2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (bcalvanese, BillS728, APianistHasNoName, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, danno858, CharlesXX, 9 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
Three standard poodles and my son's cat. The cat loves to scare me when I am practicing on the Piano - he sneaks under the bench and rubs my leg.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

OP Offline
Originally Posted by HarmonySmurf
maybe this will work...[Linked Image]

Seems Princess Bo Bo is a bit camera-shy!

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

- Casio (Casiotone) CT-S300 - 2020
- Casio (Privia) PX-870BK - 2019
- Casio (Casiotone) CT-680 - 1990
- Yamaha (Portatone) PS-25 - 1983
- Yamaha (Portasound) PS-2 - 1980
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Suzysue
Three standard poodles and my son's cat. The cat loves to scare me when I am practicing on the Piano - he sneaks under the bench and rubs my leg.

Suzysue, your three poodles are stunning! And big! Growing up, we always had toy poodles. I have always wanted to get a standard, but it seems there are none here in Newfoundland. We keep looking though, with the hope that one day some puppies will become available.

Glen

OP Offline
Here's a few shots of Chrissy, our purebred Shih Tzu who has faithfully remained right by my side every single day for the past twelve years! She's slowing down now and has some health issues, but she's still enjoying life to the fullest!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Glen

OP Offline
Our dear Sheba on her 2nd birthday. Our gentle giant loves to watch me when I am playing. (seems to prefer Chopin and Mozart... and a little Beatles and Billy Joel too!) She normally sits right beside me at the piano, but occasionally will watch/listen from the sidelines, from the comfort of her sofas.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Glen

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Glen, I noticed you are showing off your “grand” Yamaha! smile.

Kawai NV10
OP Offline
Originally Posted by TomLC
Glen, I noticed you are showing off your “grand” Yamaha! smile.

Yes TomLC, and there's a "grand" Honda there also, but it's not too visible in that shot. So you're maybe wondering... how does a disabled guy ride motorcycles? Well, if I keep to short excursions of no more than about 45-60 minutes near our island home, and then come back home and straight to bed, it works out well some days. Naturally, I wish that I could spend a lot more time riding, but it is what it is; I try to make the very most of it.

I returned to riding in 2015 for the first time since 1980, and I've been having an absolute blast. My two current rides are a 2014 Yamaha V-Star Custom (cruiser) and a 2014 Honda CB500FA. (naked roadster) Here are some pics of the bikes and a couple more of my toys:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Glen

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
My cat was previously concerned that I was working too hard. Now she would prefer that I pay attention to her rather press these white and black keys. I kept playing as long as I could but her paws eventually got in the way of the notes.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by KevinM; 01/01/20 06:15 PM.
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
That's a very sweet cat Kevin. What's her name?

Our two Siberian cats (further up in this thread) spent the early hours of New Year in the closet hiding from the firecrackers outside.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
She is called Freya. She has a lot of love to give but also quite needy.

We did cat fostering for over a year. Freya is known as a foster fail where we got sucked in by her charms and decided to keep her. The cat protection society will only let you foster if you don’t have your own cat.

She was our sixth foster cat, the other five we looked after until they all found a new forever home.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
Freya doesn’t seem bothered by by fireworks.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
The cat on the right

[Linked Image]

is extremely high strung and susceptible to stress. My wife took him to the vet for his shots and by the time he got there, he was unable to stand. He literally fell on his side, mewed, and pawed the air like he was dying. Talk about an extreme stress reaction!

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
They both look very well looked after. Your wife I guess is completely sucked in by their charms.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by KevinM
They both look very well looked after. Your wife I guess is completely sucked in by their charms.

Yep, they fit the definition of pampered pets. Not me so much. When I'm there in Amsterdam, they look at me from afar to decide if I am safe to approach. LOL

[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I have a dog, 2 cats and 3 tarantulas

If the piano is the King of instruments then I am its loyal servant.
My blog:
https://mymusictree.blogspot.com/

Currently on Barratt Classic Piano Course book 1
Casio AP450

My Facebook Piano Group
OP Offline
Our dogs, Sheba (2-year-old German Shepherd) and Chrissy (12-year-old Shih Tzu) are soon going to have a new canine companion! We're on the wait-list for a purebred Golden Retriever puppy; the litter is expected on Feb 14th.

Two other females are already spoken for, so as long as there will be at least three females in a litter of approx nine pups, we should be all set! She's going to be a big girl too, we believe, as both parents are substantially larger than the average Golden Retriever. (Mom is 75 lbs, and Dad weighs in at 85 lbs... though both are quite slender) We should be making the epic 20+ hour journey (including two ferry crossings) clear across the province to bring our new puppy home sometime around April 10, 2020.

Here's a photo of the Mom when she was just a pup.

[Linked Image]

Glen

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
That's an impressive journey Glen. Is that 20+ hours total or 40+ hours total? But how will your health be on such a trip? Do you have any way to lay down in the car enroute?

[Linked Image]

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
That's an impressive journey Glen. Is that 20+ hours total or 40+ hours total? But how will your health be on such a trip? Do you have any way to lay down in the car enroute?

Tyrone, I have been making some calculations, and it appears that the trip can't be made in under 24 hours total, and that's if everything were to go according to plan. But from November through May, its just a given that something is bound to throw a monkey wrench into the best-laid plans. We must be ever-mindful of dangerous sea conditions... thick pack ice, ice pressure, poor road conditions/visibility, drifting snow, long ferry lineups, ferry breakdowns, strong winds, etc. We have learned that a day trip from our island can easily turn into a 3 or 4 day ordeal. (or longer!)

With my spinal issues I would not be able to tolerate the trip to pick up our puppy, so it will likely be my wife and daughter making the journey. Better yet, would be if we can convince the breeder to meet us halfway with our puppy, to best avoid an overnight stay.

Glen

OP Offline
Well, we're supposed to be bringing little Abby, our new purebred Golden Retriever puppy, home in 12 more days, but it's looking like our plans are now on hold indefinitely. We have no idea how, or when, we are ever going to be able to get off this island to go pick her up, and we are really stressing out about this. All of the provincial ferries are now only to be used for commercial trucks, and for those needing to get to work, as well as for medical emergencies.

As things currently stand, our breeder is unable to even take the puppies to the vet to begin their series of vaccinations, as vet offices are now closed-up, except to perform emergency procedures. Pretty much everything in this province is completely shut down now; about the only people who remain working are medical personnel/first responders, pharmacists, and Canada Post. Frightening times we are living in these days, that's for sure.

Here's hoping that my fellow PW forum members are staying healthy, and riding out this storm in relative comfort. Please stay safe, everyone!

Here's a pic of our sweet little Abby, taken at almost 5 weeks. Hopefully we can find a way to bring her home soon!

[Linked Image]

Glen

D
D
I have two dogs living

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission