2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
49 members (anotherscott, chopinetto, DSC, c++, DigitalSpace, 36251, Burkey, 15 invisible), 428 guests, and 459 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
Re: Pianist magazine
Pianoperformance #2919579 12/04/19 04:14 AM
Please don’t chase them away. They do try to help. Love the back issue specials that pop up now and then too.

TH
[Linked Image]
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Pianoperformance #2919590 12/04/19 05:43 AM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I'm not trying to chase them away - I am a subscriber too. But surely it wouldn't break them if they bought an advertisement and supported this site, which they are clearly using to sell subscriptions and communicate with their customers.

Sam

sinophilia #2919597 12/04/19 07:01 AM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by sinophilia
Alright but please, don't let them run away now! It's so great that they are here responding to questions and addressing problems. Obviously PianoWorld is a great place for them to be and find subscribers, but the fact is that the magazine is good, otherwise nobody would even consider buying it - regardless of who's on the cover.

For me personally, subscribing is probably the single best thing that I did for my practice. Actually there are not many other magazines like that out there, so it's not like there's a lot of competition! International Piano, to which I'm also subscribed, is different and has much less music to learn in it. Pianist is an incredible resource especially for someone who is self-teaching like myself.

They should probably avoid posting in other threads, though. But it's not like people doesn't know the magazine exists. They even come here proposing discounts and offers. I just realised the other day that my subscription had automatically renewed, and the price I paid was the Black Friday heavily discounted one grin

+1!!! thumb

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Sam S #2919664 12/04/19 11:59 AM
E
E
Originally Posted by Sam S
I'm not trying to chase them away - I am a subscriber too. But surely it wouldn't break them if they bought an advertisement and supported this site, which they are clearly using to sell subscriptions and communicate with their customers.

Sam

Looks like they've been removed according to their profile, which is a real shame considering how useful they have been!!

elliep1996 #2919670 12/04/19 12:06 PM
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by elliep1996

Sam

Looks like they've been removed according to their profile, which is a real shame considering how useful they have been!!

Pianoperformance still has a profile, last online yesterday morning and has no banned designation
Were you perhaps looking for an account for Pianist Magazine? There was never one that included the word ‘magazine’

Last edited by dogperson; 12/04/19 12:07 PM.

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
dogperson #2919675 12/04/19 12:21 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by dogperson

Sam

Pianoperformance still has a profile, last online yesterday morning and has no banned designation
Were you perhaps looking for an account for Pianist Magazine? [v]There was never one that included the word ‘magazine’ [/b]

There was for Pianist Magazine. As a result of the complaints, they have been banned from PW.

Very annoyed, but c'est la vie. Sometimes life gives you peaches, and other times prunes.

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Pianoperformance #2919678 12/04/19 12:23 PM
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
That seems unexpectedly harsh. I was expecting them to be told not to do the equivalent of advertising on the forum not be banned.

Tyrone Slothrop #2919679 12/04/19 12:26 PM
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

Sam

Were you perhaps looking for an account for Pianist Magazine? [v]There was never one that included the word ‘magazine’ [/b]

There was for Pianist Magazine. As a result of the complaints, they have been banned from PW.

Very annoyed, but c'est la vie. Sometimes life gives you peaches, and other times prunes.

Pianist Magazine has not participated in any recent thread re the magazine. I don’t see any posts under this screen name.
All posts have been done under the account for piano performance, which is not banned.

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin

dogperson #2919681 12/04/19 12:28 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

Pianist Magazine has not participated in any recent thread re the magazine. I don’t see any posts under this screen name.
All posts have been done under the account for piano performance, which is not banned.

Take a look at this link for example. Note the word "banned" on the left panel.

[Linked Image]

Tyrone Slothrop #2919684 12/04/19 12:30 PM
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member

Quite strange

dogperson #2919695 12/04/19 12:39 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Quite strange

Although I find it unfortunate and sad, it's not at all strange. There was a lively discussion in this thread about how wrong Piano Magazine was. A number of people gave their strong opinions about their behavior. It's possible some member took the opportunity to click the "Report" button and report the miscreants to the moderators. Presto. Banned. Action / reaction.

[Linked Image]

Tyrone Slothrop #2919697 12/04/19 12:43 PM
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
Quite strange

Although I find it unfortunate and sad, it's not at all strange. There was a lively discussion in this thread about how wrong Piano Magazine was. A number of people gave their strong opinions about their behavior. It's possible some member took the opportunity to click the "Report" button and report the miscreants to the moderators. Presto. Banned. Action / reaction.
b
What is ‘strange’ is that piano performance started this thread and initially supplied the magazine information. That account is active.

Pianoperformance #2919698 12/04/19 12:44 PM

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Excellent job, whoever it was that reported them! They just posted a single message about Lola Astanova on their latest issue and somebody had them banned? That was completely unnecessary!

dogperson #2919700 12/04/19 12:46 PM

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member

What is ‘strange’ is that piano performance started this thread and initially supplied the magazine information. That account is active.

Pianoperformance is just a member of this forum who opened this thread - it has nothing to do with Pianist magazine.

Pianoperformance #2919702 12/04/19 12:48 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Pianist Magazine has been posting to this thread. I can't understand why you would ban them. I'm going to reach out to Pianist Magazine and ask them to create a forum on their site ...

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]
Tyrone Slothrop #2919705 12/04/19 12:50 PM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
magazine.html#Post2917536]Take a look at this link for example[/url]. Note the word "banned" on the left panel.

I don't think that when a person is banned, that this is marked in their profile. The "banned" appears in the section where you put your location. If you click on the word "banned" it brings you to a location map, and you see he's from a place called "Banning". I'm thinking that it was put there as a joke, by the owner of the profile. If so, it's a good one. smile

Pianoperformance #2919709 12/04/19 12:58 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Look at their profile page. It says the member has been banned at the top.

http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/users/100386.html

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]
keystring #2919710 12/04/19 01:00 PM
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by keystring
magazine.html#Post2917536]Take a look at this link for example[/url]. Note the word "banned" on the left panel.

I don't think that when a person is banned, that this is marked in their profile. The "banned" appears in the section where you put your location. If you click on the word "banned" it brings you to a location map, and you see he's from a place called "Banning". I'm thinking that it was put there as a joke, by the owner of the profile. If so, it's a good one. smile

No joke; there is a header at the top of the profile
‘This member account has been banned’

Pianoperformance #2919713 12/04/19 01:01 PM
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Oh, great! Thanks to those who made that happen. Can you hear the sarcasm in my writing?

They posted once in a while with a discount code, and they answered subscribers' questions and helped with issues.

I found their presence useful.

I will go offline to swear some more and kick some stuff now.

Kawai K-500
Casio PX-735 (in retirement)
bSharp(C)yclist #2919714 12/04/19 01:02 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
Pianist Magazine has been posting to this thread. I can't understand why you would ban them. I'm going to reach out to Pianist Magazine and ask them to create a forum on their site ...

It was E. Palmer. Reach out to her. Tell her they still have their supporters here among members. Though obviously no one in charge of the ban-hammer.

EDIT: URL link for sending msgs.

I feel sort of sorry since I may have been the one that invited her here in the first place. Alas.

[Linked Image]

Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Our October 2020 Free Piano Newsletter is Here!
---------------------
3,000,000+!
------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is Vermeer the most 'musical' of the great artists?
by bennevis - 11/24/20 07:23 PM
New DP under 3000 euros
by Pullman12 - 11/24/20 03:21 PM
Recording device - Recommendations
by Kinimod - 11/24/20 02:52 PM
Your opinions on my digital mixer setup
by Abdol - 11/24/20 02:37 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics203,024
Posts3,026,794
Members99,363
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission