2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (Carey, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, 13 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
This may be a silly question, but: is Wavesfactory Mercury the same as Waves Grand Rhapsody? Both seem to be sampled from a Fazioli F-228 at Metropolis Studios.

Physical instruments: Roland FP-30, and E-28
Virtual instruments: "The Experience" piano collection, NI "The Maverick", Galaxy II Grand piano collection, Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.5.2
Focus: 1850±100 years
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Does Wavesfactory Mercury handle half-pedaling and repealing correctly?

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by QuasiUnaFantasia
This may be a silly question, but: is Wavesfactory Mercury the same as Waves Grand Rhapsody? Both seem to be sampled from a Fazioli F-228 at Metropolis Studios.

Does that one work on Kontact player? Or does it require Kontakt full version?

Scratch that: the user manual states that it works as standalone software.

Last edited by Burkie; 11/28/19 09:21 AM.

Pianos are one of the best human inventions of the past 323 years - help evangelize the magic!
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B

I think the difference is - Mercury is Freddie Mercury's actual personal piano, whereas the other one is not.
Could also be sampling and layer differences in the recordings.
Mercury is about 34Gb.

But for $29 that other one is perfect for a first time VST buyer.
It's hard to go wrong with a Fazioli smile

Last edited by Burkie; 11/28/19 09:27 AM.

Pianos are one of the best human inventions of the past 323 years - help evangelize the magic!
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
I own Waves Grand Rhapsody and I cannot recommend it. Apart from the piano itself, Waves licensing mechnism is very problematic.

Ars non habet osorem nisi ignorantem
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by AlphaBravoCharlie
I own Waves Grand Rhapsody and I cannot recommend it. Apart from the piano itself, Waves licensing mechnism is very problematic.

Is the sampling no good?

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

I think when you make such a statement, it is important to explain what is problematic because what is problematic to you may not be problematic to others.

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
R
R
I own Waves Grand Rhapsody and I cannot recommend it.

I tryied demo version of this piano and also I can't recommend it, especially in not equal layers in "p" and "pp" dynamic. There are my testing samples of this piano:
https://soundcloud.com/rychubil/sets/waves-rhapsody-grand

Kawai VPC1 | Arturia Minilab Mk2
Pianoteq 6 Pro | Synthogy Ivory II | Arturia Analog Lab Lite | Korg Collection
Roland Quad Capture | Neumann KH120 | Grado SR225i
cornet Olds Ambassador, Hohner harmonicas and melodicas
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Burkie

Is the sampling no good?

Sampling is OK, but not on the level of other products. I would rate Garritan, Ivory, Ravenscroft or even Pianoteq much much higher.

Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

I think when you make such a statement, it is important to explain what is problematic because what is problematic to you may not be problematic to others.

I downloaded, installed and activated Waves Central (which is necessary to activate any Waves VST) on one laptop, in which I did not exchange a single thing, nor hardware, nor software. After one week of usage, when I tried to open Grand Rhapsody standalone, it showed "no licence" pop-up and in Waves Central my C: drive, on which I installed software was shown as disconnected. It occurs Waves takes the MAC address of your network card as an ID of your machine, so if you switch to using another one (eg. LAN instead of WIFI adapter), your device is listed as unauthorized. I "repaired" the issue by a little hack to overwrite my MAC address and it was working OK for another few weeks. Then 'no valid license' error occured again (I was still using the same network card). When I started Waves Central it forced me to update it before I start. After this I had to activate Grand Rhapsody again, but prior to that I had to de-activate it from previous device (?!), but it was still the same laptop with exactly the same configuration.

I had never such problems with other VSTs.

Last edited by AlphaBravoCharlie; 11/28/19 10:04 AM.

Ars non habet osorem nisi ignorantem
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro headphones (about $130, 50%+ discount)

https://www.newegg.com/black-beyerdynamic-dt-990-other/p/0TF-00D2-00003

O
O
Pianoteq BF offers are here!

Black Friday promotional offer

During this Black Friday weekend (Nov 28-Dec 1) we are offering:

Pianoteq PRO and Studio bundle 25% off
Pianoteq Studio Bundle 25% off
Organteq 10% off

U
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
U
Originally Posted by OmniaAequalis

Organteq 10% off

Meh...

I understand pianoteq stage is cheap enough, but i was hoping for a discount on the standard version.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by OmniaAequalis

Organteq 10% off

Some upgrade also get a 25% discount as I just found out. I just utilized this deal to upgrade my STANDARD to PRO a few mins ago. Thanks for letting us know!

[Linked Image]

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

Is that the full version?

Well, 20% off. Anyone think there will be a better Black Friday deal on Garritan CFX coming?

Is the Sweetwater deal still the best one on Garritan CFX?

[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by U3piano

Meh...

I understand pianoteq stage is cheap enough, but i was hoping for a discount on the standard version.

My sentiments exactly. They already did a discount on the Pro version back this summer, and getting two further instruments included in the Pro version (beyond the Stage version) is not all that interesting, given that all the instruments sound very similar.

Virtual instruments: "The Experience" piano collection, NI "The Maverick", Galaxy II Grand piano collection, Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.5.2
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by U3piano
Meh...

My sentiments exactly. They already did a discount on the Pro version back this summer, and getting two further instruments included in the Pro version (beyond the Stage version) is not all that interesting, given that all the instruments sound very similar.

I guess it depends on the user. An upgrade of STAGE wouldn't have helped me since I already had STANDARD.

But it is strange that their special discount was only to Pro and Pro Bundle. Doesn't see fair for people who didn't already have STANDARD.

[Linked Image]

O
O

Some upgrade also get a 25% discount as I just found out. I just utilized this deal to upgrade my STANDARD to PRO a few mins ago. Thanks for letting us know!

I did too. I really wanted to upgrade for a while now, but found the price a bit high. I wanted to add 2 instruments as well so this was a great price for me: Stage to Pro + 2 instruments for $180.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I guess it depends on the user. An upgrade of STAGE wouldn't have helped me since I already had STANDARD.

But it is strange that their special discount was only to Pro and Pro Bundle. Doesn't see fair for people who didn't already have STANDARD.

It works for those who want to upgrade to Pro from Stage, but those who just want to upgrade to Standard are not invited to the party.

M
M
I just utilized this deal to upgrade my STANDARD to PRO a few mins ago. Thanks for letting us know!

Congratulations!

Did you pick all your instruments from scratch or just added new one?
Read in one of the threads on PW that you are allowed to choose all your instruments as if you newly buy PRO. I'd like to get rid of my K2 and pick another instrument...

Roland FP-30
Komplete 12 Ult; Ivory 2 - ACD, Grand Pianos; Vilabs - ALL; Pianoteq - 7 PRO; Galaxy - Vintage D, Vienna Grand; Production Voices - All Kontakt libs; Lounge Lizard EP-4; Neo-Soul Keys; AcousticSamples - All; Addictive Keys- All
Zoom UAC-2; Beyers DT-880 PRO; JBL - LSR305
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Max_Forte
I just utilized this deal to upgrade my STANDARD to PRO a few mins ago. Thanks for letting us know!
Congratulations!

Did you pick all your instruments from scratch or just added new one?
Read in one of the threads on PW that you are allowed to choose all your instruments as if you newly buy PRO. I'd like to get rid of my K2 and pick another instrument...

Unfortunately, though I had read the same thing on PW, the reality is that the system only allows picking only one more instrument (it was already at STANDARD). Perhaps though If you contact customer support, they will fix this and allow you to re-pick. If you open a support ticket and get a positive response, let us know! I too have a useless K2 sick (and useless Steinway D sick ).

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission