2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (36251, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, 10 invisible), 1,434 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 47 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 46 47
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sol Finker
I finished lesson 7 and I'll wait for a reseller to turn up. The course, interesting as it might be, is too expensive for me.

There are other chord piano and cocktail piano courses, some of which have been reviewed in this thread and other threads here. You might want to take another one here which better fits your budget. Chord piano and cocktail piano existed before Duane Shinn made a course about it. It may be the most systematic teacher-less course though, but I'm sure you can find something else adequate to your needs.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
I finished lesson 7 and I'll wait for a reseller to turn up. The course, interesting as it might be, is too expensive for me.

There are other chord piano and cocktail piano courses, some of which have been reviewed in this thread and other threads here. You might want to take another one here which better fits your budget. Chord piano and cocktail piano existed before Duane Shinn made a course about it. It may be the most systematic teacher-less course though, but I'm sure you can find something else adequate to your needs.

Agreed.
In fact, I am doing right now the Five Essential Seventh Chords Course totally free, and even though I don't agree with the order of the practice sessions - who am I - I am satisfied with the progression.

Jaime CLP-645
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by David B

It definitely taught me how to play the piano. I really didn't know much at all prior to the course. I'm looking forward with great anticipation to Duane's Praise and Gospel series and his Pro Secrets course. I will start both after the 52 week course is done.

Good luck with it!

Thank you for posting your videos.

I'm thinking about selling my 52 Week Course when I'm done with it. I don't even know if selling things on this forum is allowed. I wouldn't know where else to sell it. I would let it go for close to have the price. PM if you're interested and we can figure something out.

God Bless,
David

I'm thinking about selling my 52 Week Course when I'm done with it. I don't even know if selling things on this forum is allowed. I wouldn't know where else to sell it. I would let it go for close to have the price. PM if you're interested and we can figure something out.

God Bless,
David

I suppose if someone is interested in whatever, he can expose it on the forum and receive a PM about it.
V.gr. "I am trying to find a 1902 mahogany upright Steinway. Should somebody knows about one, please let me know via PM"

Moderators may think otherwise though.

Jaime CLP-645
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Here is a little Boogie riff from lesson 42. I really don't care for this style, but it was interesting training my brain to learn it. The arrangement is Duane's. He threw in syncopation and more chording in the right hand. There are a few songs with this pattern in lessons 42 and 43, but I'm not going to record anymore of them. I'll play it as written and then arranged. The piano sound the N1X CFX binaural.

Lesson 42 is finished although there is one other song l'd like to record before I officially call it complete.

God Bless,
David

P
pwl Offline
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
P
David - Really a fantastic job on that arrangement! I'm thinkin' - somewhere down the line a few of those riffs right in the middle of a hymn . . . get folks toes a tappin'!

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by pwl
David - Really a fantastic job on that arrangement! I'm thinkin' - somewhere down the line a few of those riffs right in the middle of a hymn . . . get folks toes a tappin'!

Yeah, Boogie always seems to be a crowd favorite. It's a style of playing that I can only listen to for a short period of time. After a few minutes it starts to grate on me. Although it is fun for those few minutes. smile

God bless,
David

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Lesson 42 is in the books. This song (O, Canada) was not arranged by Duane but I like it because I grew up playing hockey in the northeastern US and in Canada. I heard the Canadian National Anthem quite a bit growing up, therefore, I really wanted to arrange it.

I used some of the bread and butter techniques taught in this course, i.e., arpeggios, chording, runs, walks ups/downs, (counter motion) etc. It's very gratifying because I could do none of this before the course and it gives me confidence that the time I've spent with this course has been worthwhile.

The piano sound is the VSL Steinway D. I've been experimenting with a very dry Steinway sound and I like it. The song is played as written and then arranged.

God Bless,
David

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Great job on arranging O, Canada, David B! thumb

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Great job on arranging O, Canada, David B! thumb

Thank you. It's nice to practice the techniques in a song that I actually enjoy.

God Bless,
David

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Really nice, David. Clean sounds, nice runs. You are doing great. thumb

Kawai NV10
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by TomLC
Really nice, David. Clean sounds, nice runs. You are doing great. thumb

Thank you.

It really is nice to have these beautiful instruments to play.

God Bless,
David

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Hi,

Iā€™m looking for this course but not sure if you need the DVDā€™s?

Iā€™m thinking of buying this book:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/0912732687...1284802&sprefix=duane+shi&sr=8-1

Is it the crash course? smile

EP Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Not even close. The DVD's are 90% of the course, I would say.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by EP

Great thanks, I will just have to keep looking smile

EP Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I see that you are in Sweden, so I don't know what it would involve to get them to you, but if you go to playpiano.com they still offer the Crash Course. Duane passed away recently but I believe his widow still runs the business offering his courses. Maybe you'll get lucky and find it on eBay or somewhere like that.

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
From what I understand, Duaneā€™s son is revising the website and will make his materials available for download maybe sometime this year. I doubt the cost of the materials will go down, but they will be a bit easier to acquire.

God bless,
David

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
From what I understand, Duaneā€™s son is revising the website and will make his materials available for download maybe sometime this year. I doubt the cost of the materials will go down, but they will be a bit easier to acquire.

God bless,
David

This sounds amazing, hope this will come soon. It would make a lot of sense to just be able to get the content as digital download.

God bless,
David

I had customs issues with the delivery and one of the DVDs lacked the last 4' recording.
The delivery address was also innacurate.
So this is a step in the right direction

Jaime CLP-645
D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Boboulus
Originally Posted by EP

Great thanks, I will just have to keep looking smile

Not sure what you are trying to do.

Find the course ?

Or find it somewhere other than playpiano.com ?

To find the course .;... just login to playpiano.com and sort products from HIGH price to LOW price and it will appear on top.

Good Lucki

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
Page 27 of 47 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 46 47

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,193
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission