Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

Who's Online Now
80 registered members (Boboulus, Bruce In Philly, anotherscott, bobrunyan, alexPixel, ando, 28 invisible), 2,241 guests, and 844 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Grazilerimba] #2917815 11/29/19 05:14 PM
Tyrone Slothrop Online Content
8000 Post Club Member
Online Content
8000 Post Club Member
Has anyone seen any Black Friday deals for Cubase? I see some other Steinberg deals, but nothing for Cubase in particular.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
(ad) SWEETWATER Lowest Prices
Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Grazilerimba] #2917818 11/29/19 05:17 PM
Frédéric L Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I have bought a «Steinberg key » : https://m.thomann.de/fr/steinberg_key.htm and used it without trouble with VSL.

I suppose the reverse (Vienna key with Cubase) would work but never tried it.

The software (eLicensor Control Center), is generic and would surely work without differences with both keys and support both software.

Yamaha CLP150, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Frédéric L] #2917822 11/29/19 05:25 PM
8000 Post Club Member
Online Content
8000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Frédéric L
I have bought a «Steinberg key » : https://m.thomann.de/fr/steinberg_key.htm and used it without trouble with VSL.

The software (eLicensor Control Center), is generic and would surely work without differences with both keys and support both software.

OK. I will buy Cubase without the key and if it doesn't work with the VSL key, I'll just get the Steinberg Key later. No rush.

In fact, come to think of it, if there is no Black Friday sale, perhaps I should just wait on the Cubase.

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2917826 11/29/19 05:41 PM
N
nicknameTaken Online Content
Online Content
N
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
[quote=Frédéric L]I have bought a «Steinberg key » : https://m.thomann.de/fr/steinberg_key.htm and used it without trouble with VSL.

It should work. They seem to use cubase for rendering files.
Anyways - while the product sounds really great, I don't think any digital piano except some of the Yamaha Enspire series could properly fill the whole MIDI range for expression. You can tweak a little, but it will be off.

In the end - it's all but a illusion for the real thing, and Yamahas technology is very expensive. And at that price point, you can have a small accoustic...

Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Grazilerimba] #2917835 11/29/19 06:00 PM
Frédéric L Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Enspire or Disklavier will have un upper limit.

See p6 https://iwk.mdw.ac.at/goebl/papers/Goebl-Bresin_ JASA2003_reproAccuracy.pdf the reproduction is limited. (3m/s on a Yamaha Disklavier, 5.5m/s on a Bösendorfer Stahnke Electronics) It the same with virtual pianos but the limit could be something different.

The Vienna Imperial Grand (VSL) was recorded with a CEUS system, then I suppose the 127 MIDI value trigger what is played at the highest velocity of the CEUS. I don’t know how CEUS compares with Disklavier or Stahnke Electronics.

Afterward, VSL recorded other pianos : Steinway (with a specific robot system), Yamaha (Disklavier Enspire)... then we may have the full range of thes reproduction system.

Yamaha CLP150, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Grazilerimba] #2917836 11/29/19 06:06 PM
U
U3piano Online Content
500 Post Club Member
Online Content
500 Post Club Member
U
Does anyone have an opinion on how the embertone walker compares to the ivory American concert D?

Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Grazilerimba] #2917842 11/29/19 06:18 PM
K
KevinM Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
K
I am liking the sound of the Ivory II American Concert D. I still need to play with settings.

Getting my first VST up and running has been a bit frustrating. Too many different things have to be just right before anything works. Then there was getting it to work in GarageBand which was another painful procedure.

Why Synthogy thought that putting the documentation in the same folder you set for the piano samples I don’t know. I spent ages playing with stuff thinking there was no manual until I hit another block and just emailed Synthogy support. At least they responded fairly quickly.

Still waiting on Garritan to provide download links and serial.

Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2917854 11/29/19 06:58 PM
johnstaf Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

OK. I will buy Cubase without the key and if it doesn't work with the VSL key, I'll just get the Steinberg Key later. No rush.

When you buy Cubase or a VSL instrument, just paste the serial number into the control centre with the eLicenser key attached. I don't know if there's a limit on the number of licenses it can hold, but it can certainly hold lots of them.

Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Grazilerimba] #2917865 11/29/19 07:51 PM
N
newer player Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
N
Production Voices offers

Compact Grand Compact (Steinway D) $99 >>$24
--Sforzando Free

Concert Grand LE (Steinway D) $149 >> $79
--Kontakt Full

Estate Grand (Kawai GS 60) $79 >>$19
--Sforzando Free or Kontakt Full

Production Grand Compact (Yamaha C7) $99 >>$24
--Sforzando Free

https://www.productionvoices.com/black-friday-2019/
https://www.productionvoices.com/product/concert-grand-le/

Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Grazilerimba] #2917900 11/29/19 09:54 PM
8000 Post Club Member
Online Content
8000 Post Club Member
My Christmas purchases for myself that I just made on Black Friday, all on sale:
  • Pianoteq PRO upgrade (from STANDARD) + 1 more instrument
  • Garritan CFX full
  • Embertone Walker Concert D w/ all mics
  • Galaxy Vintage D full
  • Ivory II American Concert D full + Halls of Fame 3 EVEN T 2016 full
  • Noire
  • Wavesfactory Mercury + iZotope Nectar Elements
  • KONTAKT 6 Crossgrade
  • LiquidSonics Illusion (convolution reverb)
  • Piano Marvel annual subscription (for daughter)

Only other thing I wanted was Cubase Pro, but there was no Black Friday sale on it so I decided to wait and see if it will go on sale before the end of the year.

[Linked Image]

Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2917940 11/30/19 01:44 AM
U
U3piano Online Content
500 Post Club Member
Online Content
500 Post Club Member
U
My Christmas purchases for myself that I just made on Black Friday, all on sale:
  • Pianoteq PRO upgrade (from STANDARD) + 1 more instrument
  • Garritan CFX full
  • Embertone Walker Concert D w/ all mics
  • Galaxy Vintage D full
  • Ivory II American Concert D full + Halls of Fame 3 EVEN T 2016 full
  • Noire
  • Wavesfactory Mercury + iZotope Nectar Elements
  • KONTAKT 6 Crossgrade
  • LiquidSonics Illusion (convolution reverb)
  • Piano Marvel annual subscription (for daughter)

Only other thing I wanted was Cubase Pro, but there was no Black Friday sale on it so I decided to wait and see if it will go on sale before the end of the year.

Merry Christmas, nice list! laugh

Here's my list of black friday gifts to myself:

- Ivory II American Concert D

grin I ordered the boxed version, can't wait to try it!

Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Frédéric L] #2917947 11/30/19 03:26 AM
O
OmniaAequalis Offline
O
Originally Posted by Frédéric L

I did exactly the same yesterday! Using a dongle is a bit of a hassle, but it does work. Did you manage to back-up your VSL license to your Steinberg account, or is that only supported for Steinberg products?

Bought VSL Big Bang Orchestra Andromeda. What a beautiful sounding orchestra for the money! Very pleased about that!!!

Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Grazilerimba] #2917948 11/30/19 03:38 AM
K
KevinM Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
K
Wow Tyrone. I bought 2 as I mentioned above. I don’t think I could properly get my ears around so many instruments. I think I would just get lost as to what I liked and didn’t like about each with so many. I would probably try and restrict myself to playing with no more than 2 in any one month.

Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: U3piano] #2917977 11/30/19 06:16 AM
U
U3piano Online Content
500 Post Club Member
Online Content
500 Post Club Member
U

[*] Ivory II American Concert D full + Halls of Fame 3 EVEN T 2016 full

What's that? confused

Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: U3piano] #2917995 11/30/19 07:21 AM
8000 Post Club Member
Online Content
8000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by U3piano

[*] Ivory II American Concert D full + Halls of Fame 3 EVEN T 2016 full

What's that? confused

Something free the seller wanted me to pick. I'm sure it's completely useless!

[Linked Image]

Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: KevinM] #2918048 11/30/19 08:59 AM
8000 Post Club Member
Online Content
8000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by KevinM
Wow Tyrone. I bought 2 as I mentioned above. I don’t think I could properly get my ears around so many instruments. I think I would just get lost as to what I liked and didn’t like about each with so many. I would probably try and restrict myself to playing with no more than 2 in any one month.

Between these and the 3 VSL Synchron pianos, I'm pretty sure I have committed all or almost all of the 3TB SSD storage on my DAW now. I just need to wait until the DAW actually arrives and I can start downloading this stuff. Even on my fast Internet connection, I'm guessing it will take a few days to download all of this.

[Linked Image]

Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2918059 11/30/19 09:27 AM
Bruce In Philly Online Content
Online Content
Originally Posted by KevinM

Between these and the 3 VSL Synchron pianos, I'm pretty sure I have committed all or almost all of the 3TB SSD storage on my DAW now. I just need to wait until the DAW actually arrives and I can start downloading this stuff. Even on my fast Internet connection, I'm guessing it will take a few days to download all of this.

You are going to have some fun over the next few months. I suspect you will fall into one go-to sound after a while.... the others will be for change up. Keep us informed of your journey. I have a recommendation: Keep your fridge filled with Pilsner Urquells.... that is one fun-enhancer as you plow through all of this.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Bruce In Philly] #2918060 11/30/19 09:29 AM
8000 Post Club Member
Online Content
8000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
I have a recommendation: Keep your fridge filled with Pilsner Urquells.... that is one fun-enhancer as you plow through all of this.

That's one of my favorite beers! The Czech brew a might fine beer! thumb

[Linked Image]

Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Grazilerimba] #2918916 12/02/19 05:50 AM
TheodorN Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Got the Production Voices Concert Grand LE for a good price. Downloading now, 77GB. sick

PV is using some service, Pulse Downloader, for delivering the Concert Grand, which requires me to download the instrument at one time.

Wish it were possible to download in chunks, because the program says it takes at least five hours. That's how I downloaded Production Grand Gold 2.

I've long since grown tired of these huge libraries, but the Concert Grand sounds very pretty, I'll have to say.

Will try running it on an external SSD, USB connected. If it doesn't run without problems that way, I'll see if I have a free SATA port, or finally set up my new computer!

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, NI Giant, Sampletekk White Grand, Choc. Audio Steinbach, and a few more. Kontakt 5. Reaper.
Re: Black Friday piano VST deals [Re: Grazilerimba] #2920007 12/05/19 05:04 AM
N
newer player Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
N
Native Instruments Kontakt 6 Full (crossgrade) is on deep discount to $124.50 until 9 december. Regular price is $399. NI has several sales per year but this is as good as I have seen.

You must have qualifying instrument. The Free Embertone Arcana qualified for crossgrade for me. Details, instructions and link is at CakeWalk forum

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/9197-full-kontakt-6-for-as-little-as-12450/

FYI - this old page gives an idea of what instruments are included in Kontakt 6 (55GB of content and >1000 sounds)

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/instruments-in-kontakt-5-factory-library.198873/

EDIT - then one could upgrade to Komplete 12 for $199 (regular upgrade price is $399 and regular price is $599). That gives more instruments...

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-12/compare/

Last edited by newer player; 12/05/19 05:13 AM.
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Piano World 

Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Profonity Steinway D for Kontakt
by newer player - 01/20/20 11:18 AM
Baldwin Hamilton serial # lookup
by BobR1 - 01/20/20 09:05 AM
Frequent "Database Error"?
by CyberGene - 01/20/20 08:51 AM
CA97 vs CA78
by giu - 01/20/20 04:36 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics196,416
Posts2,914,836
Members95,670
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission