2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
67 members (AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, Colin Miles, 36251, 11 invisible), 2,061 guests, and 361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
36. MarieJ - Uno Einaudi’s works continue to teach me an important lesson. When it comes to extracting music from a printed score: the fewer the notes, the greater the challenge!

35. Calavera - Main theme A totally new piece for me. I can see why the theme captivated you and I enjoyed your very expressive performance.

34. facdo - Sonatina in F Major - Op.36 No.4 I watched the first video and thought that was the end (I preferred the new camera angle after 1:32), then noticed that your submission was more than 8 minutes long. Finally realised that there were two more YouTube videos. smile Beautifully played.

33. AssociateX (Liz) - Rachmaninov- Prelude Op. 23 # 5 (G min) Wow - just wow! Liz, I’d love to hear this again after final polishing (if there is such a thing as final polishing … )

32. Piano_primo_1 - Chopin Prelude Op 28 No. 20 in C minor That was a treat. I thought that the string accompaniment was subtle enough not to detract from your sensitive performance.

31. Ganddalf -Sonata g-minor Hob.XVI no.44 1st movement Gandalf, I’m not qualified to advise on technical matters, so my comments are unashamedly subjective: that was a delight.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
Well done guys! I also visited all of your YouTube links and saw some very cool videos too!

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
30. Mosotti - Theme From Love Story I’m impressed - speed learning, and only two years into your piano journey! Very confidently played, nice dynamics.

29. timmyab - Kinderscenen pieces 1-4 Loved all four pieces. The variety made this a special listen, and I’m looking forward to the next three.

28. joangolfing - Prelude Op. 28, No.6 A wistful ‘keeper’ played with a lovely delicate touch.

27. dumka1 - "April" (Snowdrop) from "The Seasons" I revisited your earlier submission to compare, and was impressed with your progress on this piece - well done!

26. Snejana - Sailboats in the Bay Please don’t ‘sulk in the corner’; we are invariably our own toughest critics. Every new piece seems to contain challenges, but that’s why we keep going. I’m glad you submitted this pretty (and promising) piece.

25. thepianoplayer416 - Georgia on My Mind And I did enjoy it, thank you. Nice bluesy sound!

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
12. peterws - Jus' Wonderin'
Well done, Peter. That was wonderfully alive, melodic, spirited.

13. Jason Lenthe - The Entertainer
Jason, what wonderful rhythms you play, the whole world seems to dance! Great stuff!

14. ThomasPiano - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Spirited playing, cool video! Nice start for the holiday season.

17. Chrispy - The Watchmen Opus 12 Nr. 3
Nicely played, Chrispy. The Nordic recital's loss is our gain. smile

20. zsolpyW - Por Una Cabeza
What beautiful sounds you get from that Steinway, and what stirring rhythms! Makes me want to dance!

Ed

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
24. PikaPianist - Albumblatt in E major Op. 59, No. 5 I’ve never heard of this composer - and what a superb introduction. Brilliant!

23. PianogrlNW - Milonga Surena Played with style - a round of applause!

22. barbaram - Gavotte in G Minor BWV 822 From a tango to a gavotte - more lovely dance music. That is indeed a pretty piece - well done!

21. Jerzyk19 - Invierno Porteno Another tango! I loved this - a great piece, and so well played. Congratulations!

20. zsolpyW - Por Una Cabeza A third tango? What a treat! You produced a great performance on that Steinway - bravo!

19. Sandalholme - La lugubre gondole II A contrast after all the dancing smile. A sorrowful and powerful composition which you handled most sensitively.

T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by peterws

6 Ted Jones
What fun you have! Such nice embellishments, and fluidity not to mention joy, would indicate in all probability you beat us at Rugby lately . . . Joking apart, there's great phrases in there; High energy stuff, man! The grand finale, or more to come?

Thanks Peter, I'm not a typical Kiwi I'm afraid, not interested in rugby, racing or beer. Your win was a good thing, as the All Blacks were getting very full of themselves. There will always be more improvisation, my music won't stop until I suck the kumara. There's a bit of Kiwi slang for you.

Last edited by Ted; 11/17/19 03:11 AM.

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
16. Riddler (Ed) - A Time for Love

Lovely mellow feel you have given this piece. Or at least captured the mellow intent well. Well done.

17. Chrispy - The Watchmen Opus 12 Nr. 3

Well done for playing so well as a true recital. I think you have captured the feel of Grieg well.

18. ShiroKuro - Monday (for Monica)

Beautiful, so well played. A worthy dedication to Monica.

19. Sandalholme - La lugubre gondole II

Haunting, with hints of impending doom, discordant. Well done for capturing these complex feelings.

20. zsolpyW - Por Una Cabeza

A feeling of power comes with this piece. A tango with authority, certainty about what is coming next. Your playing reflects that.

21. Jerzyk19 - Invierno Porteno

Another Tango, perhaps we need a Tango themed recital. While still clearly a Tango such a different mood to the previous one. Well done for bringing out the mood.

22. barbaram - Gavotte in G Minor BWV 822

I really enjoyed the feel you have given this piece. I'm not a big Bach fan but your gave this some life, and brought out that it is a dance.

23. PianogrlNW - Milonga Surena

I love your selection of music so much. Your soundcloud account is a favourite. This is a new great addition and you played with it with such touch and control without feeling rigid. Well done.

24. PikaPianist - Albumblatt in E major Op. 59, No. 5

Heartfelt rubato is right. To get the rubato right you need to feel it, which you clearly have done. Another great find.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
25. thepianoplayer416 - Georgia on My Mind

I enjoyed that. Nice feel.

26. Snejana - Sailboats in the Bay

I so know the feelings your expressed Snejana. I suspect you have done better than you think you did. Triplets though, I know exactly what you mean, but yours sound so much better than mine which often end up sounding like some kind of syncopated rhythm.

27. dumka1 - "April" (Snowdrop) from "The Seasons"

When I get the skill I think I'm going to have to learn some of the seasons. Another piece from that collection I really enjoyed. You have played it well with feeling.

28. joangolfing - Prelude Op. 28, No.6

I enjoyed listening to this Chopin piece. Played so well.

29. timmyab - Kinderscenen pieces 1-4

I am also a fan of the Kinderszenen pieces. I critique them harshly but you have done well. I especially like the playing of pleading child, #4.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
11 Claudemir Medeiros

Nice job, Very pleasant sounding piece which is hugelly popular these days.

13 Jason Lenthe

Super work. Precision played, got more fluid as it progressed. But you knew that already I reckon . . .

14 Thomaspiano

Christmes! So soon . . . .better get used to it. This ole Scrooge'd prefer it every 5 years. But your song was delightful. I've this feeling I 'm gonna hear it plenty more soon . . .

15 Greta99

Sounded so natural, nice touch you have for this lovely Chopin-esque music. Loved the atmosphere here on this.

16 Ed Riddler

You never fail to deliver good stuff here that I've invariably never heard of . . . .particularly liked the run down arpeggios in the jazz scale, if there is such a thing . .

17 Chrispy

Sounds like Christmas song, old time chapel feel to it and develops into something else. Great work. Loved its simplicity.

18. ShiroKiro

Think Monica would like this, very much in her genre. And you played it really nicely for her.

19 Sandleholme

People seem to like the Steingrauber best from PTeq. Easy to see why; this is so mood inducing, you'd swear you were in a drawing room with a grand in the middle of it . . .
you also wonder if Lizt wasn't becoming influential in Rachmaninov's stuff . . . .I can't say I liked it, but it was an education. And it souded powerful and well played.

20 ZsolpyW

Well! Loved this. Full of feeling, pfazz. And great depth and strength. Excellent light and shade, what's not to like?

Thx guys! Great work all round!

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
02. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Impromptu in A Flat Minor Op 90 No 4
Shepard, that was a nice treat, especially since I just watched an Andras Schiff master class involving this piece. I have to say, I’m always impressed with your submissions. One question though, I see you were playing on a Steinway D, did you get rid of that beautiful sounding Steingraeber? Or did you record this in some studio that had a Steinway D? Just curious.

It’s never too late to be what you might have been. -George Eliot
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
34 facdo I just have to mention that you gave me a new appreciation of Clementi, this is something I'll have to look into further. Thank you.

I listened to all of the submitted pieces, some of them multiple times. All I can say is: Great music by very skilled players, and I enjoyed listening very much. Thank you all for taking the trouble of submitting. I learn something every time.

[Linked Image]XXXVII-XXXVIII
I pray, that tomorrow I may strive to be a little better than I am today - and, on behalf of everybody else, I give thanks for headphones.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
23. PianogrlNW - Milonga Surena Quite a pice that was mellow and moving and seemed to have it all, dynamics and delicate touch. good recording ,

24. PikaPianist - Albumblatt in E major Op. 59, No. 5 Impressive performance. I feel like I'm next to an ocean, but worth the sight and feel of it ... Very Good! Thanks for the beautiful piece!

25. thepianoplayer416 - Georgia on My Mind Really liked this piece and stylistic playing, played so well.

26. Snejana - Sailboats in the Bay Nice gentltly played piece enjoyable to hear.

27. dumka1 - "April" (Snowdrop) from "The Seasons" Very good recording considering it's live. Very enjoyable performance. I would liked to see the video if one was made.

28. joangolfing - Prelude Op. 28, No.6 Well played dynamics are gentle and effective.

29. timmyab - Kinderscenen pieces 1-4 Very well played, I know I heard this (the first section) before, but not sure where or in what context. But enjoyed the listening and super fine sound.

30. Mosotti - Theme From Love Story Really a moving piece played with such grace or better said, agility,_dexterity. Enjoyed this much. And quite a hurdle to learn so quickly Thanks

31. Ganddalf - Sonata g-minor Hob.XVI no.44 1st movement Nice kinda music box piece seems to be.. Nice playing the quick passages were played exact.

32. Piano_primo_1 - Chopin Prelude Op 28 No. 20 in C minor
do better next time (my own)

33. AssociateX (Liz) - Rachmaninov- Prelude Op. 23 # 5 (G min] Quite a challenging piece , and the acoustic piano souded great , some of the passages were visceral in vid 1:09 thru 1:20 then so on. Really sounds like a Rhapsody , maybe it is ?

[b]34. facdo - Sonatina in F Major - Op.36 No.4
Impressive andexcellent playing , super sound and recoding. And from playing position in the video ... I thought you were Diego Luna! smile

35. Calavera - Main theme Really is a beautiful theme sad and bittersweet ! Very Well Played , recording also .

S
S
Originally Posted by Ted

As with the previous impromptu, I find your Schubert playing gorgeous, not least because you allow the phrasing to breathe and you do not rush anything. There is, of course, Schubert's incomparable lyricism, but there is also, it seems to me, a very dark element in all his music. His power of tragedy often lies in the contrast between the ebullience of the former and the despondency of the latter, and I fail to hear it in many renditions. I have sat through conservatory experts playing this sort of stuff at private parties and I feel I want to give them a good slug of brandy to get them going, but you, if I am not mistaken, understand the underlying implication. These comments come from one who is almost completely untutored, so bear with me.

Thank you, Ted. You're too generous with your praise. I do work hard at not rushing my playing (with varying degrees of success), as my tendency is to want to fill moments of silence. I have to periodically remind myself that silence is a part or music that's every bit as valid and important as those moments filled with notes. Regarding Schubert, I do believe I MAY have some sense of what he attempted to convey in his music. Or at the very least I'd say that his music speaks to me. I myself would say that your description of Schubert's music be equally true of Chopin's--wouldn't you? Thanks again, Ted, for listening and taking the time to write.

Originally Posted by John305
Shepard, that was a nice treat, especially since I just watched an Andras Schiff master class involving this piece. I have to say, I’m always impressed with your submissions. One question though, I see you were playing on a Steinway D, did you get rid of that beautiful sounding Steingraeber? Or did you record this in some studio that had a Steinway D? Just curious.

Thank you for your kind words, John. To answer your questions, no, I haven't gotten rid of my Steingraeber. But several months ago, I got my Steinway D back from a rebuilder. I then proceeded to tweak its voicing and touch a bit myself, and it's getting closer to sounding the way I want it to. As it turned out, after voicing it, I liked the way the Impromptu in A Flat Minor sounded on the Steinway better than on the Steingraeber. So I decided to make my recording on the former.

21 Jerzyk19

Some fine powerful performances from folkl here tonight, This sounds great on that Roland. Love the expression, passion. Everything!

22 Barbaram

Sometimes a teacher-given piece takes the problem out of what to choose, this is very pretty, and played very . . .prettily if I may say so.

23 Pika Pianist

I must acquire this music. Excellent work on this. It flowed so well. Piano was terrific too.

24 PianogrlNW

We're all in the mood to tango. And why not? Tangos played like this will get ole rubber legs up and wobbling nicely . . . Loved the way you play. Loads of light and shade,

25 The pianoplayer416

A great take on this evergreen. Keep 'em coming!

26 Snejana

You could try a metronome to help; slow art first, increasing speed gradually. Or just keep practicing. But it sounded fine generally. I know how difficult the technicalities of playing a pinal can be now I'm geting old and grey haha. But the fun is still there. Don't ever lose that.

27 Dumka 1

I'd be darned happy with this too! I wish. No comment from me needed.

"[Linked Image]"
S
S

Thanks Peyton,Querty53, and MarieJ for the kind comments.

SamS this is one of the first few Scarlatti piece I ever heard, I think it was via The Well-Tempered Synthesizer by Wendy Carlos---definitely not a standard introduction to Scarlatti . I'll keep an eye out for the the recital.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
S
S

This is another great recital. I just want to sit back and listen.

01. earlofmar - Sinfonia No 8 Well done. I listened a few times. Each time I enjoyed it more.

02. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Impromptu in A Flat Minor Op 90 No 4 Lovey touch. Beautiful playing.

03. Gary001 - Trallerliedchen opus 68 no 3 A gem full of innocent beauty.

04. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Prelude in E Minor (Op. 28, No. 4) A lot of torment packed into this. Well played.

05. JJHLH - Mad World There is a nice feel to this. I think you really captured its spirit.

06. Ted Jones - Improvisation - concluding 6 minutes of 60 Impressive as always. Definitely continue posting.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
30. Mosotti - Theme From Love Story

Really enjoyed listening to that.

31. Ganddalf - Sonata g-minor Hob.XVI no.44 1st movement

Sounds complex, but I bet one of those pieces once you can play it like you demonstrated it becomes fun to play.

32. Piano_primo_1 - Chopin Prelude Op 28 No. 20 in C minor

You have made it sound nicely foreboding. I enjoyed the mixing of the strings and piano.

33. AssociateX (Liz) - Rachmaninov- Prelude Op. 23 # 5 (G min)

Super impressive. So many big jumps, I have no idea how you make them all.

34. facdo - Sonatina in F Major - Op.36 No.4

I could almost get to like Clementi if I heard more of it played like this. It sounds like your fingers are dancing on the keyboard.

35. Calavera - Main theme

If your playing of this is anything like it is played in the title screen, I can understand why you lingered. I love the wistfulness of it, and then the dramatic changes.

28 joangolfing

This sounds quite tricky, but you handle it well on that nice piano you have.

29 Timmyab

Love this piece. It's about my comfortable level. Anything tuneful will do me, but this is particularly nice. As is the one which follows, a bit trickier but lovely nontheless. Oh! There's more. Four, in fact. Lovely dynamics on them all. I done 'em all. Not so well as yourself., hahha! Very well played, Your piano sounded like my DGX did. Yamaha's best. Lovely!

30 Mosetti

My! This is so old! I was young when i played this. It was good then, and in your capable hands, is great now. You do a super job here.

More to follow. You lot are getting too good . . . .

"[Linked Image]"
G
Gary001
Unregistered
Gary001
Unregistered
G
Originally Posted by peterws

Schumm's one o' my favourites. and this was lovely. Pianoteq sounded great; spill the beans. That was pro demo quality.

I played using the Binaural setting but switched over to the Steinway D Classical Recording AB preset set to "Sound Recording" before exporting with high quality ticked. No other changes made. I tried several other presets, but found that one to be the most pleasing.

5 JJHLH

A most relaxing tune I recognise well. There are some nice bits in there. You've time to really get to grips with this, and its complexities (you'll know what I mean) now you got the main stuff down. Excellent progress!

Enjoyed listening to this one, I think I'll have to add it to my list of pieces to learn one day smile

I've not had time to listen to more than a handful of pieces yet, but what I have heard has been great, looking forward to listening to the remainder. I'll get some comments added after that.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
36. MarieJ - Uno Certainly evokes a somber mood. The piano sounded excellent as was the playing , Short... and somber.

37. Lazarus - Morning Prayer (Op 31, No 1) I love this piece , you played it well. I did quite a while ago but used strings as a backdrop,- accompaniment.

38. Hyena - K545 Second Movement Nice point to make "There's a feeling about thinking back to a past event, that you now think one last time about to close. " sure does give akin to that mindset, maybe why it's a longer piece.....Played super. Good recording.

39. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Keyboard Sonata in D minor, K. 213 (L. 108) Quite a piece , reminds of a sacred chant at least in the beginning of the piece. or so..... excellent recording and dynamics.

40. Suni - Les plaintes d'une poupee ( Doll's complaint) Nicely done , enjoyed the listen ....maybe stick with the piece until it becomes very automatic to play.

41. Purrblast - Little Prelude in D minor (BWV935) Wow, nice flow, even tempo , cool video and piano too .

42. QuasiUnaFantasia - Prelude no. 2 interesting piece, nicely played .....good recording too! Sorta does remind me of Porgy and Bess.... Quite an endurance you must have to play this piece because of it's length.

43. lvojnovic - Variations on a theme of Paganini Nice exact touch ... enjoyed the listen ......

44. Qwerty53 - Little Song It is tenderly played... good recording....hint of sadness at the end.

45. stumbler / Dave - Scarlatti Sonata in EMaj K531 Excellent playing and piano sound ...

46. EdmondRhapsody - Waltz in A minor Well that was excellently played... enjoyed the listen

47. Pathbreaker - Sonata Op 7, 3rd mov Quite professional , , playing and dynamics. ... I'd need to study classical music more to make a deserving comment .. Impressive! Almost a concert in itself!

48. Sam S - Piano Sonata opus 26, 3rd movement NIce acoustic sound ,, enjoyed the listen. A wow to the dynamics played , had to be difficult to record the gains without distortion. Credit for such a long piece too.

Anyway,... thanks to anyone who commented on my piece, " Chopin Prelude Op 28 No. 20 in C minor". Although a "chord prelude" it's known as a funeral march, I thought of it as Barry Manilow's prelude to " Could it be magic" .....haha.

Some of the pieces played here were quite challengingl in terms of length and skill [at least for me they would certainly be]. So, Kudos to you who played them ...

I'm trying again to learn Claire DeLune, but it may be quite some time..... til next time....

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission