2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (36251, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 8 invisible), 1,424 guests, and 311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by Sam S

06. Ted Jones - Improvisation - concluding 6 minutes of 60 Keep them coming Ted! You are one of a kind, and I love hearing from you in the recitals - it's like therapy!
Sam

I fear you are too kind, Sam, but thanks anyway. Being one of a kind is at once a blessing and a curse, an asset and a liability, but there is little I can do about it as I cannot be other than myself.

Last edited by Ted; 11/15/19 09:47 PM.

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
I’m thoroughly enjoying working my way through this terrific Recital (from back to front this time). Thank you for making it happen, Sam! thumb

48. Sam S - Piano Sonata opus 26, 3rd movement Majestic! You certainly succeeded with your new recording method, I felt as if I were standing right beside your venerable Bechstein. ‘Ruffles’, ‘flourishes’ and congratulations!

47. Pathbreaker - Sonata Op 7, 3rd mov Absolutely delightful: I was fascinated by the contrasting moods in Sonatas #7 and #26.

46. EdmondRhapsody - Waltz in A minor This is probably my favourite Chopin waltz too, and your rendition was lovely. I’m glad you made it in time for this Recital!

45. stumbler / Dave - Scarlatti Sonata in EMaj K531 A challenging piece, but you certainly achieved a scintillating result. I really enjoyed it!

44. Qwerty53 - Little Song A tender composition indeed, it feels as if it were written at least one hundred years earlier. Nicely played!

43. lvojnovic - Variations on a theme of Paganini Great dynamics and a confident performance. Well done!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
01. earlofmar - Sinfonia No 8
Oh boy, talk about hand independence! It may not intimidate you, but it would terrify me. Well done!

03. Gary001 - Trallerliedchen opus 68 no 3
Well done, Gary. You play very cleanly and precisely. Very listenable.

04. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Prelude in E Minor (Op. 28, No. 4)
Beautifully played, Dan. I love this piece more than words can say.

05. JJHLH - Mad World
Nicely done. Very smooth ending.

08. Peyton - Metamorphosis 4
Wow, Phillip Glass at his Glassiest! Well done, I enjoyed every minute of it!

10. KevinM - Songs Without Words - Lieder ohne Worte 19.2
Beautifully played, Kevin. It all sounds wonderful to me, really wonderful.

Ed

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

05. JJHLH - Mad World Great job with this piece. You've really made a ton a progress in 8 months and it really shows.

08. Peyton - Metamorphosis 4 Wow! Really cool piece and cool video played with real gusto.

12. peterws - Jus' Wonderin' Really wonderful! It's such a treat to listen to. It so great that you can put your ideas to music so well. I've been dabling a bit with composing my own pieces and I'm impressed how you're able to really keep it interesting through key changes, changes in style, texture, etc. I really like it when you go to that blues scale as well. Really good stuff.

27. dumka1 - "April" (Snowdrop) from "The Seasons" Stupendous performance!

30. Mosotti - Theme From Love Story Very well played! And I know I recognize that tune even though I've never seen the movie.

40. Suni - Les plaintes d'une poupee ( Doll's complaint) This has a really nice singing melody and nice use of subtle dynamics. Great job!

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
42. QuasiUnaFantasia - Prelude no. 2 Ah, some Gershwin! As a ‘work in progress’, it clearly shows just how close you are to reaching your goal. Loved it.

41. Purrblast - Little Prelude in D minor (BWV935) Very sweetly played - and most enjoyable to listen to. Thank you!

40. Suni - Les plaintes d'une poupee ( Doll's complaint) I sincerely sympathise - I tend to breathe a sigh of relief as I reach the last bars and that’s where an otherwise acceptable recording suddenly falls in a heap. Congratulations on your first recording, and on your terrific progress.

39. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Keyboard Sonata in D minor, K. 213 (L. 108) More wonderful Scarlatti. Well recorded and nicely played, with very impressive trills.

38. Hyena - K545 Second Movement I very much liked the pace of your performance - it gave it a rather pensive feel. Lovely.

37. Lazarus - Morning Prayer (Op 31, No 1) That’s a piece that you will grow into. It’s great that you enjoyed learning it, and it will continue to give you pleasure as you revisit it in coming months. Very well done - congratulations!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Just realised about my YT video. Apologies for messing up the submission site. I had no idea. Sounds like I still don't; permission for a belated shrug . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by peterws
Just realised about my YT video. Apologies for messing up the submission site. I had no idea. Sounds like I still don't; permission for a belated shrug . . .

No problem Peter - I saw the video was embedded when I posted the recital, and wondered how you managed to do that. I thought about changing it, but figured I would just screw it up. I thought you were being clever!

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

But peterws, what did you do? Did you just use the usual "video" and "video:youtube" tags in the description field?

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

But peterws, what did you do? Did you just use the usual "video" and "video:youtube" tags in the description field?

The recital software generates html, which I use to make the posts - not ubbcode. So Peter cleverly (or by accident!) did this:

Code
http://<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bpqtipzs5Is" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't think this will work in a normal post, because html is disabled.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I think Peter accidentally clicked the 'copy embed code' instead of the 'copy url' on his video. Easy mistake to make if your hand isn't too steady at the time wink

[Linked Image]XXXVII-XXXVIII
I pray, that tomorrow I may strive to be a little better than I am today - and, on behalf of everybody else, I give thanks for headphones.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

Frankly, I thought it was pretty cool myself. I saw it done before years ago from someone playing a Debussy "The Sunken CathedraL" for one of the e-citals.
I thought so then too, the difference now is I don't have to go to a library at night ( which I remember as being enchanting when listening to that piece) to play all the e-cital pieces because Verizon now has high speed internet in my area. It didn't then, just dial up for home users of internet. The point? .. well some things got better....lol

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Another great recital!

23. PianogrlNW - Milonga Surena Just the right amount of delicious sadness!

24. PikaPianist - Albumblatt in E major Op. 59, No. 5 Perfection!

26. Snejana - Sailboats in the Bay Sounded great! Very convincing. Without seeing the score I can't tell that you were having trouble with triplets. Don't tell us next time!

27. dumka1 - "April" (Snowdrop) from "The Seasons" I remember this - I think it does sound better this time - very smooth and lively. Nice singing melody!

28. joangolfing - Prelude Op. 28, No.6 One of my favorites - I always gave up on it before I learned it well enough to play for people. Very nice! Loved the ending...

29. timmyab - Kinderscenen pieces 1-4 A mini-recital within the recital. Well done!

31. Ganddalf - Sonata g-minor Hob.XVI no.44 1st movement That's much better than I can do with Haydn! I also have a weak 4th finger. I try to avoid pieces that show how bad it is!

32. Piano_primo_1 - Chopin Prelude Op 28 No. 20 in C minor Sounded really good! Fine job voicing the chords - only the occasional chord where all the notes did not sound at the same time. Of course, the string section? No comment!

33. AssociateX (Liz) - Rachmaninov- Prelude Op. 23 # 5 (G min) Impressive! Very dramatic - I don't mind the occasional missed note...

34. facdo - Sonatina in F Major - Op.36 No.4 Very clean playing - crisp and totally in the style. Loved it! So nice to hear Clementi played well.

37. Lazarus - Morning Prayer (Op 31, No 1) Very nicely done - loved the dynamics and the ending!

38. Hyena - K545 Second Movement Nice touch and articulation - you made it sound like Mozart! Well done!

39. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Keyboard Sonata in D minor, K. 213 (L. 108) I'm glad you learned it and shared it with us, Excellent! We're having a Scarlatti recital next year - go look in the Themed Recital subforum.

40. Suni - Les plaintes d'une poupee ( Doll's complaint) It does get easier, but it takes a very long time - ask me how I know. I loved this! Nice transitions and great dynamics!

41. Purrblast - Little Prelude in D minor (BWV935) Excellent for a last minute effort - very smooth hands!

42. QuasiUnaFantasia - Prelude no. 2 I tried playing this once - not easy. Very well done!

43. lvojnovic - Variations on a theme of Paganini I didn't know there was a transcription of this for piano - but I shouldn't be surprised. Sounds tough. Nicely done!

45. stumbler / Dave - Scarlatti Sonata in EMaj K531 Well done! I don't remember hearing this one, but there are so many. We're having a Scarlatti recital next year - go look in the Themed Recital subforum.

46. EdmondRhapsody - Waltz in A minor My wife came running into the room when she heard this - she is learning it too. Well done!

47. Pathbreaker - Sonata Op 7, 3rd mov Sounds great! Should be wonderful in the Beethoven 250th recital!

Thanks for all the great listening!

Sam

ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sam S

39. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Keyboard Sonata in D minor, K. 213 (L. 108) I'm glad you learned it and shared it with us, Excellent! We're having a Scarlatti recital next year - go look in the Themed Recital subforum.

Thanks Sam, I most certainly will! Especially since another sonata is in the works... :-)

Mateusz Papiernik
https://maticomp.net
"One man can make a difference" - Wilton Knight
Kawai CN21 (digital), Henryk Yamayuri Kawai NX-40 (grand)

Silver Supporter until Sept 10 2020
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Some wonderful Saturday morning listening!

12. peterws - Jus' Wonderin' Very pleasing to hear; who needs just one story, when it contains so many?! Nice changes of mood.

13. Jason Lenthe - The Entertainer Really enjoyed your performance. Joplin always makes me smile.

14. ThomasPiano - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town You convey the cheerful bounce of this piece. Happy holidays to all!

15. Greta99 - Feuille d'Automne Beautiful! Rebikov is new to me; another composer to explore.

16. Riddler (Ed) - A Time for Love Love the harmonies in the opening bars! Beautiful; thanks for sharing your playing.

17. Chrispy - The Watchmen Opus 12 Nr. 3 Love that Grieg! Well played!

18. ShiroKuro - Monday (for Monica) Your playing on your new piano sounds beautiful; thanks for sharing the music, and the story behind your choice.

19. Sandalholme - La lugubre gondole II Beautiful piece, and not one I had heard before.

22. barbaram - Gavotte in G Minor BWV 822 A charming dance, and well played!

I listened to things out of order so I wouldn’t get jet lag going back and forth between Europe and Latin America...

20. zsolpyW - Por Una Cabeza The more music by Gardel I hear, the more I want to hear. Your performance was wonderful, heartfelt, and the piano sounds great.

21. Jerzyk19 - Invierno Porteno Isn’t this a wonderful piece of music?! You played it well: bravo!

23. PianogrlNW - Milonga Surena You play this with real feeling, and your piano sounds beautiful. Thanks for bringing in more new delicious tango-based music. It is addictive… encore! encore!

Estonia 168 (she sings!), Kawaii Es-110 for late-night practice.
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
So much variety, I am really enjoying listening to this recital.

06. Ted Jones - Improvisation - concluding 6 minutes of 60

That was fantastic. I wish I could improvise like that, and play so well at the same time. Improvisation like that is like composing but without writing it down.

07. JoBert - Abschied (from Waldszenen, Opus 82)

Another of my favourites from Schumann. This is a lovely interpretation and you have captured the dynamics well.

08. Peyton - Metamorphosis 4

Well played.

09. ralph L. - wish upon a star

A simple piece, you have played it beautifully with lovely musicality.

11. Claudemir Medeiros - River Flows in You

A really nice relaxing feel. Well played.

12. peterws - Jus' Wonderin'

No cheering wildly here to the knowledge that you have no more in the pipeline. Fantastic stuff Peter and well played as well.

13. Jason Lenthe - The Entertainer

Well done Jason. I got sick of hearing The Entertainer after hearing it too often. But your playing is so good and I really enjoyed your interpretation. Fun to listen to the great rhythm. Perhaps your not so disciplined practise is a better approach for such a piece.

14. ThomasPiano - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

A great followup to the entertainer. Another piece with a great upbeat rhythm.

15. Greta99 - Feuille d'Automne

I've never heard of Rebikov. A lovely piece beautifully played. A new composer to explore so thanks for the introduction.
a

T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by KevinM

06. Ted Jones - Improvisation - concluding 6 minutes of 60
That was fantastic. I wish I could improvise like that, and play so well at the same time. Improvisation like that is like composing but without writing it down.

Thanks for listening Kevin, pleased you like it. I can thank my Virgil Practice Clavier for the physical aspect. I know those devices run dead against the current philosophy of piano playing but without mine I am very sure I would not be playing the way I do at seventy-two. I am not helpless at classical and jazz, and still play them most days, but they have ceased to move me for a couple of decades now. Had I been really good at them I might not have acquired the habit of free improvisation, and I am not sure the gain would have outweighed the loss.

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Great job, everyone! What an amazing wealth of talent and musicality can be found on the adult beginners forum! The word “beginners” here makes me think of the Zen concept of “beginner’s mind,” a state of openness and focus, curiousity and eagerness: perhaps each of us, no matter how long we've played piano, is a beginner when starting a new piece. Lucky us.

01. earlofmar - Sinfonia No 8 Bach is always welcome!

02. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Impromptu in A Flat Minor Op 90 No 4 This was wonderful to listen to; beautifully played.

03. Gary001 - Trallerliedchen opus 68 no 3 Good job, very impressive for such a quick learn or relearn.

04. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Prelude in E Minor (Op. 28, No. 4) Such a sad piece and so beautiful; you played it well.

05. JJHLH - Mad World You have been playing for less than a year? Wow! I like your choice of music; nice to hear something new. Whose painting (Times Square?) is the image in your video? Suits the music well.

06. Ted Jones - Improvisation - concluding 6 minutes of 60 This is my favorite so far of your improvisations I have heard. Thanks for continuing the share the beautiful sounds of your piano.

07. JoBert - Abschied (from Waldszenen, Opus 82) I love the peace and calm of the images you evoke with your beautiful performance.

08. Peyton - Metamorphosis 4 I can hear how you are inspired by this piece; your performance really drew me in.

09. ralph L. - wish upon a star Lovely, delicate melody. Well done.

10. KevinM - Songs Without Words - Lieder ohne Worte 19.2 A beautiful piece, very nicely played. I know that frustration of trying to do justice with your hands to a piece you love; hope you can return to it someday.

11. Claudemir Medeiros - River Flows in You Calm and peaceful, that’s how your recital contribution feels, with an added touch of whimsy from your mascot on the piano.

Applause to all!

Estonia 168 (she sings!), Kawaii Es-110 for late-night practice.
Gracious, you lot are quick off the mark . . . here goes! My most (un)educated comments to date. Straight from the turmoil that comprises the insides of my head.

1 Earlofmar

A good stab at this. Lovely tune. I done a couple of Bach lately, and wonder if it's worth it sometimes; it's so hard to keep them on board. But I enjoy playing them, as you clearly do. Splendid job, and a great opener.

2 Sma55

Very involved, sounds so lyrical, one of those enigmatic pieces and super acoustics; one has one's own idea of perfection. This came pretty close to me.

3 Gary001

Schumm's one o' my favourites. and this was lovely. Pianoteq sounded great; spill the beans. That was pro demo quality.

4 Bsharp cyclist

Nice sounding on your acoustic; a very gloomy piece handled quite lightly if you don't mind me saying. It makes itb digestible to one such as me, which takes some doing . . .well done!

5 JJHLH

A most relaxing tune I recognise well. There are some nice bits in there. You've time to really get to grips with this, and its complexities (you'll know what I mean) now you got the main stuff down. Excellent progress!

6 Ted Jones

What fun you have! Such nice embellishments, and fluidity not to mention joy, would indicate in all probability you beat us at Rugby lately . . . Joking apart, there's great phrases in there; High energy stuff, man! The grand finale, or more to come?

7 Jobert

Must be one of the best sounding digital I've heard playing one o' my fave composers. Beautifully. It sings! Always good to hear you here.

8 Peyton

Hammers along clearing everything out of its way. A rough railway trip. Hope you (and piano) recover from this. It sounded hard and intense.

9 Ralph L

Lovely sound for this piece. You gave it a good reflective atmosphere. Nicely done.

10 KevinM

No tech feedback here, man! It was lovely. A credit to you and piano. Good team!
Gotta go, guys. I'll be back . . .

"[Linked Image]"
Originally Posted by Jytte
I think Peter accidentally clicked the 'copy embed code' instead of the 'copy url' on his video. Easy mistake to make if your hand isn't too steady at the time wink

Yes. Very guilty m'lud. (hangdog expression) but I never thought it'd do THAT!

"[Linked Image]"
J
J

Originally Posted by Qwerty53

[b]05. JJHLH - Whose painting (Times Square?) is the image in your video? Suits the music well.

Thank you. That’s a finger-painting I made on my iPad using the Brushes Redux app. One of my many hobbies haha!

Yamaha N1X, P-515.
Genelec 8331 monitors and 7350 sub.
VI’s: Garritan CFX, VSL Bösendorfer Upright, and VSL Blüthner 1895. Pianoteq.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission