2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
26 members (Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, JohnCW, Kawai James, Fried Chicken, 8 invisible), 1,255 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
L
Not sure how far this is from you and how these folks are but it looks like they have a good selection.

https://store.frankandcamilles.com/verticalpianos/

Showroom at

214 GLEN COVE ROAD
CARLE PLACE, NY 11514

I played that Baldwin B-52 and liked it a lot.

How about Cunningham piano's in Philly?

Last edited by Learux; 11/08/19 07:37 PM.

When you play, never mind who listens to you. R.Schumann.

Casio GP-400

2006 August Förster 215
L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
It's not in that dealer Bruce.Unless it is the same one ? The dealer is Tom Lee .

W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by Lady Bird
It's not in that dealer Bruce.Unless it is the same one ? The dealer is Tom Lee .

Lady Bird, we don't have a Tom Lee in Toronto.

The local Schimmel dealer is Robert Lowrey and a few months ago, they did not have a Schimmel upright in the showroom, so definitely call first!

Lots of Schimmel grands though.

Last edited by WeakLeftHand; 11/08/19 07:41 PM.

Kawai K500
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by WeakLeftHand

Lady Bird, we don't have a Tom Lee in Toronto.

The local Schimmel dealer is Robert Lowrey and a few months ago, they did not have a Schimmel upright in the showroom, so definitely call first!

Lots of Schimmel grands though.

The two Toronto area piano stores associated with Tom Lee (according to their website) in Markham and Mississauga are Steinway Galleries, selling Steinway, Boston and Essex only, as far as I can gather.

So Robert Lowrey is the Toronto dealer for Schimmel. One website lists the C120 MSRP at $26,00.00 US. SMP on PianoBuyer.com, is $22,600 US. I have no idea what Lowrey would sell the piano for. The C120 is listed as out of stock in the western Canada Tom Lee locations except for "low stock" in North Vancouver.

Regards

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by BruceD

The two Toronto area piano stores associated with Tom Lee (according to their website) in Markham and Mississauga are Steinway Galleries, selling Steinway, Boston and Essex only, as far as I can gather.

Regards

That is correct. They are associated/related but the Steinway Gallery is not authorized to sell Schimmels in the Toronto area.

Kawai K500
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
The Schimmel C120 in the ridiculously gorgeous Royal Intarsie finish dealer sticker price is $21,000 here... so with negotiation it should go even lower.

That's the most expensive finish. If you go with a more 'sane' finish, it should be thousands of dollars cheaper off the bat and easily within your budget.

L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
Well, Larry you will have to fly to Vancouver for a holiday and a piano ?
As Bruce said you need to try it ! It probably will not be there for long !

L
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by navindra
The Schimmel C120 in the ridiculously gorgeous Royal Intarsie finish dealer sticker price is $21,000 here... so with negotiation it should go even lower.

That's the most expensive finish. If you go with a more 'sane' finish, it should be (many) thousands of dollars cheaper off the bat and easily within your budget.

That piano has an smp of $29k. So about 25% off.

With that being said you can get a k122 for 22.5. With a little negotiating you might be at 20K.

Off course then there is sale tax and delivery.

Oh the possibilities.

Casio GP-400

2006 August Förster 215
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by Learux

That's the most expensive finish. If you go with a more 'sane' finish, it should be (many) thousands of dollars cheaper off the bat and easily within your budget.

That piano has an smp of $29k. So about 25% off.

I'm not really following. The dealer street price was $21,000 for the C120 in the most expensive finish possible, before negotiation.

In practice, I haven't found SMP to be good for anything when the dealer *street price* is already marked significantly lower than the supposed SMP. SMP just seems too be another form of MSRP, so why is that useful?

L
LarryK Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
L

That's the most expensive finish. If you go with a more 'sane' finish, it should be thousands of dollars cheaper off the bat and easily within your budget.

Intarsia is wood inlaying, so, I think the high price is based on the number of man hours it takes to inlay those flowers. My wife might go for that piano, nice suggestion. smile

I have a wood in laying story from when I used to build furniture for myself in a professional cabinet maker’s shop. One of the guys building furniture was very talented, he had attended the North Bennet Street School in Boston. One day, the guy was routing the edge of a massive mahogany headboard and his router got away from him and he carved a curved line through the middle of it. He didn’t swear or throw things, he just shut off the router and leaned back against his bench to consider what he had done.

After a few minutes, he started grabbing chisels out of his tool box, and blocks of ebony, and set to work on inlaying a flower in the middle of the headboard. When he was done, you would have thought he has designed the headboard with that element. He couldn’t start over, he would have lost his shirt. I learned a lot about recovering from mistakes when I worked there.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

I was just thinking of Cunningham Piano for Larry. It's not that far away from him, he might save on the state tax, and you would likely get a great deal from Rich. Even without a car, you should easily be able to make it to Philly and back in a day, leaving more than enough time to try out all the pianos.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
L
LarryK Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

I was just thinking of Cunningham Piano for Larry. It's not that far away from him, he might save on the state tax, and you would likely get a great deal from Rich. Even without a car, you should easily be able to make it to Philly and back in a day, leaving more than enough time to try out all the pianos.

I'm not against trying to save money but the main problem is that I want to be able to have my teacher try out the piano before I buy it, so that rules out going to Philly. The place on Long Island is kind of far, so I think that leaves all of the dealers in Manhattan, and private sales.

L
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
L
When you are spending $20k on a piano, you really should travel out of your comfort zone to at least have a look.

Are you going to play that piano or your teacher?

Casio GP-400

2006 August Förster 215
L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
The details are C120 EM
The EM stands for Elegance Manhattan? It sounds like it is made
for you ? The ticket price is $34,199 . Dealers are smart ! They raise the
price then give you a discount ! I cannot remember if the finish was polished
ebony or mahogany.It was a darker colour. Nice looking piano.It seemed to me
a bit shorter than my 48" Kawai ? Anyway it sounds as if it is really to far away.
Vancouver is becoming swamped with Petrofs ???

Last edited by Lady Bird; 11/08/19 09:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
L
LarryK Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
L
When you are spending $20k on a piano, you really should travel out of your comfort zone to at least have a look.

Are you going to play that piano or your teacher?

I will but it's nice to get the opinion of a professional.

I like your quote by Schumann! I feel self-conscious for about five minutes when I start playing and then I relax, and don't care who is listening to me. One of my neighbors across the hall had some unexpected kind words for me regarding my playing, and that was nice. My neighborhood has a large population of musicians because it has always had more reasonable rents than most other neighborhoods in Manhattan, so I think it's not a big deal to play the piano. At one point, a guy gave lessons out of his first floor apartment but he moved away.

L
LarryK Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
L
The details are C120 EM
The EM stands for Elegance Manhattan? It sounds like it is made
for you ? The ticket price is $34,199 . Dealers are smart ! They raise the
price then give you a discount ! I cannot remember if the finish was polished
ebony or mahogany.It was a darker colour. Nice looking piano.It seemed to me
a bit shorter than my 48" Kawai ? Anyway it sounds as if it is really to far away.
Vancouver is becoming swamped with Petrofs ???

That's a beautiful looking piano! Of course, it's hard to figure out exactly what price you would have to pay to buy the thing, LOL.

Here is a nice video on how Schimmel pianos are made. It deals with grand pianos but I found it interesting, nonetheless. A lot of handwork goes into building a piano.

L
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
L
Thank you, I just don't want you to cut yourself short by restrictions.

You owe it to yourself to get the best piano you can get, that involves inconveniences but will pay off tremendously in the long run.

Casio GP-400

2006 August Förster 215
L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
Larry,
All I can say is they need that space so they may give you
that piano for a lower price sooner.,The store is small . We waited
for months and it was only when they became became authorized
dealersfor Sauter that they brought the price down.
The Schimmel piano is fairly "new" from the warehouse.When it first arrived
it was out of tune.Now very much in tune and really nice.
That's enough from me for now.
Vacouver far away, you could go online and negotiate.It would not
be compulsory to buy !
However you do need to get out of your immediate environment
to try pianos, pianos and more pianos !

Last edited by Lady Bird; 11/08/19 10:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by LarryK
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

I'm not against trying to save money but the main problem is that I want to be able to have my teacher try out the piano before I buy it, so that rules out going to Philly. The place on Long Island is kind of far, so I think that leaves all of the dealers in Manhattan, and private sales.

You've mentioned this being your "lifetime piano." Well, with that mindset, and a budget of $20K, it would be a shame if you limited yourself. You might consider compensating your teacher for her time and bringer her with you on a longer piano shopping trip.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
It's raining Petrof pianos!!!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission