2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (bcalvanese, 20/20 Vision, booms, Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 11 invisible), 1,921 guests, and 266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 55 of 108 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 107 108
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Online Sick
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Ha ok.

“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts - such is the duty of the artist.”
- Robert Schumann

M
M
I finished the SR&H book last week! smile I am just waiting on the development team to release a feature that makes adding the book to your library not get a timeout error. Not fixing this would cause a lot of confusion which I am trying to avoid. smile The book is MASSIVE! 2250 files (& more to come with all the technical exercises from Part 3 of the book). Our development team released a fix I have tested and we are just waiting on releasing that to the production site. Once that is done, I will do a HUGE (and much-awaited and long-anticipated) release of the book and post it all over the world! smile

Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by millsj1134
I finished the SR&H book last week! smile I am just waiting on the development team to release a feature that makes adding the book to your library not get a timeout error. Not fixing this would cause a lot of confusion which I am trying to avoid. smile The book is MASSIVE! 2250 files (& more to come with all the technical exercises from Part 3 of the book). Our development team released a fix I have tested and we are just waiting on releasing that to the production site. Once that is done, I will do a HUGE (and much-awaited and long-anticipated) release of the book and post it all over the world! smile

@Josh, I think the concern is whether the current levels that they have already done will be preserved when the 150 new ones are uploaded. We all know how hard you work to expand the library. wink

aostensv
Josh, if you read this, what's the plan regarding the collection of 48 exercises per level, versus the new complete collection of 150 exercises. Will the former be removed?

Serge88
I hope not I ' m using the 48 exercises, I'm on book 3-4.

Piano Marvel level 4E and everything I like smile
M
M
Originally Posted by Sarah65
Originally Posted by millsj1134

@Josh, I think the concern is whether the current levels that they have already done will be preserved when the 150 new ones are uploaded. We all know how hard you work to expand the library. wink

aostensv
Josh, if you read this, what's the plan regarding the collection of 48 exercises per level, versus the new complete collection of 150 exercises. Will the former be removed?

Serge88
I hope not I ' m using the 48 exercises, I'm on book 3-4.

I do not plan on hiding the pieces, rather I would like to stop promoting them as much and replace them with the new Full SR&H and the SR&H Exams.

Last edited by millsj1134; 10/18/19 02:44 PM.
A
A
Ok thanks. Sounds like I'll have to start over again with the new collection, but I guess it's all good practice anyway :-)

Schimmel C120 (2019) with silent system, Kawai ES8
A
A
It looks like most of the SR&H lessons start at level 4 and up, do the new ones include lower levels?

Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Ladies and Gentlemen, it is our pleasure to tell you that we have officially released BachScholar's full "Sight-Reading and Harmony" on Piano Marvel! 😁😁

Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Online Sick
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Ladies and Gentlemen, it is our pleasure to tell you that we have officially released BachScholar's full "Sight-Reading and Harmony" on Piano Marvel! 😁😁

10 grades, 150 exercises per grade. 1500 exercises. I do one exercise a day. 4 1/2 years to do the whole series ? eekNo way, I'll keep doing the old series, it's only 48 exercises for each of the 5 books. wink

“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts - such is the duty of the artist.”
- Robert Schumann

C
C
Originally Posted by Serge88

10 grades, 150 exercises per grade. 1500 exercises. I do one exercise a day. 4 1/2 years to do the whole series ? eekNo way, I'll keep doing the old series, it's only 48 exercises for each of the 5 books. wink

I don't think the idea is to approach the Bach Chorales in "Sight Read and Harmony" like you would a method book or course (with a hard-and-fast timeline). Dr. Hall has a video where he mentions that the chorales in his book are basically a lifetime of music and reading material.

[Linked Image]
I just call it 'more years than I have left'. smile

J
J
Hi, just saying hello to everybody who plays piano and as me uses PM on their journey with piano daily practice.I am recently on level 5C (both method and technique) and persistently moving forward.
I hope I will learn a bit from your experience to move further with my piano skills. Nice to be here, though it is one and half year since I started with PM.

pianopracticechallenge.com
Piano Marvel discount code: jw (practice every day - result will come fast smile )
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Jaro
Hi, just saying hello to everybody who plays piano and as me uses PM on their journey with piano daily practice.I am recently on level 5C (both method and technique) and persistently moving forward.
I hope I will learn a bit from your experience to move further with my piano skills. Nice to be here, though it is one and half year since I started with PM.

Hello and welcome. Do you only play method and technique or do you also learn pieces from the library?

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

Welcome to PW, Jaro. Great progress! 👍

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
That's great progress. I'm not convinced I will ever get to level 5. It's a fantastic tool, isn't it?

This was a pretty good week for me. I'm at the end of level 3 and it can take days or even a week to get through an exercise. I try not to even think about it. Mainly I'm trying to learn to play without wrist pain. I can do it but I have to divide my attention in a manner that really slows me down. But somehow, and I don't have an explanation for this, I'm starting to be able to catch up with the software after I make a mistake. This is something that always frustrated both my piano and guitar teachers. Once I made a mistake I could never catch up again. Eventually I would learn to play a song from beginning to end but I knew that would never cut it if I wanted to play with friends. Hey, it might sound trivial to others but it's a giant leap for me.

Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by TomInCinci
That's great progress. I'm not convinced I will ever get to level 5. It's a fantastic tool, isn't it?

This was a pretty good week for me. I'm at the end of level 3 and it can take days or even a week to get through an exercise.

I have been stuck at "Scarborough fair" for months so it can always be worse. I am someone who has to do the slicing, the chopped and the whole song in one day, otherwise I will forget everything the next day. And from level 4 the songs get longer ... big problem for me.

J
J
Hi, thanks for warm welcome.
To TomInCinci - it is possible to get there, just patience and daily practice. Those too will lead you there. I started knowing nothing about piano, notes etc. I was able to listen to the music only. And I am there. Still a lot of work in front of me, but I can promise you, based on my experience it is SO WORTH IT.
I am sometimes stuck too with some pieces, I don't know why but again, practice, practice, practice and finally we can get it. I mostly follow the program, I learned few pieces from library but PM program takes most of my time, I journal all I do by the way and do some more and since you all already here use PM there is no harm to lead you there through my FB pageFB page.
I decided to finish all levels and then start to really focus on music and pieces I'd like to play with good background to play them. That is my plan anyway. But occasionally yes I check what is there in library, and have like 80 in my favourite folder to learn one day, one by one of course which will take ages maybe.
Once again thank you for warm welcome, and I am happy that I found you here. Will be easier to sort some things out if necessary.

pianopracticechallenge.com
Piano Marvel discount code: jw (practice every day - result will come fast smile )
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
I journal all I do by the way and do some more and since you all already here use PM there is no harm to lead you there through my FB page
I decided to finish all levels and then start to really focus on music and pieces I'd like to play with good background to play them. That is my plan anyway. But occasionally yes I check what is there in library, and have like 80 in my favourite folder to learn one day, one by one of course which will take ages maybe.
Once again thank you for warm welcome, and I am happy that I found you here. Will be easier to sort some things out if necessary.

Maybe you already know, there is also a facebook page for PM users https://www.facebook.com/groups/PianoMarvelUsers/
I know the phenomenon of library pieces in your favorites to learn one day some day... as TomInCinci said "I just call it 'more years than I have left'." smile

Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
[quote=TomInCinci]That's great progress. I'm not convinced I will ever get to level 5. It's a fantastic tool, isn't it?

I have been stuck at "Scarborough fair" for months so it can always be worse. I am someone who has to do the slicing, the chopped and the whole song in one day, otherwise I will forget everything the next day. And from level 4 the songs get longer ... big problem for me.

I sacrificed two whole days and finally achieved my 100% on the slow version and 99% on the fast one. "Scarborough fair" done !!!

I have 3 more exercises in 3E and then we'll see if level 4 is doable for me.

I found a level 5 song in the library that I like. I'm working on it but I may or may not have enough years left to get through it. I'm feeling a little lost on some of the fingerings but I'm not sure how safe it would be to post a question with a partial screen shot, copyright and all. I think that some of the missing fingerings may be an attempt to make me think for myself, or to make an association that I temporarily skipped or maybe forgot. It's cool to use your nose on a difficult key, right? smile

Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by TomInCinci
I have 3 more exercises in 3E and then we'll see if level 4 is doable for me.

I found a level 5 song in the library that I like. I'm working on it but I may or may not have enough years left to get through it. I'm feeling a little lost on some of the fingerings but I'm not sure how safe it would be to post a question with a partial screen shot, copyright and all. I think that some of the missing fingerings may be an attempt to make me think for myself, or to make an association that I temporarily skipped or maybe forgot. It's cool to use your nose on a difficult key, right? smile

Maybe post in the facebook group? If there are copyright issues, Josh Mills will tell you.
What song are you talking about? I also want to take a break from method and learn something new.
It is even cooler to use your left foot for a difficult key ... otherwise that foot is useless when you play piano, right?

Page 55 of 108 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 107 108

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission