2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (36251, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, 10 invisible), 1,434 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Originally Posted by magicpiano
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
For that you could just attach a brand new sticker when you have to resell it, so you can fake an even better condition! laugh

Isn't that what Steinway rebuilders do when they rebuild an old Steinway and stick a brand new decal on it?
I didn't know that. Attaching a sticker on a Steinway piano is just like an heresy to me... laugh

Decal:
[Linked Image]

So now Steinway pianos have no engraved/painted text on wood but just a cheap sticker?

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member

So now Steinway pianos have no engraved/painted text on wood but just a cheap sticker?

Some of the old ones have a painted logo. Modern ones have a brass inlay.

Last edited by johnstaf; 10/09/19 04:25 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Why would someone keep that promotional sticker on the last key? It's something you expect to see in a shop to promote a feature, not at your home... But I guess... To each his own! smile

Uuh I mostly keep stickers on because usually you get ugly glue residue etc.
Not sure if the surface of the keys is Isopropanol compatible.

The backbone of modern industrial society is, and for the foreseeable future will be, the use of electrical Power.
VPC 1 -> Pianoteq 7 Std | Garritan CFX / Pearl Alto Flute 201
G
G
speaking of that, i noticed a diference on the Kawai logo fromt he CN37 to the CA78, now it looks like a sticker, last one looked painted or something else.

My piano history in about 15 months: Artesia PA88w -> Yamaha P45 -> Kawai CN 24 -> Kawai CN 37 -> Kawai CA 78
Done with: Clair de Lune - Debussy, Waltz Op. 64 no. 2 - Chopin. Looking for a new piece, kind of learning The Mandalorian theme, and practicing with Etude Op.10 no.1 - Chopin.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by GNkyrios
speaking of that, i noticed a diference on the Kawai logo fromt he CN37 to the CA78, now it looks like a sticker, last one looked painted or something else.
On my CN37 it looks like the logo was somehow "imprinted" on the wood panel. What do you mean that on the CA78 it looks like a sticker? Do you see a transparent outline around the logo? Or maybe do you "feel" the logo under your fingers?

G
G
Originally Posted by GNkyrios
On my CN37 it looks like the logo was somehow "imprinted" on the wood panel. What do you mean that on the CA78 it looks like a sticker? Do you see a transparent outline around the logo? Or maybe do you "feel" the logo under your fingers?

it looks like a metalic gold now, like a vinyl sticker, on the edges you can see its embossed.

My piano history in about 15 months: Artesia PA88w -> Yamaha P45 -> Kawai CN 24 -> Kawai CN 37 -> Kawai CA 78
Done with: Clair de Lune - Debussy, Waltz Op. 64 no. 2 - Chopin. Looking for a new piece, kind of learning The Mandalorian theme, and practicing with Etude Op.10 no.1 - Chopin.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yes, on the CN29 and CN39 the KAWAI logo is printed onto the upper board.

Example: CN39
[Linked Image]

On the CA48, CA58, CA78, CA98, the KAWAI logo is a metallic seal attached to the upper board.

Example: CA98
[Linked Image]

Rosewood finish instruments use a gold KAWAI logo, while Satin Black/Satin White finish instruments use a silver KAWAI logo.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
That's nice. I like very much golden inserts on rosewood. In fact I like much more the CN37 golden band on the front of the sliding key cover (as in the CA98 picture above) compared to the CN39 black one. To each his own! smile

E
E
I really don't like the fact that the Kawai logo is a sticker. I'm afraid it's going to peel off eventually.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by enw10
I really don't like the fact that the Kawai logo is a sticker. I'm afraid it's going to peel off eventually.
Kawai James talked about a metallic material for the letters, so they are not some cheap stickers. Of course they have to be attached in some way (glue?), but anyway I don't see why they should peel off, unless an impact occurs.

Instead, a printed logo can suffer from another problem: direct sunlight, even through a window, can cause the letters to fade after some years. So I think a metallic logo attached to the wood is more durable over time.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Kawai James talked about a metallic material for the letters, so they are not some cheap stickers. Of course they have to be attached in some way (glue?), but anyway I don't see why they should peel off, unless an impact occurs.

Sometimes the protective film that the factory puts on to cover the logo (and that should be peeled off by the end customer) is mistaken as being the logo sticker, which would indeed be both ugly and raise concerns that the logo might just peel of at some point. Such a misunderstanding has been recorded before, here on the forum...

Kawai Novus NV10
My amateur piano recordings on YouTube
Latest Recording: Always With Me (from Studio Ghibli: Spirited Away)
E
E
Originally Posted by JoBert

Sometimes the protective film that the factory puts on to cover the logo (and that should be peeled off by the end customer) is mistaken as being the logo sticker, which would indeed be both ugly and raise concerns that the logo might just peel of at some point. Such a misunderstanding has been recorded before, here on the forum...

It's not a protective film, they're 5 individual metallic stickers. They also collect dust around them since they're obviously raised. Mine don't show signs of peeling, but I also don't touch them ever, even to clean it off. I've seen YouTube videos where a letter has fallen off.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I don't think they could fall so easily but, as with all the glued things, it is better not to touch them too much.
But, from the above picture, they look so thin to me that it's difficult to think they could collect much dust around them...

I've seen YouTube videos where a letter has fallen off.

May I ask if you can provide some example links, please?

Kind regards,
James
x

E
E
Originally Posted by Kawai James

Kind regards,
James
x

https://youtu.be/mDNcw-qUzPI?t=432

I wouldn't rave over that review. I found it dishonest.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MacMacMac

What's dishonest? It seems to me that he gave his sincere opinion on that Yamaha digital piano. You could agree or disagree with his opinion, but I see nothing dishonest.

E
E
Originally Posted by MacMacMac

I didn't rave about anything. I was showing an example of a sticker that fell off a Kawai piano.

Last edited by enw10; 10/15/19 06:30 PM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I thought MacMacMac meant that the content of that video was dishonest... Instead, he meant that enw10 posted that particular link so that he could belittle a Yamaha digital piano as well as to show a Kawai letter unglued? OMG... I think this is a bit exaggerated... crazy

Anyway we don't know how that letter fell off. Maybe that letter fell off because it was hit by something...

Originally Posted by Kawai James

Kind regards,
James
x

https://youtu.be/mDNcw-qUzPI?t=432

Yes, that's the video that I thought you might be referring to.

May I ask if there are any more examples that you're aware of?
(Your post mentioned videos, plural)

Kind regards,
James
x

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,193
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission