2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (AlkansBookcase, 36251, benkeys, Charles Cohen, 20/20 Vision, bcalvanese, booms, Bruce Sato, Carey, 9 invisible), 1,922 guests, and 266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2899298 10/11/19 04:15 PM
G
Gary001
Unregistered
Gary001
Unregistered
G
Noticed casio have released the 510 and 310 upgrades to the 500 and 300 models. Does anyone know what exactly has changed/being added in the newer models?

Is it just electronics related or have any changes/improvements been made to the key action etc?

Had a read of the blurb on the Casio site but it's not really clear what may have changed.

Last edited by Gary001; 10/11/19 04:16 PM.
C
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by Gary001
Noticed casio have released the 510 and 310 upgrades to the 500 and 300 models. Does anyone know what exactly has changed/being added in the newer models?

Is it just electronics related or have any changes/improvements been made to the key action etc?

Had a read of the blurb on the Casio site but it's not really clear what may have changed.

As Bonners told me, they are much louder. As for the key action, they claim an improvement. When they arrive, apparently end of month, you should try them out.

Last edited by Colin Miles; 10/11/19 05:07 PM. Reason: additional comment

Yamaha U1A, Roland LX706

South Wales, UK
C
C
From what I've read it sounds mainly software and speaker upgrade. They say there is larger dynamic range and it is easier to play quietly. They also said they have improved the way the notes sustain so they don't decay too fast. Add in the new speaker system and I think everything else is same as old models. Will need to wait and try them to know how much difference all that makes!

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
I don't see any speakers upgrade in specs. Exactly the same speaker size, quantity and power.

Roland LX708
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Nordomus
I don't see any speakers upgrade in specs. Exactly the same speaker size, quantity and power.

I'm curious about this too.
I suppose the new speaker system could just be different design speakers etc

This is the UK site https://music.casio.co.uk/gp510bp - it has 'new' in bold for the changes,
new piano tones (new samples I guess)
new speaker system ('Grand Speaker System II' - wow!)
new touch response (whatever that means)
new pedal design (and/or? new Pedal Simulator)

Not sure what it all adds up to, though. The GP pianos seem quite tempting but there's no way I'll ever be able to audition them.
I think also that Casio should also consider improving their guarantee period - I've seen the GPs advertised here in France with 3 year guarantees whereas similar priced other manufacturers offer 5 or even 10 year guarantees. Mind-you, how good these guarantees are may be another matter.

Last edited by petebfrance; 10/12/19 01:04 PM.

regards
Pete
C
C
That's interesting about the speakers. Looking at the info again it mainly talks about changing the orientation so could well just be same speakers but pointing in a different direction!

C
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by CoJac
That's interesting about the speakers. Looking at the info again it mainly talks about changing the orientation so could well just be same speakers but pointing in a different direction!

Could well be true as the speaker nos and specs seem to be identical.

Yamaha U1A, Roland LX706

South Wales, UK
L
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
L
In the US if you register within 30 days you extend the warranty to 5 years.

At least when I bought mine. Not sure about other countries but I expect the same.

When you play, never mind who listens to you. R.Schumann.

Casio GP-400

2006 August Förster 215
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Learux
In the US if you register within 30 days you extend the warranty to 5 years.

At least when I bought mine. Not sure about other countries but I expect the same.

Interesting - thanks. I've just checked 2 French sites, one says 5 years, the other (which I look at most often) 3. As I'm not buying in the near future I guess it doesn't matter to me, but it does make me think....

regards
Pete
G
Gary001
Unregistered
Gary001
Unregistered
G
Thanks for the responses everyone.

@pete I don't know how I missed that page, thanks smile Although it leaves as many questions as it answers with a lack any real detail about what the "new" things are, how they work, what difference they make. In fact from that page alone, the improvements seem minor enough I'm not sure they're worth the price difference over the previous generation.

I've started to look into the Kawai range now too, although that's for another thread smile

C
C
I had the same dilemma and I just ordered the gp500. I really didn't think the difference was worth Ă‚ÂŁ1000 or more.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
You're right. You can't tell the difference just from specs. You must try them both to discover the difference.
Originally Posted by Gary001
@pete I don't know how I missed that page, thanks smile Although it leaves as many questions as it answers with a lack any real detail about what the "new" things are, how they work, what difference they make. In fact from that page alone, the improvements seem minor enough I'm not sure they're worth the price difference over the previous generation.

M
M
Hello to All,

As the title of this thread is "Casio GP510 vs GP500", an easy way to check that is to check the differences there are supposedly between the Casio Hybrid grand pianos GP-510 and the GP-500 by listening piano pieces using these 2 Casio Hybrid grand pianos:
1) "S. Rachmaninoff: Prelude op. 23 no. 5 in g minor - Kateryna Titova - Celviano Grand Hybrid GP-500 - YouTube" at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNRY2qOH5IM
2) "L. v. Beethoven - Sonata No. 14, Op. 27 no. 2, movement 3 - Kateryna Titova on GP-510 - YouTube" at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtp0TJlgnY
So, from your point of view, which Casio Hybrid grand piano has the best piano sound? Thanks for your feedback on this matter.

Last edited by MikePianoLover; 10/13/19 03:07 PM.
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by MikePianoLover
Hello to All,

As the title of this thread is "Casio GP510 vs GP500", an easy way to check that is to check the differences there are supposedly between the Casio Hybrid grand pianos GP-510 and the GP-500 by listening piano pieces using these 2 Casio Hybrid grand pianos:
1) "S. Rachmaninoff: Prelude op. 23 no. 5 in g minor - Kateryna Titova - Celviano Grand Hybrid GP-500 - YouTube" at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNRY2qOH5IM
2) "L. v. Beethoven - Sonata No. 14, Op. 27 no. 2, movement 3 - Kateryna Titova on GP-510 - YouTube" at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtp0TJlgnY
So, from your point of view, which Casio Hybrid grand piano has the best piano sound? Thanks for your feedback on this matter.

I've no idea from listening to them, but thanks for the links. I liked them both - the pianist!

regards
Pete
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Again they are only presenting fairly fast pieces instead of some really slow ones with long sustains. I want to hear THAT.

Roland LX708
C
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by Nordomus
Again they are only presenting fairly fast pieces instead of some really slow ones with long sustains. I want to hear THAT.

+1

Yamaha U1A, Roland LX706

South Wales, UK
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
You can get some idea of the sustain in the link to the uk site https://music.casio.co.uk/gp510bp listening to the short extract (Brahms - quite nice!) in the 'Vienna Grand' sample (scroll down the page a bit for it) It's not really all that slow, though, but does sound reasonably convincing.

Also, the same piece on the GP500 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_s2LyGLgU0

I'm not sure, tbh. I haven't played a real piano for a long time, although I used to play that piece on my upright and apart from the lack of mistakes there doesn't seem to be a great deal of difference except the last note(s) in the treble where I think the sustain is far too short, but then I did have a habit of using a lot of pedal!

Last edited by petebfrance; 10/14/19 10:55 AM.

regards
Pete
C
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by petebfrance
You can get some idea of the sustain in the link to the uk site https://music.casio.co.uk/gp510bp listening to the short extract (Brahms - quite nice!) in the 'Vienna Grand' sample (scroll down the page a bit for it) It's not really all that slow, though, but does sound reasonably convincing.

These are on the 500 not the 510 which is supposed to be better. Certainly from what I remember the sustain was not good though the main concern was the lack of volume even when turned up to max.

Yamaha U1A, Roland LX706

South Wales, UK
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Colin Miles
Originally Posted by petebfrance

These are on the 500 not the 510 which is supposed to be better. Certainly from what I remember the sustain was not good though the main concern was the lack of volume even when turned up to max.

The first is a link to the GP510 on the UK site, so the sample should be from that. Yes, the second is the GP500. I thought perhaps it was possible to hear if there was any difference - but with such a short sample I couldn't hear any.

regards
Pete
C
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
C
I put the decay question to Bonners and this is the reply

Another of my colleagues has now had to opportunity to try the new models. He is of the opinion that they have simply adjusted the EQ to stop the sound decaying as fast. He said that he personally preferred the older models....

Yamaha U1A, Roland LX706

South Wales, UK
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission