2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
61 members (Carey, accordeur, brendon, andredatele, camperbc, 36251, chopinetto, 19 invisible), 585 guests, and 458 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: How to build a PC for VIs and music production
newer player #2898009 10/07/19 04:28 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Morten Olsson
What kinds of issues ? I run a 6 core MacBook Pro myself and this thing is seriously fast.

I was constantly at 100% memory and believe it or not, the machine started paging! (This was for video work with 3 simultaneous 720p webcams.)

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
(ad)
Sweetwater Gifts That Rock
Abdol #2898012 10/07/19 04:38 PM
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Abdol
Ahhh Gearslutz... a place where the majority discuss about the devices they haven't even touched.

Pretty funny!

It should be noted GS has a few equipment suppliers and some pros who can be very helpful. Free advice is usually not worth more than you paid, however.

Tyrone Slothrop #2898015 10/07/19 04:43 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
What kinds of issues ? I run a 6 core MacBook Pro myself and this thing is seriously fast.

I was constantly at 100% memory and believe it or not, the machine started paging! (This was for video work with 3 simultaneous 720p webcams.)

Then you had too little memory, bad software or an unfortunate workflow.
Macs aren’t as a rule bad at handling memory intensive workloads.
My Mac has 32 gigs of memory and will happily run multiple Windows VMs concurrently while also doing work in the host OS.

Morten Olsson #2898016 10/07/19 04:47 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

My Mac has 32 gigs of memory and will happily run multiple Windows VMs concurrently while also doing work in the host OS.

My MacBook Pro could not be expanded above 32GB of memory without aftermarket modification. It has 32GB of memory. And it started paging.

BTW, I was going to tweak some kernel parameters, there is one on Virtual Memory preference, but I decided that if I was going to tweak kernel parameters, I should just buy a new computer. This is exactly why I am having this 64GB Ryzen 3900X monstrosity with 12 cores and 24 threads being built for me. Because of my disappointment mentioned above with the paging.

BTW, in a long ago past life, I was a Unix kernel engineer, and then later director of Unix platform engineering for a Unix vendor. However, that was so long ago, I'm sure it was actually someone else smile

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Tyrone Slothrop #2898029 10/07/19 05:22 PM
B
B
Well, I guess you're take away differs from what I actually wanted to say.
What I wanted to say was, that if you limit yourself to what the official platform spec approves of, which tops out at 3200MHz, then it makes virtually no difference if you use 2 modules vs. 4 modules or if you use dual-rank modules vs single-rank modules.
Edit: But lower latency modules are always welcome of course, and will definitely provide a benefit. The question is, if the price premium is justified or better spent elsewhere.

And what benchmarks are you going to run? Synthetic benchmarks? They will tell you that one solution will have a bit better bandwidth and/or latency than the other. But by how much? Synthetic benchmarks will give you no conclusive answer regarding performance in your audio applications. And I don't know how one is going to benchmark a DAW or VSTi plugin. My estimate is, that the difference will be negligible.
It seems to me, that your optimizing on the wrong end here.

However, I wholeheartedly agree with your statement that your money is spent wiser in other areas like a faster CPU.
And a better cooler. Remember that the all the current CPUs can boost their frequency according to their TDP budget and temperature. A cooler CPU will give you higher and longer boosts. Which is critical for single-thread performance.
The current crop of core monsters have plenty of multi-thread performance. But single-thread performance will remain a bottleneck for so many real-world applications.
I recommend a big case with nice airflow and a beefy air cooler by e.g. Noctua. Their stuff is excellent. Water-cooling is just an unnecessary hassle. And the top air coolers rival average water-cooling.

Another thing that will impact your performance much more than the finer details of your RAM configuration is a "clean" system.
My definition of a clean system, is a system that has all the necessary drivers installed for the components to run at their fastest - but no more.
Many components, motherboards and printers are the worst offenders, but it affects almost all components, from SSDs to keyboards. All those components, they come with drivers, which are required for performant operation. On top they come with additional "helpful" tools and utilities that shall provide a "benefit". The only benefit is to slow down your PC by installing a host of background processes and services that start automatically with every boot, delaying it, collecting telemetry information for the manufacturer to analyze and most importantly to act as a billboard and advertisement for the manufacturer by plastering your start menu, tray area and notification area with the manufacturers entries.

Since you're doing a custom built at least you don't have to deal with all the cruft applications that store bought computers come with. I could tell you stories. I had multiple family members come to me for help, because their brand-new, decently specced laptops where so slow, they were practically unusable. The worst were two Lenovo laptops, but Dell, HP, Acer aren't much better. Always start from a clean OS installation.

And this is a bit controversial, but third-party anti-virus solutions will give you more trouble than they're worth. Just stick with Windows Defender, if you want a hassle free stable experience. I don't want to go into more detail, since you didn't ask for it.

Last edited by bern2k1; 10/07/19 05:29 PM.
bern2k1 #2898033 10/07/19 05:40 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by bern2k1
And a better cooler. Remember that the all the current CPUs can boost their frequency according to their TDP budget and temperature. A cooler CPU will give you higher and longer boosts. Which is critical for single-thread performance.
The current crop of core monsters have plenty of multi-thread performance. But single-thread performance will remain a bottleneck for so many real-world applications.
I recommend a big case with nice airflow and a beefy air cooler by e.g. Noctua. Their stuff is excellent. Water-cooling is just an unnecessary hassle. And the top air coolers rival average water-cooling.

So my motherboard is an ASRock X570M Pro4 MicroATX Motherboard with a really pretty terrible "chunk of metal" heat sink with low surface area (well, if it would sink the heat anywhere). But it is what ASRock provides with the motherboard, so to change to something else will need some research. The coolers are all the highest CFM coolers that Noctua offers, that can fit in the build. I will wait for my custom PC builder sends me the system and I might play around with changing the heatsink and coolers. But probably not before I switch the processor to a Ryzen 3950X. I asked my builder to spec the cooling for 20W more TDP for the 3950X over the 3900X he will be putting into the box.

[Linked Image]

newer player #2898048 10/07/19 07:09 PM
B
B
Judging from images of the motherboard, that terrible chunk of metal seems to be quite distant from the CPU socket, so it shouldn't obstruct from installing a good CPU cooler. But if you're confident in the competence of your builder, just tell him you don't want to skimp on the cooler and he'll find a good one that fits the board and case.

It seems to me, that you don't have a very tight budget and want the fastest possible audio workstation you can get, within reason. That's a nice position to be in. The system you have described so far sounds really nice and will surely satisfy you.
The best advice I can give you regarding performance, however, is to let your audio workstation be your audio workstation and nothing else. Only install your audio related stuff on that machine.
Do all your other stuff on a different machine.

I'm a guy, that loves software. I have a lot installed. I like to have a lot of functionality at my fingertips. But every software nowadays installs some background process, some service. To check for updates, to check the licensing, to do all sorts of stuff. They install all kinds of DLLs. Set all kinds of registry entries. Mess with system configuration, they shouldn't be messing with. All this weighs down your machine just a little bit, when things run smoothly. But things start to add up. And the things start to get ugly when programs interact, that are not supposed to interact.

You can spend all your money on the fastest hardware, in the end performance is a function of the software and its proper configuration. I can make your Ryzen 3950X slower than a Core2Duo with one misconfiguration of your OS settings, slower than a Pentium 2 with one missing driver, slower than a 486DX with one rogue application.
You probably know all this. From what I've read you're an experienced computer user and don't use them since yesterday. But sometimes it helps, when people tell you the obvious stuff. At least for me, that's the case.

newer player #2898049 10/07/19 07:23 PM
B
B
Ha,
I've missed the bit, where you said, that you were a Unix kernel engineer. Describing you as an 'experienced computer user' is probably the understatement of the year.

bern2k1 #2898050 10/07/19 07:31 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Judging from images of the motherboard, that terrible chunk of metal seems to be quite distant from the CPU socket, so it shouldn't obstruct from installing a good CPU cooler. But if you're confident in the competence of your builder, just tell him you don't want to skimp on the cooler and he'll find a good one that fits the board and case.

It seems to me, that you don't have a very tight budget and want the fastest possible audio workstation you can get, within reason. That's a nice position to be in. The system you have described so far sounds really nice and will surely satisfy you.
The best advice I can give you regarding performance, however, is to let your audio workstation be your audio workstation and nothing else. Only install your audio related stuff on that machine.
Do all your other stuff on a different machine.

I'm a guy, that loves software. I have a lot installed. I like to have a lot of functionality at my fingertips. But every software nowadays installs some background process, some service. To check for updates, to check the licensing, to do all sorts of stuff. They install all kinds of DLLs. Set all kinds of registry entries. Mess with system configuration, they shouldn't be messing with. All this weighs down your machine just a little bit, when things run smoothly. But things start to add up. And the things start to get ugly when programs interact, that are not supposed to interact.

You can spend all your money on the fastest hardware, in the end performance is a function of the software and its proper configuration. I can make your Ryzen 3950X slower than a Core2Duo with one misconfiguration of your OS settings, slower than a Pentium 2 with one missing driver, slower than a 486DX with one rogue application.
You probably know all this. From what I've read you're an experienced computer user and don't use them since yesterday. But sometimes it helps, when people tell you the obvious stuff. At least for me, that's the case.

I've ended up ordering two custom built PCs, and not just one. That's why there are 2 CPUs my builder received. The first is the DAW workstation. It has hobbyist-level audio stuff like the RME Babyface Pro. The second one was originally starting out as a rather modest replacement for my media center which is the heart of my A/V system. It was to replace a 7yo system with an array of HDDs - 20TB, which drives my audio equipment, TV, connects to my couple of game consoles, optical media player, amp, speakers, streaming services, etc. But in working on the specs with my builder, this replacement media center ended up being pretty much a full blown compute server, almost an equal of my DAW workstation - Ryzen 3900X, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (to drive a 4K, 240Hz OLED TV), 32 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, 40TB of RAID 10 SSD, audiophile DAC, etc. The main difference is form-factor. The DAW workstation is microATX while my media server is Mini-ITX. I think it ended up costing the same or close. So I think the 2nd of these is what I'll end up loading up with software which is not for my MacBook or the DAW workstation. Including any games that aren't console games.

[Linked Image]

bern2k1 #2898052 10/07/19 07:39 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Ha,
I've missed the bit, where you said, that you were a Unix kernel engineer. Describing you as an 'experienced computer user' is probably the understatement of the year.

That was a long time ago, in another life. When Unix was actually a real product (today it's all Linux and.... "Linux is not Unix")

A clear sign of the times is when I realized I might need to tweak kernel parameters to get my MacBook Pro to stop paging, instead of doing it, I ordered another computer. laugh As I said, sometimes I really think it was another person that was the OS kernel engineer and not me!

[Linked Image]

Tyrone Slothrop #2898059 10/07/19 08:21 PM
R
R

My use case is to be "over-the-top"... As I just reported in this thread over here, my custom PC builder just got the last parts and I should soon be able to see if I can run 10 mics in VSL Synchron "live" (not rendered) without any glitching. Will be reporting soon.

Your workstation should be OK for running 10mics VSL pianos in 5.1 surround and prepare for possible 96K library in future.

CA98+ART RM5~~RME ADI2 DAC
VSL CFX&D274&Bluthner1895, Pianoteq7, Ivory2 ACD, Galaxy VintageD&StD, Bechstein DG, Embertone 1955Walker
robinlb #2898061 10/07/19 08:31 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by robinlb

My use case is to be "over-the-top"... As I just reported in this thread over here, my custom PC builder just got the last parts and I should soon be able to see if I can run 10 mics in VSL Synchron "live" (not rendered) without any glitching. Will be reporting soon.

Your workstation should be OK for running 10mics VSL pianos in 5.1 surround and prepare for possible 96K library in future.

Thanks! Although I'm not sure 96K will do much. Pianoteq Pro offers 192K and I really don't think I would hear the difference.

[Linked Image]

Tyrone Slothrop #2898065 10/07/19 08:58 PM
R
R

Thanks! Although I'm not sure 96K will do much. Pianoteq Pro offers 192K and I really don't think I would hear the difference.

Modelling vs Sampling, it's the difference. wink
To use a bad analogy, this is the difference between a vector and a bitmap. Precision and resolution are important for the latter.
So 24k or 192k might be useless for Pianoteq, but will be hearable for sampling sound data.

CA98+ART RM5~~RME ADI2 DAC
VSL CFX&D274&Bluthner1895, Pianoteq7, Ivory2 ACD, Galaxy VintageD&StD, Bechstein DG, Embertone 1955Walker
Tyrone Slothrop #2898108 10/08/19 03:52 AM
M
M

My MacBook Pro could not be expanded above 32GB of memory without aftermarket modification. It has 32GB of memory. And it started paging.

BTW, I was going to tweak some kernel parameters, there is one on Virtual Memory preference, but I decided that if I was going to tweak kernel parameters, I should just buy a new computer. This is exactly why I am having this 64GB Ryzen 3900X monstrosity with 12 cores and 24 threads being built for me. Because of my disappointment mentioned above with the paging.

BTW, in a long ago past life, I was a Unix kernel engineer, and then later director of Unix platform engineering for a Unix vendor. However, that was so long ago, I'm sure it was actually someone else smile

Again - Macs are quite capable of handling memory intensive workloads and are certainly more than capable of running various VST's.
Paging seems a natural thing for a machine to do if all physical memory is somehow used ?

Anyways - you seem set on the monster-pc - looking forward to hearing how that works out for you - it will certainly be fast enough - shame about the OS though :-)

Tyrone Slothrop #2898155 10/08/19 07:17 AM
K
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K

I've ended up ordering two custom built PCs, and not just one. That's why there are 2 CPUs my builder received. The first is the DAW workstation. It has hobbyist-level audio stuff like the RME Babyface Pro. The second one was originally starting out as a rather modest replacement for my media center which is the heart of my A/V system. It was to replace a 7yo system with an array of HDDs - 20TB, which drives my audio equipment, TV, connects to my couple of game consoles, optical media player, amp, speakers, streaming services, etc. But in working on the specs with my builder, this replacement media center ended up being pretty much a full blown compute server, almost an equal of my DAW workstation - Ryzen 3900X, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (to drive a 4K, 240Hz OLED TV), 32 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, 40TB of RAID 10 SSD, audiophile DAC, etc. The main difference is form-factor. The DAW workstation is microATX while my media server is Mini-ITX. I think it ended up costing the same or close. So I think the 2nd of these is what I'll end up loading up with software which is not for my MacBook or the DAW workstation. Including any games that aren't console games.

shocked Wow, nice spec, but 40TB of SSDs in RAID 10 must cost an absolute fortune. I guess you need high capacity for a media center PC, but that's more than our neuroimaging machines!

In the interests of balance, I should comment that Windows 10 works fine for hosting piano VSTs in my experience. Most of mine are on a slightly creaking 6-year old system now with periodic upgrades as and when needed (usually storage) and they all run fine with an acceptable latency, no pops/crackles, no crashes etc. over a number of years. I'm sure that's the case for many other Windows users too. I think the hardware is far more important than the OS in this context and with sufficient decent and properly supported hardware (thinking of drives, multithreading support etc.) you'll not have problems running any VST.

Broadwood, Yamaha U1; Kawai CA67; Pianoteq Std (D4, K2, Blüthner, Grotrian), Garritan CFX Full, Galaxy Vintage D, The Grandeur, Ravenscroft 275, Ivory II ACD, TrueKeys Italian, AS C7, Production Grand Compact, AK Studio Grand, AK Upright, Waves Grand Rhapsody; Sennheiser HD-600 and HD-650, O2 amp
Morten Olsson #2898173 10/08/19 08:10 AM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Again - Macs are quite capable of handling memory intensive workloads and are certainly more than capable of running various VST's.
Paging seems a natural thing for a machine to do if all physical memory is somehow used ?

Anyways - you seem set on the monster-pc - looking forward to hearing how that works out for you - it will certainly be fast enough - shame about the OS though :-)

I love Macs. I installed macOS Catalina last night on the Macbook Pro and was playing with Sidecar - using my iPad Pro as a second display. I already found a minor bug though, but I think it is a bug in the iPad and how it registers iPad screen orientation.

Macbooks are simply limited in memory - 16GB before and 32GB these days. I've always had Windows laptops with more memory. And yes, when memory is out systems page. In my case, paging was so intensive that the system paged between key presses and typing a 5 letter word into TextEdit might take 30 seconds.

I hired a Mac system administrator to do some tuning for me and he ended up spending 11 hours on my MacBook, which as as I said was the early-2019 MacBook Pro with everything except 4TB of SSD, and did not resolve anything. I fired him because the first thing I wanted him to do was to tweak the kernel parameters. Instead, like cr@ppy SysAdmins do sometimes, he didn't touch the kernel. Instead, he decided it was something "I" did to the machine and wiped my machine entirely, reformatted the SSD and reinstalled all my software - only to find .... yes! The system is paging in my intensive 3-camera 720p video application! (needless to say a paging system makes live video useless)

So this MacBook is lovely but I will not spend another dollar on Macs for heavy compute and I/O-bound operations. In particular, I am not going to spend $20K on a kitted out Mac Pro only to find it performs worse than a $8K custom-build Ryzen 3900X workstation. And yes, since the latest benchmarks show even a lesser 3rd gen Ryzen kicking the Intel Xeon's @ss.

Originally Posted by karvala
shocked Wow, nice spec, but 40TB of SSDs in RAID 10 must cost an absolute fortune. I guess you need high capacity for a media center PC, but that's more than our neuroimaging machines!

Well, it's 40TB (4 x 10TB SSDs), but in RAID 10, it's only 20TB of usable space because of mirroring. Which is less than my current 7yo media center which has HDDs in non-RAID configuration.

That said, I have not used up my current storage, and I've been using my current media center not only as my media center (e.g. for movies, music, etc.) but also for my home cloud so I have already about 5 TB of non media data to put somewhere. Furthermore, my current media center only feeds a 1080p Panasonic Plasma TV (remember what those were? LOL).

In going to a 4K, I'm also anticipating more media products being released in 4K over the next few years, which will require 4x the storage for each item. So in the end, I'm actually expecting 40TB of SSDs to not last me as long as the HDDs on my current media server (7 years).

And I simply can't do without RAID any more. I have so many media files organised on a Plex Pass system on my current media center that if a disk goes out, then months of archival work (copying Bluray discs to storage) will be lost. I am way overdue of an HDD failure on my current 7yo media center and its on borrowed time!

I'll be a lot less nervous when I copy all my existing data on my current media server to the new one... which I figure will be by the end of this month. So my current one only needs to last that much longer.

[Linked Image]

newer player #2898268 10/08/19 01:24 PM
M
M
Indeed - if you need more than 32 gigs of memory then the current MacBook pros aren’t what you want - that does not mean that Macs are inherently bad at memory (or compute) intensive tasks. I keep going on about this because I worry that another user may read your posts and come out believing that Macs aren’t suited for heavy duty work which really isn’t true.

How you managed to use 32 gigs of memory for a couple of web cam feeds I have no idea - nor what kernel modifications you believe Mac OS needs that would alleviate this.

Anyways - the machine(s) you ordered sound awesome and I’m looking forward to hearing how it works out for you.

Morten Olsson #2898284 10/08/19 02:01 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Indeed - if you need more than 32 gigs of memory then the current MacBook pros aren’t what you want - that does not mean that Macs are inherently bad at memory (or compute) intensive tasks. I keep going on about this because I worry that another user may read your posts and come out believing that Macs aren’t suited for heavy duty work which really isn’t true.

How you managed to use 32 gigs of memory for a couple of web cam feeds I have no idea -

It was live video processing in real-time, not just video capture and transmission.

nor what kernel modifications you believe Mac OS needs that would alleviate this.

The MacOS command 'nvram' can take multiple 'boot-args' values which change the virtual memory mode.

The Mac SysAdmin that I hired to fix my problem didn't even touch this 'nvram' command in his 11 hours of work on my MacBook Pro, and instead, as I mentioned above decided to simply wipe it and start again (in case I was an imbecile who screwed up the macine), which led to me firing him since he was simply not a skilled SysAdmin in Macs - I have never met a professional SysAdmin who was unwilling to change kernel parameters (for example, one needs to change kernel parameters to make the Oracle database work as Oracle recommends - changing kernel parameters is pretty standard for a SysAdmin).

I had the choice then of hiring a replacement or doing it myself. But I decided to simply get a computer in replacement that isn't limited to 32GB of physical memory without paying for a Mac Pro, and leave my $5K MacBook Pro for the thing it seems to be best at - being an office computer. So that's what I've done.

Anyways - the machine(s) you ordered sound awesome and I’m looking forward to hearing how it works out for you.

Thanks.

[Linked Image]

newer player #2898299 10/08/19 03:00 PM
O
O
I use a decked-out Dell XPS series notebook and can tell you they perform admirably for music and photography workstation duty, just like the MacBook Pro options listed here.

newer player #2898362 10/08/19 06:45 PM
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
There are two things every PC lacks:

MainStage and Logic Pro

If you managed to port these to PC, every professional will start using PC.

From the Gearslutz:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/mus...windows-real-time-audio-performance.html

Windows is historically a terrible OS for using DAWs and multiple audio interfaces. I remember it was impossible to have aggregate audio devices in Windows which was never a case in OS X at least since OS X v10.5.

For example, the audio socket of Macintosh Computers and Laptops provide higher output voltage compared to almost any PC/laptop I know (maybe MS Surface series also provide higher voltage!?)

There are so many subtle things that having a supercomputer with maxed out CPU and RAM will never resolve. The latency on Mac is notoriuosly lower. TB3 implementation and USB-C provides a fast enough storage to have RAID SDDs of any combinations (at max half of the PCIe).

Windows doesn't have the equivalent integration of Core Audio, Core Midi and Audio Units in OS X.

I'm not sure how many GigaBytes of samples you want to load, but I'm not kind of a guy who sits at his desk and waits forever to load a silly piano library. I want to play my piano in 3 seconds. Good luck doing it with any PC with ZetaBytes of RAM and Super SSDs.

Google Hans Zimmer and see his setup.

[Linked Image]

He uses Mac, many hardware synths and a MOTIF XF. Do you think you need a more robust setup than him? Or even you can afford what he owns?!

Kawai MP7SE, Yamaha MOTF XF6, Yamaha WX5, Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
(ad) SWEETWATER Cyber Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Beginner looking for purchase advice
by savagekeys - 12/05/20 11:21 AM
Fazioli soundboards
by Withindale - 12/05/20 10:08 AM
Practice and resting
by Ubu - 12/05/20 05:25 AM
Strange phenomena....
by piano_primo - 12/05/20 12:55 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics203,279
Posts3,030,862
Members99,493
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission