2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
38 members (3B43, Ed McMorrow, RPT, Einaudio, Charles Cohen, clothearednincompo, CharlesXX, 9 invisible), 517 guests, and 350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: A day of reckoning and the calm after the storm.
mr_super-hunky #2896380 10/02/19 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by mr_super-hunky

I built the box-bike myself which required some welding and frame modification but it came out pretty good...My dog Ringo absolutely loves it and we go for bike rides all the time...

It can get a bit heavy going up hills so in the future I may put an electric motor on it where I only have to pedal on flat surfaces and push a button to go up hills. ..

Well, of course Ringo loves it - all he has to do is sit there and enjoy the ride, oogle female dogs on the way and bark at stray tom cats - he doesn't have to do any of the hard work - you should have built a "bicycle-for-two" adapted for the dog's hind legs and put that freeloading canine joy rider to work pedaling and carrying his own load - that way you could probably dispense with the addition of the electric motor to get you up those hills...otherwise, nice job on the engineering and construction...I might order one as soon as they hit the Amazon Marketplace...

John

"Difficulties deferred and challenges unmet will eventually return with a vengeance to bite one in the butt." (paraphrasing Chopin)
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
mr_super-hunky #2896573 10/02/19 08:40 PM
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Such a lovely dog. He's lucky to have such an attentive pet human.

earlofmar #2896601 10/03/19 03:17 AM
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by earlofmar
always nice to hear from you mr_super-hunky, this forum has not been the same without you.

Thanks earlofmar. How long did it take you to write that? 10 seconds?,, Well it made me feel good all day! Talk about return on investment! And you are one of the people who invite others into our community by making them feel welcome by warmly greeting them on the "Tell us about yourself thread". That's something you and Monica shared and made a lot of members feel good in doing so.

It may not seem like much on your part, but to someone else it can really make a difference so thanks for doing that.

Peyton #2896602 10/03/19 03:35 AM
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Peyton
I
Anyway, I'm still thinking of Monica when I sit down to play. What an amazing person. I miss her and I'm glad we could all agree that the recitals do indeed need to be dedicated to her memory.

Thanks Sam for getting it done.

Hey Peyton. I know what you're saying. I have a couple of Einaudi tunes that I play from time to time [Nefeli, Le Onde] and it's been really difficult to play them without feeling emotionally overwhelmed. I think it was Tyronne who summed up her passing best by saying only two words. "Enormous loss". There is no better way to describe it.

You've been a good friend to Monica over the years and have always supported her on her 'Pianomonica' you-tube channel as well as on the forums.

Even after her passing, she STILL seems to be doing good work here by uniting and bringing everyone together. I can't help but wonder if she wasn't chosen to serve a higher calling. She will be greatly missed.

Handyman #2896604 10/03/19 03:53 AM
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Handyman

I built the box-bike myself which required some welding and frame modification but it came out pretty good...My dog Ringo absolutely loves it and we go for bike rides all the time...

It can get a bit heavy going up hills so in the future I may put an electric motor on it where I only have to pedal on flat surfaces and push a button to go up hills. ..

Well, of course Ringo loves it - all he has to do is sit there and enjoy the ride, oogle female dogs on the way and bark at stray tom cats - he doesn't have to do any of the hard work - you should have built a "bicycle-for-two" adapted for the dog's hind legs and put that freeloading canine joy rider to work pedaling and carrying his own load - that way you could probably dispense with the addition of the electric motor to get you up those hills...otherwise, nice job on the engineering and construction...I might order one as soon as they hit the Amazon Marketplace...

Well, that pretty much sums it up. Ringo loves going for rides in his human-powered rickshaw of sorts. He gets tons of attention and hams it up even more than I do! [if you can believe that!] wink

If you have smaller kids, need to get some local groceries or do some shopping, these box bikes can't be beat. They have plenty of cargo space and can haul several hundred pounds. If you are serious about buying one, they are available online through different vendors. Just search for 'box-bike', 'cargo-bike' or' Bakfiets'. I'd get one with an electric motor which are legal to drive on the roads. No car payment, no insurance, no gas, no maintenance [not much anyway] and you're distance to travel is only limited by the battery that you choose.

Go for it, you won't regret it!

johnstaf #2896607 10/03/19 04:10 AM
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by johnstaf
Such a lovely dog. He's lucky to have such an attentive pet human.

Thanks Johnstaf. My wife and I love our dog. Unfortunately, we couldn't have children of our own so we make up for that with our pets. We treat them like our own children since my wife is a breeder and loves what she does.

Even the big ones come in the house once in a while just to say hello!

[Linked Image]

mr_super-hunky #2896609 10/03/19 04:19 AM
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
What a great thread this is.
I love the box bike Mr S-H.
I cycle to work and occasionally I pass I guy with a trailer for his dog - pretty sure given location and time of day he is bringing his (pretty large) dog to work for the day. It brightens up my morning to see them!
I can't bring my dogs to work, but I can't complain as most weeks I get to work at home with them on 2 days.

[Linked Image]
mr_super-hunky #2896849 10/03/19 05:00 PM
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
[Linked Image]

There is no world in which I expected to come to the forums today and see a photo of a Llama (or Alpaca?) in a room with a beautiful grand piano. But I'm so glad I did! Thanks for making my day laugh

Now learning: Chopin C# minor Nocturne (posth) and C minor Prelude (big chords), Mozart Sonata in C K. 545
Instruments: Yamaha N1X, Kawai ES110, Roland GO:PIANO
Sam S #2896945 10/04/19 03:47 AM
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sam S
Mr. S-H, for your next project, make a bike-piano! I know it's been done, both upright and grand. You can do it!

Sam

Haha, Yes, but this will need to be a combined effort since more than one person will be needed.

I'll do all the pedaling ['cause when no-one is lookin', I'll hit the electric motor button!]. You can ride in the bucket playing the piano. And since we'll have onboard electronic pedaling assistance, we can hook up a trailer to the back and make our own cycle-train.

And since this thread is a love-fest of sorts, we can call it our cycle of love-train!

We could even have Handyman riding in the trailer playing the Kazoo or something as added accompaniment. Anythings possible! grin

Last edited by mr_super-hunky; 10/04/19 03:56 AM.
mr_super-hunky #2896959 10/04/19 06:56 AM
I haven't survived this long by doing hazardous things like riding in a trailer behind some wacky homemade contraption - maybe you should shoot for something more like the following (no warning label needed):

Piano Bike

John

"Difficulties deferred and challenges unmet will eventually return with a vengeance to bite one in the butt." (paraphrasing Chopin)
Handyman #2896961 10/04/19 07:28 AM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I haven't survived this long by doing hazardous things like riding in a trailer behind some wacky homemade contraption - maybe you should shoot for something more like the following (no warning label needed):

Piano Bike

That looked fun but too tiring to play and pedal the bike.

[Linked Image]
NobleHouse #2896963 10/04/19 07:34 AM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by NobleHouse

Piano Bike

But what an interesting job.

[Linked Image]
mr_super-hunky #2897170 10/05/19 12:18 AM
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
That Piano bike was cool. But ours will have to be even cooler. Maybe somehow mount a baby grand to the handlebars of a Penny-farthing. That would be pretty cool.

But wind resistance would become an issue at speed so an electric motor assist would be a must.

Then again, we could build something totally original since the Piano-bike thing has already been done. Something like mounting a piano to a jet-ski pulling skiers from Busch Gardens going over a jump. That would be cool!

Anythings possible.

mr_super-hunky #2897175 10/05/19 01:31 AM
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I'm sure a concert grand is more aerodynamic.

NobleHouse #2897270 10/05/19 11:17 AM
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by NobleHouse

Piano Bike

The video doesn't show it clearly, but the set up appears not unlike a penny farthing and it might not be so difficult to pedal. On level ground and at slow speeds. I couldn't really see it in a mountain stage of a bike race.

Learner
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Karsten Collection
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Our October 2020 Free Piano Newsletter is Here!
---------------------
3,000,000+!
------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland F140r - Would you recommend it?
by Pikka - 10/25/20 05:14 PM
KAWAI ES8 : buy a new keyboard management board
by chris42330 - 10/25/20 03:37 PM
Clavinova CPV30 Repair
by mikeskory - 10/25/20 12:55 PM
Hello - and my first Chopin!
by oswaldpeters - 10/25/20 11:11 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics202,394
Posts3,017,006
Members99,019
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission