2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
84 members (BillS728, clothearednincompo, anamnesis, 36251, AJB, BlakeOR, 22 invisible), 898 guests, and 295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
I've done some research and it seems that Forscore is ultimate sheet music app but I'm not sure yet and it's paid app so I can't try it. Any advice? Can I import sheet music via iTunes in Forscore?

J
J
I LOVE ForScore! I have no experience with sheet music in iTunes so I can't comment on that. I upload mine into the app via DropBox. I've also recently used the Darkroom feature to convert screenshots from Pianist Magazine into pdfs in ForScore. Very handy.

J
J
P.S. Tell me about sheet music in iTunes! I'm not at home right now to check...is there a big selection available? I've never even thought to shop for it there.

L
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
L
I am a big fan of mobilesheets. Not sure if there is an apple version.

When you play, never mind who listens to you. R.Schumann.

Casio GP-400

2006 August Förster 215
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by JB_PW
P.S. Tell me about sheet music in iTunes! I'm not at home right now to check...is there a big selection available? I've never even thought to shop for it there.

Same. I'm curious.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
O
O
For me, the most important function by FAR is Imslp integration. Makes adding new music soooo much easier.

Forscore lacks Imslp integration which makes it not very usable for me.

There are three apps that have this that i am aware of

1. Imlsp's own app (pretty bad)

2. Piascore

3. Digitalscore

I used to use piascore. Very good app but two negatives for me : you can't organize the music in folders, and it is difficult to export and backup the library.

Digitalscore is what i am using now. Excellent app, but for some reason the pdf engine is a bit sluggish, noticeable shower than say piascore, sometimes frustrating.

J
J
Originally Posted by op299
Imslp integration.

What do you mean by this? I just move the pdf files into DropBox and then upload them. Works fine for me, but maybe you're used to less steps being necessary.

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
If you have a Mac and an iPad, you just upload it from the cloud. There is a link on Forscore for iCloud, dropbox, and others.

Kawai NV10
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

Same. I'm curious.

iTunes does not sell sheet music. The iTunes app simply provides a clunky way to upload data (PDF, etc) from a PC/Mac to iOS apps that support it.

There are usually better ways to transfer data, for example, by using a cloud service, iOS sharing, AirDrop, etc.

O
O
Ã…
Originally Posted by op299
Imslp integration.

What do you mean by this? I just move the pdf files into DropBox and then upload them. Works fine for me, but maybe you're used to less steps being necessary.

Yea its basically just fewer steps - some apps let you search in imslp within the app, and then just add the music with one click to your collection. One advantage is that it gets categorised perfectly, composer/title and so on, automatically. Easier searching, easier downloading. I have over 10 gb of sheet music downloaded, would have taken me longer time if I would have had to download each from imslp, move to dropbox, download into app, fix title and so on....

J
J
Oh...that does sound convenient! I was content when I didn't know what I was missing...

B
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
B
Any recommendations on an Ipad? I've been considering venturing into the dark and evil world of Apple for this reason (using ForScore). Not sure if I'd use the iPad for anything else. Or is MobileSheets for Android ok?

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
Any recommendations on an Ipad? I've been considering venturing into the dark and evil world of Apple for this reason (using ForScore). Not sure if I'd use the iPad for anything else. Or is MobileSheets for Android ok?

I've been using an iPad Pro. It works with forscore. Might eventually get myself a 2nd one to get a two page view. At this point though, if I were you, I'd just wait for next gen which will be soon.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
B
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
B
I'd like to get the 12.9 display (Pro) for reading music, but I'm not sure if I need to wait for next gen? I think I could get an older model for cheap and it would do the same thing.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

N
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
So:
1. ForScore(but lacks IMSLP integration)
2. Digitalscore
For me iTunes file sharing via PC is important because I have huge file library, mostly from IMSLP and it's easiest to just select all and transfer to iPad.
"The iTunes app simply provides a clunky way to upload data (PDF, etc) from a PC/Mac to iOS apps that support it."
Clunky? Why? You just connect iPad to computer chose file sharing and upload all the files you want.

Anyway I think I'm gonna write to ForScore team and ask about IMSLP integration.

Only 12.9 iPad IMO. I've tried using 9.7 but it's just to small for sheet music. 12.9 is PERFECT. Unfortunately those iPads are really expensive so there is that. But I bought 2nd generation iPad Pro 12.9 and it works like a charm. I can fully recommend it for this. 1st generation should be good for this as well.

Edit: I've sent email to forScore team asking about IMSLP integration. I'll let you all know about that as soon as I get reply.

Last edited by Nordomus; 10/01/19 10:55 AM.
L
L
Another ForScore lover here!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

I've been using an iPad Pro. It works with forscore. Might eventually get myself a 2nd one to get a two page view. At this point though, if I were you, I'd just wait for next gen which will be soon.

Thanks Tyrone. I will probably wait for the newest model.

[Linked Image]
N
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
I got reply from forScore team. They do not plan to include IMSLP support.

B
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Nordomus
So:

Only 12.9 iPad IMO. I've tried using 9.7 but it's just to small for sheet music. 12.9 is PERFECT. Unfortunately those iPads are really expensive so there is that. But I bought 2nd generation iPad Pro 12.9 and it works like a charm. I can fully recommend it for this. 1st generation should be good for this as well.

Thanks. I've been playing with MobileSheets on my SurfacePro 4 and I think it might do the trick as well.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

N
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
What about Newzik app? It supports music xml files.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brendan, Kreisler 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Natural sharp sign?
by Brus - 05/17/22 06:15 AM
Such a great piece!
by Qazsedcft - 05/17/22 04:48 AM
A mysterious and irritating phenomena..
by Rallent - 05/16/22 11:14 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,111
Posts3,192,214
Members105,297
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission