Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
112 registered members (Animisha, Andy Perkins, Beemer, anotherscott, 36251, astrotoy, AWilley, 28 invisible), 1,498 guests, and 562 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
2006 GC1 with disklavier system #2894726 09/27/19 06:46 AM
I
inna_denver Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I came across this ad. I don't understand disklavier system too well, and don't need it. Does it have
any impact on the acoustic part of the piano? Is it easy to take it out, if it stops working, and leave acoustic part untouched? What do you think about a 15 yr model GC1?

https://denver.craigslist.org/msg/d/morrison-yamaha-grand-piano/6979927273.html

Last edited by inna_denver; 09/27/19 06:55 AM.
Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items, digital piano dolly, music theme party goods
Re: 2006 GC1 with disklavier system [Re: inna_denver] #2894729 09/27/19 07:00 AM
Rich Galassini Offline
Platinum Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Platinum Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hi Inna_denver,

The Disklavier is a high quality player system that will not interfere at all with the performance of the acoustic piano it is installed in.

If you are not looking for a Disklavier (a high technology player system) than I would suggest looking at pianos that do not have one. The ad states that they paid 26k in 2006. This is possible, but you can buy a NEW GC-1 (very nice baby grand, btw) for less than that today, so you are likely paying them for something you do not want.

My advice is to keep shopping.

Good luck!

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co.
Phila, Pa.
(215) 991-0834 direct line
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for great content every week:
https://www.youtube.com/user/CunninghamPiano
Re: 2006 GC1 with disklavier system [Re: inna_denver] #2894739 09/27/19 07:46 AM
I
inna_denver Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Well, they are asking 10k for it...

Re: 2006 GC1 with disklavier system [Re: inna_denver] #2894783 09/27/19 09:37 AM
j&j Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Inna_denver - if you love and want the Disklavier option, you love how the piano sounds and plays, and the piano checks out with an independent tech, 10k might not be a bad price. If you don’t intend to ever use the Disklavier option, as Rich Galassini advised, you can get a quality 5’3” acoustic piano for less money.
The Disklavier is a wonderful player system if you’re specifically looking for a piano with a player system. But why pay extra for something you’re not going to use.
If it were me, I’d go check it out. I’d also do some research if you can still buy disks for that model of Disklavier (most likely you can’t get them anymore but who knows) and then decide yay or nay.
Best of Luck!
I do like GC1s and GC2s!

J & J
Estonia L190 Hidden Beauty
Casio Privia PX-330
Pianos - the reason God made trees!
[Linked Image]
Re: 2006 GC1 with disklavier system [Re: inna_denver] #2894785 09/27/19 09:43 AM
J
johnlewisgrant Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Just out of curiosity: how accurately do circa 2006 Disklaviers replay, say, your playing? I mean, if it were accurate, then it seems to me it would be a fantastic practice tool.

J. S. Bach Well-tempered Clavier, complete preludes and fugues (with significant MIDI analysis):
https://soundcloud.com/johnlgrant/sets

Re: 2006 GC1 with disklavier system [Re: johnlewisgrant] #2894811 09/27/19 11:18 AM
j&j Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by johnlewisgrant
Just out of curiosity: how accurately do circa 2006 Disklaviers replay, say, your playing? I mean, if it were accurate, then it seems to me it would be a fantastic practice tool.

It’s certainly worth going to look at and searching reviews of that particular model of Disklavier. I, myself, could certainly find some uses of a working Disklavier unit on a nice Yamaha 5’3” grand. But I’m not sure how much extra I’d be willing to pay for a piano with a 2006 vintage Disklavier.
Then again, I’m not the OP.

J & J
Estonia L190 Hidden Beauty
Casio Privia PX-330
Pianos - the reason God made trees!
[Linked Image]
Re: 2006 GC1 with disklavier system [Re: j&j] #2894936 09/27/19 05:28 PM
jshelton Offline
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
Just to keep this conversation in the realm of reality. We paid $5000 for a 2006 GC1 about 8-9 years ago from a private party, still playing it and enjoying it. $10,000 seems like a ridiculous amount to pay if you don't want the player.

John Shelton
Shelton-Farretta Guitars
www.sheltonfarrettaguitars.com
Re: 2006 GC1 with disklavier system [Re: inna_denver] #2894969 09/27/19 07:34 PM
N
noyes Offline
N
I know someone bought a new GC1 in 2008 and paid around $18000 (no player).

So $10000 with a player doesn't sound that unreasonable to me. But I agree if the OP doesn't want or need a player then there should be better choices out there.

Re: 2006 GC1 with disklavier system [Re: inna_denver] #2895154 09/28/19 10:21 AM
PianoWorksATL Offline
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
In 2006, there was more than one disklavier option available for the GC1. One of those was the Mark IV which was actually more advanced than the later released E3 system. The current Enspire Pro is more on the level with the mechanical accuracy of the Mark IV, but with additional new improvements, tools, better connectivity, and a nicer interface.
Originally Posted by johnlewisgrant
If it is the Mark IV

If it is the older Mark III system, it may be partially upgradeable to the DKC850 (if still available) that more or less turned the Mark III into the E3. It is not upgradeable beyond that.

Whether it is a Mark III or Mark IV, you should expect to have some service done to still enjoy the player system. On a Mark IV, for example, you can add a wifi extender and then run Yamaha's app to control many of the entertainment functions with your phone or tablet.

jshelton...9 years ago, we were still deep in recession. For someone to buy a GC1 in 2006 (presumably for ~$15k then) and turn around 4 years later to sell for $5k is not in anyway typical. Congrats on your steal, but its not good context for the normal market.

In our local market, a new GC1 w/player sells for close to $30k. Applying typical depreciation for this situation gives you different numbers. While we don't sell many used GC1's, all the ones we have sold (without disklavier systems) from the mid-2000's, sold for $11k or more.

Can't inspect or confirm the condition of the one in the ad, but if it was very good to excellent, it would be below retail for our area.

Sam Bennett
PianoWorks - Atlanta Piano Dealer
Bösendorfer, Estonia, Seiler, Grotrian, Hailun
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta
Re: 2006 GC1 with disklavier system [Re: PianoWorksATL] #2895159 09/28/19 10:45 AM
jshelton Offline
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
Originally Posted by PianoWorksATL

jshelton...9 years ago, we were still deep in recession. For someone to buy a GC1 in 2006 (presumably for ~$15k then) and turn around 4 years later to sell for $5k is not in anyway typical. Congrats on your steal, but its not good context for the normal market.

I'll grant it was a good deal. The seller was upgrading to a GC1 with a player and all they would give him as a trade-in was $5000. Our tech serviced his piano and suggested he would sell it to us for the trade-in value since he knew the store would turn a nice profit on it. Nothing wrong with turning a profit but I suspect he just wanted to give a private person a great opportunity.

John Shelton
Shelton-Farretta Guitars
www.sheltonfarrettaguitars.com

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

ad
Rob Mullins Holiday Album
Rob Mullins Holiday Album

Rob is an amazing jazz pianist in LA,a composer, and a friend of mine.
Frank B. / Piano World
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Christmas Ornaments Music Theme
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Why are bridge pins so short?
by Ralphiano - 12/15/19 01:22 PM
What does a big grand do for you in your home?
by Beemer - 12/15/19 12:52 PM
Played a Clavinova at the PianoBuddies recital
by Rickster - 12/15/19 11:53 AM
Peter Lorre
by PhilipInChina - 12/15/19 11:40 AM
Roland FP60 vs Yamaha P515?
by Helvecio - 12/15/19 11:24 AM
What's Hot!!
Our August Newsletter is Out!
------------------
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour!

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics195,669
Posts2,901,822
Members95,249
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission