Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
109 registered members (36251, Andy Perkins, astrotoy, Beemer, AWilley, Animisha, AYS, 30 invisible), 1,408 guests, and 545 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: Mark_C] #2887315 09/05/19 03:48 PM
cmb13 Online Content
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Yeah, that's what I just said to Irina Lankova also! Wish you could come too, Sib!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items, digital piano dolly, music theme party goods
Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: cmb13] #2887318 09/05/19 04:07 PM
Tyrone Slothrop Offline
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by cmb13
Yeah, that's what I just said to Irina Lankova also! Wish you could come too, Sib!

Why? Have you and Irina Lankova progressed from mutual admiration to FFF (fast facebook friends) ?

across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2887355 09/05/19 05:57 PM
NobleHouse Offline
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
cmb13 and I are going to be attending this Stephen Hough performance on Saturday evening, April 18th @ 8:00PM at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC. If anyone else is going to be attending, let us know and we can all go chill in one of the members lounges:

National Symphony Orchestra: Langrée conducts Brahms's First / Hough plays Beethoven

National Symphony Orchestra
[quote]Louis Langrée, conductor *
Stephen Hough, piano
J. Wolfe: Fountain of Youth
Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 3
Brahms: Symphony No. 1

With its grand orchestration and stormy, romantic movements, Beethoven’s Third Piano Concerto is a vital precursor to the composer’s “heroic” middle-period style, which the NSO explores later this season in Beethoven at 250. Stephen Hough effortlessly conquers the concerto, which demands remarkable mastery and range of color from the soloist. Brahms’s radiant First Symphony and Julia Wolfe’s Fountain of Youth complete the program, making a thrilling NSO debut for conductor Louis Langrée, Music Director of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.

Lucky you 2!!

[Linked Image]
Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: NobleHouse] #2887362 09/05/19 06:09 PM
Tyrone Slothrop Offline
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by NobleHouse
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
cmb13 and I are going to be attending this Stephen Hough performance on Saturday evening, April 18th @ 8:00PM at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC. If anyone else is going to be attending, let us know and we can all go chill in one of the members lounges:

National Symphony Orchestra: Langrée conducts Brahms's First / Hough plays Beethoven

National Symphony Orchestra
[quote]Louis Langrée, conductor *
Stephen Hough, piano
J. Wolfe: Fountain of Youth
Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 3
Brahms: Symphony No. 1

With its grand orchestration and stormy, romantic movements, Beethoven’s Third Piano Concerto is a vital precursor to the composer’s “heroic” middle-period style, which the NSO explores later this season in Beethoven at 250. Stephen Hough effortlessly conquers the concerto, which demands remarkable mastery and range of color from the soloist. Brahms’s radiant First Symphony and Julia Wolfe’s Fountain of Youth complete the program, making a thrilling NSO debut for conductor Louis Langrée, Music Director of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.

Lucky you 2!!

And par for the course for people who live in D.C., it's the visitor from away who first finds out about this concert while the D.C. resident was clueless blush

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: Mark_C] #2887375 09/05/19 07:06 PM
cmb13 Online Content
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
No, we’re only friends in my imagination!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: Sibylle] #2887490 09/06/19 06:39 AM
H
Hank M Offline
H
Originally Posted by Sibylle
Holy sh*t!

Heads up everyone who was planning to hear the Beethoven sonatas from Kissin this coming season - they’re selling out many months in advance.

I checked out several of the European recitals in November, December, January and February, and the only one that had a halfway decent seat left (balcony, but at least not in the back on the right or something like that) was London in early February.

It’s only a week before I’ll be off to Vienna again, but I can’t miss this. Haven’t heard my favourite sonata live in literally decades

Just letting ye know... get your tickets if you were planning to.

Thankfully, I have my tickets for Kissin's Philadelphia recital in May. And good seats as well!

Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: Mark_C] #2887851 09/07/19 11:18 AM
SiFi Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
DC area residents: Beatrice Rana will be performing at the Terrace Theater in the Kennedy Center on May 12 at 7:30. Tickets available now! Thanks to fellow Beatrice fan ClsscLib for bringing this to my attention and purchasing tickets for us. Terrific program: Bach Italian Concerto, Schumann Sonata No. 3, Albeniz Iberia Book 3, and Stravinsky Petrouchka suite.

Details HERE

SRF
Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: Hank M] #2887893 09/07/19 01:51 PM
D
dumka1 Offline
D
Originally Posted by Hank M
Holy sh*t!

Heads up everyone who was planning to hear the Beethoven sonatas from Kissin this coming season - they’re selling out many months in advance.

Thankfully, I have my tickets for Kissin's Philadelphia recital in May. And good seats as well!

I'm thinking about getting tickets for his Chicago recital, also in May. Might be too late, though. It's just hard to plan that far in advance...

Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: dumka1] #2888286 09/08/19 03:02 PM
Sibylle Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Hank M
Holy sh*t!

I checked out several of the European recitals in November, December, January and February, and the only one that had a halfway decent seat left (balcony, but at least not in the back on the right or something like that) was London in early February.

It’s only a week before I’ll be off to Vienna again, but I can’t miss this. Haven’t heard my favourite sonata live in literally decades

Just letting ye know... get your tickets if you were planning to.

Looking forward to comparing notes with you smile

Originally Posted by dumka1

I'm thinking about getting tickets for his Chicago recital, also in May. Might be too late, though. It's just hard to plan that far in advance...

Dooooo eeeeet! You won't possibly regret this. And the way it looks, even if something completely unavoidable comes up, you'll have no trouble reselling the ticket(s).

Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." -Brendan Gill
Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: Mark_C] #2893024 09/22/19 09:49 AM
N
newport Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Not upcoming, but you can catch it in medici.tv Tsinandali Festival 2019

Last edited by newport; 09/22/19 09:50 AM.

Chopin Op, 24
Czerny Variation on a theme by Rode
Chopin Bolero
Schumann Piano Concerto / Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 5

Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: newport] #2893041 09/22/19 10:46 AM
NobleHouse Offline
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by newport
Not upcoming, but you can catch it in medici.tv Tsinandali Festival 2019

Sounds fun!

[Linked Image]
Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: Mark_C] #2893633 09/24/19 08:17 AM
R
Rania Offline
R
Is anyone from or in Budapest and has experience with the Bela Bartok hall? I am here for a couple of days and want to attend a concert tomorrow, "Three Works by Bartok" (Two Portraits, op. 5, 3rd piano concerto with Dezső Ránki, and Bluebeard's Castle). It is sold out, but I read that the hall includes a designated standing area. I wrote the hall and got no response- has anyone done standing tickets there? If yes, how early does one need to be there?

"Love has to be the starting point- love of music. It is one of my firmest convictions that love always produces some knowledge, while knowledge only rarely produces something similar to love."
Arthur Schnabel

Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: Mark_C] #2897455 10/06/19 01:16 AM
Y
yammyp515 Offline
Y
@Mark_C:

Off topic note:

Wanted to follow up to my previous posts so you would know that I do now own the AvantGrand N2 (best hybrid digital piano currently available) and also the Yamaha P-515 (just recently acquired and is the reason for the new member name) along with the older Yamaha Clavinova CLP-990 that dates from 2001 and received it from a New York, NY seller, here -- in this thread:

Yamaha Clavinova CLP-990M

The other Baldwin SF-10 grand piano purchased from Greg Kottmann (at Piano Pros in West Chester, OH) had to be sold after encountering issues with legs that had a stability problem (as the piano wobbled when played) and required replacement and there were old bass strings that were quite "tubby" sounding -- this turned out to be quite enough disappointment to sell the piano and move on.

All current digital(s) play and sound better than that Baldwin SF-10 grand piano!

Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: Mark_C] #2897498 10/06/19 04:05 AM
dogperson Offline
Silver Subscriber
4000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
4000 Post Club Member
Yammy
How many different threads do you need to post the same OT message about the pianos you now own? I’m sure Mark has seen your personal OT message by now or will soon since you have posted this three times.

Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: Mark_C] #2897576 10/06/19 11:18 AM
SiFi Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I wish there was a thread for upcoming UNimportant concerts! In any event, if you live or work in DC and want to take a break from said life/work, I’ll be performing some Liszt in a lunchtime recital at Calvary Baptist Church in Chinatown this coming Friday, October 11, at noon. Program to include the mighty Vallee d’Obermann. Admission is free, but with a suggested (i.e. mandatory) donation. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

SRF
Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: SiFi] #2897590 10/06/19 11:53 AM
NobleHouse Offline
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by SiFi
I wish there was a thread for upcoming UNimportant concerts! In any event, if you live or work in DC and want to take a break from said life/work, I’ll be performing some Liszt in a lunchtime recital at Calvary Baptist Church in Chinatown this coming Friday, October 11, at noon. Program to include the mighty Vallee d’Obermann. Admission is free, but with a suggested (i.e. mandatory) donation. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I sure wish I could attend.

[Linked Image]
Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: SiFi] #2897603 10/06/19 12:19 PM
Mark_C Offline OP
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I wish there was a thread for upcoming UNimportant concerts!....

Well, since I'm the one who said the word, I can tell you that it includes your concerts. grin

Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: SiFi] #2897605 10/06/19 12:23 PM
Tyrone Slothrop Offline
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member

I think it may be time to catch up on your piano progress. I will likely come since it is 0.5 miles from me - a 10 mins walk.

Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: SiFi] #2897608 10/06/19 12:30 PM
dogperson Offline
Silver Subscriber
4000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
4000 Post Club Member

You obvious didn’t get memo:
Performances by PW members are ALWAYS important 😊

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
" I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It’s ok to be a Work In Progress
Re: Thread alerting us about upcoming important concerts? [Re: Mark_C] #2897655 10/06/19 02:31 PM
cmb13 Online Content
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Wish I could be there !

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Brendan, Kreisler 

ad
Rob Mullins Holiday Album
Rob Mullins Holiday Album

Rob is an amazing jazz pianist in LA,a composer, and a friend of mine.
Frank B. / Piano World
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Christmas Ornaments Music Theme
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Played a Clavinova at the PianoBuddies recital
by Rickster - 12/15/19 11:53 AM
Peter Lorre
by PhilipInChina - 12/15/19 11:40 AM
Roland FP60 vs Yamaha P515?
by Helvecio - 12/15/19 11:24 AM
MyDexibell has no sound on my B key
by pianomike - 12/15/19 09:12 AM
Bach Inventions
by cmb13 - 12/15/19 08:52 AM
What's Hot!!
Our August Newsletter is Out!
------------------
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour!

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics195,669
Posts2,901,822
Members95,249
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission