Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
91 registered members (anotherscott, AlphaBravoCharlie, Boboulus, Blague, Bill McKaig,RPT, Beowulf, Antihero, 36251, 21 invisible), 2,021 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: Tenor1] #2892288
09/20/19 09:42 AM
09/20/19 09:42 AM
Not too far North of Los Angel...
L
Learux Offline

500 Post Club Member
Learux  Offline

500 Post Club Member
L

Not too far North of Los Angel...
Pete how about you start contributing meaningful content to the site?

Silly, mostly negative one liners have a place on the internet, a serious piano forum is not one of them.

You even admit that you are trying to derail, if I was a moderator you would get a 14 day suspension for wasting bandwidth.

There is plenty of sites where you can troll to your heart's content,this is not one of them.

Have a great week-end

When you play, never mind who listens to you. R.Schumann.

Casio GP-400
Schimmel SP-182T
(ad) SWEETWATER Lowest Prices
Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: Tenor1] #2892298
09/20/19 10:00 AM
P
Pete14 Online content
1000 Post Club Member
Pete14  Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
P

Was it something I said?

Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: PianoStartsAt33] #2892299
A
AlphaBravoCharlie Online content
AlphaBravoCharlie  Online Content
A

Originally Posted by PianoStartsAt33
Looks like an attempt to attract some attention to your person, IMHO. Couldn't you ask forum technicians using direct messages? Or just forget about the forum and don not care of it and your account anymore?

+1
I believe offense is taken, not given. If we don't want to 'hurt' somebody, we should never say a word about anything. I hate being around people who cannot take a poke.

Ars non habet osorem nisi ignorantem
Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: Tenor1] #2892313
09/20/19 10:54 AM
09/20/19 10:54 AM
Hobart, Australia
A
ando Offline
5000 Post Club Member
ando  Offline
5000 Post Club Member
A

Hobart, Australia
I'm reposting this from Tenor1's thread because I think it bears repeating:

I think most people appreciate a good joke or some good-natured ribbing, but this place is starting to resemble an asylum. I can easily see how the more earnest types and those whose English isn't 100% would have a lot of trouble here. The sarcasm and irony is lost on a lot of people. So in the spirit of inclusion, I think some guys should dial it down. This forum is primarily for piano-lovers and the discussion of topics started by thread-starters - not an audience for people to try to prove they are the smartest person in the room or the biggest wise-guy. Whilst we all expect threads to run off topic eventually, it's pretty disrespectful to be actively trying to run them into the ground at the first opportunity. These threads don't get back on track, and are essentially lost to the forum. I don't think that's in anyone's interest - even to the wise-guys. So how about exercising a bit of restraint and don't drive people away, hey? And if you think I'm referring to you in this post, I probably am. It's a very small club I'm addressing here. And no, it's not CG.

Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: Tenor1] #2892314
09/20/19 10:55 AM
09/20/19 10:55 AM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
7000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Northern England.
Originally Posted by Tenor1
How do I close my membership here and delete my profile from the database? This is such a hostile negative environment that I don’t want to be part of it.

Don't do it! Don't jump!

Verbal pugilistics are the lifeblood of any website. Pianists, piano players, musicians in general are mentally attuned to this if they've worked in bands. You throw 'em together, they fight for pre-eminence. Perhaps even survival.
So the music becomes great (even if the musicians aren't) because adrenalin flows through it.
What's not to like?
My piano was the butt of some comments here (DGX) but I played my best stuff on that. . . . because I (capital) liked it! So it had to be good or I wouldn't have bought it.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: Tenor1] #2892318
09/20/19 11:07 AM
09/20/19 11:07 AM
San Pedro, California
T
Tenor1 Offline OP
Tenor1  Offline OP
T

San Pedro, California
Hi All, I’m jumping back in to clarify my position. I don’t feel personally attracted or offended by all the very enthusiastic contributions to my threads. My first threads actual asked for opinions and that’s what I got in spades, lol. Summing up the good advice given was to not put a lot of money into my old piano and to audition as many DP’s that I could. That is MUCH harder to do than it sounds even though I live in Southern California. I then found that Casio has the Bechstein sampling and that is what pretty much sold me. I wish an old acoustic upright Bechstein was available. That’s what I would really like. But these are so rare in this area. A member here alerted me to a dealer that sells the Kawai CA-98 and many people highly recommended it over the Casio. The Kawai was even a better price than the Casio. But it would never sound like a Bechstein.

I had NEVER touched a DP in my life and thought if I actually tried one I would not like it over an acoustic piano. Well I tried the Casio and was quite impressed. I had made an appointment to try the Kawai, which is near some family in Beverly Hills. So it was lunch with them before tying the piano. But I canceled the appointment because at best it would still be a Kawai and I am very happy with my choice.

My issue with the forum is the lack of moderator intervention when a thread goes way off the original topic. Every time I open a thread regarding the Casio most of the responses are against it’s use of the word hybrid and misleading promotion of the instrument. In fact I agree with everyone on this issue. Some members said they tried the Casio and was not impressed as much as other makers and I can understand and appreciate that type of feedback. But for me, it plays like the old Bechstein’s from my childhood.

It would be nice to converse with other Casio owners and compare settings they use. But it’s almost impossible since the Casio haters wait for any opportunity to pounce, lol.

The next thing I want to investigate is using an iPad for music. Many of my books are so aged that it would be nice to have the music on an iPad. Many of my books are no longer in print being close to 100 years old. But the majority is just common repertoire.

Good luck to all you,

Carlos Marques
Recorder Player/Singer
Back to playing piano
Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: Tenor1] #2892327
09/20/19 11:30 AM
09/20/19 11:30 AM
Finland
C
clothearednincompo Offline
1000 Post Club Member
clothearednincompo  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
C

Finland
It would be nice to converse with other Casio owners and compare settings they use. But it’s almost impossible since the Casio haters wait for any opportunity to pounce, lol.

Not saying you are not welcome (anymore) here, but there's also: https://www.casiomusicforums.com/

smile

Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: clothearednincompo] #2892335
09/20/19 12:01 PM
09/20/19 12:01 PM
San Pedro, California
T
Tenor1 Offline OP
Tenor1  Offline OP
T

San Pedro, California

Not saying you are not welcome (anymore) here, but there's also: https://www.casiomusicforums.com/

smile
[/quote]

WOW, I just found my people, lol. Thanks SO MUCH for the link!

Carlos Marques
Recorder Player/Singer
Back to playing piano
Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: Tenor1] #2892337
09/20/19 12:18 PM
09/20/19 12:18 PM
Celestis
Granyala Offline
500 Post Club Member
Granyala  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Celestis
How do I close my membership here and delete my profile from the database? This is such a hostile negative environment that I don’t want to be part of it.

Deleting a user and his posts is exceedingly simple to do so as admin.
So contact the site administrator and ask him to delete your profile and your posts.

Whether he will oblige you is a whole other matter.

The backbone of modern industrial society is, and for the foreseeable future will be, the use of electrical Power.
VPC 1 -> Pianoteq 6 Std | Garritan CFX / Pearl Alto Flute 201
Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: Tenor1] #2892342
09/20/19 12:27 PM
09/20/19 12:27 PM
Sofia, Bulgaria
CyberGene Online content
4000 Post Club Member
CyberGene  Online Content
4000 Post Club Member

Sofia, Bulgaria
Saying you never liked Kawai acoustic pianos and thus you won’t like a Kawai digital, or you like Bechstein pianos and so you want the Casio is the same as bashing Casio pianos because they are a calculator company. What goes around, comes around. It’s all biased and prejudiced opinion. And it’s not even bad BTW smile It’s democracy after all. I still think you’re overreacting a bit.

Last edited by CyberGene; 09/20/19 12:34 PM.

My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Currently: Yamaha N1X, DIY hybrid controller -> Garritan CFX
Previously: NU1X, ES7, MP6, CA63, RD-700SX, CDP-100, FP-5, P90, SP-200
Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: Tenor1] #2892348
09/20/19 12:53 PM
09/20/19 12:53 PM
USA
J
JJHLH Offline
JJHLH  Offline
J

USA

The next thing I want to investigate is using an iPad for music. Many of my books are so aged that it would be nice to have the music on an iPad. Many of my books are no longer in print being close to 100 years old. But the majority is just common repertoire.

Definitely try this! The 12.9 inch iPad Pro along with the forScore app is perfect for music. The crop function of the app gets rid of unnecessary margins so the scores are super easy to read, even better than sheet music (I started out with sheet music). Plus you can play in dimly lit environments without straining your eyes. With the Apple Pencil you can make annotations for fingering etc. I can’t recommend this combination highly enough.

Best of luck!

Yamaha N1X, P-515. Garritan CFX. Genelec 8331 monitors.
Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: Grazilerimba] #2892352
09/20/19 12:58 PM
09/20/19 12:58 PM
S
slobajudge Offline
500 Post Club Member
slobajudge  Offline
500 Post Club Member
S

Originally Posted by Grazilerimba
Let me use this opportunity to apologize to propianist, karvala and slobajudge (and everyone else who I've forgotten) for a couple of spicy comments towards them. My writing was a bit pretentious a couple of years ago, nowadays I think I'm more relaxed, and while there's still things I feel strongly about, I have gotten better at articulating them in a more friendly and respectable way (I hope).

Other than this I think this is definitely one of the more friendly places on the internet. There's a genuine sense of belonging here, anyone else feel that way? I feel like this is a great place and feel right at home whenever I come here. On the other hand, I don't read too many threads about hardware so I might have missed out on some bad stuff. I certainly don't know what the OP is talking about so it looks like I've been missing quite a lot.

Now you starting some positive energy Grazilerimba, in that time we was full of unnecessary tension, so thank you, and I apologize to you if anything bad comes from my words. From that time I really avoid to participate in any kind of bad confrontations mostly about VST and I try to positively contribute. Now from time to time I have wish to strangle CyberGene hahaha (It is also not personal CG hehe smile ), but I take deep breath and voila, peace. I fully understand Tenor1, because couple of years ago I also wanted to leave. So I hope that Tenor1 will be change his decision. Now we are all happy big family. Cheers to all !

Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: CyberGene] #2892357
09/20/19 01:08 PM
09/20/19 01:08 PM
Denmark
QuasiUnaFantasia Offline
QuasiUnaFantasia  Offline

Denmark
Originally Posted by CyberGene
Saying you never liked Kawai acoustic pianos and thus you won’t like a Kawai digital, or you like Bechstein pianos and so you want the Casio is the same as bashing Casio pianos because they are a calculator company.

The way I see it, the situation it not like that. The one says "I don't like X, so I won't buy X". The anti-Casio crowd goes further: "I don't like Casio, the #$@&%*!? sons of #$@&%*!?, so YOU shouldn't buy it." There is so much venom in the anti-Casio crowds words, that the wrath of the proverbial scorned woman comes to mind. It's plain weird.

Roland FP-30, Roland E-28, Pianoteq 6.5 (Bechstein DG, Grotrian, Steinway D, K2), Garritan CFX Lite
Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: QuasiUnaFantasia] #2892361
09/20/19 01:15 PM
09/20/19 01:15 PM
48-49 High Street (WI, USA)
T
TheophilusCarter Online content
TheophilusCarter  Online Content
T

48-49 High Street (WI, USA)
Originally Posted by QuasiUnaFantasia
Saying you never liked Kawai acoustic pianos and thus you won’t like a Kawai digital, or you like Bechstein pianos and so you want the Casio is the same as bashing Casio pianos because they are a calculator company.

The way I see it, the situation it not like that. The one says "I don't like X, so I won't buy X". The anti-Casio crowd goes further: "I don't like Casio, the #$@&%*!? sons of #$@&%*!?, so YOU shouldn't buy it." There is so much venom in the anti-Casio crowds words, that the wrath of the proverbial scorned woman comes to mind. It's plain weird.

Indeed. Very weird. It reminds me of middle-school girls arguing about what brand of designer jeans are best: "If you buy those, you're stupid and your butt looks big!!!" laugh

I also get tired of all the "Get a teacher" and "Try it yourself" responses. Yes. OF COURSE. Yes. But in the meantime, this is an internet discussion forum devoted to piano, so can we, you: DISCUSS PIANO?!?!

Decent upright bassist, aspiring decent pianist
Casio PX-160, Casio CDP-130
Roland KC-80
Pianoteq 6 Stage (used with Pearl MalletStation)
Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: Tenor1] #2892373
09/20/19 01:50 PM
09/20/19 01:50 PM
Greater Chicago Metro Area
E
EPW Offline
500 Post Club Member
EPW  Offline
500 Post Club Member
E

Greater Chicago Metro Area
If for some reason Tenor1 you go Android route. Check out Mobilesheets on Google Play store. Probably the best one out for Android. They also have a version for Windows 10 too. I use Musicreader 5 for Windows 10. It is still in last stage of Beta. I like it on my 24" monitor two page spread. My eyesight is not very good. There are quite a few choices out there but for iPad ForScore is the leader.

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: Tenor1] #2892375
09/20/19 01:53 PM
09/20/19 01:53 PM
SouthWest Michigan
R
Roger Ransom Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Roger Ransom  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
R

SouthWest Michigan
Not my favorite place either. I rarely even read it any more.

Laugh More
Yamaha G7 - Roland FP7 - Roland FP80
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: JJHLH] #2892383
09/20/19 02:30 PM
09/20/19 02:30 PM
England
Lillith Offline
Lillith  Offline

England
Originally Posted by JJHLH

Definitely try this! The 12.9 inch iPad Pro along with the forScore app is perfect for music. The crop function of the app gets rid of unnecessary margins so the scores are super easy to read, even better than sheet music (I started out with sheet music). Plus you can play in dimly lit environments without straining your eyes. With the Apple Pencil you can make annotations for fingering etc. I can’t recommend this combination highly enough.

Best of luck!

+1 for the iPad Pro 12.9 inch - it's excellent (though expensive)
I use Piascore instead of Forscore, but understand both are roughly equivalent.
Interestingly I discovered the crop feature to remove excess margins and make the notes bigger only the other day, quite by accident!
That's what comes of not reading the manual!

Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?
Roland FP30 in white
Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: JJHLH] #2892391
09/20/19 02:48 PM
09/20/19 02:48 PM
Tyrone Slothrop Online content
Tyrone Slothrop  Online Content

7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by JJHLH

Best of luck!

I am using this configuration. I also recommend a page turning pedal. It makes it even more usable.

across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: JJHLH] #2892404
09/20/19 03:26 PM
09/20/19 03:26 PM
San Pedro, California
T
Tenor1 Offline OP
Tenor1  Offline OP
T

San Pedro, California
I’ve got a12.9” iPad Pro with over 120GB of available space. I only read the newspaper with it. I was thinking that getting a bluetooth foot pad and the pencil also. I was looking at Virtual Music.com for their subscription. It’s only $38 a year.

Best of luck!
[/quote]

Carlos Marques
Recorder Player/Singer
Back to playing piano
Re: How Do I End My Membership and Delete My Profile? [Re: TheophilusCarter] #2892406
09/20/19 03:29 PM
09/20/19 03:29 PM
San Pedro, California
T
Tenor1 Offline OP
Tenor1  Offline OP
T

San Pedro, California
Originally Posted by TheophilusCarter
Originally Posted by QuasiUnaFantasia

Indeed. Very weird. It reminds me of middle-school girls arguing about what brand of designer jeans are best: "If you buy those, you're stupid and your butt looks big!!!" laugh

I also get tired of all the "Get a teacher" and "Try it yourself" responses. Yes. OF COURSE. Yes. But in the meantime, this is an internet discussion forum devoted to piano, so can we, you: DISCUSS PIANO?!?!

I love your sense of humor.

Carlos Marques
Recorder Player/Singer
Back to playing piano
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Piano World 

(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Key up velocity and key up position
by KevinM. 11/22/19 07:18 AM
Yamaha P-515 with subwoofer
by Boboulus. 11/22/19 02:55 AM
Cliburn 2020 Information and Alerts
by SiFi. 11/22/19 01:20 AM
Cliburn 2000 Alerts and Info
by SiFi. 11/22/19 12:54 AM
What's Hot!!
Our August Newsletter is Out!
------------------
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour!

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics195,252
Posts2,893,712
Members95,037
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission