My apologies if this has been treated before. I am new to the DP forum as I am an acoustic piano technician, but am also interested in upgrading my current DP that I use in addition to my real instrument.
So, does anyone have an opinion on the XS8? Would it be a wise purchase at around $1500-$1700 at this point or wound I be better off putting the money elsewhere? I say "at this point" due to the fact that it is long out of production. My current unit is a Yamaha DGX-500...even longer out of production as well as technologically way behind the curve. It has served me pretty well for quite a few years but I'm beginning to want more.
If there is a thread somewhere that this has already been discussed ad nauseum, perhaps it can be pointed out to me to peruse.
I think what would be useful to us is if you reply with a list of the following:
1) Preferred budget and what you'd be prepared to stretch to if necessary
2) What you intend to use the board for
3) Any specific functionality you want
4) Specify if you are going to use it in a static location or move around with it a lot.
5) How much you value piano action.
6) How willing you are to buy in the used market.
If you return with some answers to these questions, we could then assess the XS8 to those needs and if it doesn't really fit, offer alternative.