Although I have several portable speakers (e.g., Roland Street Cube EX with Jensen Mod 20 speakers that I installed), none of them sound great for acoustic piano on a digital piano.

I currently have a Bose S1 on trial and it's the closest I've found; about 13 pounds, built-in battery. For $600, it oddly lacks a mid-range control, but has bass and treble. The bass is especially impressive. I'm not sure how long the battery lasts in the real world. I prefer easy to swap rechargeable AAs....

I've actually recently busked with it, and it blows the Roland out of the water. I waited with baited breath for the police, but oddly, they never arrived.

Has anybody successfully actually used this thing on gigs? If so, what are your thoughts / comments / experiences?

Thanks!

"Music Is Inherently Evanescent. Once You Play It, It's Gone In The Air" ~ Eric Dolphy

Selmer Mark VI Tenor Saxophone (1973), Selmer Mark VI Alto Saxophone (1956), Yamaha YSS-62 Soprano Saxophone (1987), Yamaha WX5 Wind Synth (2013), Kawai 11, Casio PX5S, Roland VR-09, Hammond E-112 (1969).