Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
71 registered members (Andymania, Arty Movie, ChuckSWLA, Ankee, clothearednincompo, chara, BeeZee4, atamgp, beeboss, 13 invisible), 1,104 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 81 of 81 1 2 79 80 81
Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" [Re: Horwinkle] #2890067
09/13/19 06:21 PM
09/13/19 06:21 PM
V
Volusiano Offline
500 Post Club Member
Volusiano  Offline
500 Post Club Member
V

I don't think we owe it to the dealer to get their permission to list their name or not. But having said that, you still want to be on good terms of the dealer because you still depend on them for warranty if something goes wrong.

As long as you list the local area where you bought your piano, it's plenty enough information to figure out who the local dealers are. There are usually not that many piano dealers to begin with in a local area. If one really wants, one can google the list of local dealers in that area and offer them the same price as listed on this thread and see if any will bite or not. It's simple as that.

(ad) SWEETWATER Lowest Prices
Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" [Re: Horwinkle] #2890078
09/13/19 07:30 PM
09/13/19 07:30 PM
G
Gombessa Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Gombessa  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
G

The name doesn't mean much to me unless I'm buying online-shipped. In reality, when I buy, I'm probably not buying from any dealer people report here, I'll probably buy locally. But I want to know what the going rate is (currently and over time) so I know what to offer/accept.

Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11 || Kawai NV-10
Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" [Re: Horwinkle] #2890090
09/13/19 08:29 PM
09/13/19 08:29 PM
Greater Chicago Metro Area
E
EPW Offline
500 Post Club Member
EPW  Offline
500 Post Club Member
E

Greater Chicago Metro Area
I agree gombessa. I think it is good we have the list to get a ball park range. I have been in so many piano stores where no prices are listed and they go back to a sheet. Feel like I'm being bent over backwards trying to buy piano!

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" [Re: Volusiano] #2890120
09/13/19 11:58 PM
09/13/19 11:58 PM
Raleigh, North Carolina
MacMacMac Offline
9000 Post Club Member
MacMacMac  Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Raleigh, North Carolina
This does not matter because the dealer does not honor the warranty.
Originally Posted by Volusiano
... you still want to be on good terms of the dealer because you still depend on them for warranty if something goes wrong.
Yamaha honors the warranty. In an metro area it's easy enough to find a Yamaha-trained tech to handle warranty (and after-warranty) repairs. The dealer doesn't lift a finger for you.

Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" [Re: Horwinkle] #2890126
09/14/19 12:39 AM
09/14/19 12:39 AM
V
Volusiano Offline
500 Post Club Member
Volusiano  Offline
500 Post Club Member
V

I suppose you're right. The default thinking is to call up the dealer, but you can just call up Yamaha support and they can find a local tech to come to your house to service the warranty.

Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" [Re: MacMacMac] #2890127
09/14/19 12:43 AM
09/14/19 12:43 AM
Tyrone Slothrop Offline
Tyrone Slothrop  Offline

7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by MacMacMac
This does not matter because the dealer does not honor the warranty.
Originally Posted by Volusiano
... you still want to be on good terms of the dealer because you still depend on them for warranty if something goes wrong.
Yamaha honors the warranty. In an metro area it's easy enough to find a Yamaha-trained tech to handle warranty (and after-warranty) repairs. The dealer doesn't lift a finger for you.

I was told by my Yamaha dealer in the Washington DC metro area, that he is / they are the first point of contact. That is, if there is a problem with my piano, I am to contact him/them first and he/they will either send a technician or he/they will discuss with Yamaha. He didn't exactly forbid me from contacting Yamaha directly for problems, but he also didn't lay out any scenario where I would contact Yamaha instead of him/them. He specifically said he has an acoustical piano technician on-staff that has a certification in Avantgrand maintenance and that this particular technician would come and service my piano if the necessity arose.

This concerns my N1X. I don't know if it would have been different if I had instead bought a pure digital Yamaha from him. I also don't know if this applies to all Yamaha dealers, or, for example, only those like him who have a certified technician.

across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" [Re: Horwinkle] #2890140
09/14/19 01:59 AM
09/14/19 01:59 AM
V
Volusiano Offline
500 Post Club Member
Volusiano  Offline
500 Post Club Member
V

Well, a plausible scenario is that if you call up Yamaha directly to request warranty support, they may ask where you buy your AG from and tell you to contact the dealer whom you bought it from for support as your first point of contact anyway. In this case, even if you managed to make your dealer unhappy, they're still obligated to arrange for warranty support for you on your behalf. But maybe they won't make it easy for you by making you wait longer or being more strict with you about whether the issue you're having falls under the warranty or not, and giving you the run-around, etc.

When my first N3 was just a couple of months past its 5 year warranty, one of the transducer went bad. I didn't go back to my dealer so I googled up Yamaha support and ended up with a phone number based out of CA (I'm in AZ but I guess the nearest support location for me is in CA). I met with a lady on the phone and asked her if I could buy a new transducer from them to replace it myself. She asked about my warranty and I said it just expired a couple of months ago. She felt bad and was willing to ship a new transducer out to me for free. That part costs almost $200. Needless to say, I was grateful.

The point here is that I guess you can try either way -> contact the dealer or try to contact Yamaha directly. But given that Yamaha doesn't allow the AvantGrand warranty to be transferable, it's very possible that Yamaha may push back and make you go back to your local dealer for service, just so that the dealer can verify the paperwork to make sure that you're the original owner for the warranty to be valid.

Last edited by Volusiano; 09/14/19 02:01 AM.
Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" [Re: Horwinkle] #2890165
09/14/19 06:18 AM
09/14/19 06:18 AM
Raleigh, North Carolina
MacMacMac Offline
9000 Post Club Member
MacMacMac  Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Raleigh, North Carolina
When a tech arrived to repair mine under warranty he asked to see the purchase invoice so that he could process the warranty claim. So keep your paperwork, people.

I bought the piano from Piano Music Center in Hallandale Beach, FL. I had no trouble with them at all, but I also had no dealings with them after the sale.

For those of you in south Florida, the repair tech for a wide swath of that region is Mark Bruce, sole operator of Adam's Organ Service at adamsorgans.com
He friendly and he does good work. He performed a warranty repair for me.

Years later I had occasion to call Yamaha parts in California (several times) for replacement parts after warranty. The people there are casual and friendly, and the conversation goes beyond taking parts order.

One time I mentioned Adam's Organ and the rep said that she knows of him. Apparently he's well thought of. And she's aware that he keeps up-to-date with the Yamaha tech training, confirming what he told me himself.

As a side action when doing repairs I like to take time and lube the keys. This is not difficult to do (but be prepared to remove lots of screws).
There have been multiple discussions here about which lube to use. Yamaha has the right lube, and they sell it by the pound ... for around $150! That's enough lube to work on a thousand pianos.
Not yet knowing that, I asked to buy some ... and was granted a free small jar of the lube. This "jar" contained only fraction of an ounce, but it was enough to lube the keys at least twice.
They've done that with both of my parts orders. It must be a routine practice.

@Volusiano: Getting a free 'ducer after warranty expiration is a nice sign. And they didn't even ask for evidence that the original part was defective? Even nicer.
I guess the cost of the part is, to them, just "soft money". They're perhaps less likely to grant a warranty claim outside the rules. Paying an independent tech is "hard money", right?

They would not do so in my case. The first claim (loud, uncontrollable note) was covered under warranty.
As second claim (similar problem, this time caused by "foreign material" under the sensor) was not covered. The tech got around $150.

Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" [Re: Horwinkle] #2890963
09/16/19 12:34 PM
09/16/19 12:34 PM
L
Luks Offline
Luks  Offline
L

USER LOCATION: Argentina
MAKE: Casio
MODEL: Celviano AP-470 BK
CONDITION: New
PRICE PAID: $1450 (Final price. Taxes in Argentina are very high...)
DELIVERY CHARGE: Free
VENDOR LOCATION: Argentina, Entre RĂ­os, Parana
VENDOR NAME: The Music Store
PURCHASE DATE: 16/09/2019

Last edited by Luks; 09/16/19 12:35 PM.
Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" [Re: Luks] #2892639
09/21/19 11:23 AM
09/21/19 11:23 AM
Beijing, China
A
Aristede Offline
Aristede  Offline
A

Beijing, China
USER LOCATION: Beijing, China
MAKE: Yahama
MODEL: N1X
PRICE PAID: $7300 (approx. 51, 750 RMB)
DELIVERY CHARGE: $0
VENDOR LOCATION: Beijing, China
VENDOR NAME: Jiang Jie Piano City
PURCHASE DATE: September 14, 2019

The piano was also assembled for me for free and all of the packaging was taken away.

Yamaha N1X
Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" [Re: Horwinkle] #2897063
10/04/19 01:47 PM
10/04/19 01:47 PM
S
solo8 Offline
solo8  Offline
S

USER LOCATION: Houston, Texas
MAKE: Kawai
MODEL: CA48
PRICE PAID: $1662
DELIVERY CHARGE: Included
VENDOR LOCATION: New York
VENDOR NAME: Adorama.com
PURCHASE DATE: 24Sep2019

Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" [Re: solo8] #2899319
10/11/19 04:49 PM
10/11/19 04:49 PM
J
JakAHearts Offline
JakAHearts  Offline
J

Originally Posted by solo8

Wow! Thats a crazy good deal. How did you negotiate that price from across the continent?

Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" [Re: Horwinkle] #2899356
10/11/19 06:50 PM
10/11/19 06:50 PM
N
navindra Offline
navindra  Offline
N

Originally Posted by JakAHearts

Wow! Thats a crazy good deal. How did you negotiate that price from across the continent?

As far as I know, you don't negotiate with Adorama. You just wait for a promo or use a coupon on Adorama.com.

Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" [Re: navindra] #2899390
10/11/19 10:02 PM
10/11/19 10:02 PM
S
solo8 Offline
solo8  Offline
S

Originally Posted by navindra

As far as I know, you don't negotiate with Adorama. You just wait for a promo or use a coupon on Adorama.com.

Navindra is partly correct. I got a great sale price but not directly at Adorama. The sale price ($1749) was advertised by discountbandit.com, which is a "deal broker", not a retailer. They must have a pre-arrangement where Adorama (the retailer) would honor the sale price Discount Bandit advertised. At the time, Adorama's price was, and still is $2099. Discount Bandit took a small cut and Adorama charged $1661.95 to my credit card. (A headphone was included too, but that was a minor item.)

Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" [Re: solo8] #2899415
10/12/19 01:19 AM
10/12/19 01:19 AM
Tyrone Slothrop Offline
Tyrone Slothrop  Offline

7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by navindra
Navindra is partly correct. I got a great sale price but not directly at Adorama. The sale price ($1749) was advertised by discountbandit.com, which is a "deal broker", not a retailer. They must have a pre-arrangement where Adorama (the retailer) would honor the sale price Discount Bandit advertised. At the time, Adorama's price was, and still is $2099. Discount Bandit took a small cut and Adorama charged $1661.95 to my credit card. (A headphone was included too, but that was a minor item.)

Cool! That's like 3rd party coupons! I've bookmarked that site. Thanks! thumb

across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" [Re: Horwinkle] #2901041
10/16/19 11:07 PM
10/16/19 11:07 PM
Newfoundland, Canada
C
camperbc Offline
camperbc  Offline
C

Newfoundland, Canada
USER LOCATION: Newfoundland, Canada
MAKE: Casio
MODEL: Privia PX-870
PRICE PAID: $1,609.94 CAD (incl 15% sales tax)
DELIVERY CHARGE: $101.70 CAD (remote destination fee)
VENDOR LOCATION: Online
VENDOR NAME: Fleet Pro Sound and Lighting (www.FleetSound.com)
PURCHASE DATE: October, 2019

The Casio Privia-series digital pianos are a bit more costly here than in the USA. The PX-870 retails in the states for $999US. In Canada they sell for $1,399CAD. (works out to $1,059US) So it costs about $60US ($79CAD) more in Canada. The high shipping fee is a result of our living in a very remote location. This $101.70CAD was actually just half of what it cost to ship... the store subsidized $104CAD of the remote shipping fee to close the deal.

So, the total price for the PX-870 digital piano, plus an "On-Stage KB8902B" piano bench, and an "Auray M-LED18-CL" music stand light, (including all shipping/taxes) was $1,928.63 CAD. (or $1,461.00 US)

Page 81 of 81 1 2 79 80 81

Moderated by  Piano World 

(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Igor Levit Beethoven Cycle now posted on YouTube
by BeeZee4. 10/19/19 03:13 AM
Dave Frank Concert in Budapest 10/3/19
by Dfrankjazz. 10/19/19 01:57 AM
Nice legs!
by Retsacnal. 10/18/19 07:15 PM
What's Hot!!
Our August Newsletter is Out!
------------------
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour!

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics194,602
Posts2,880,835
Members94,709
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission