2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
56 members (Beowulf, computron, Bill McKaig,RPT, akc42, ArtPulis, 36251, clothearednincompo, 17 invisible), 502 guests, and 501 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21
Re: Pianist magazine
Pianoperformance #2887481 09/06/19 04:51 AM
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 3,786
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Offline
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 3,786
Frank Baxter owns and manages the site.

The main page lists his contact info as:
webmaster@pianoworld.com
Phone: 207 793-2524
Or send a private message to Piano World

He states email is preferred.
Thank you - we appreciate this!!!


Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Pianist magazine
Pianist magazine #2887530 09/06/19 08:15 AM
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 29
S
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
S
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 29
There is also information on advertising here:

https://pianoworld.com/advertising/

Re: Pianist magazine
Pianist magazine #2887543 09/06/19 09:56 AM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,450
W
1000 Post Club Member
Offline
1000 Post Club Member
W
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,450
Originally Posted by Pianist magazine
Great question! Unfortunately, we don't currently offer bundle pricing. However, we are in the process of creating a brand-new big series of piano lessons, and we will offer them all for one price. So, whilst we don't currently offer it now, we are hoping to in the future!


Hi Pianist magazine, at what level will this "brand-new big series of piano lessons" be targeted?

On another note, I've always wanted a publication of scores just for beginners, like you already have for intermediate and advanced players. Any chance one might be in the works?

Thanks.

Last edited by WeakLeftHand; 09/06/19 09:57 AM.

Kawai K-500
Casio PX-735 (in retirement)
Re: Pianist magazine
Pianist magazine #2887578 09/06/19 11:40 AM
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 246
E
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
E
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 246
Originally Posted by Pianist magazine

Yes, we do still have a digital offer on for those outside of the UK. You can find it here - https://pocketmags.com/offer/warners-group/pia20sale


Thanks! I finally subscribed smile

Re: Pianist magazine
Pianoperformance #2888600 09/09/19 12:12 PM
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 183
T
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
T
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 183
Has somebody tried to convert the digital magazine into pdf?
Is it possible?

Re: Pianist magazine
tirta #2888657 09/09/19 05:06 PM
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 599
P
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
P
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 599
Originally Posted by tirta
Has somebody tried to convert the digital magazine into pdf?
Is it possible?


Two ways I know of:
1. If you have Forscore: use screen shot and upload to app. From the app you can share it as PDF
2, print from website and scan to PDF

I only convert to Forscore for those scores I am learning in my lessons.


Dream came true : playing the piano
Kawai CS11/Yamaha Arius 161
lessons: 150 hours + counting
Re: Pianist magazine
Pianoperformance #2888788 09/10/19 02:29 AM
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 183
T
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
T
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 183
Originally Posted by Pianoperformance

Two ways I know of:
1. If you have Forscore: use screen shot and upload to app. From the app you can share it as PDF
2, print from website and scan to PDF

I only convert to Forscore for those scores I am learning in my lessons.



thanks for the reply.
I will try it

the reason I ask is because I want to read it on my computer offline.
However, it is win7/64 and it is not supported.

Re: Pianist magazine
tirta #2888839 09/10/19 06:15 AM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 9,824
9000 Post Club Member
Offline
9000 Post Club Member
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 9,824
Originally Posted by tirta
Originally Posted by Pianoperformance

Two ways I know of:
1. If you have Forscore: use screen shot and upload to app. From the app you can share it as PDF
2, print from website and scan to PDF

I only convert to Forscore for those scores I am learning in my lessons.



thanks for the reply.
I will try it

the reason I ask is because I want to read it on my computer offline.
However, it is win7/64 and it is not supported.

Isn't the app available on android? Because if so, there are android emulators that will run on Windows 7 (for a while longer at least - Windows 7 goes "End of Life" in 3.5 months).


[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: Pianist magazine
Tyrone Slothrop #2888935 09/10/19 09:52 AM
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 183
T
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
T
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 183
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

Isn't the app available on android? Because if so, there are android emulators that will run on Windows 7 (for a while longer at least - Windows 7 goes "End of Life" in 3.5 months).


android emulator is really a good idea!
thanks.

which emulator do you recommend?

Re: Pianist magazine
tirta #2888936 09/10/19 09:55 AM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 9,824
9000 Post Club Member
Offline
9000 Post Club Member
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 9,824
Originally Posted by tirta
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

Isn't the app available on android? Because if so, there are android emulators that will run on Windows 7 (for a while longer at least - Windows 7 goes "End of Life" in 3.5 months).


android emulator is really a good idea!
thanks.

which emulator do you recommend?

The best android emulator IMO is the BlueStacks one that I linked in my post above.


[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: Pianist magazine
Pianoperformance #2889029 09/10/19 03:35 PM
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 183
T
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
T
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 183
ok thanks.

I try to print some pages from free sample issue from website using firefox.
however, it seems to be limited to only 2 pages to print at one time.

is there some setting that I miss?
or this limitation is deliberate?

Re: Pianist magazine
WeakLeftHand #2890909 09/16/19 08:39 AM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 54
P
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
P
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 54
Originally Posted by WeakLeftHand
Originally Posted by Pianist magazine
Great question! Unfortunately, we don't currently offer bundle pricing. However, we are in the process of creating a brand-new big series of piano lessons, and we will offer them all for one price. So, whilst we don't currently offer it now, we are hoping to in the future!


Hi Pianist magazine, at what level will this "brand-new big series of piano lessons" be targeted?

On another note, I've always wanted a publication of scores just for beginners, like you already have for intermediate and advanced players. Any chance one might be in the works?

Thanks.


These new lessons will be suitable for all levels!

Additionally, we are aiming to release a Play Beginners digitial special before the end of the year.

Re: Pianist magazine
Pianoperformance #2891033 09/16/19 02:52 PM
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 759
500 Post Club Member
Offline
500 Post Club Member
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 759
Pianist Magazine, I just started my Pocketmags digital subscription (from 108), and really enjoy it.

I also tried Amazon subscription with Kindle Paperwhite - bad reading experience, but not your fault, just poor device choice.

I especially love that, in addition to Pocketmags Newsstand app, Pocketmags offers 2 browser based online viewer options, at least on PC:
- Interactive Tablet Edition is probably good for a tablet, but does not work on devices with screen less than 7";
- plain HTML5 edition mimics the print layout and works on any screen, from Galaxy to 17" 2-in-1 laptop.

Unfortunately, the Piano Techniques Digital Special is available online only in Interactive Tablet Edition, and I find it very annoying, because I have not only to scroll inside pages, but have to locate frames nested inside some pages, that need to be scrolled as well. As a result, instead of concentrating on what I read I have to search where to scroll.

Please make sure that Play Beginners is available in both formats in Pocketmags onine, and if possible - ask them to add the plain HTML5 edition for Piano Technique as well.

Another issue is that Pocketmags app on Windows 10 requires Microsoft account sign in during start up. Not sure if Pocketmags has solution for this, but this looks just ridiculous, and I use only online viewers on Pocketmags web site.

And I am really curious - why not offer these specials as print editions as well?

Thanks.

Last edited by VladK; 09/16/19 03:01 PM.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. (falsely attributed to Plato)
Vlad,
Adult beginner
Re: Pianist magazine
VladK #2891247 09/17/19 08:17 AM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 54
P
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
P
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 54
Originally Posted by VladK
Pianist Magazine, I just started my Pocketmags digital subscription (from 108), and really enjoy it.

I also tried Amazon subscription with Kindle Paperwhite - bad reading experience, but not your fault, just poor device choice.

I especially love that, in addition to Pocketmags Newsstand app, Pocketmags offers 2 browser based online viewer options, at least on PC:
- Interactive Tablet Edition is probably good for a tablet, but does not work on devices with screen less than 7";
- plain HTML5 edition mimics the print layout and works on any screen, from Galaxy to 17" 2-in-1 laptop.

Unfortunately, the Piano Techniques Digital Special is available online only in Interactive Tablet Edition, and I find it very annoying, because I have not only to scroll inside pages, but have to locate frames nested inside some pages, that need to be scrolled as well. As a result, instead of concentrating on what I read I have to search where to scroll.

Please make sure that Play Beginners is available in both formats in Pocketmags onine, and if possible - ask them to add the plain HTML5 edition for Piano Technique as well.

Another issue is that Pocketmags app on Windows 10 requires Microsoft account sign in during start up. Not sure if Pocketmags has solution for this, but this looks just ridiculous, and I use only online viewers on Pocketmags web site.

And I am really curious - why not offer these specials as print editions as well?

Thanks.


Hi VladK,

These are all great points. I believe that Piano Techniques is only available in that format because it was produced a good few years ago now. It may simply be that PocketMags did not have the tools to have both formats back then. Luckily, they do now, so we're sure Play Beginners will be available in both formats.

RE your comment about the Microsoft sign in, the best thing for you to do would be to get in touch with PocketMags directly about this. https://pocketmags.com/help-and-faqs

And finally - "Why not offer these specials as print editions as well?" We would love to give our readers that option, but for now we want to keep our paper costs down.

Re: Pianist magazine
Pianoperformance #2893292 09/23/19 03:48 AM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 54
P
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
P
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 54
Morning everyone,

We are currently having a sheet music sale... all scores just 99p! The offer ends tonight at midnight, so get yourself over to https://www.pianistmagazine.com/music-store/ before it ends smile

Also - you can now pre-order issue 110! The gorgeous Isata Kanneh-Mason appears on the cover. Pre-order your copy here - https://www.pianistmagazine.com/store/back-issues/pianist/pianist-110-oct19-issue-142-1

Re: Pianist magazine
Pianist magazine #2893385 09/23/19 11:12 AM
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 325
J
Full Member
Online Embarrased
Full Member
J
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 325
Originally Posted by Pianist magazine
Yes, we do still have a digital offer on for those outside of the UK. You can find it here - https://pocketmags.com/offer/warners-group/pia20sale


Pianist -

Is this code still valid, and for how long? I'd like to subscribe, but I just bought issue 109. Do I need to wait until the next issue is available? I don't want my subscription to start with the issue I already paid for.

Thank you!


I ❤️ Mendelssohn, Yann Tiersen, Heller
Re: Pianist magazine
Pianist magazine #2893408 09/23/19 12:02 PM
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 3,786
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Offline
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 3,786
Originally Posted by Pianist magazine
Morning everyone,

We are currently having a sheet music sale... all scores just 99p! The offer ends tonight at midnight, so get yourself over to https://www.pianistmagazine.com/music-store/ before it ends smile

Also - you can now pre-order issue 110! The gorgeous Isata Kanneh-Mason appears on the cover. Pre-order your copy here - https://www.pianistmagazine.com/store/back-issues/pianist/pianist-110-oct19-issue-142-1

Thank you, Pianist!


Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
Re: Pianist magazine
JB_PW #2894054 09/25/19 10:26 AM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 54
P
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
P
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 54
Originally Posted by JB_PW
Originally Posted by Pianist magazine
Yes, we do still have a digital offer on for those outside of the UK. You can find it here - https://pocketmags.com/offer/warners-group/pia20sale


Pianist -

Is this code still valid, and for how long? I'd like to subscribe, but I just bought issue 109. Do I need to wait until the next issue is available? I don't want my subscription to start with the issue I already paid for.

Thank you!


This code is very much still valid, yes. https://pocketmags.com/offer/warners-group/pia20sale Our new issue is out this Friday - so, your first issue will be 110 smile Hope this helps.

Re: Pianist magazine
Pianoperformance #2894096 09/25/19 12:51 PM
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 246
E
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
E
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 246
Thanks for being so responsive to our questions and concerns, Pianist! I really enjoyed my first issue!

Re: Pianist magazine
Pianoperformance #2894237 09/25/19 08:05 PM
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 599
P
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
P
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 599
Friday! Yeah. 🤸🏻‍♂️


Dream came true : playing the piano
Kawai CS11/Yamaha Arius 161
lessons: 150 hours + counting
Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Our October 2020 Free Piano Newsletter is Here!
---------------------
3,000,000+!
------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
New Topics - Multiple Forums
KORG music apps & software BF Sale
by EB5AGV - 11/23/20 04:50 PM
Steinway Model F?
by Davdoc - 11/23/20 04:15 PM
Sound comparison between Yamaha DGX 620 & 660
by MarkAshwellMoore - 11/23/20 03:21 PM
LIVESTREAM 26 and 27th NOVEMBER - ROTA: CASANOVA-SUITE
by art-and-piano - 11/23/20 02:05 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics202,995
Posts3,026,274
Members99,352
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers


Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

 Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads



 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |


copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4