2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, 36251, benkeys, 9 invisible), 1,931 guests, and 319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Q
OP Offline
Q
I have a RD-2000 with Yamaha HS-8 speakers in my music room and I also play Bass and would like to play some music thru my computer out to the HS-8's so I can play along with my Bass. I see how to hook up the computer but I don't see how to get music from the computer out to the HS-8's. Can anybody help me on this? If I have to get an interface of some kind let me know what.

Last edited by quindecima; 09/05/19 08:56 PM.

I'm a fool for Chopin. The biggest mistake in my life......Thinking that fishing was more fun than Bach when I was younger.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I have an RD 2000 but want to run an experiment before I give you some advice. If the hookup is as simple as you present, then it should be very easy as your keyboard can pass through USB audio from your computer through the RD 2000 to the speakers and behave as a little mixer. But some questions 1st...

1 - How are your powered monitors hooked up to your system? Direct to the keyboard?
2 - How are you playing your bass? Do you play it through your own bass amp independent of the keyboard and Yamaha speakers, or do want to go direct into the keyboard or computer?
3 - The "music" on your computer... are they streams, WAV's or MP3 files or from a digital audio workstation (DAW) passing out MIDI? or analog?
4 - Do you have an external mixer and do you want to use it? What model?

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 09/05/19 09:40 PM.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
I have an RD 2000 but want to run an experiment before I give you some advice. If the hookup is as simple as you present, then it should be very easy as your keyboard can pass through USB audio from your computer through the RD 2000 to the speakers and behave as a little mixer. But some questions 1st...

1 - How are your powered monitors hooked up to your system? Direct to the keyboard?
2 - How are you playing your bass? Do you play it through your own bass amp independent of the keyboard and Yamaha speakers, or do want to go direct into the keyboard or computer?
3 - The "music" on your computer... are they streams, WAV's or MP3 files or from a digital audio workstation (DAW) passing out MIDI? or analog?
4 - Do you have an external mixer and do you want to use it? What model?

Peace
Bruce in Philly

1. Direct to keyboard

2. Bass is independent of the keyboard

3. I don't know what they are, I down loaded them from Utube.

4. I have nothing external.

I'm a fool for Chopin. The biggest mistake in my life......Thinking that fishing was more fun than Bach when I was younger.
E
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
E
They say a picture is worth a thousand words (not exactly a picture but...) :

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Great vid EVC... I forgot about that one. Your answers are in there.

For me with Win 10, the Roland driver comes down automatically, no need to load it on your computer.

Let us know how it works for you. Remember, you have to select the Roland driver output for the player on your computer. To do that, while playing your music, Left Click on the little speaker icon in your system tray. There is a carrot menu that drops down all the available output drivers... select the Roland and that will send the computer audio out your USB port to the keyboard.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Q
OP Offline
Q
I can't stand all the computer knowledge when I have none.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Oh.... quick tip. Before you save your System or anything to a Program etc.... I always restart (off/on) my keyboard, then do the procedure and save. I do this because I don;t want any goofy thing I did to the keyboard to be saved along with what I am trying to do. Restarting the board wipes out any changes I may have made.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission