2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) SWEETWATER Cyber Week Deals
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
44 members (Billjo, cygnusdei, accordeur, danno858, ambrozy, An Old Square, 8 invisible), 1,005 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Originally Posted by stomorska
I must say that I am verry disappointed with Roland support , they say that DP work with android apps which is not true.. I must buy iPad, but...... is it worth it to spend money on iPad just to play midi files? I can still use a USB stick to play.

Support for realtime sound and MIDI is less mature in Android than that of iOS. I believe this may explain the challenges in realising the same level of functionality. Your phone may also be partly responsible, as some manufacturers may modify or remove parts of "stock" Android, which can break functionality in other areas. If you're able to run an AOSP version of Android on your phone, you may find that MIDI support is more stable.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
S
S
Think I have the same issue...
Recently got a FP-30 as a beginner trying to learn piano, although I'm happy with it... I cannot connect it to my tablet. Neither with bluetooth nor with a cable. For a cable I'd need a USB Type B to Micro USB I think, which basically don't exist where I live I've looked for hours on the internet, or possibly I could get a combination of those and an adabter...Feels extremely weird to have to go through this just to connect my piano to my tablet smirk
I followed the instructions I found on the Roland website about this issue. I checked the version and it's up to date, pressed the function button + lowest A and B notes etc all that, Piano Partner 2 app will not find FP-30 as a device to connect to. The tablet I'm using is a Asus Zenpad 3S 10LTE, runs on android, it should be compatible ?

What am I doing wrong ? Am I missing something ?

I would really appreciate any help, is the solution really buying an iPad ? smirk

Thanks..

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by silence21
For a cable I'd need a USB Type B to Micro USB I think, which basically don't exist where I live I've looked for hours on the internet, or possibly I could get a combination of those and an adabter...

No Amazon or eBay in your country? Do you have any friends in another country that could mail you the appropriate cable?

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Online Content
Hello silence21,

Originally Posted by silence21
The tablet I'm using is a Asus Zenpad 3S 10LTE, runs on android, it should be compatible ?

According to the specifications, your tablet runs Android 6 (Marshmallow), which added native support for MIDI. However, this doesn't necessarily mean that ASUS enabled MIDI support when building their customised version of the Android OS for the tablet.

My suggestion would be to buy the necessary cables (USB A-to-B printer cable, USB mini OTG cable), and try some simple MIDI file player apps to see if your tablet is at least able to transmit MIDI to your FP-30. If so, contact Roland for assistance with the app. If not, it's possible that the OS running on your Android tablet does not support MIDI, meaning it's unlikely that the Piano Partner 2 app will be able to function correctly.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
S
S
Thanks for the responses, I already messaged Roland for assistance, but my expectations are low in that regard. I guess I'll have to order the cables from ebay or amazon, that was my last resort because bluetooth is much more convenient and the shipping time is quite lengthy and cost probably double the price of the cables to where I live. I'll be sure to check if my android tablet supports MIDI and then go from there.
Thanks again.

S
S
I have a Prestigio tablet that is 5 years old and I cannot run Piano Partner 2 through it.
On my new cell phone, PP2 works with a USB cable connecting to USB port od FP30
If your tablet does not offer the ability to transfer midi files but just transfer data or recharge your tablet, this is a major problem.

S
S
When I connect my Huawei with "printer cable" to "USB to Host" on my DP, Huawei doesn't recognize "midi" interface. https://synthesiagame.com/keyboards/Hel ... id/unknown

I believe that Synthesia working with Android devices but I don't know how?

Can you write me a mailing address for Roland's support? The address to which I will receive answers? smile

This may be so ...
When I connect my Huawei with "printer cable" to "USB to Host" on my DP, Huawei doesn't recognize "midi" interface.
... but since you're using a Huawei product you can be sure that the Chinese government hears every piece you play!

[Linked Image]

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
This may be so ...
When I connect my Huawei with "printer cable" to "USB to Host" on my DP, Huawei doesn't recognize "midi" interface.
... but since you're using a Huawei product you can be sure that the Chinese government hears every piece you play!

[Linked Image]

grin

Last edited by peterws; 09/13/19 06:40 AM.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
S
S
smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Touching up your tuning -- good idea?
by MusterMark - 12/01/21 12:42 AM
Roland HP2900G repair help
by mettleramiel - 12/01/21 12:06 AM
Mason & Hamlin BB heading my way
by duffle - 11/30/21 09:28 PM
Beginner repertoire 1
by ronlefebvre - 11/30/21 07:29 PM
Choosing hybrid with no inventory
by Esstepp - 11/30/21 04:28 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics210,321
Posts3,149,866
Members103,477
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission