2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (AndyOnThePiano2, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, 11 invisible), 2,112 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21
P
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Arcflash
Just got it today! Boy takes a long time from first availability to now. Pushing a month and a half.

Kinda expected, no? If your address isn’t local , even Barnes and Noble, book store, runs ‘late’.

I prefer digital version, and the new one is out this Friday..excited.

Last edited by Pianoperformance; 07/23/19 03:38 PM.
P
P
Hi all,

If you live outside of the UK, you can now get 30% OFF your Pianist subscription. Pretty good, eh? Just click the link to get your discount - www.pianistm.ag/rowoffer

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
And issue 109 is out! Happy Friday! smile

P
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
P
Happy Friday! Yesss...I love Jean-Baptist Duvernoy’s op 176 no 4 piece! I will present this piece to my teacher after he signs off Bach Invention 9!

W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
And in this issue, they take a whole page to teach you how to print! I wonder if this is a new functionality or I was just clueless all along. Anyway, I'm grateful for the instructions. Now I don't have to take a screen shot and send each screen shot to the printer.

Except it prints in A4...we'll see how that will work out for those of us across the pond!

Last edited by WeakLeftHand; 07/26/19 09:52 AM.

Kawai K500
P
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
P
All printers have setting for US, UK, and other domiciles! We just got a new printer and was nicely surprised by all the paper size options even though most of them we don’t use.

Oh boy. I think I look forward to each Pianist magazine as much as my cats look forward to their monthly KitNip box subscription!

[Linked Image]
P
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Terry Michael
Oh boy. I think I look forward to each Pianist magazine as much as my cats look forward to their monthly KitNip box subscription!

🤣🤣🤣 I know that feeling. Then again, I have the digital subscription, and hence the wait is really non-existence. Grateful.

Finally decided to go through the ‘lessons scores’ as part of my daily practice: great for sight reading too.

P
P
So nice to hear all of your lovely comments about the latest issue! For those of you based in the UK... we have a little gift for you.
You can now receive 6 issues for just £19.99 if you subscribe today. 6 issues normally costs £33, so make sure you take advantage! 👉🏽👉🏽 www.pianistm.ag/UKoffer

Thank you for the offer Pianist Magazine. I have bought the occasional issue and have ordered the current issue with the subscription. Looking forward to it coming through the letterbox!

P
P
Great to hear! Let us know if you enjoy it smile

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
I’ve got to say I’m sorry for mentioning ExpressMag. I won’t be renewing my print subscription through them again. Issues have taken forever to come, up to 2 months late. I completely missed an issue and by the time I realized it wouldn’t come, it was too late to get it filled. Because it takes so long to get the issues and there is a window based on publication date where you can request missing issues that is very close to the time you typically get an issue I missed the window. Also, I paid for the supplemental book which I never received. Customer service has been difficult to work with as they aren’t native English speakers and it’s been difficult to understand what they are trying to tell me.

Anyway, as I let people know about the service here, I hope you haven’t had problems and I’m sorry if you did. I’m at my renewal time and debating if I continue to get the paper edition and order directly from the publisher at a premium or just get the digital version.

Now learning: Debussy Clar de Lune, Mozart Sonata in C K. 545, Joplin The Chrysanthemum
Instruments: Yamaha N1X, Roland GO:PIANO, Piano de Voyage
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Chrispy
I’ve got to say I’m sorry for mentioning ExpressMag. I won’t be renewing my print subscription through them again. Issues have taken forever to come, up to 2 months late. I completely missed an issue and by the time I realized it wouldn’t come, it was too late to get it filled. Because it takes so long to get the issues and there is a window based on publication date where you can request missing issues that is very close to the time you typically get an issue I missed the window. Also, I paid for the supplemental book which I never received. Customer service has been difficult to work with as they aren’t native English speakers and it’s been difficult to understand what they are trying to tell me.

Anyway, as I let people know about the service here, I hope you haven’t had problems and I’m sorry if you did. I’m at my renewal time and debating if I continue to get the paper edition and order directly from the publisher at a premium or just get the digital version.

Sorry to hear about your problems Chrispy. I've gotten all my issues, but I'm also not so demanding on time since I do have a digital subscription too on my iPad Pro, so I treat the paper issue via ExpressMag as a bonus.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by Chrispy

That really sucks, what's happened to you. I'd be really frustrated.

FWIW, I think the digital version is da bomb. The colours are beautiful, the app works well, and it's very interactive. You get it instantly as the issue is released. Videos and music tracks are accessed via a tap of your finger. I'm truly very happy with the digital version. The only downside is that you will have to print the music to play them on the piano - at least that's what I do. I don't like to play off the iPad. But that's a compromise I'm willing to take.

Kawai K500
P
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
P
Echo sentiment, which is why I went for the digital. I can upload a score to Forscore and scribble on it to my content, and play the accompanying music when ever and wherever I want to practice away from the piano. My teacher can also look through the scores Nd confirm the next one for me to tackle. My iPad Pro has become my walking library of all things music/piano.

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by WeakLeftHand
The only downside is that you will have to print the music to play them on the piano - at least that's what I do. I don't like to play off the iPad. But that's a compromise I'm willing to take.

Actually, that's great news and thanks for the information WeakLeftHand. One of my major deciding factors in going digital is if I'd be able to print the music. In fact as I was reading replies, I was going to ask, but you proactively answered laugh I like having paper scores for ease of marking and bringing to lessons.

Also, sorry for the horrible run on sentence in my earlier post, I hope the reorder window comment made sense. I was tapping it out on my phone and didn't realize how hard it was to read smile Anyway, the reorder window is a real problem since the issues take so long to be delivered after publication, there's a high likelihood you'll miss an issue and not be able to get it replaced.

Last edited by Chrispy; 08/22/19 05:21 PM.

Now learning: Debussy Clar de Lune, Mozart Sonata in C K. 545, Joplin The Chrysanthemum
Instruments: Yamaha N1X, Roland GO:PIANO, Piano de Voyage
Thanks to everyone here for weighing in on Pianist. I downloaded a free sample and was very impressed. Now I'm a digital subscriber. I really love the multimedia features and the skill levels on the scores.

Linda

c. 1947 Chickering baby grand
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
You’re welcome Chrispy and LCantoni!

I love the graded scores too. I’m a beginner and there are usually 2 beginner scores each issue, and I learn to play most of them. It keeps my music repertoire broader than if I had chosen songs myself, which is a very good thing. I think the scores are chosen well.

Can’t wait to be able to play intermediate scores though!

Last edited by WeakLeftHand; 08/22/19 10:55 PM.

Kawai K500
J
J
I just ordered two back issues of Pianist magazine on my iPad using the app. Looks great!

Yamaha N1X, P-515.
Genelec 8331 monitors and 7350 sub.
VI’s: Garritan CFX, VSL Bösendorfer Upright, and VSL Blüthner 1895. Pianoteq.
P
P
Hey Chrispy. Thanks so much for your feedback. I am going to pass your comments on to our subscriptions team and see if we can improve the service for you. Like many others have commented, we would definitely recommend the digital subscription! Do let us know if you have any questions.

Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission