Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
58 registered members (Ankee, Calavera, ChrisGoesPiano, bounced, CharlesXX, Beowulf, Burkie, 36251, 16 invisible), 816 guests, and 469 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Ever had this dream? [Re: Rania] #2883892 08/27/19 01:47 AM
B
Bett Offline
B
Before I started learning piano as an older adult, I had a recurring dream that I would sit down at a piano, place my hands on the keyboard ready to play, knowing that although I had never had any piano lessons, my fingers would some how know what to do to produce beautiful music... but when I started playing I didn't have a clue. These dreams stopped when I started lessons 😀

Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items, digital piano dolly, music theme party goods
Re: Ever had this dream? [Re: hyena] #2883901 08/27/19 03:22 AM
K
KlinkKlonk Offline
K
Originally Posted by hyena
I suppose I have something alike.

I'm always with friends, and find a random piano somewhere. But the thing is. The piano is always either broken, or the layout of the keyboard makes completely no sense, so I can't play it! Always the layout of the keys. Suddenly it only spans an octave. Or all the keys are simply strange little buttons.

I have the exact same dream. Reoccuring.

Re: Ever had this dream? [Re: Rania] #2883994 08/27/19 09:00 AM
P
PianoYos Offline
P
I once had a dream about Rachmaninoff. He was playing his Third Concerto. On a grand piano. On the tennis court in my apartment complex. In a tux. Without an orchestra.

Re: Ever had this dream? [Re: Rania] #2884194 08/27/19 06:16 PM
T
TwoSnowflakes Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
I don’t have piano dreams but for some reason I still have “it’s the final exam and I don’t even remember signing up for this class” nightmares. I’m 46 years old for goodness sake and haven’t been in school for two decades.

Re: Ever had this dream? [Re: Rania] #2884246 08/27/19 10:52 PM
hreichgott Offline
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Dreamed I was subbing for a concerto soloist at the last minute, I needed the score, the score was on the floor of the cello section, and I was stuck on the staircase downstairs from stage which suddenly had developed a ceiling in the middle of the staircase that I couldn't get past. Thwarted in so many ways!
Normally, though, what I have is the ballet dream where I'm suddenly onstage in Nutcracker and I've never been to a rehearsal.
(Wonder if TwoSnowflakes ever has that one?)
(Hi TwoSnowflakes!)

Heather W. Reichgott, piano

Working on:
Beethoven - Diabelli Variations Op. 120
Beethoven/Liszt - Symphony no. 7
Tommy (whole show)

I love Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven and new music
Re: Ever had this dream? [Re: Rania] #2884527 08/28/19 02:44 PM
johnstaf Online Crying
2000 Post Club Member
Online Crying
2000 Post Club Member
I have a recurring dream that I've decided to repeat my music degree. It's my final year, but I forgot to attend any of the courses in Maths and Physics (which my dream requires). This has mostly replaced my back-in-school dream.

Re: Ever had this dream? [Re: Rania] #2884551 08/28/19 04:11 PM
B
bennevis Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
B
I don't tend to remember my dreams - just as well, as I have a vivid imagination, and would be living in a psychedelic topsy-turvy world if I kept my memories of all my dreams grin.

The piano-related dreams have included everything from playing a miniature piano (à la Cage) in the Space Station (where, of course, weight is a big factor when ferrying luxury things up) to crashing-banging my way through the Dante Sonata (which I've never played in real life) after being sent to a version of Dante's Inferno in the depths of Earth, for my sins (which I freely admit, are many wink ).

"I don't play accurately - anyone can play accurately - but I play with wonderful expression. As far as the piano is concerned, sentiment is my forte. I keep science for Life."
Re: Ever had this dream? [Re: Rania] #2885749 09/01/19 05:36 AM
patH Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
In 2016, I had two related piano dreams which I remember.

Dream 1: I am in my appartment. I remember that the PianoWorld recital is going online the upcoming weekend, and that I promised to submit a piece; and I haven't practised yet.
However, it's a piece I know well. So I don't panic, I go to my piano and start playing the piece.
Then while I play, I notice that the white keys of my piano aren't white. They have a light wooden pattern. Then, while playing, I think to myself: Wait a moment, my piano does not have wooden patterns on the white keys. And then I realise: This must be a dream.
Since I try to remember what music appears in my dreams, in order to make a chart at the end of the year, I play a few more pieces which I wanted to be placed high in my charts. While playing "Les Préludes" by Liszt I woke up.

Dream 2 (a few weeks later): I am in my birthtown, and am going to visit my old piano teacher. He, my father, and me had decided to meet at his (the piano teacher's) place.
I arrive at his house. The piano teacher isn't available yet but my father is already there. I sit down at the piano, and while waiting for my former teacher my father suggests that I play a bit. I start playing Beethoven's 4th movement of his 5th symphony, and while playing notice a light wooden pattern on the white keys. So while playing, I think: That's why I dreamt of wooden patterns on my piano a few weeks ago. They reminded me of my old piano teacher's piano.

After I woke up, I was fascinated by what the human subconscious tries to rationalize in dreams.
In dream 1, my appartment didn't quite look like my appartment. It was a mixture of my old appartment and my current appartment; and the piano was positioned in a way different from reality. And yet, none of this clued me in that it was a dream; only the wooden patterns.
And my old piano teacher's piano did not have wooden patterns on its white keys. It was an ordinary Seiler piano with black and white keys. But in dream 2 I rationalized it.

Dreams really are fascinating.

For those interested in the outcome of the dream charts in dream 1: All pieces I played in my dream made the top 20 at the end of the year, three of them even made the top 10. Including Les Préludes. wink

Last edited by patH; 09/01/19 05:40 AM.

My grand piano is a Yamaha C2 SG.
Re: Ever had this dream? [Re: Rania] #2885968 09/01/19 05:51 PM
L
Lady Bird Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
L
I remember dreaming playing for an audience, playing incredible.Just before the end I could feel piano moving away gradually on its casters......

Re: Ever had this dream? [Re: TwoSnowflakes] #2886022 09/01/19 08:12 PM
malkin Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TwoSnowflakes
... “it’s the final exam and I don’t even remember signing up for this class” nightmares. I’m 46 years old for goodness sake and haven’t been in school for two decades.

As a theater student, the variant of this dream I had was, "Whoa, I'm on stage, in a play..." All the improv pays off, and there's nothing to do but look at the costumes and listen to what everyone is saying and go from there.

I took a decades long break from this dream, but started having it again when my daughter was doing ballet school recitals.

Lately, it seems that that dream scenario was excellent preparation for what I do every day in my current job.

Any piano dreams I've had are surreal, like getting trapped inside a scale or a rhythmic pattern or something.

Learner
Re: Ever had this dream? [Re: Rania] #2888646 09/09/19 04:15 PM
D
dolce sfogato Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
recurring nightmare: next friday rehearsal with orchestra Brahms 2, while I am just doing Brahms 1.

Longtemps, je me suis couché de bonne heure, but not anymore!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brendan, Kreisler 

(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Hailun/Feurich 218
by Tenor70 - 12/06/19 06:06 AM
Still discouraged
by Mils - 12/06/19 01:48 AM
Kawai CA48 or CN39
by Louise11 - 12/05/19 07:54 PM
Help reading this piece?
by Mils - 12/05/19 06:58 PM
Free piano - from a dealer!
by Chrispy - 12/05/19 04:35 PM
What's Hot!!
Our August Newsletter is Out!
------------------
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour!

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics195,526
Posts2,899,075
Members95,164
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission