2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
72 members (AaronSF, 36251, achoo42, astrotoy, adrian4444, AJB, accordeur, anamnesis, 22 invisible), 772 guests, and 359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2883582 08/26/19 09:20 AM
P
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
P
I purchased the MP7SE last year and purchased the GFP-3 triple pedal unit which has not yet come in. I wanted to see if anyone out there has experience with the unit and can comment with their experiences. KawaiJames, talking to you here. wink

Side note, having been a user here for years but made some drastic career changes, nice to pop back in to the forum from time to time.

Kawai MP7SE w/ GFP-3
G
G
the grand feel pedals is the standard for kawai, they use the same ones for every cabinet model, so you should expect a something good.

My piano history in about 15 months: Artesia PA88w -> Yamaha P45 -> Kawai CN 24 -> Kawai CN 37 -> Kawai CA 78
Done with: Clair de Lune - Debussy, Waltz Op. 64 no. 2 - Chopin. Looking for a new piece, kind of learning The Mandalorian theme, and practicing with Etude Op.10 no.1 - Chopin.

Gold Supporter until Nov 1 2022
1000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Nov 1 2022
1000 Post Club Member
If it's the same 3 pedal unit that comes with an MP11SE, then it's working fine for me. Been using it every day for about a year and a half with no problems. However, I only use the sustain pedal. I can't tell you how well the others work but have no reason to believe they don't.

If you're on a wood or stone floor, the pedal unit is not real grippy. I'd recommend buying a square of neoprene rubber to put under the unit. Then it won't slide around.

Good luck.

Daily driver: Yamaha Avantgrand N1
First crush: Kawai GL10, MP11SE
Current fling: Petrof III
Foster child: 1927 Kurtzmann upright
P
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Emery Wang
If it's the same 3 pedal unit that comes with an MP11SE, then it's working fine for me. Been using it every day for about a year and a half with no problems. However, I only use the sustain pedal. I can't tell you how well the others work but have no reason to believe they don't.

If you're on a wood or stone floor, the pedal unit is not real grippy. I'd recommend buying a square of neoprene rubber to put under the unit. Then it won't slide around.

Good luck.

Thanks for the response. I use the soft pedal quite a bit for some of the pieces I play so am looking forward to having that ability again. And you are correct, it is the same unit that came with your MP11SE. Kicking myself now for not spending up for the MP11SE but I’ve been very happy with the MP7SE.

Kawai MP7SE w/ GFP-3
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hey Zac, good to hear from you! wink

Just to echo what GNkyrios has already written, the GFP-3 is essentially the triple optical pedal unit used in Kawai's console DPs, transplanted into a sturdy case. It's really well built, and probably the best triple pedal unit I've ever used.

When you say the pedal unit "has not come in yet", do you mean that you ordered it a little while ago, but have yet to receive it? I have a boxed GFP-3 in its retail packaging right here, but can't really send it to you directly, unfortunately.

I would give the retailer a call to see what the hold-up is. It might also be worth calling Kawai America too.

I hope this helps! Once again, nice to see you hear, and to read that you're happy with the MP7SE.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
P
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hey Zac, good to hear from you! wink

Just to echo what GNkyrios has already written, the GFP-3 is essentially the triple optical pedal unit used in Kawai's console DPs, transplanted into a sturdy case. It's really well built, and probably the best triple pedal unit I've ever used.

When you say the pedal unit "has not come in yet", do you mean that you ordered it a little while ago, but have yet to receive it? I have a boxed GFP-3 in its retail packaging right here, but can't really send it to you directly, unfortunately.

I would give the retailer a call to see what the hold-up is. It might also be worth calling Kawai America too.

I hope this helps! Once again, nice to see you hear, and to read that you're happy with the MP7SE.

Kind regards,
James
x

Hey James! Man it has been a long time...again. Long story short, I switched from music professionally, to medical school, so downsized my gear, but won't ever stop playing. But I just don't have the time I used to have to spend here. Miss hanging out on these forums.

Anyway, I just ordered the GFP-3 and it should arrive tomorrow so no worries there. I remember hearing good stuff about it with it using optical sensors, robust build, etc, but wanted to hear some feedback from those who have had some experience with it. Curious to see how the soft pedal works out. I remember when I had my Roland RD700NX, I bought their triple pedal system and the soft pedal never worked that well if memory serves me well.

Thanks for always taking the time to answer questions, particularly Kawai related questions. Btw, I feel like Kawai has really stepped up the game on sample quality. They were always solid samples, but that Harmonic XL SK sample set in the newer models sound truly outstanding. Very very high quality. Far exceeded the samples in my AvantGrands.

Last edited by PianoZac; 08/27/19 12:32 PM.

Kawai MP7SE w/ GFP-3
Hello Zac,

Thanks for the update!

The soft pedal of the GFP-3 will likely function in exactly the same way as the Roland triple pedal. However, the MP7SE allows the "depth" (i.e. strength) of the soft pedal to be adjusted, so if you find that the default settings are a little too subtle, you may wish to tweak them in the Virtual Technician menu.

Best of luck with your career in medicine!

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai ES520 Teardown
by KawaFanboi - 05/20/22 01:00 PM
My Kawai RX3 finally started to sounds like Kawai
by Joonsung - 05/20/22 12:52 PM
I need some advice
by Lúthien - 05/20/22 12:23 PM
Harmonization by pentatonic chords
by Nahum - 05/20/22 06:25 AM
Studio Grand from XLN audio for 62€
by klausi6 - 05/20/22 06:23 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,159
Posts3,193,204
Members105,328
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission