2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments. Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
93 members (Baltguy, ambrozy, Abdol, Beansparrow, BachToTheFuture, Bentsch, Animisha, brdwyguy, 25 invisible), 919 guests, and 604 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: My VPC1 rig
Chopin Acolyte #2881868 08/20/19 11:35 PM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Chopin Acolyte
[Linked Image]

Nice job!

This reminds me of another VPC1 stand project, however I cannot find the picture.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
(ad)
Sweetwater Gifts That Rock
Kawai James #2882003 08/21/19 08:39 AM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Kawai James

Nice job!

This reminds me of another VPC1 stand project, however I cannot find the picture.

Kind regards,
James
x

Thank you! I remember that other project, it was a custom-made stand and it inspired me to even begin this project. In the end, I'm happy even though it's not custom made (it would look better if the base of the top surface of the desk was matching the dimensions of the VPC, but oh well).

Tyrone Slothrop #2882598 08/23/19 12:17 AM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Originally Posted by aphexdisklavier
very nice....! You need also another music rest wink
I bought the Yamaha: https://www.thomann.de/de/yamaha_tyros_music_rest.htm
You can set the screws for the VPC. It looks far better than the Kawai music rest and has larger width.

It looks like the OP is using a monitor or tablet though. Don't need much of a music rest for those.

Actually, a terrible thing happened...my tablet broke, suddenly the display started to flicker (after years of use though, still pretty good for about 100e). I'm not sure if I can get it repaired so I might have to use paper score again.

I couldn't find the Yamaha Tyros music rest here in the US, but I could find various other types on Amazon...however I'm not sure it will fit the exact width the holes are apart on my VPC-1...are the screws or pins on music rests adjustable in general or is that something only typical for the Yamaha Tyros music rest (not sold in the US and thomann refuse to ship it)?

Chopin Acolyte #2882607 08/23/19 03:14 AM
P
pwl Offline
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
P
I couldn't find the Yamaha Tyros music rest here in the US, but I could find various other types on Amazon...however I'm not sure it will fit the exact width the holes are apart on my VPC-1...are the screws or pins on music rests adjustable in general or is that something only typical for the Yamaha Tyros music rest (not sold in the US and thomann refuse to ship it)?

This is a bit murky and I'm not completely confident of the product info I've pulled up but . . .

Allegro Music in the UK shows what is definitely the Tyros music rest and they show the model number as WB853080R. Kraft Music here in the US shows the WB853080R as in stock for $94.99. There's also some text on the Allegro site to this effect: "This product does not fit directly into the keyboard, but instead into the music rest brackets. These are available to purchase separately." - and they show pics of those, for whatever all that's worth.

I'll be interested in what you find out if you pursue this - 'cuz that music rest looks great!

pwl #2882682 08/23/19 08:23 AM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by pwl

This is a bit murky and I'm not completely confident of the product info I've pulled up but . . .

Allegro Music in the UK shows what is definitely the Tyros music rest and they show the model number as WB853080R. Kraft Music here in the US shows the WB853080R as in stock for $94.99. There's also some text on the Allegro site to this effect: "This product does not fit directly into the keyboard, but instead into the music rest brackets. These are available to purchase separately." - and they show pics of those, for whatever all that's worth.

I'll be interested in what you find out if you pursue this - 'cuz that music rest looks great!

Oh, thanks! I had to go directly to the Kraft music webpage to search for it, otherwise google acts like it doesn't know about it...

I might risk it and buy it, it seems like something very similar (or the same) as the user showed in his photo above (first page of this thread).

Chopin Acolyte #2883487 08/25/19 09:16 PM
I might risk it and buy it, it seems like something very similar (or the same) as the user showed in his photo above (first page of this thread).

I would contact the manufacturer and/or retailer to check the music rest's dimensions, and the spacing/positioning of the legs first.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Chopin Acolyte #2884183 08/27/19 04:58 PM
A
A
You can move the screws (=legs) of the Yamaha music rest with a cross-edged screwdriver, so that they fit into the holes of the VPC. The screws are a little thinner than the legs of the original Kawai music rest. But it works!

Last edited by aphexdisklavier; 08/27/19 05:02 PM.
aphexdisklavier #2884211 08/27/19 07:54 PM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by aphexdisklavier
You can move the screws (=legs) of the Yamaha music rest with a cross-edged screwdriver, so that they fit into the holes of the VPC. The screws are a little thinner than the legs of the original Kawai music rest. But it works!

Thanks!

I decided to put off any purchase related to the piano project until I get a car. No wonder I can't save money for a car when I just keep buying stuff laugh

By the way I bought a pair of used speakers from Goodwill just a few days ago. They're not super powerful, but they were cheap and are well enough for casual practice if I don't want to wear headphones.

Chopin Acolyte #2884223 08/27/19 08:42 PM
Used is good. You can save a bundle.
By the way I bought a pair of used speakers from Goodwill just a few days ago. They're not super powerful, but they were cheap and are well enough for casual practice if I don't want to wear headphones.
My piano was new when I bought it. Everything I added on was used.

MacMacMac #2884260 08/27/19 11:40 PM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Used is good. You can save a bundle.
My piano was new when I bought it. Everything I added on was used.

Wait, you have a digital? From your answers I always assumed you have an acoustic piano.

Chopin Acolyte #2884960 08/29/19 05:10 PM
K
K
All in all, this project was a lot of fun and playing is now so much more enjoyable ^_^

It looks very nice. And seems like 30″ to the top of the white keys + adjustable bench makes a world of a difference compared to your previous setup with that computer desk.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
100,000!
---------------------
NEW! Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New - Hammond SK-Pro organ & synth (SK1 upgrade)
by Doug M. - 01/15/21 01:09 PM
New Korg announcements in a few days...
by clothearednincompo - 01/15/21 12:17 PM
Estonia 190
by Walkman - 01/15/21 12:02 PM
My 'Gentle' and 'quieter' tuning technique
by Beemer - 01/15/21 10:46 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics204,265
Posts3,046,950
Members100,063
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission