2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 13 invisible), 2,112 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Originally Posted by peterws

50 Terry Michael

Sounds from your description like Anno Domini is on the prowl! Welcome to the O. F. Club. There's always room, and you did very well. Never say never . . .

Time for Lunch. . . . what'll it be??

Today was a ham sandwich.

[Linked Image]
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
24. Peterws - Daydreams I love this, guaranteed to bring sweet dreams. I downloaded so I can listen to it at will.

25. Snejana - Sad Story of the Vagabond A fascinatingly creative piece, and yes oh so sad. Really enjoyed

26. jotur - Cathy Turner - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose A fun piece, this reminds me of how my late father used to play - "more music" all the way!

27. Jazzyprof - Spirit Dreams Great composition, I'm always so impressed by those who can create their own music. Well played also!

28. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - I Giorni Glad you changed your mind and submitted this piece! Beautifully played.

29. Animisha - Angelfish (to do)I love this piece, it was the first piece I submitted to one of these recitals. I still get it out sometimes to play it. You played it well, giving us a lively swimming Angel!

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
30. Monica K. - Ascent Beautiful, your love of music and Einaudi shine brightly. May you have music and beauty with you for the rest of your days and beyond. Thank you for all you have done for us at Piano World.

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
31. tjbron - Prelude Op. 11 No. 21 in Bb Major This was lovely, such sweet playing. I hadn't heard this piece before, maybe I'll put it on my to do list.

32. Mosotti - Mia & Sebastian's Theme A sweet theme, you played this well. I'm now inspired to also listen to the rest of the music for this movie!

33. Balezin Dmitry - He's a pirate Indeed he is! You had him roaming the deck on this one - well done, really enjoyed!

34. JoBert - Herberge (from Waldszenen, Opus 82) What a great sound you achieved in this piece, sigh, your playing is so wonderful.

35. Jason Lenthe - Maple Leaf Rag Oh gosh, this was great! Sweet piano also.

[Linked Image]
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
27. Jazzyprof - Spirit Dreams
In two minutes and five seconds, you have disproved the idea that melody has become obsolete! That was a very appealing piece, with structure, harmony and a gorgeous melody. All you need is a lyricist! Well done!

30. Monica K. - Ascent
Monica, that was lovely, as usual. Thank you once again, old friend, for all you have done for this community. Your essential goodness and decency as a real person somehow shine through this impersonal medium, and we are all touched by it. Ascent, indeed.

33. Balezin Dmitry - He's a pirate
Well done, Balezin, you have captured the spirit of this thing perfectly!

35. Jason Lenthe - Maple Leaf Rag
Bravo, a rousing rendition if ever there was one. I loved it!

37. Greener/Jeff - Salute
A daunting piece of music but you have achieved a very credible level of performance. Well done!

39. Qwerty53 - Softly, William, Softly (Nocturne no. 6)
What a gorgeous song. I have to learn to play it! Nicely done!

Ed

Last edited by Riddler; 08/20/19 10:51 PM.

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

L
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
L
Originally Posted by peterws

52 ivojnic

Ha ha! I'm currently engaged in this one. Given up on the trills (a single extra note usually suffices) so it was good to hear them played here. Now, I liked the ending. It brought things to a climax. You might try to engineer this sort of approach to the whole passage; there's a natural light and shade to it, and some notes are indicated for extra pounding. But it was steady, great tempo, and a darn sight better than what I'm doing right now!

Trills were also a big problem for me, but I wanted to learn them better so I soldiered on smile I am very proud of how much they improved.

Regarding the ending, I did want a little decress. before the final cresc. but in the recording it did not turned out that way. And I agree that the ending was a little too loud smile

Thanks for the comment!

Kawai CN41
Kawai BL51
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
50. Terry Michael - Prelude in A Major Op.28 No.7 For me, the pace of your performance brought something quite different to this Prelude - an air of sadness. I liked it!

51. QuasiUnaFantasia - Kleines Praeludium - BWV 999 Nice control, a gentle touch. Well done!

52. lvojnovic - Invention No. 1 in C Major, BWV 772 Great trills and dynamics: sharp and very sweet.

53. Richard (zrtf90) - Consolation No. 3 Quite simply, a masterpiece, Richard.

54. Sam Rose - Invention 14 in Bb major Sam, that was a long way from merely ‘not too bad’ - thank you, it was lovely!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
And now a batch from the end to mix things up a bit

51. QuasiUnaFantasia - Kleines Praeludium - BWV 999
Ooh, big mood, as the young online people say. Very atmospheric, I enjoyed it a lot

52. lvojnovic - Invention No. 1 in C Major, BWV 772
Lovely, excellent pace and flow. I especially appreciated your ornaments which are something I am particularly struggling with working on these days

53. Richard (zrtf90) - Consolation No. 3
Exquisite, what more can I say?

54. Sam Rose - Invention 14 in Bb major
Really nicely played. Lovely tone and evenness

55. Ralphiano - Sonatina, Op.36, No.1, mvmt 1 &2, Clementi
Great job Ralphiano, and how cool that you have achieved this goal you set yourself early in your piano journey.
I learned this piece this year too, there is a lot to it

56. ShiroKuro - Nuvole Bianche
A real fave of mine, and I love your performance.
I have worked on bits of this but have yet to learn it properly. I’m on a pretty steady diet of classical (in the broader sense) with my teacher right now but this is high on my list when I have more bandwidth for other stuff.

57. Morodiene - Le Onde
Gorgeous, another one of my faves of Einaudi’s

58. JJHLH - Minuet A Minor, Z649
Very well done, this flows really well. My mind was filling in the costume drama for which this could be the soundtrack

59. Pathbreaker - Arabeske 1
I love this piece so much. I spent a huge amount of time working on it, and while I made great progress and could play most of it reasonably satisfactorily, I could never confidently play the whole way through without something going badly wrong.
That experience, and similar time investment in comparably challenging pieces with similar results, has set me on a “back to basics” path with my current teacher. For the last year we’ve been working on less demanding pieces to build technique and fill in the gaps, with a view to being able to tackle this kind of repertoire more successfully in the future. (I am finding plenty of challenge in the so-called less-demanding pieces but at least I can learn them more quickly).

I really enjoyed this. I think it works great at this tempo. Now I am feeling impatient to dig it out again.

60. Mr Super-Hunky - Variation of Bach G Minor Piano tiles 2
I love this. It’s like Bach crossed with Michael Nyman, totally hooks me in (perfect for an addictive game of course!)

61. Handyman (John) - Leaves on the Seine
You create a beautiful sense of calm and peace, lovely

62. Sam S - Fantasie in c minor
Very interesting piece, and I enjoyed your performance a lot. There is so much going on here. I’ve worked on a good number of short Bach pieces, which tend to be pretty much a single idea per piece. This ranges far more widely within the piece both in style and feel. It’s interesting alright that this came out just when Scarlatti’s sonatas did.

[Linked Image]
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
42. barbaram - Little Prelude in E Minor BWV 941
Well done, Barbara, sounds really good. Happens to me too - - I usually make my best recordings when I am not really trying to make a recording!

44. sinophilia - Birmingham Blues
Nice, gently swinging bluesy sound. Very musical!

49. initK - Dream a little dream of me
Well done! Your playing is very musical, probably because of all the classical background you have (however long ago). The trials and tribulations of recording will surely get easier if you continue to participate, which I hope you do.

50. Terry Michael - Prelude in A Major Op.28 No.7
Well done, Terry. This is one of those little gems that I have been hearing all my life, but it's always a pleasure to hear it once more. Thanks for that!

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
55. Ralphiano - Sonatina, Op.36, No.1, mvmt 1 &2, Clementi I’ve had the sheet music for this Sonatina for years but never worked on it. Now I think I should - I enjoyed that! Good luck wth your piano search, and with finding a sheet music store these days. There are no longer any here in Brisbane.

58. JJHLH - Minuet A Minor, Z649 Congratulations on wonderful progress - not only with your performance but also with recording it and submitting the result to a Recital after only 5 months at the piano.

59. Pathbreaker - Arabeske 1 Oh, that was a delight!

60. Mr Super-Hunky - Variation of Bach G Minor Piano tiles 2 Wow. I loved the insistent beat from the first notes, then fell in love with the way you handled the melody that started around 1:22. Bravo!

61. Handyman (John) - Leaves on the Seine David Lanz has composed some lovely pieces! Beautiful playing John, that really breathed.

62. Sam S - Fantasie in c minor Thanks to videos, we can all come to your house to hear you play that Fantasie to us. That was brilliant - thank you, Sam!

And more ‘thank-yous’: to all 61 piano-loving participants; to everyone who listened to ‘Tomorrow’s Song’; to all who kindly gave me feedback; to Sam, again, for stepping up to keep these Recitals going.
And of course, to you, Monica, with love, for being a wonderful inspiration here for so many years past, and for so many yet to come. heart

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
B
B
Well. it's obvious that almost anyone who wanted to comment did, so it's time for saying BIG "thank you" to anyone who had patience to listen to my playing. Thank you for your kind comments and "likes"...
I am a fan of more pop piano, but I guess next time I will try to present some classics (we'll see about that, I might get swayed by another magical piano theme against which I have no protection and fall in love so easily:-)

I'm looking forward to the next thing that will unite us.

Last edited by Balezin Dmitry; 08/22/19 08:31 AM.

I just can't live without some music in my life
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
60.Mr Super-Hunky - Bach Wonderful! Your skills keep growing and growing. I have such admiration for your persistence

13. Moo smile Impromptu Very smoothly played and nice to listen to.

53. Richard (zrtf90) - Consolation Quietly beautiful. What a lovely tribute to Monica.

29. Animisha - Angelfish Haunting, lovely. By the way, is that you in your avatar? It always makes me laugh with delight.

46. Tyrone Slothrop - Cold Wind Aptly named, eh? It has that feel of a winter storm settling in for the long haul. Br-r-r

37. Greener/Jeff - Salute What an interesting piece. I like the swing when that kicks in. Well done.

44. sinophilia - Birmingham Blues You had me from the first note! What great style you have. You must have been born to the blues.

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
And a couple more responses:

MeganR - I'm glad your father and I are kindred souls smile

cmb13 - thanks laugh

Qwerty53 -"Perhaps “more music” is always the answer, no matter what the question might be!
" Can I put that in my signature? I think you're absolutely right smile

Thanks to all who have listened, who played, who administered, and who have such great ideas as online recitals.

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
D
D
Thanks to those who have offered very generous comments on my submission. It means a lot to me, as I normally avoid submitting pieces that have obvious errors but this is where I was with this sonata.

I feel guilty not commenting on individual submissions but some of these recitals fall on the busiest part of the year for me, like a major conference in mid-November or the beginning of the academic year both at my kids' schools and the university where I teach (mid- to late August). But I've been listening to the recital and enjoying it immensely!

Monica, what a touching and powerful performance! Thank you.

Originally Posted by Terry Michael

20. dumka1 - Sonata in E minor, Hob. XVI: 34, 1st movement - Such a pretty and yet bold Sonata. I loved it. Beyond my level. Is it just me or does the second half feel a bit more 'refined'?

Thanks. In fact, I have another recording where it's just the opposite--the first half is much smoother and the second turned out more shaky. I even created a "cheat" video combining the two recordings and was considering editing the audio for this recital (with full disclosure, of course), but decided to go with the rules.

Dmitry, so yes, I do have a video but I don't usually submit them. Thanks for your kind words!

What a wonderful and supportive group of people!

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
02. Peyton - For Monica. This was a beautiful original composition Peyton and the fact that you wrote it for Monica made it that much more special. I must admit that I am writing this comment with heavy tears in my eyes as your piece set off a few emotional responses I could not control. That's what happens when you care about someone; especially someone as special as Monica is to us... Nice job.

07. MarieJ- Tomorrow's Song. Another somber piece that stoked many emotions. Thanks for posting this Marie, you did a great job with this delicate piece.

10. Jazztpt - Zero. I've always enjoyed your jazzy performances and wish you would become a regular recital contributor again. Your part of the 'original' recital group and we need to stick together as there is not many of us left here. Excellent original performance as always from you.

15. Serge88 - Daniel. This was great Serge. Yes, it was just a tiny bit slow but rather have quality over speed. Definitely had me singing along with it and that's the point right? Nice job.

17. joangolfing - Who Is He? This was very nice Joan. I liked all the subtle chord changes throughout the piece.

18. zsolpyW - Prelude in c-sharp minor op.2 no.3. I love this piece and the way you played all those dramatic chords. Great tune for a spooky night or possibly for an upcoming Halloween performance. Lots of powerful confidence in your playing as well. I loved it!

23. Riddler (Ed) - Emily. You hooked me from the very beginning with this piece Ed. Very strong and fluid intro. your playing is really getting good btw, You're a great example of how someone improves over time as I've been listening to your performances for years here. Keep up the good work!

24. Peterws - Daydreams. Peter, I have yet to figure you out. Rambling drunken sailor?, Pirate from a different time? or possibly someone with deep inherent emotions whose chosen music to let us hear the beauty of what they sound like? I think I know the answer but I'll keep it our secret okay? Once again you got me with these beautiful melodies that I am a sucker for. Well done.

26. Jotur - Cathy Turner - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose. Cathy I always enjoy your spirited submissions in these recitals especially knowing how much your audience loves and appreciates them when you perform. What stood out for me was the confident bass I heard in this performance which really kept it perky. Great job.

27. Jazzyprof - Spirit Dreams. Nicely played Jazzyprof. I liked your controlled playing and especially the soft ending. Piano and recording quality are top notch too. Good job.

30. Monica K. - Ascent. Monica this was beautiful as all of your performances have been. I could recognize that deep M&H bass which I love so much from your opening note along with all of the meaningful notes that followed. I am so sad to think that this may be your last recital, but I am so grateful that we've had so much fun here together for the past 14 years! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being such a wonderful person and such a good friend to myself and everyone else you have touched. You made a difference to so many.,..a BIG one.

M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
My next segment:

21. Peter Hontaru - Waltz in a minor You play this with great sensitivity to the feel - I like how you transitioned it to the live performance!

22. ralph L. - Nostalgy It’s nice to have your own little “combo” to play with! Very nice.

23. Riddler (Ed) - Emily This is a new piece to me, but I think you gave it the right mood. Really pretty piece!

24. Peterws - Daydreams I love your musical ramblings!

25. Snejana - Sad Story of the Vagabond I love the lamenting Bartok, and the Kabalevsky is one I haven’t heard before, but it seems to match very well with the Bartok.

26. jotur - Cathy Turner - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose I agree - having the music have meaning is more important than getting all the right notes any day. What a fun piece!

27. Jazzyprof - Spirit Dreams I love hearing original works - thanks for sharing this!

28. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - I Giorni Oo, so pretty! I’ve found a new piece to learn. I love how you play this too.

29. Animisha - Angelfish You play this very well! Thanks for sharing an unknown composer, this is a good find.

30. Monica K. - Ascent Monica, you brought tears to my eyes with your playing. Thank you for all of your contributions over the years and sharing your journey and love of Einaudi with us.

31. tjbron - Prelude Op. 11 No. 21 in Bb Major I haven’t done much Scriabin, but I can see what you like about them. Your playing shows an understanding of what he was trying to evoke, even with those surprise harmonies.

32. Mosotti - Mia & Sebastian's Theme Very nice playing and voicing in the octaves!

33. Balezin Dmitry - He's a pirate I think the tempo is fine, it has the excitement that it needs. That red dot is a problem! The best advice I can offer is do it a lot, and give yourself lots of time to record (like a couple of weeks), and just do as many takes to start forgetting about it. You did very well with it, in spite of that!

34. JoBert - Herberge (from Waldszenen, Opus 82) What a sweet little piece! I’ve never heard this before (maybe back in the Schumann recital?), so I appreciate you sharing this with us.

35. Jason Lenthe - Maple Leaf Rag How fun! I don’t like my rags to “clean” because they lose the style. This was perfect!

36. Ido - Allemande from Suite in D-Minor HWV 437 It’s easy to forget Handel wrote keyboard music as well. You play this so well!

37. Greener/Jeff - Salute Nice work on playing a transcription - that must have been tricky!

38. Ganddalf - Habanera I love Spanish music, so I was eager to hear this one. Thanks for sharing this gem with us!

39. Qwerty53 - Softly, William, Softly (Nocturne no. 6) My father was a big fan of Brubeck’s, and I love how this piece is so accessible. I’d say he accomplished his goal with this piece of bridging the gap between classical and jazz.

40. timmyab - Sinfonia no 11 Bach is hard - even his “easy” pieces. This was beautiful.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
[quote=jotur][
29. Animisha - Angelfish Haunting, lovely. By the way, is that you in your avatar? It always makes me laugh with delight.

Thank you jotur, and yes, that is me on a warm summer day, when I get to play with water!

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
62. Sam- It's funny you mention your harpsichord. Without reading what you wrote the first thing I thought when listening was "Wow, this would sound great on Sam's harpsichord". Anyway... nice playing on what sounds like a very difficult piece.

12. MeaganR- Wonderful. It's sounds very smooth and in control.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
53. Richard (zrtf90) - Consolation No. 3 Wow, so this is what perfection sounds like! I absolutely loved this. I could listen to a 2 hour extended version of this piece no problem. So relaxing. Excellent performance.

56. ShiroKuro - Nuvole Bianche Beautiful job with this delicate piece ShiroKuro. One of my top Einaudi favorites and the fact that you are dedicating this performing to Monica makes it that more special. Loved it.

57. Morodiene - Le Onde I love the dramatic/haunting melody of this piece and you did a wonderful job with it. More Einaudi in future recitals please!

59. Pathbreaker - Arabeske 1 Wow, this was super-fantastic! I loved all the dreamyness about this piece, almost fantasy sounding. great job.

61. Handyman (John) - Leaves on the Seine Very nice performance of this ultra delicate piece Handyman. It's a tear jerker and reminder of what's really important in life. Nicely done.

62. Sam S - Fantasie in c minor This sounded a bit tricky to play, especially with all the trills throughout the piece but you did a fine job with this piece Sam. I agree with Peyton that this would sound fantastic on a REAL harpsichord; probably because of all the trills. A request for the future? Nicely done.

Thank you MarieJ and Riddler for your kind words and for listening. I just got feedback from my teacher. Ugh. I still have a long ways to go on the piece but I'll get there!

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission