2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, crab89, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, 13 invisible), 2,113 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Originally Posted by aphexdisklavier
very nice....! You need also another music rest wink
I bought the Yamaha: https://www.thomann.de/de/yamaha_tyros_music_rest.htm
You can set the screws for the VPC. It looks far better than the Kawai music rest and has larger width.

It looks like the OP is using a monitor or tablet though. Don't need much of a music rest for those.

Yup, I don't quite feel an urge for another music rest, as I never use paper sheet music (I think of buying some books from time to time, but even then, this music rest is wide enough). But thanks for the tip! I'm more interested in that rubber-looking thingy you lay your books and stuff on, where did you get that? The smooth one and the one with woven style? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Jitin
how do you past the image, piano world only give you option to add a link to an image?

On Google Chrome: right click on the imgbb image (large or small), choose copy image address - this copies the image address directly, ending with an extension (*.png, *.jpg etc.).

Other browsers: I'm sure it works in the same or in a similar way.

PW only knows how to display images given by an URL directly, so if you do [ img ]blah.jpg[ /img ] with that image URL, you'll get photos in your posts. This is a pain in the ass with things like Google Drive, where I wasn't able to retrieve the image URL directly (probably because of the security reasons: you want to be able to change the privacy settings back to private, which wouldn't be effective if others knew the URL of your images).

Last edited by Chopin Acolyte; 08/19/19 11:08 AM.
A
A
Originally Posted by Chopin Acolyte
You can set the screws for the VPC. It looks far better than the Kawai music rest and has larger width.

It looks like the OP is using a monitor or tablet though. Don't need much of a music rest for those.

Yup, I don't quite feel an urge for another music rest, as I never use paper sheet music (I think of buying some books from time to time, but even then, this music rest is wide enough). But thanks for the tip! I'm more interested in that rubber-looking thingy you lay your books and stuff on, where did you get that? The smooth one and the one with woven style? Thanks.

Its something like that: https://smile.amazon.de/Halterollen...amp;refRID=J0T0CRABZMV8G8H7BS3F&th=1

Last edited by aphexdisklavier; 08/19/19 11:34 AM.

Kawai VPC1, Nektar Impact GXP61+88
Past: "Fazer" acoustic piano, Yamaha P120, Roland JV90, M-audio and Novation Midi Keyboards
other instruments: electric and acoustic violins, Wal custom 4 string e-bass, Sire V7 fretless e-bass, Musser vibraphone
Software: Logic Pro
OP Offline

Its something like that: https://smile.amazon.de/Halterollen...amp;refRID=J0T0CRABZMV8G8H7BS3F&th=1

Hm, would you please translate that to English so I can find it on my Amazon? Google translate says "Halterollers" is "holding rolls" which kinda doesn't make sense shocked

A
A
https://www.amazon.com/PX-Home-Anti-slip-Underlay-Furniture/dp/B07DQJ5YXT/ref=sr_1_79?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=1330JI7I1DKTZ&keywords=carpet+anti+slip+pad&qid=1566229386&s=gateway&sprefix=carpet+an%2Caps%2C270&sr=8-79

Last edited by aphexdisklavier; 08/19/19 11:46 AM.

Past: "Fazer" acoustic piano, Yamaha P120, Roland JV90, M-audio and Novation Midi Keyboards
other instruments: electric and acoustic violins, Wal custom 4 string e-bass, Sire V7 fretless e-bass, Musser vibraphone
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

Thanks! Found a similar thing in the US I'm going to buy.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Hm, would you please translate that to English so I can find it on my Amazon? Google translate says "Halterollers" is "holding rolls" which kinda doesn't make sense shocked

I hope you're kidding.

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Don't you mean "holy rollers"? smile

Anyway, those mats are available at any of the we-sell-all-manner-of-crap big box stores. Target, any-old Mart, etc. etc.

But you'll have to drive to the store and back to get them. That might take an hour or so. I'm betting that Amazon can deliver faster than that! smile

EVC2017 #2881401 08/19/19 05:56 PM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by MacMacMac

Anyway, those mats are available at any of the we-sell-all-manner-of-crap big box stores. Target, any-old Mart, etc. etc.

But you'll have to drive to the store and back to get them. That might take an hour or so. I'm betting that Amazon can deliver faster than that! smile

Haha you might be true but I first need to know the name of that thing, otherwise I'm not sure what to search for. "Rubber mats" yield all kinds of car mats, door mats etc, nothing I would put on a piano, "Rubber pads" yields gaskets etc.

Originally Posted by EVC2017

I hope you're kidding.

Eh, no. I don't speak German and English is not my first language so if "holding rolls" means something, I apologize, I'm just not familiar with it (also, when I google "holding rolls", nothing relevant comes up).

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

Haha you might be true but I first need to know the name of that thing, otherwise I'm not sure what to search for. "Rubber mats" yield all kinds of car mats, door mats etc, nothing I would put on a piano, "Rubber pads" yields gaskets etc.

Didn't you see my message 4 above this one? I link the item on the American Amazon.com

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
OP Offline

Didn't you see my message 4 above this one? I link the item on the American Amazon.com

Yes but I would also like to know what that smooth black thing is in his picture, the one that he uses as a writing pad...

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

Yes but I would also like to know what that smooth black thing is in his picture, the one that he uses as a writing pad...

Yes, ok. But he sent us two links for the other thing and none for the writing pad thing.

[Linked Image]

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Eh, no. I don't speak German and English is not my first language so if "holding rolls" means something, I apologize, I'm just not familiar with it (also, when I google "holding rolls", nothing relevant comes up).

I don't speak german either. It is just that the page offers a few languages other than german, including english. Here it appears under the looking glass.

Anyway

2 Support Rolls = Each 190 cm x 30.5 cm Long = total BER 11600 cm2 = Ultimate Extra Thick 400 gsm = Floor, Mat, Insert, Drawers Hold = Hundreds of Other Household or Car Uses!

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
EVC2017 #2881416 08/19/19 06:29 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by EVC2017

I don't speak german either. It is just that the page offers a few languages other than german, including english. Here it appears under the looking glass.

Anyway

2 Support Rolls = Each 190 cm x 30.5 cm Long = total BER 11600 cm2 = Ultimate Extra Thick 400 gsm = Floor, Mat, Insert, Drawers Hold = Hundreds of Other Household or Car Uses!

Yes, that is the rug pads that I linked above from the American Amazon.com. But it isn't the writing pad thing that the OP is now asking about.

[Linked Image]

OP Offline
BTW my roommate also pointed out that the checkered pad is awfully similar to the pads that are found in kitchen cabinets, where people put dishes. I understand now why the black color is somewhat rare amongst those. Ours are white laugh

Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
If you try "Kitchen silicone mats" then you can find these silicone mats with a kind of mesh type pattern. The kind of thing you use to secure a plate from slipping if eating your dinner from a tray etc. They're usually clear or translucent white in colour and you usually get them either in sizes or in a roll you can cut to size. I'll try and find them for you if you get stuck.

OP Offline
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793QC8ZV/ref=psdc_3194593011_t4_B079FXWKL3

this seems very similar, and it's cheaper than other things I found on Amazon (though shipping is extra, so the price goes back up)

A
A

Yes it is only a cutted black plastic writing pad. Nothing special. Its good for writing down some music very fast. Look at stores, you`ll find very different ones (maybe leather etc that you will lay on your holy controller wink )I don´t make efforts to find out every details for your convenience. "Hm, would you please translate that to English so I can find it on my Amazon? Google translate says "Halterollers" is "holding rolls" which kinda doesn't make sense shocked" oh yeah.....

Last edited by aphexdisklavier; 08/20/19 05:25 AM.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

Just to lay this to rest:

The term "Halterollen" (from the German Amazon description) isn't actually a German term either. And in that context, it doesn't make sense in German either. "Hallterollen" is just as much nonsense in German as "holding rolls" is in English. I think what was meant was something like "aufgerollte Anti-Rutschmatte" (i.e. "rolled up anti-slip mat"), but that was botched severely.
So no wonder Google translate (which even under the best conditions can be problematic) didn't give you a proper translation.

This whole Amazon article description of the "Halterollen" is full of spelling and grammar mistakes. To be honest, I think "Halterollen" (and the rest of the article description) already is the result of a Google translation (from whatever original language the seller speaks).

Kawai Novus NV10
My amateur piano recordings on YouTube
Latest Recording: Always With Me (from Studio Ghibli: Spirited Away)
J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
Great job! Looks fantastic!

JoBert #2881590 08/20/19 10:22 AM
OP Offline
I don´t make efforts to find out every details for your convenience. "Hm, would you please translate that to English so I can find it on my Amazon? Google translate says "Halterollers" is "holding rolls" which kinda doesn't make sense shocked" oh yeah.....

I am sorry I inconvenienced you.

Originally Posted by JoBert

Just to lay this to rest:

The term "Halterollen" (from the German Amazon description) isn't actually a German term either. And in that context, it doesn't make sense in German either. "Hallterollen" is just as much nonsense in German as "holding rolls" is in English. I think what was meant was something like "aufgerollte Anti-Rutschmatte" (i.e. "rolled up anti-slip mat"), but that was botched severely.
So no wonder Google translate (which even under the best conditions can be problematic) didn't give you a proper translation.

This whole Amazon article description of the "Halterollen" is full of spelling and grammar mistakes. To be honest, I think "Halterollen" (and the rest of the article description) already is the result of a Google translation (from whatever original language the seller speaks).

Haha that's really funny, thank you for the explanation! I didn't know that the german version of Amazon is just a googe translation of the English page.

I ordered some silicon non-slip sheet. The most annoying thing about VPC is the angled slippery top, I can't safely place my headphones there, they are guaranteed to slide down. I hope that rubber sheet will prevent that. If not...well, I always wanted a heat resistent pad for my kitchen, who wouldn't.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission