Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
53 registered members (5penguins, Aristede, barbaram, 36251, 5150917069, Animisha, AlphaBravoCharlie, BadGirlBlues, ando, 9 invisible), 1,044 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880015
08/15/19 08:10 PM
08/15/19 08:10 PM
Near Yosemite, California
MeganR Offline
Silver Subscriber
MeganR  Offline
Silver Subscriber

First set of comments - as always a wonderful recital. I am so grateful to Monica and all who make these possible.

01. Pianogrlnw (Ellen) - Walk A great piece to start the recital with, beautifully played.

02. Peyton - For Monica Love this composition!

03. mel_lem (Melanie) - Tico-Tico no fuba Wonderful! Perfect piece to return with, really enjoyed.

04. facdo - Prelude in C minor - Op. 28 No. 20 Your playing was very expressive and conveyed such emotion.

05. Ted Jones - Medley (1967) This was great, loved the sound of the "old timey" tape!

06. snowfox - Prelude in D minor - BWV 940 Well done, really like this "little" prelude.

07. MarieJ - Tomorrow's Song Lovely and so beautifully played. My teacher has mentioned this composer to me for possible pieces, maybe I'll put this one on the to-do list.

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880033
08/15/19 10:44 PM
08/15/19 10:44 PM
Queensland Australia
MarieJ Offline
Gold Subscriber
MarieJ  Offline
Gold Subscriber

Queensland Australia
I’m going to jump around a little this time, and start with - who else - the Einaudians.

Disappointing that you didn’t manage to join this group, Sam, (I didn’t either, this time smile ) but you’re forgiven everything for your wonderful work in continuing to bring us these invaluable Recitals.

01. Pianogrlnw (Ellen) - Walk Just beautiful, Ellen! You’ve certainly captured the essence of this lovely piece. (I’ve attempted it but I still have a l-o-n-g way to go to do it justice.)

28. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - I Giorni iGiorni introduced me to Einaudi in December 2011, and started me on my piano journey. Thanks, Dan - loved your touch and dynamics!

30. Monica K. - Ascent What a haunting, quintessentially-Einaudi piece. And how wonderful that you managed such a sensitive, beautiful rendition despite everything else that is going on in your life. I loved the development around the 2.00 minute mark; again, your performance just reminds me why Einaudi is my all-time favourite composer too.

46. Tyrone Slothrop - Cold Wind var. 1 I’m looking forward to hearing a lot more Einaudi from you, Tyrone! Wonderful playing; you managed to capture the atmosphere of the full album version with your 'solo' AvantGrand. And the video was a real bonus!

56. ShiroKuro - Nuvole Bianche Nuvole Bianche joins iGiorni as two of my all-time favourite Einaudi pieces. I loved your playing - thank you! thumb

57. Morodiene - Le Onde I’m being thoroughly spoiled in this Recital, with yet another of my longest-standing Einaudi favourites to enjoy - and I certainly did with this. Lovely dynamics, particularly with the fading in the closing bars.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LV

My C3 - solace.
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880035
08/15/19 11:04 PM
08/15/19 11:04 PM
Florida
R
Riddler Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Riddler  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
R

Florida
03. mel_lem (Melanie) - Tico-Tico no fuba
Wonderful rhythms and syncopations! I love that song! I used to play it on the Hammond organ, which is easier. You play with real spirit!

04. facdo - Prelude in C minor - Op. 28 No. 20
Powerful! Intense! Beautiful!

06. snowfox - Prelude in D minor - BWV 940
Those independent lines are so hard to play, but you have managed to play them with a real sense of musicality. Well done!

09. Jerzyk19 - La Vie En Roses
Ah, yes, I'm one of the old geezers who love those sentimental songs from days long gone. Beautifully played!

10. Jazztpt - Zero
Melodically, harmonically, and rhythmically sophisticated! And beautifully played!

14. Tim Adrianson - Three Nocturnes (1919)
Wow, thanks for introducing us to these intriguing pieces. Great stuff!

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880046
08/16/19 01:26 AM
08/16/19 01:26 AM
Queensland Australia
MarieJ Offline
Gold Subscriber
MarieJ  Offline
Gold Subscriber

Queensland Australia
02. Peyton - For Monica Such a gentle and lovely piece, Peyton, and most appropriately named; I’d be betting that Monica will want to play it. I most certainly would love to - have you produced the sheet music? Can I buy a copy?

03. mel_lem (Melanie) - Tico-Tico no fuba Wow - how good is this! Toe-tapping magic! Bravo!

04. facdo - Prelude in C minor - Op. 28 No. 20 This is a beautiful Prelude, and you handled the tricky dynamics with great sensitivity. (Please keep your promise of submitting an Einaudi piece - there are so many to choose from!)

05. Ted Jones - Medley (1967) A highly-energetic medley from Teenage Ted - and recorded on reel-to-reel tape. Wow, that’s stepping back in time. Great fun!

06. snowfox - Prelude in D minor - BWV 940 A very sweet performance, Snowfox!

07. MarieJ - Tomorrow's Song Tomorrow - I just may achieve that elusive ‘perfect’ recording …

08. wouter79 - Bourrree from Water Music I could just see those 50 musicians 300 years ago, drifting upstream on a barge. Your rendition sang along nicely; your serious work certainly paid off.

09. Jerzyk19 - La Vie En Roses Highlights: That rose, the wineglass wallpaper, the fact that you’re playing from music sheets (lead sheets?), your arrangement, the melody - oh, and your performance! smile

10. Jazztpt - Zero So glad that you did take part in this Recital - that was really special! thumb

My C3 - solace.
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880079
08/16/19 05:17 AM
08/16/19 05:17 AM
Queensland Australia
MarieJ Offline
Gold Subscriber
MarieJ  Offline
Gold Subscriber

Queensland Australia
11. KevinM - Von Fremden Laendern und Menschen A delicate, lovely touch, Kevin, with great dynamics to make it a delightful listen.

12. MeganR - BWV 942 Prelude in A Minor It sounded ‘right’ to me - as if you were owning and really enjoying it. Nicely done, Megan!

13. Moo smile - Impromptu opus 90 no 3 A very impressive rendition of a demanding but very beautiful composition. I enjoyed it tremendously.

14. Tim Adrianson - Three Nocturnes (1919) I’ve never heard these Nocturnes before, and found them entrancing. You certainly should be pleased with such a wonderfully polished performance.

15. Serge88 - Daniel Your slower tempo is fine, really bringing out the melancholy of this great Elton John favourite. Very well played!

My C3 - solace.
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880113
08/16/19 07:37 AM
08/16/19 07:37 AM
Maine
Peyton Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Peyton  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Maine
30. Monica, I listened to this when you put it up on youtube and only had a few things to say. Sometimes words just can't say enough. It's beautifully played and just a hauntingly lovely piece.

"Nothing moves...where would it go?"
www.youtube.com/Biffer5
www.peytonart.com

Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880133
08/16/19 08:34 AM
08/16/19 08:34 AM
W
wouter79 Offline
5000 Post Club Member
wouter79  Offline
5000 Post Club Member
W

Monica,
Thanks for joining in to what might be your last recital!

You wrote you are trying to get the most quality of life for your remaining time. So it's nice to see that making it here has so much priority.

Following that line, I'm curious, are there other top priority things you really want to do in your remaining time ? Or the other way round, things you dropped immediately? For instance did you keep working?

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880238
08/16/19 11:44 AM
08/16/19 11:44 AM
MeganR Offline
Silver Subscriber
MeganR  Offline
Silver Subscriber

08. wouter79 - Bourrree from Water Music Your work on the voicing really did the trick, well played.

09. Jerzyk19 - La Vie En Roses I did enjoy this arrangement greatly, love this piece.

10. Jazztpt - Zero Soooo nice, wonderful performance!

11. KevinM - Von Fremden Laendern und Menschen I love this piece and have it on my "learn someday" list. I can only hope to play it as well as you have, with a lovely light touch, perfectly melodic.

13. Moo smile - Impromptu opus 90 no 3 I agree with the poster who complimented your touch on the bass notes, nicely balanced tone. You played this piece beautifully.

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880244
08/16/19 12:15 PM
08/16/19 12:15 PM
Florida
cmb13 Online content

Silver Level
cmb13  Online Content

Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member

Florida
I'm listening to these at random; here's what I covered so far.

Great playing by all. A lot of Einaudi (surprise?) and a lot of Bach!

04. facdo - Prelude in C minor - Op. 28 No. 20 Great playing. This was among my first real pieces as well. So powerful!

11. KevinM - Von Fremden Laendern und Menschen (That was very nice, Kevin, you're return is going well!

12. MeganR - BWV 942 Prelude in A Minor I'm torturing myself with the Little Preludes right now also. Why are they sooo hard?? The way I see it is if it doesn't kill me, it'll make me stronger! Nice playing.

18. zsolpyW - Prelude in c-sharp minor op.2 no.3 Nicely done, thanks for the informative introduction into the manufacturer, Legnica.

29. Animisha - Angelfish Nice playing, enjoyed it! It was fun to watch the video with the hand crossing. Very smooth!

46. Tyrone Slothrop - Cold Wind var. 1 That was really nice, Lt, you're definitely playing real music now, with the new piano and lots of practice, you have kicked it up a notch! Rachmaninov, here you come!

50. Terry Michael - Prelude in A Major Op.28 No.7 If there's only one, that's a good one, nice and brief, (with some tricky reaches), but I suspect you'll have others in the future as well! Time to move on to the Prelude in E minor.

51. QuasiUnaFantasia - Kleines Praeludium - BWV 999 That was a nice prelude, I liked the tempo, it had a nice intensity to it. I'm not sure if Bach would have liked the pedal, but I did smile.

52. lvojnovic - Invention No. 1 in C Major, BWV 772 I like this one...I'm looking forward to hitting it one day. I'm trying to do Bach systematically, though, starting with the Little Preludes. Great job, very smooth.

53. Richard (zrtf90) - Consolation No. 3 One of my favorites!!! Really enjoyed your interpretation. I remember you helped me with this one when I posted it for the 50th recital! I have continued to work on it since then, coming back to it periodically. In fact, I played it just last night!

Regarding tempo, you may remember I questioned this when I recorded it. Since then, I have been playing it more slowly, with about 10-15% reduction in tempo, as I like to let it breathe a little more. I also tend to use just a little more rubato at various places. I have been aware to close the gap between the first bass note and the rest of the notes in the measure, as you had advised.

I am now really building up to that Ab on the crescendo in M14, the first of the two climaxes, and even more so on the first chord in M42, which I progressively build to beginning in M41, reaching great intensity with the first chord in M42.

I loved how smoothly you played M56. I still worry just a little bit on that measure that I'm not as even as I'd like to be. In M59-60, I tend to respect the ritardando and perdendosi, gradually increasing the increments between each eighth then each quarter note. Finally, I lift the pedal as I play the final Db chord (composed of just the F-Ab), letting the rest die away as I hold the chord. What do you think?

Thanks for your help on this piece, and for sharing your interpretation.

54. Sam Rose - Invention 14 in Bb major Nice playing, Sam, Bach is tricky!

55. Ralphiano - Sonatina, Op.36, No.1, mvmt 1 &2, Clementi Hey, Ralph! Big piece, sounds like you had fun with it. There were a couple of misses; I wonder if it might help to slow it down a bit. I personally tried this one about two years ago but never bothered to perfect it, as I found it frustrating to do so, and moved on. I'm sure you can nail it as you've come this far, if you choose to, or move on as I did. Either way, nice work.

57. Morodiene - Le Onde Wow! You killed this one! Then again, I shouldn't have anticipated anything less. Your tempo was fast, yet, the dynamics were strong, and the piece moved, from beginning to end. Thanks for sharing!

59. Pathbreaker - Arabeske 1 Very pretty. I love that piece. I play around with it from time to time, but have not yet committed to learning it.

60. Mr Super-Hunky - Variation of Bach G Minor Piano tiles 2 Really interesting piece. I liked it a lot, it sounded like a combination of Einaudi and Bach! Can you tell us more about Piano Tiles?

62. Sam S - Fantasie in c minor Excellent! What more is there to say! Wow, there was lot of Bach on this recital!

Last edited by cmb13; 08/16/19 12:16 PM.

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Debussy Clair De Lune
Bach Inventions
Grieg Sonata - Andante molto

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880276
08/16/19 01:48 PM
08/16/19 01:48 PM
Boynton Beach, FL
Morodiene Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Morodiene  Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Boynton Beach, FL
I'll be listening and commenting in sections, for here's the first 10:

01. Pianogrlnw (Ellen) - Walk Such enchanting playing - what a great way to start this recital!

02. Peyton - For Monica This displays such a fine sensitivity and deep serenity. Thank you for sharing this piece with us.

03. mel_lem (Melanie) - Tico-Tico no fuba This is really a fun piece - what a gem! I think I’ll download this to learn smile

04. facdo - Prelude in C minor - Op. 28 No. 20 This is one of my favorite Chopin preludes. You gave it a very majestic feel!

05. Ted Jones - Medley (1967) I love the vintage sound this has - it matches the ragtime style so well!

06. snowfox - Prelude in D minor - BWV 940 Nice, even control throughout! I think you can try adding some dynamic contrast between the voices to help direct our ears to different hands depending on what you think is important - that will give this piece even more dimension smile

07. MarieJ - Tomorrow's Song I can see why this piece captivated you - you’ve got me hooked now smile You play this with a great sense of style!

08. wouter79 - Bourrree from Water Music I know what you mean about having to resolve blockiness with a hymn-like texture. I really like how you added just a bit of stretching the tempo in at around 0:51 and 1:08 and the ending - this was very effective. You could even add a bit of phrasing even if it’s not written in to help disguise the blockiness.

09. Jerzyk19 - La Vie En Roses I was surprised to hear this, expecting Edith Piaf to start in at any moment smile . My only suggestions would be to clear the pedal a bit more in some places where the harmonies blurred, and also you can roll more of the chords to add to the style, but great rubato throughout!

10. Jazztpt - Zero I love how this picks up with more energy as you go along - you really take us on a musical journey with this!

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880277
08/16/19 01:51 PM
08/16/19 01:51 PM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
7000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Northern England.
1 Wouter79

Lovely, Pleasant deep sound to it. Kicks off the recital; a kind of classy prelude.!

2 Claudimir Medeiros

Your Yamaha does sound nice; better than those in the shop I was at, prob. because I'm not playing this! Nice and steady. Couldn't spot any deliberate mistakes. Good stuff.

3 Mossoti

Super playing. Very well done for the expression (depression) you put into this piece. Chopin in one of his gloomiest couldn't've done better! Honestly, great stuff for such a short time.

4 Peyton

Loved the expression you put into this; nothing harsh sounding at all. Well played.

5 MarieJ

Never know what to expect with Einaudi. This is so tinkling, and pleasing. It'd sound so nice with a string, or orchestral backing. I might do something like that myself sometime and see what happens . . . .

6 Jerzik19

Bit of everything here! This is lively, restrained, sophisticated. Your piano sounds super; the whole is a vibrant piece of music. Lovely!

7 AKC42 Alan Chandler

Wholly pleasing piece here; you make it flow well, and comfortably steady. Enjoyed.

8 Kevin M

Loved your rendition of this. I played this years ago in church. Not like this though. So expressive; your piano sounds just great. Well done.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880287
08/16/19 02:16 PM
08/16/19 02:16 PM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
7000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Northern England.
9 Sandleholme

A nice sophistication I could only wish for. So calm, fluid; great dynamics. One of Chopin's better pieces. Loved it.

10 Thomas

Oh wow! What a start! My gramps played in silent films during the Slump when no money was coming in. You have a great atmosphere going here; the music needs steadying, but still fits in so well in its agito tempo (my own word, ha ha) Keep 'em coming!

11 bsharp cyclist

Super! I did the Grieg "Little birds" and it sounded like "angry birds", Great job, man! And what a piano . . .

12 Cmb13

Thought this was Chopin; seems suitably expressive/depressive. I usually love Tch's work and you play this well, very well. I guess Mr T didn't welcome Autumn.

"[Linked Image]"
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880300
08/16/19 02:45 PM
08/16/19 02:45 PM
Ireland (ex England)
Z
zrtf90 Offline
3000 Post Club Member
zrtf90  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Z

Ireland (ex England)
Peter, I think you're listening to recital #54! Craig did October last time out but isn't in this one.

Richard
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: zrtf90] #2880313
08/16/19 03:11 PM
08/16/19 03:11 PM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
7000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Northern England.
Originally Posted by zrtf90
Peter, I think you're listening to recital #54! Craig did October last time out but isn't in this one.

Grief!" Thx for tellin' me. If this becomes public knowledge . . . .hahah ZRT has some prizes for those who picked up on this . . . . laugh Stupid Grin

Last edited by peterws; 08/16/19 03:20 PM.

"[Linked Image]"
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880324
08/16/19 03:51 PM
08/16/19 03:51 PM
Northern England.
peterws Offline
7000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Northern England.
Take 2;

1 Pianogrinw

Great sounding strong piano. Anything'd sound good on that. This was a lovely flowing piece with quite a bit of emotion detected by my oft defective radar. Nice work.

2 Peyton

An Einaudi sound alike! Ah, know somebody who'll appreciate that greatly. But in truth I think we all will, too. Splendid stuff.

3 Mel Lem

Super efforvescent, classy playing from such a little piano which delivers such expression! What is there not to like?

4 facdo

Heavily handled, as it should be. Never gonna cheer anyone up, but music itself is good. This was good, but I do feel a bit sorry for Chopin. He had a lot to put up with.

5 Ted Jones

Most excellent stuff here, played with aplomb and enough to make anyone smile. We need more mistakes to give it that "pub piano" feel of the twentys and thirties. Yes, I do need a drink.

6 Snow Fox

Great to hear Bach from one so new to this, and played so well. Faultless!

7 MarieJ

Some nice harmonies from this simple melody. And it's very melodious. Pianoteq has a nice sound when you play it. Lovely.

8 Wouter79

Lovely sound; reminds me of Christmas. Rich, fruity, any piano would like to sound like it. Great, lovely, just too short.

9 Jerzyk19

A big sound here. This sort of recording isn't what we can all achieve. So very well played on an expressive instrument.

10 Jazztp

Always good to hear your modern offerings; those chords are something else. Very soothing; it's good to hear it liven up. You make it sound so effortless.

I'll leave it there for tonight. I always seem to muck up when responding. Usually by pressing the wrong link and wiping out what I've done. But to respond to the wrong recital? Go on, Monica; have a laugh . . .

More tomorrow . . . time for some much needed Merlot. They say it's good for you.

"[Linked Image]"
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880353
08/16/19 05:10 PM
08/16/19 05:10 PM
Sheffield, UK
K
KevinM Offline
500 Post Club Member
KevinM  Offline
500 Post Club Member
K

Sheffield, UK
Another collection of responses from me. My comments do not do justice to how well everyone has done.

16. Claudemir Medeiros - Sonata op 49 n 2 - 2 mov

Lovely harpsichord type sound you given to this piece which suits it well. An great interpretation and I enjoyed it well.

17. joangolfing - Who Is He?

I like the contemplative feel of this piece. Feels like something to help get you into a reflective mood and think philosophical thoughts about life.

18. zsolpyW - Prelude in c-sharp minor op.2 no.3

Properly forbidding from the beginning. Really sets the scene for the whole piece. Another great interpretation. I've never listened to Rachmaninov before in at least in a way to connect a style to a composer. This is a truly interesting piece.

19. WTM - Will Mason - Impromptu no. 3 in G-flat Major, Op 90, D899

I love your finger work on this, keeping the different voices nicely clear, the top line melody, the middle kind of a chatty voice and then the deep sound support. All layered well. I want to learn this one day, I don't think I could ever do it for a recital.

20. dumka1 - Sonata in E minor, Hob. XVI: 34, 1st movement

Interesting piece well played.

21. Peter Hontaru - Waltz in a minor

You have captured the feeling of this piece well giving it a good waltz feel to it. When I learn it I want to give it the interest you have given it.

22. ralph L. - Nostalgy

Feels like proper mood music.

23. Riddler (Ed) - Emily

I feel like I am transported in time into the golden years of hollywood. Quite an achievement I think. Lovely interpretation.

24. Peterws - Daydreams

This is great, I wish my daydreaming reflections could come up with something so relaxing so I could drift on a lake in a small boat.

Mendelssohn Song without Words Op19,2 and 19,6, Jensen Sehnsucht Op8,5. Chopin Nocturne C# Minor. Schumann Hasche Mann from Kinderszenen Op15,3. https://soundcloud.com/sheffieldkevin
DP: Kawai MP11SE. HP: Superlux HD681 EVO
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880453
08/16/19 10:19 PM
08/16/19 10:19 PM
Florida
R
Riddler Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Riddler  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
R

Florida

15. Serge88 - Daniel
Serge, your playing is always so clean and crisp – no hesitations or weak notes or notes out of time. Wonderful playing overall!

16. Claudemir Medeiros - Sonata op 49 n 2 - 2 mov
Well done! Very precise, but also very musical and enjoyable.

18. zsolpyW - Prelude in c-sharp minor op.2 no.3
Oh boy, do I love that piece. You play with real passion, but also with accuracy. BTW, did you ever notice the similarity between the chords at the ending of this piece and the chords at the beginning of his piano concerto nr 2?

Ed

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880454
08/16/19 10:24 PM
08/16/19 10:24 PM
Auckland, New Zealand
T
Ted Online content
1000 Post Club Member
Ted  Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
T

Auckland, New Zealand
03. mel_lem (Melanie) - Tico-Tico no fuba
Splendid feeling for this type of rhythm.

10. Jazztpt - Zero
A very professional sound, lots of nice chords and phrasing.

23. Riddler (Ed) - Emily
A very attractive piece, interesting chords and compelling sentiment.

35. Jason Lenthe - Maple Leaf Rag
Like Joshua Rifkin and Brian Keenan, you prefer the authentic tempo in a piece which is often played at ridiculous speed. I think I prefer your way as it increases definition of the syncopation, which disappears altogether at high speed. Well done.

Last edited by Ted; 08/16/19 10:24 PM.

"We shall always love the music of the masters, but they are all dead and now it's our turn." - Llewelyn Jones, my piano teacher
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880457
08/16/19 10:35 PM
08/16/19 10:35 PM
Southeast US
ShiroKuro Offline
4000 Post Club Member
ShiroKuro  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Southeast US
I have so, so enjoyed listening to everyone’s recordings! I may not be able to comment on each one individually, but I have listened to each one twice so far and am just really enough it.

Monica, your performance and recording (as always) were wonderful! I don’t have the score for Ascent, but hearing you play it makes me want to go and buy it? smile

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880463
08/17/19 12:49 AM
08/17/19 12:49 AM
Queensland Australia
MarieJ Offline
Gold Subscriber
MarieJ  Offline
Gold Subscriber

Queensland Australia
16. Claudemir Medeiros - Sonata op 49 n 2 - 2 mov A very pleasing, confident performance - nice phrasing and dynamics.

17. joangolfing - Who Is He? I think you achieved all of the set goals - and more - with this choice. The melody sang clearly too; well done.

18. zsolpyW - Prelude in c-sharp minor op.2 no.3 You obviously love your venerable Legnica, and you have brought out its full capabilities with your fine and spirited performance. (And yes - it does have a strong bass!)

19. WTM - Will Mason - Impromptu no. 3 in G-flat Major, Op 90, D899 It’s a real treat when there are two versions of the same composition in the one Recital. That was a sensitive and polished performance, with lots of light and shade - amazing after only 14 months!

20. dumka1 - Sonata in E minor, Hob. XVI: 34, 1st movement A new one for me - a lovely piece indeed, with ‘good moments’ all the way through - terrific!

My C3 - solace.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  BB Player 

Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai Ca48 Best Option?
by Xenolith. 09/23/19 07:37 PM
Considering buying a used Yamaha P22
by TX-Bluebonnet. 09/23/19 07:20 PM
help me choose my DP
by yehiamansour. 09/23/19 06:36 PM
What is this piece?
by pianoloverus. 09/23/19 02:35 PM
What's Hot!!
Our August Newsletter is Out!
------------------
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour!

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics194,192
Posts2,872,602
Members94,485
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission