Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
119 registered members (anotherscott, Animisha, Abdol, AlphaBravoCharlie, 5150917069, astrotoy, Andrew_G, AWilley, ando, 32 invisible), 1,567 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room #2879721
08/15/19 06:09 AM
08/15/19 06:09 AM
A
AB Forum Recital Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
AB Forum Recital  Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
A

Welcome to the General Discussion Room for the AB Forum “Beginners and Beyond” Recital #55!

Please use this room for any discussion of the pieces in Recital #55 that is taking place in the Main Recital Thread.

Discussions and replies can be posted at-will. Feel free to comment on any or all individual pieces. Some members offer comments on each submission individually; others offer general congratulations. Either approach is appropriate. Feel free to offer more specific, technical feedback if the participant had indicated that technical feedback was welcome.

For those who wish to comment on all pieces, a copy and paste template for offering feedback can be found here:

Recital #55 Response Template

Please use this thread only to discuss recital performances. If you have any comments or suggestions about ways to make the recital process better, please start a separate thread.

Enjoy the music!

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2879764
08/15/19 06:38 AM
08/15/19 06:38 AM
Essex, UK
W
WTM Online content
WTM  Online Content
W

Essex, UK
35. Jason Lenthe - Maple Leaf Rag

Jason this performance was fantastic and got my feet tapping away under my desk at work. Incredible!

Last edited by WTM; 08/15/19 06:38 AM.

Yamaha CLP685
Enjoying piano since May 2018
My Youtube
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2879806
08/15/19 07:46 AM
08/15/19 07:46 AM
Florida
cmb13 Online content

Silver Level
cmb13  Online Content

Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member

Florida
Monica,

I actually laughed out loud when I read your lunch for the day. Working in healthcare, I know exactly what it is, and appreciate your ability to make the best of this rotten situation. You're keeping it light and enjoying your time with your music, and I'm sure your family and friends, and it's inspiring.

I listened to your Einauldi Assent on youtube a few days ago, but will be sure to listen again during my recital streaming when time permits. Keep your head up!

Craig

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Debussy Clair De Lune
Bach Inventions
Grieg Sonata - Andante molto

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2879807
08/15/19 07:49 AM
08/15/19 07:49 AM
Sheffield, UK
K
KevinM Online content
500 Post Club Member
KevinM  Online Content
500 Post Club Member
K

Sheffield, UK
46. Tyrone Slothrop - Cold Wind var. 1

This was beautiful Tyrone. You made this your own and the overall feel of the piece is great. A real tribute to Monica.

I also loved the short video clips to create a nice whole experience with your youtube version. Well done.

Mendelssohn Song without Words Op19,2 and 19,6, Jensen Sehnsucht Op8,5. Chopin Nocturne C# Minor. Schumann Hasche Mann from Kinderszenen Op15,3. https://soundcloud.com/sheffieldkevin
DP: Kawai MP11SE. HP: Superlux HD681 EVO
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2879811
08/15/19 08:01 AM
08/15/19 08:01 AM
Sheffield, UK
K
KevinM Online content
500 Post Club Member
KevinM  Online Content
500 Post Club Member
K

Sheffield, UK
30. Monica K. - Ascent

That was beautiful thank you Monica. I've never interacted with you on Piano World, but I was in tears by the end. You have such serenity and it shows in your music.

Mendelssohn Song without Words Op19,2 and 19,6, Jensen Sehnsucht Op8,5. Chopin Nocturne C# Minor. Schumann Hasche Mann from Kinderszenen Op15,3. https://soundcloud.com/sheffieldkevin
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2879828
08/15/19 08:52 AM
08/15/19 08:52 AM
Russia
B
Balezin Dmitry Offline
Balezin Dmitry  Offline
B

Russia
I'll try to watch videos later, and now just some comments on what I've listened to...

b]01. Pianogrlnw (Ellen) - Walk[/b]
Loved soft and delicate sound of this piece,
it has some tension that pulls you somewhere. Loved your playing.

02. Peyton - For Monica
Warm sound and clear calm melody. I liked that.

03. mel_lem (Melanie) - Tico-Tico no fuba
Nicely played. Very familiar melody. Expressive. And it just flows...N I C E

04. facdo - Prelude in C minor - Op. 28 No. 20
What I love about the piano and people who can really play it is the diversity of sounds it can produce: deep, soft, bright, loud ect.
Nice playing.

05. Ted Jones - Medley (1967)
It seems that you enjoyed playing this fun piece. Like it. Really skillful playing, great rhythm.

07. MarieJ - Tomorrow's Song
Some pieces set the mood from the 1st note. I loved this one and the way you played it. Would be nice to listen to it while thinking about something deep...about what matters most in life. Loved your playing.

08. wouter79 - Bourrree from Water Music
Bright and nice. Well played.

09. Jerzyk19 - La Vie En Roses
"Life and Roses" I guess??? Well played...sets soothing mood. Like it.

10. Jazztpt - Zero
Jazzy. I can't play any of jazz yet, so for me it's a master skill. Well played, interesting to listen to. Flow of melodies. Loved it.

11. KevinM - Von Fremden Laendern und Menschen
What's there not to like. Nice playing, clear melody, soft and spotless. Great.

12. MeganR - BWV 942 Prelude in A Minor
I wish it would have continued longer...(:-)

13. Moo smile - Impromptu opus 90 no 3
I guess one should feel this kind of classical pieces to be able to comment something...great playing - is all I can say about this one.

14. Tim Adrianson - Three Nocturnes (1919)
I love nocturnes, but listen to them only during recitals, so I hope to get to one sometime...loved your soft playing and delicate touch.

15. Serge88 - Daniel
My problem is that I have very HEAVY left hand and this is why I loved your piece...those bass notes are present but they don't mess the melody, which is really clear and outstanding. Great playing, lovely piece.

16. Claudemir Medeiros - Sonata op 49 n 2 - 2 mov
Lovely :-) I'm not a fan of classical piano, more of new-age piano guy...but still, you played it well.

17. joangolfing - Who Is He?
A little bit smoother and it would have been just perfect. Nice.

18. zsolpyW - Prelude in c-sharp minor op.2 no.3 I call this pieces "A piece which you can appreciate more if you can play it yourself". And I loved the fast runs somewhere at 2:40...Great playing.

19. WTM - Will Mason - Impromptu no. 3 in G-flat Major, Op 90, D899
Very soft and delicate sound which is hard to master. Great playing...and it's long:-) which also requires a lot of work to learn and play without mistakes.

20. dumka1 - Sonata in E minor, Hob. XVI: 34, 1st movement
I would love to watch you play this...(is there a video? I can only listen to it right now) I love wathing how hands fly while playing this kind of pieces. Just great.

Last edited by Balezin Dmitry; 08/15/19 08:53 AM.

I just can't live without some music in my life
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2879849
08/15/19 10:05 AM
08/15/19 10:05 AM
Canada
initK Offline
initK  Offline

Canada
The Einaudi pieces in this recital are all lovely and kind of eye - or rather ear - opening for me. I never considered learning any of his music, but now I'm sold and ready, thank you Monica!

I enjoyed especially performances of
#1 Pianogrlnw, #7 MarieJ, #11 KevinM, #15 Serge88, #20 dumka1, #23 Riddler (Ed), #27 Jazzyprof, #30 Monica K., #32 Mosotti, #35 Jason Lenthe , #38 Ganddalf, #40 timmyab, #43 PikaPianist (WOW!), #46 Tyrone Slothrop (what a lovely video!), #53 Richard (zrtf90) and #57 Morodiene!

Lovely video editing and great playing #9 Jerzyk19. Oh how I love this song! Where is the arrangement from? I really like it!

I'm putting Tico-Tico samba on my to-do list, thank you Melanie (mel_lem), this was inspiring and fun to listen!

I also added Chopin's Nocturne No21 C minor to my list. Thank you for your wonderful performance, #47 Sandalholme!

It was heartening to see so many re-started as myself, gives me hope that I will improve in time too.

Thank you all for inspiration and pleasure of listening!

Yamaha YDP-163
Back to playing piano in December 2018!
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: initK] #2879851
08/15/19 10:10 AM
08/15/19 10:10 AM
Sheffield, UK
K
KevinM Online content
500 Post Club Member
KevinM  Online Content
500 Post Club Member
K

Sheffield, UK
initK I restarted at the beginning of November 2018. Solidarity with fellow restarters of 2018.

Last edited by KevinM; 08/15/19 10:13 AM.

Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: KevinM] #2879856
08/15/19 10:22 AM
08/15/19 10:22 AM
Canada
initK Offline
initK  Offline

Canada
Originally Posted by KevinM
initK I restarted at the beginning of November 2018. Solidarity with fellow restarters of 2018.

Interesting that I wanted to submit the same piece by Schumann (which I love love love!), but chickened out, because I'm not happy with the quality of the recording and didn't want to disrespect wonderful classical music by poor sound.

I liked your gentle rendition of it very much!

Yamaha YDP-163
Back to playing piano in December 2018!
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2879885
08/15/19 12:04 PM
08/15/19 12:04 PM
J
John305 Online content
John305  Online Content
J

Monica K Ascent - Your piece was the first one I listened to in this recital. It is a beautiful piece that was beautifully played. You have a real talent for finding musical gems and then sharing them with us. You’ve introduced me to David Nevue and I’ve downloaded some of his music to learn. You’ve also introduced me to Helen Jane Long last year with your wonderful performance of The Aviators. I actually just started working on The Aviators about a week ago, I’m sorry I didn’t start sooner so I could have learned it in time to play in your honor at this recital. I’m very grateful for all of your contributions here on PW and I know I will always think of you whenever I hear or play a piece you’ve introduced me to, especially The Aviators, that piece just like you, have really touched me and I will never forget you for that. God bless you Monica.

Last edited by John305; 08/15/19 12:04 PM.

It’s never too late to be what you might have been. -George Eliot
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2879900
08/15/19 01:30 PM
08/15/19 01:30 PM
F
facdo Online content
facdo  Online Content
F

Thank you all who shared your recordings! It is a pleasure to listen to so many talented piano enthusiasts. This is the first time I comment on the recital, I will try to cover all recordings.

01. Pianogrlnw (Ellen) - Walk
Beautiful piece, very sensitive interpretation. Well done!

02. Peyton - For Monica
Delicate, nice melody. I really enjoyed your piece, I wish I could compose something at least half as beautiful.

That piece has been on my wishlist since I was a kid and saw my sister’s boyfriend playing it. It is one of the many jewels in Brazilian music. You played it very well, accurately keeping the left-hand rhythm and balancing the dynamics.

Very nice! The low-quality audio actually helped to create the atmosphere for the music. I could picture a honky-tonk piano in an early 20th-century tavern, with people drinking and dancing to the tune.

06. snowfox - Prelude in D minor - BWV 940
Very well played. That piece is next in my baroque list.

I didn’t know this composer, thank you for introducing me to this beautiful music. Very nicely played, made me want to learn it.

You did an excellent job with voicing, phrasing, and dynamics. Really well played!

Such a beautiful music, brings me childhood memories. This piece was on one of my mother’s favorite CDs. Very nice arrangement.

10. Jazztpt - Zero
I love this kind of freely/improvised chill out jazz music, I wish I could play like you.

11. KevinM - Von Fremden Laendern und Menschen
I just had to play your recording twice, it was so good and this piece is just marvelous. It is on my list, I hope I can play it as well as you did.

Well played. I liked how you defined the articulations and phrasing. This piece is on my baroque wishlist.

Well done, this is such a difficult lovely piece. You were able to really separate the melody from the accompaniment arpeggios, and you gave the left-hand bass notes just the right emphasis.

Amazing tone quality, such sensitive playing! I didn’t know these pieces, made me want to learn them when I am ready.

15. Serge88 - Daniel
Nice arrangement and very well played. I think the slower tempo is actually very fitting to the melody, giving the song a more expressive feeling.

16. Claudemir Medeiros - Sonata op 49 n 2 - 2 mov
I am used to hearing this piece being played faster, but I actually liked your slower tempo. I think you did a very good job balancing the dynamics in both hands. Made me want to hear your interpretation of the 1st movement as well.

17. joangolfing - Who Is He?
Well played, lovely piece.

18. zsolpyW - Prelude in c-sharp minor op.2 no.3
It is Op.3 No.2, just correcting the title. I must say that I envy people that can play Rachmaninoff. You play it very well, with a lot of dynamic contrast, proper voicing of the melody in the chords and in the mid-section arpeggios. Just terrific, congratulations!

19. WTM - Will Mason - Impromptu no. 3 in G-flat Major, Op 90, D899
Really well played, wonderful cantabile touch. I can’t believe that you only have about a year of piano experience. I might have about 5 and I couldn’t play this piece as well as you did.

20. dumka1 - Sonata in E minor, Hob. XVI: 34, 1st movement
Well done, I think you did a nice job with dynamics and phrasing.

21. Peter Hontaru - Waltz in a minor
Such a lovely piece, nicely played. Interesting progression, from the digital piano to the live concert.

22. ralph L. - Nostalgy
I didn’t know the composer, thank you for introducing me to this beautiful piece. I can see that the name is very suggestive, “nostalgy”. Just a minor issue, in my opinion, the backing track volume could be a little lower, especially the drumbeat.

23. Riddler (Ed) - Emily
Nice tune, well played. I really envy this skill of improvising from a jazz lead sheet, I hope someday I can do it at least half as good as you.

24. Peterws - Daydreams
Very nice, it seems that you are improvising but it sounds really great, very melodic and with coherent harmony.

25. Snejana - Sad Story of the Vagabond
Interesting medley. I think the piano tone is well matched to the character of the pieces and your playing was very sensitive.

26. jotur - Cathy Turner - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
You played very well, nice uplifting music, but I wish the recording had a better quality. The higher volume parts were distorted/clipped. Next time try making a better recording, your performance will be much more enjoyable.

27. Jazzyprof - Spirit Dreams
Very nice composition, it is simple, joyful and very enjoyable.

28. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - I Giorni
Beautiful piece, very well played! I was looking for an Einaudi piece to learn, your performance convinced me to learn this one.

29. Animisha - Angelfish
Such a lovely piece, very well played! I liked the hand cross motion, you did it very smoothly.

30. Monica K. - Ascent
I like to think that good people ascent to a better place when it is time. It is a sad yet wonderful metaphor that you played this piece for this recital. The one word that I can use to describe your performance is “blissful”. Really sensitive playing, brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for all the contribution that you made to piano world!

31. tjbron - Prelude Op. 11 No. 21 in Bb Major
I haven’t listened to a lot of pieces by Scriabin and the ones I did weren’t very memorable. But this piece you played is just lovely, made me want to hear the whole set of preludes and maybe play a few.

32. Mosotti - Mia & Sebastian's Theme
Well played, very emotional, nice dynamic contrast. If I were to guess I’d say that you have way more than just 2 years of piano experience.

33. Balezin Dmitry - He's a pirate
Nice, I enjoyed your playing. This is one of my favorite film theme music and I think the arrangement for solo piano is very appropriate. I would just be careful with the dynamics in the chords by the end, to avoid a harsh sound, and also work on maintaining the same tempo from the first to the second part.

34. JoBert - Herberge (from Waldszenen, Opus 82)
Such a lovely piece from one of the many amazing collections of pieces by Schumann. I can’t say anything about your performance, the only word that comes to my mind is “perfect”. I wish someday I can play this piece as well as you did.

35. Jason Lenthe - Maple Leaf Rag
Classic ragtime piece, your playing was flawless. Well done!

36. Ido - Allemande from Suite in D-Minor HWV 437
Very nicely played. These polyphonic pieces are tricky, and you balanced the dynamics and the articulations in both voices very well.

37. Greener/Jeff - Salute
I really like these jazzy/bluesy piano tunes, I have to listen to more of it. I enjoyed your playing very much.

38. Ganddalf - Habanera
I didn’t know the piece or the composer, thanks for introducing it to me. Beautiful music, amazing playing.

39. Qwerty53 - Softly, William, Softly (Nocturne no. 6)
I didn’t know that Brubeck had written nocturnes. It doesn’t sound jazzy at all, I would never guess that this is Brubeck. Nice sensitive piece, very well played.

40. timmyab - Sinfonia no 11
Although this is a baroque piece, you played it in a very romantic fashion, which is unusual but I really liked. Your playing is very warm and sensitive, and the voices are well balanced, like they are on different layers, touching and interacting with each other in the appropriate time. Amazing interpretation, very unique.

41. AssociateX - Intermezzo Op 118 # 2
This is an amazing piece and you play very well, but maybe it is time to tune your piano. Such a terrific instrument, I can only imagine its sound when properly in tune. I can see that this piece is very challenging and that proper voicing is important to have a good interpretation. I could follow the melodic line easily, so I think you did a good job voicing those chords.

42. barbaram - Little Prelude in E Minor BWV 941
Well played, such a nice set of little preludes.

43. PikaPianist - Carnaval Op.9, No.12, 'Chopin'
Ahh, come on, you are a professional pianist, aren’t you? What can I say about your performance? Just superb!

44. sinophilia - Birmingham Blues
Well done, nice slow blues piece.

45. Claudemir Medeiros - Nocturne op 15 n 3
I thought that there was allowed only one submission per person, this is the second piece that I hear you playing in this recital. I am not going to comment in this one as it seems that you are breaking the rules of the recital.

I will comment the remaining ones later.

YouTube Channel with all my recordings and my piano progress.
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2879905
08/15/19 01:57 PM
08/15/19 01:57 PM
Sweden
Animisha Online content
500 Post Club Member
Animisha  Online Content
500 Post Club Member

Sweden
Dear Monica, just because this recital is dedicated to you, I hope you don't feel an obligation to listen and comment on every single piece. Please feel free to just enjoy them as you feel like. heart

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: facdo] #2879907
08/15/19 02:07 PM
08/15/19 02:07 PM
Long Island, NY
AssociateX Offline
AssociateX  Offline

Long Island, NY
Originally Posted by facdo
Thank you all who shared your recordings! It is a pleasure to listen to so many talented piano enthusiasts. This is the first time I comment on the recital, I will try to cover all recordings.

41. AssociateX - Intermezzo Op 118 # 2
This is an amazing piece and you play very well, but maybe it is time to tune your piano. Such a terrific instrument, I can only imagine its sound when properly in tune. I can see that this piece is very challenging and that proper voicing is important to have a good interpretation. I could follow the melodic line easily, so I think you did a good job voicing those chords.

I will comment the remaining ones later.

Thank you, I am relieved to hear the chords were clear- that whole middle section for me was pure blood, sweat and tears to get the voicing right and it still isnt perfect..Still annoyed with how some notes were missed completely...ahh well..oh and my piano was actually tuned and regulated only 2 weeks prior to this recording.

Last edited by AssociateX; 08/15/19 02:17 PM.

~~~~~~~
Finished:
1. Brahms Intermezzo Op 118/2
2. Beethoven Sonata Op 2/1 (1st mvmnt)

Working on:
1. Beethoven Sonata Op 2 # 1 (2nd-3rd mvmnts)
2. Schubert Impromptu Op 90/3
3. Chopin Nocturne Op 48/1
My YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNj0Yha5exOWuJMTezV3t8Q
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2879920
08/15/19 02:44 PM
08/15/19 02:44 PM
Russia
B
Balezin Dmitry Offline
Balezin Dmitry  Offline
B

Russia
21. Peter Hontaru - Waltz in a minor
Oh, I've already heard this on in some previous recital..,nice Waltz, will try to add it to my
repertoire as well. I hear it live recital which makes it so much difficult to pull through without stumbling. Nicely played.

22. ralph L. - Nostalgy
Familiar piece! I would love to hear more authentic/real drums but...as to piano, it was well played.

23. Riddler (Ed) - Emily
Smooth melody, well played, thumbs up!

24. Peterws - Daydreams
Some pieces I just love for no apparent reason.
This one was bright, interesting, fascinating...it was filled with emotions. Loved it. And the sound of your piano - well it's just great. Such a delight to listen to.

25. Snejana - Sad Story of the Vagabond
It was sad:-) A little more deep tones to this
arrangement would make it more pleasing (to my taste). Simple but nice and beautiful.

26. jotur - Cathy Turner - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
Nice song to play. Would love to hear some singing along to this one. Well played.
Some "overdrive" on the mic there:-)

27. Jazzyprof - Spirit Dreams
Nicely played.

28. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - I Giorni
Einaudi and Your playing is something great. Loved it from the first notes. This kind of music makes my day. I thank you for the pleasure of listening to it.

29. Animisha - Angelfish
Beautiful short piece. Well played. Soft touch and clear melody.

30. Monica K. - Ascent
I'm glad I've found these online recitals on the internet...they push me to learn new stuff, to work on them...it's good to have a deadline...AND FOR ALL THAT I THANK YOU, MONICA.

GREAT playing. Warm and soft melody with great development. LOVED it. Wish you all the best.

31. tjbron - Prelude Op. 11 No. 21 in Bb Major
Nive Warm mood, grat for listening in the evening to calm the nerves down. Well played.

32. Mosotti - Mia & Sebastian's Theme Loved this movie. I presented my take on this piece a few recitalsago, so I was eager to listen to your variant.
- And from the first notes I heard much better playing, more soft, more dynamically correct. CONGRATULATIUON! Really well played.

33. Balezin Dmitry - He's a pirate
That's me. Well, Hope I will do better with time...so much to improve in this one. But still I'm glad I managed to pull it off.

I just can't live without some music in my life
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2879943
08/15/19 04:08 PM
08/15/19 04:08 PM
W
wouter79 Offline
5000 Post Club Member
wouter79  Offline
5000 Post Club Member
W

Originally Posted by Balezin

Bright and nice. Well played.

Dmitry, thanks!

Originally Posted by facdo

You did an excellent job with voicing, phrasing, and dynamics. Really well played!

Good to hear, especially the phrasing and voicing were worked on hard smile

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2879944
08/15/19 04:09 PM
08/15/19 04:09 PM
W
wouter79 Offline
5000 Post Club Member
wouter79  Offline
5000 Post Club Member
W

Everyone playing acoustic who would like my feedback please give me a PM

Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2879950
08/15/19 04:21 PM
08/15/19 04:21 PM
W
wouter79 Offline
5000 Post Club Member
wouter79  Offline
5000 Post Club Member
W

zsolpyW, Nice playing ! But Rachmanonoff on a Legnica 116? May I suggest you do an upgrade smile The very least would be a Legnica 232 grand smile

Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2879974
08/15/19 05:10 PM
08/15/19 05:10 PM
Sheffield, UK
K
KevinM Online content
500 Post Club Member
KevinM  Online Content
500 Post Club Member
K

Sheffield, UK
01. Pianogrlnw (Ellen) - Walk

Walk - a lovely Einaudi piece to start the recital with. Beautifully played.

02. Peyton - For Monica

A composition, captures I think the feel of a piece I think Monica would want to play.

A great being at a carnival feel to this. Very well played.

04. facdo - Prelude in C minor - Op. 28 No. 20

A proper foreboding sense to this piece. Really captures a proper mood. A great interpretation.

Have I gone back to the 1920s and gone to a silent Laurel and Hardy film with some piano accompaniment. Proper feel to these pieces.

06. snowfox - Prelude in D minor - BWV 940

Lovely piece sensitively played.

Just beautiful.

A complex interesting piece well played.

I think you have captured the feel of the time when this tune was written and popular. An authentic feel to this interpretation.

10. Jazztpt - Zero

I am not a big jazz fan, but the mellowness of this is great. I feel like I could sit back and relax. Well done.

A proper Bach piece played well. It always feel like Bach is going to tie your fingers up in knots, but you have done well.

Impressively played Moo. I'd love to able to play this piece but I think there is a year or 2 of learning needed before starting. I do feel like your piano or the recording lets you down a bit.

These are lovely, and the playing of them does them justice.

15. Serge88 - Daniel

Lovely. Nice to hear a song from my younger days with such a different but great interpretation.

29. Animisha - Angelfish

Gorgeous, a really sweet piece beautifully played.

Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2879990
08/15/19 06:08 PM
08/15/19 06:08 PM
P
Pianoperformance Offline
500 Post Club Member
Pianoperformance  Offline
500 Post Club Member
P

Being huge fan of Ludovico...I love the pieces played. In fact, I enjoyed reading the dedications to Monica the most! Such touching sentiments. I was trying to get the Cold Wind Var 1 ready, alas life got way too busy, but I loved Tyrone’s piece, rhythm perfect-well done. I plan to get this piece under my belt.

Well done everyone, my morning was pure bliss listening to everyone’s recital. It spurs me on with my journey and craft.

The original compositions blew me wide open...and on many occasions, I transcended to heaven.

Ha, the Bach pieces- my love/not love situation : beautiful. Inspiring, especially for those who has only been playing for a year! That aren’t easy.

I noted a Bunch of pieces I would love to play one day: and I am sure that list will grow faster than I can master them. This is why there is so much joy on this journey.

Monica: your beautiful journey continues. Your music will live on. You will not be forgotten.

SamS: I have read your journey over the years, and may I add: the results are evident. Thank you for getting this recital together, and sharing your music journey. One day, I will feel brave enough to do a week’s piano camp!

Dream came true : playing the piano
Kawai CS11/Yamaha Arius 161
lessons: 150 hours + counting
Re: Recital 55 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital] #2880008
08/15/19 07:39 PM
08/15/19 07:39 PM
LA County, California
bSharp(C)yclist Offline
1000 Post Club Member
bSharp(C)yclist  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

LA County, California
I was able to listen to the entire recital on my phone today. Unfortunately, I don't have time to comment on any of them. There were a lot of real gems in there though, Richard's Liszt performance comes to mind. I really enjoy that piece.

Such a talented and varied bunch here at PW! Thank you Monica and Sam!

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
YouTube | SoundCloud
[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  BB Player 

Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Search continues....
by momofboys. 09/23/19 11:16 AM
Help choosing an upgrade to my Kawai ES4
by Heading2Boston. 09/23/19 10:44 AM
Yamaha U7 - worth it to buy?
by Kidney. 09/23/19 10:28 AM
Yamaha P45 vs Roland FP30
by Piano Jazz Lover. 09/23/19 09:44 AM
CP88/73 OS 1.2 update with 30 new voices
by MeM. 09/23/19 09:32 AM
What's Hot!!
Our August Newsletter is Out!
------------------
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour!

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics194,183
Posts2,872,382
Members94,485
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission