2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
37 members (cygnusdei, chopin_r_us, Animisha, bxrdad1, drumour, Ben_NZ, Boboulus, clothearednincompo, DSC, 6 invisible), 1,099 guests, and 740 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
I just submitted my first Einaudi ever. Dedicating my playing of it to Monica K., without whom I would never have learned this piece. smile

Will see if I can record a better version and update in the next 29.5 hours, but if not, I'm in.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
1000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
1000 Post Club Member
I'm finally in... didn't want to sit this one out! The latest take wins even if it's not the one with the least mistakes, and now I don't want to hear this piece ever again eek

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
I just submitted my first Einaudi ever. Dedicating my playing of it to Monica K., without whom I would never have learned this piece. smile

Will see if I can record a better version and update in the next 29.5 hours, but if not, I'm in.

Thanks for doing this one, it was gonna be my dedication to Monica, another fan of Ludovico; but alas, I couldn’t get this piece ready in time. I look forward to listening to your piece.

Dream came true : playing the piano
Kawai CS11/Yamaha Arius 161
lessons: 150 hours + counting
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Pianoperformance

Thanks for doing this one, it was gonna be my dedication to Monica, another fan of Ludovico; but alas, I couldn’t get this piece ready in time. I look forward to listening to your piece.

I found it deceptively hard, possibly for the same reasons that you couldn't get it ready in time.

But I did use this to work on and improve my reading skills thumb since features of this piece make it both difficult to memorise and also difficult to read while playing at performance tempo.

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
I just submitted my first recital piece. Very nervous!
Recording it presented a challenge as I'm very camera shy and every time "record" button was pressed, my hands were shaking badly so it took many attempts to have it semi-decent and this is where I had to stop and call it done.
Looking forward to hearing everyone's recordings!

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
QuasiUnaFantasia, you might want to doublecheck the name of your piece. It is appearing as "Kleines Pr���£ludium - BWV 999 (J. S. Bach)" with unprintable characters.

[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
QuasiUnaFantasia, you might want to doublecheck the name of your piece. It is appearing as "Kleines Pr���£ludium - BWV 999 (J. S. Bach)" with unprintable characters.

I wrote the title in German. It seemed a good idea at the time. smile

EDIT: The title has now been subtly changed. smile

Last edited by QuasiUnaFantasia; 08/14/19 05:27 PM.

Roland FP-30, Roland E-28
Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.0 (Blüthner, Bechstein DG, Grotrian, Steinway D, K2)
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by QuasiUnaFantasia

I wrote the title in German. It seemed a good idea at the time. smile

EDIT: The title has now been subtly changed. smile

Yes, I remember trying an umlaut or accent in a prior recital submission and didn't work, so I also had to change it.

[Linked Image]

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
I noticed the title of my piece did the same as QuasiUnaFantasia’s but it was a quick edit.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Not to worry, I will correct things when I close the recital. Although it is better if the performers do it, of course.

So, there are about 10 hours left before the recital closes at 5AM on the 15th US Eastern time.

I guess I better record something!

Sam

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Awesome. I just submitted a butchered version of my piece, struggling to beat the 9pm Eastern Time deadline. Now, I see that I have new life. I hope I can put together a better performance and update my submission.

Thanks for running this recital, Sam. thumb

Ralph

Kawai VPC1
Garritan CFX
Pianist since April, 2015
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ralphiano
Awesome. I just submitted a butchered version of my piece, struggling to beat the 9pm Eastern Time deadline. Now, I see that I have new life. I hope I can put together a better performance and update my submission.

Thanks for running this recital, Sam. thumb

Pull an all-nighter and make the perfect recording!

That wouldn't work for me, though. I would get worse as the night progressed. I am a morning lark - which is why the recital closes at 5AM - time to go to bed...

Sam

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Hey can anyone here give me some advice? I have a recording without clipping (yay!) but the overall volume is really low. Are there any guidelines about how much to raise the gain? Also, I'm in Audacity, when I export out to MP3 will it keep that setting?

TIA!

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
The best place to get the correct level is when you are doing the recording. I know you don't want to hear that, since you have already gone through the heart-breaking process of getting a recording. But you can do post-processing (in Audacity) and raise the volume - it's just not ideal. Anything you do will be preserved when you convert to mp3.

Sam

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Sam, thanks for responding. I've been having a hard time because if I raise the recording level, I get some weird metallic clip/buzz/feedback in just one part of the keyboard, and it's beyond unpleasant. To avoid that, I lowered the recording level and moved the mic farther back from the piano. No noise but now the total volume is super low.

I'm going to try Audacity's amplify across the whole track and see how that works.

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Ok, I think this will work. Or rather, it will have to work! Better than nothing, right?

Overall the recording quality is not great (and you hear my pedal clicking throughout frown

So whatever might be lost by doing that amplify function, well, I just don't think there was much to lose in the first place! whome

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ShiroKuro
Ok, I think this will work. Or rather, it will have to work! Better than nothing, right?

As Voltaire said, "Perfect is the enemy of good."

[Linked Image]

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ShiroKuro
Hey can anyone here give me some advice? I have a recording without clipping (yay!) but the overall volume is really low. Are there any guidelines about how much to raise the gain? Also, I'm in Audacity, when I export out to MP3 will it keep that setting?

TIA!

When I was working with Audacity, I would use the "Amplify" editing effect to raise the overall volume. You can click an option to raise it as much as possible without clipping.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I'm pretty sure he didn't have my crummy recording in mind as his definition of good though! laugh

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Hi Monica, thanks for the tip! That's what I did, I think it will do.

More importantly, I'm in at #57, woo hooo!! First ABF recital submission in a very long time! smile

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
Our Fall 2021 Free Newsletter is Out , see it here!
---------------------
Selling my Hammond & Leslie!
---------------------
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Farewell Cassie, we hardly knew ye
by c++ - 10/23/21 08:49 PM
What is this piano?
by Gleb1 - 10/23/21 05:55 PM
Lesson cost in Worcester, MA area
by casualappraiser - 10/23/21 05:02 PM
What do you think of Alan Fraser?
by ranjit - 10/23/21 03:01 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,716
Posts3,141,673
Members103,092
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission