2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (Animisha, Barly, bobrunyan, brennbaer, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, 8 invisible), 1,795 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 70 of 237 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 236 237
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Bro'

Question for the club : who use a piano lamp on the N1X and which one? Clip or foot?

Hi Bro',
I am asking myself the same question. I want to buy a lamp too for my N1X but I don't know which one to choose. Clip or not? Maybe N1X owners here can help us to choose the perfect one or give us some ideas...

You guys are like brothers!

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

Question for the club : who use a piano lamp on the N1X and which one? Clip or foot?

Hi Bro',
I am asking myself the same question. I want to buy a lamp too for my N1X but I don't know which one to choose. Clip or not? Maybe N1X owners here can help us to choose the perfect one or give us some ideas...

I am using an old gooseneck LED lamp. In case anyone thinks this is a recommendation, let me hurry up and say I hate it and will be interested in lamp recommendations. smile

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
B
B
Originally Posted by CyberGene

Hi Bro',

You guys are like brothers!

I am the real one! I don't know this guy but I thank him to ask a question that I forgot I asked before... He reminded me that I really need a good piano lamp that will feet perfectly with my piano. Apparently I am not the only one! wink

Chopin is the only dead man that makes me feel alive.
Bro'
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Here's what I use, it was on my CLP-685 at the top, however with the N1X I have it behind the music bench. It's not quite tall enough to go over the bench with sheet music, so I have it propped up on a couple of old hardback books laugh I really like the lamp though, it looks nice, has good adjustments and focuses the light just right for sheet music while not shining in your eyes.

http://amzn.com/B002SDR7OO

Now learning: Debussy Clar de Lune, Mozart Sonata in C K. 545, Joplin The Chrysanthemum
Instruments: Yamaha N1X, Roland GO:PIANO, Piano de Voyage
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
As an aside, my teachers ancient clip on incandescent lamp started shorting out so he bought this: http://amzn.com/B01NBKWNNY

I absolutely hate it, there is no way to position it where it illuminates the full page but doesn't "leak" light directly in to your eyes.

Now learning: Debussy Clar de Lune, Mozart Sonata in C K. 545, Joplin The Chrysanthemum
E
E
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
TS: I do not own the prices paid thread. It is open to all users. (I do keep a spreadsheet of the data ... but the data can come from anyone who cares to post it.)

Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
MacMacMac, I think you are unfairly weighing the vendor's comments more than that of a buyer here.
I do not weigh either Onyx nor the vendor more than the other ...

1. Onyx seems open to revealing the price of the piano. He has revealed it to JJHLH and has also offered to show me the receipt.
2. Cunningham has a respectable reputation on this board going back for years and years.

Yet each party made a claim that conflicts with the other party. So I'm just puzzled by the whole affair.
Who to believe? I don't think I care anymore.

The original posts have been deleted. All that's left is this notion of "special circumstances", which will not be revealed.
So I'm left thinking that this low-priced N1X is an outlier ... one that I would not consider when looking to buy an N1X (which you know I might do in the not-too-distant future).

That's all for me on this subject ... barring any further revelations when Mueller testifies before Congress tomorrow.
Maybe there has been some obstruction of piano sales? smile

I also asked Onyx and his replied very kindly and I think his version is the right one! Overall, the dealers have a lot of room to give you discounts if they want, they will also try to make-up for it with other sales! During 2019 Holidays, the local Yamaha dealer was giving insane discounts (up to 50% off on MSRP prices plus 6 months financing at 0%!)

C
C
With the N1x if I plug in the headphones, do I still get the vibration of the keys and pedals? If so, is there an option to turn the vibration off while using the headphones? Thanks.

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
The N1X doesn’t have the vibration feature, that’s only on the N3X (and N2 maybe? I can’t remember)

C
C
I am moving to a condo. Can the N1X replace my Yamaha U3? I am at Grade 10 piano but would like to enhance my piano journey. Would the N1X hinder my learning in any way given that it doesn’t resonate and vibrate like an acoustic piano?

And disadvantages with the N1x that I need to be aware of before replacing my Yamaha U3?

Thanks.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
First, search the forums regarding the "vibration feature" from AvantGrand owners.

If that does not convince you, you can buy your own tactile transducer for $20 like those linked below.

The transducer(s) will need a small amplifier and some time to setup and tweak.

http://www.daytonaudio.com/index.ph...rivers-by-type/tactile-transducers.html/

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
If you mean that the keys of a digital piano do not vibrate the way they do on an acoustic ... you quickly become accustomed to it.

I take it that you cannot take the U3 with you to your new abode?

C
C
I can take my U3 with me. But if the N1x is equal or better than the U3, then I might buy the N1X.

The U3 does have a practice pedal but it greatly affects the sound quality. I am looking for a piano that I can play any time. How does the N1x do compared to the U3? Is it a bad decision to sell the U3 for the N1x? Thanks.

If you cannot answer that question then I presume you've not tried the N1X yet.
My long-standing motto is that I cannot buy a piano until I've tried it. Not ever.

C
C
I am not buying without trying. I am just asking people who have used the N1X for an extended period of time for some feedback.

J
J
I bought a pair of Genelec 8331 monitors to go along with my N1X. The piano will probably be delivered in September.

I’m trying to decide what length speaker cables to purchase, 3ft or 6ft. Can anyone tell me are the AUX out ports in the center of the piano or off to one side?

Thank you.

Yamaha N1X, P-515.
Genelec 8331 monitors and 7350 sub.
VI’s: Garritan CFX, VSL Bösendorfer Upright, and VSL Blüthner 1895. Pianoteq.
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by JJHLH
I bought a pair of Genelec 8331 monitors to go along with my N1X. The piano will probably be delivered in September.

I’m trying to decide what length speaker cables to purchase, 3ft or 6ft. Can anyone tell me are the AUX out ports in the center of the piano or off to one side?

Thank you.

On your far left (when you are sitting at the keyboard), about 2.5 feet off the ground, and about 12 inches from the back of the DP.

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by JJHLH

Thank you.

I'm all for new toys, but in the case of an N1X which has a decent amplification system, I think it might be better to try using to piano on its own before setting up separate monitors? You may find you don't actually need them?

Also, in the N1X's case, remember it has multi-channel (greater than stereo) output, but the line-outs are stereo only, so you may not get the full/best experience by switching immediately to external speakers....

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Gombessa
I'm all for new toys, but in the case of an N1X which has a decent amplification system, I think it might be better to try using to piano on its own before setting up separate monitors? You may find you don't actually need them?

Also, in the N1X's case, remember it has multi-channel (greater than stereo) output, but the line-outs are stereo only, so you may not get the full/best experience by switching immediately to external speakers....

David B uses monitors on his N1X and has commented on them. I believe he is happy he has them.

David B: Can you comment further about your monitors and how they compare to the N1X without monitors?

[Linked Image]

J
J

On your far left (when you are sitting at the keyboard), about 2.5 feet off the ground, and about 12 inches from the back of the DP.

Thank you. So it sounds like 6 feet cables might be a safer bet to ensure that there is enough distance to reach the right speaker?

Originally Posted by Gombessa

Yes, I agree that would have been the smarter thing to do haha. But I purchased the Garritan CFX VST (full) as I was very impressed with the sound of it on recordings made by some of the members of the forum.

If I use that then it’s my understanding that the special multi-channel output from the N1X won’t be in effect? In that case I was thinking monitors might provide the best sound. But I’ll fully admit I’m pretty ignorant when it comes to audio.

Yamaha N1X, P-515.
Genelec 8331 monitors and 7350 sub.
VI’s: Garritan CFX, VSL Bösendorfer Upright, and VSL Blüthner 1895. Pianoteq.
D
David B Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
D

David B: Can you comment further about your monitors and how they compare to the N1X without monitors?

Sure grin

The N1X internal CFX sounds better when played through just the N1X speaker system. It's a very immersive sound. The monitors seem to detract from that.

My VST's (VSL, Garritan, etc.,) sound better when played through both the N1X and the monitors. The monitors enhance the bass and treble. Otherwise, the VST's sound a bit muddy/muffled through just the N1X speakers. It's doable, but enhanced with the monitors. I would be satisfied with just the N1X speakers if I didn't know what it sounded like with the monitors. However, knowing what the difference sounds like, if for some reason I lost the monitors, I'd have to acquire another pair.

Also, concerning cables, I would buy them long enough so that they do not have to suspend in the air at any point. I like the cables to be neatly tucked away as much as possible.

[Linked Image]

Hope this helps.

God Bless,
David

Page 70 of 237 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 236 237

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission