2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, Animisha, 14 invisible), 2,019 guests, and 354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
hyena Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Heya!

I've been practicing a Mozart tune again. This is it so far:

https://soundcloud.com/xynaxia/turkish-march-mozart

I hope to close this piece 26 July, when I'll have my piano lessons again. I'd love to hear some suggestions on what to work on in the mean time, so I can impress my teacher with the progress.

S
S
You played it very nice!
For me there are too much accents here and there and it makes it heavy.
Also when there is a repetition, it has the same dinamics, however it should differ in some way.
It has similar volume and emotional level all way long - if I were you, I would work on the dinamics in this last week.

Last edited by snowfox; 07/18/19 09:03 AM.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
These are my suggestions:

1. There are a lot of note mistakes or rhythmic inconsistencies that sound like they are mostly do to technical problems. So these passages have to be practiced slowly, probably RH separately, with consistent fingering, and maybe in rhythms. Consider changing a fingering if it seems not to work well.

2. It sounds like you are playing the rolled LH chords as chords with the notes together or at least rolling them too fast. This changes the character of the piece from what it should be.

3. Some notes that should be closer to staccato are played portamento. There are too many inappropriate accents.

4. Eventually, the tempo has to be increased.

I suggest listening to some professional YouTube recordings to get a better idea of what the piece should ideally sound like. If you like this piece, don't be in a rush to finish it.

P
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
P
You are pouncing on too many notes and making them stick out, especially at the end of a phrase. Your recording sounds very metronomic. If you can hear the problem in your recording, try practicing RH separately to smooth out the melody line. Think of a lighter RH sound.

M
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
M
I would slow down and get the notes secure. I would work on articulation of the notes. Even with no lessons the score should indicate I think when it’s staccato and when is legato. I think metonotomic rhythm is less of a problem. as it’s not secure I think the even rhythm is ok.

H
hyena Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks for the feedback!

I think I'll take it slowly, grab the sheet and take a very good look at all articulations and try to make everything much more light.

You'll hear the result next month in the recitel! smile

U
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
U
[Linked Image]

G
G
Originally Posted by pianoloverus

This is the part where I don't agree with you. Most people play it much too fast, ignoring the fact that it is Allegretto and not Allegro. Some interpreters choose a totally insane tempo and that could be very fun too, but then it is more of a "cover" than following the original notes. This posting was in a quite good tempo, perhaps it could be a little bit faster eventually, but really not that much. Yes, you can find a million clips on YouTube with stressed tempo but it does not mean it the best one.

The good thing in this recording were the parts with the forte octaves. The other parts were uneven in both rhythm and dynamics. I mean, dynamics is of course necessary, but it should be in a controlled way. I also think you totally ignored the rest marks. I sometimes practice this in an extremely slow tempo where I play with an exaggerated rubato, holding every rest mark far too long to keep the rhythm, but this helps me to remember them when I play in higher tempo and with more accurate rhythm. In such an exaggerated mode you can also practice a very light staccato - be very clear with the contrast between legato and staccato, but no nail hammering.

Online Content
Originally Posted by ghosthand
Originally Posted by pianoloverus

This is the part where I don't agree with you. Most people play it much too fast, ignoring the fact that it is Allegretto and not Allegro. Some interpreters choose a totally insane tempo and that could be very fun too, but then it is more of a "cover" than following the original notes. This posting was in a quite good tempo, perhaps it could be a little bit faster eventually, but really not that much. Yes, you can find a million clips on YouTube with stressed tempo but it does not mean it the best one.
Allegretto is slower than Allegro but there is a big range for both. I doubt one can find a single recording by a great pianist(except for Gould who is known for sometimes using extreme tempos that no one else uses) anywhere near as slow as the OP posted, and that tells me that his performance should eventually be faster. Even Alfred Brendel, known for being a stickler for following the composer's markings, plays this quite fast:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=brendel+mozart+rondo+alla+turca

The great pianists are certainly aware of the tempo Mozart wrote and what it means.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 07/19/19 12:36 PM.

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission