2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments. Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
54 members (Charles Cohen, AndrewJCW, Anil Kalagatla, c++, DavidTell, BeWater, Abdol, Bill McKaig,RPT, DigitalMusicProduc, 12 invisible), 561 guests, and 484 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 49 of 50 1 2 47 48 49 50
Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read...
Kreisler #2859355 06/16/19 08:00 PM
Hi everyone!

I've lurked here for a long, long time - I mean, on an off for over a decade and a half - so I already feel like some kind of member. Finally decided it was time to come out of the dark and join the conversation!

I've studied piano very seriously for most of my life (in my 30s) and now work in the startup/tech world. I still practice, and I want to keep setting up performances for myself. I also love discussing piano, and am excited to finally participate.

Javi

“After playing Chopin, I feel as if I had been weeping over sins that I had never committed, and mourning over tragedies that were not my own.”
— Oscar Wilde
Kreisler #2868719 07/12/19 11:09 AM
B
bdx Offline
B
Hi everyone,

I'm a french music lover, play piano, guitar, bass and a bit of drum. I like discovering new things, music, composers and artist, and this forum seems to be a great place for that! smile
I'm not good speaking about me but we'll certainly have many opportunities to discuss about piano and music in general. wink

Bdx

Kreisler #2869656 07/15/19 08:18 PM
Hello Everyone!

I'm a 23-year-old Jazz Piano player.
Recently I started uploading Jazz Piano Synthesia videos on YouTube.
I came across this forum and it's awesome! I want to contribute to the community laugh

If anyone is interested in Synthesia Stride Piano, Bebop, Jazz Trio music, this is my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXBomH_-6va85H0TTTQIxIA

Below is an example of one of my videos.

Bill Evans - Peri's Scope

exoticpianoman

Kreisler #2876413 08/05/19 03:10 PM
M
M
Hello!
Returned to the piano after about a 20 year break.Played for about 10 years as a kid, moved away to go to university and stopped playing for want of regular access to piano. Finally was in a situation a couple of years ago to buy and play a piano again, and my kids are getting to the age where they could learn too.

I own a Yamaha YUS1, complete with silent system, which is far superior to my abilities to play it.

exoticpianoman #2879059 08/13/19 04:05 AM
Z
Z
Originally Posted by exoticpianoman
Hello Everyone!

I'm a 23-year-old Jazz Piano player.
Recently I started uploading Jazz Piano Synthesia videos on YouTube.
I came across this forum and it's awesome! I want to contribute to the community laugh

If anyone is interested in Synthesia Stride Piano, Bebop, Jazz Trio music, this is my channel:

Below is an example of one of my videos.

Bill Evans - Peri's Scope

exoticpianoman

Some clever stuff here, work a look! Synthasia is interesting.

moltoagitato #2879107 08/13/19 07:37 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by moltoagitato
Hello!
Returned to the piano after about a 20 year break.Played for about 10 years as a kid, moved away to go to university and stopped playing for want of regular access to piano. Finally was in a situation a couple of years ago to buy and play a piano again, and my kids are getting to the age where they could learn too.

I own a Yamaha YUS1, complete with silent system, which is far superior to my abilities to play it.

I know that latter feeling, especially after many years of a break! Mine is an acoustic piano, and I refuse to upgrade it to the piano of my dreams until I've improved a little.

Welcome to the forum!

Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." -Brendan Gill
Kreisler #2880460 08/16/19 11:05 PM
A
A
Hi everyone, I'm happy to join this forum. I played piano starting at age four and took lessons through college. I didn't go to conservatory but did minor in music in undergrad. Took an almost twenty years break after that. Life, motherhood. My mom sent over my childhood piano a few years ago. Started playing again last year in earnest and it feels so much like finding oneself again. I feel like I lost myself for a while. My kids didn't even know that I played and played well. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how bad my technique was when I was younger, I could get away with it in my youth. But I started experiencing issues when trying to play old repertoire. I'm working on improving my rotation and staying relaxed when I play.
I've also started teaching piano on the side, I'm obsessed with piano pedagogy and have purchased almost all the main method books out there. I love teaching piano and theory in fun ways.
Looking forward to exploring all aspects of piano playing on this board.

Kreisler #2882886 08/23/19 09:08 PM
J
J
Hi everybody, I'm happy to be here. My name is John and I'm 16 years old from North Carolina. I've been playing piano for around 6 and a half years. I'm pretty good and I'm trying to find my foothold on more advanced repertoire as I move on from intermediate pieces. I joined because i had a question about a measure on a Chopin etude but i figured it out by the time my account got approved lol. Anyways I hope ti have meaningful conversations with you all.

Kreisler #2893262 09/22/19 11:56 PM
M
MCI Offline
M
Hello everyone. Initially wanted to join this forum for digital piano advice but now I'm thinking I might just become a regular all-around user. Have been playing piano for nearly 20 years (started around March of 2000... when I was just 5). I also write my own music and play organ and synthesizer as well.

Kreisler #2893826 09/24/19 08:21 PM
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Hello MCI and welcome to the forum!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
Kreisler #2905741 10/28/19 05:19 PM
B
B
Hi everyone, I've been a lurker in the past few months as I was searching for advice on buying an acoustic grand, and now I'm happy to say that I have an accepted offer on one! I've been classically trained since I was 4 years old and want to move towards preparing more concert level pieces and explore composition as well. Very happy to be here!

Kreisler #2905938 10/29/19 08:34 AM
A
A
I've been a lurker on this thread for several weeks. I have made a post or two in the ABF. I am somewhat new to the piano---though I have made some degree of progress on a few relatively simple classical pieces. I doubt I'll post much here as the general skill level here seems much higher than my own--so not sure I can add much value. I'm just gathering insight from others at this point.

Kreisler #2910742 11/11/19 10:38 AM
j&j Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
Hello everyone. I’ve been a lurker in PianoWorld since 2009, posting occasionally on the Piano Forum and occasionally asking a question on the Piano Technician Forum and checking for tips in the Adult Beginners Forum. I am rather new to this forum because I thought I would have to be a performing professional to understand discussions here. Short story. I had lessons as a child from age 8 to 14, until lots of homework interfered with practice time. As an adult, I bought my first small upright in 1995 and practiced somewhat regularly. In 2009, I went to a closeout sale and bought a Yamaha GB1 in walnut at a fabulous price. Over time I yearned for something better. I enrolled Adult group lessons and enrolled in Adult Group Piano course at the local university. I traded my GB1 for a new Yamaha C3, which is still far beyond what my rather amateur skills require. I’ve been reading about and dreaming about pianos ever since. I also had private lessons as an adult for about four years. Much to my family’s annoyance, again I traded up to get an Estonia L190. I love studying the piano as a gorgeous instrument and when practicing I’m enjoy the beautiful sound my pianos make.

J & J
Estonia L190 Hidden Beauty
Casio Privia PX-330
My piano’s voice is beautiful!
[Linked Image]
Kreisler #2915313 11/23/19 06:16 AM
W
W
Hi everyone.

I've been lurking this forum quite frequently in the span of... a decade or so, and so I thought it was best I just become a member here. smile

I've been trying to get back into the piano for quite a few months now, after having not played piano for 7 and a half years. I'm also actively involved in composition, since I spent those 7 years analyzing music in the absence of a piano...

If I I have problems with any technique or how to accomplish a passage, hopefully this forum can help me out. smile

Kreisler #2941177 02/01/20 03:06 AM
T
T
Hi guys Martin here,

living currently in Netherlands and enjoying my life with my wife, a kid and a digital piano laugh.

My piano journey started at the age of 6 and I took classes for 12 years. The last piece I played when I was 17 was the "Gnomenreigen" by Liszt. During the last 6 years I had a very ambitious teacher, he wanted me to become a professional musician, but I knew, this was not for me. I had a few concerts and every time it was a huge struggle with nervosity etc., I also realized I do not enjoy to play in front of an audience. So I quit and afterwards came a break of 20 years with no practicing and playing only occasionally at family gatherings. The last 4 years I was not playing at all until....two weeks ago.
At the end of December 19 I decided to start a blog and challenge myself and everybody who wants to be challenged on practicing and enjoying piano music.You can also find me on my youtube-chanel doing some piano challenges smile. I'm mostly into classical music of the romantic era. I enjoy Chopin, Debussy and Liszt a lot, I know, these are the tough guys to play too, so you see, a lot of work and challenge is in front of me smile.

If you have some time and need some extra motivation, check out my website www.thepianochallenge.com .

Cheers,

Martin

Last edited by ThePianoChallenge; 02/01/20 03:08 AM.

Visit my blog at http://thepianochallenge.com
Kreisler #2946216 02/13/20 02:36 AM
A
A
Hi folks, time I did this!
I'm a Polish-Australian musician, full-time for most of my life, playing piano and all manner of synths and electronic keyboards, hardware and increasingly software. I'm a composer, arranger, performer, sound artist, producer, etc. I hope to have an album ready later this year. Looking forward to more discussion. :-)

Kreisler #2954220 03/04/20 02:35 PM
J
J
Greetings fellow humans!

I've occasionally browsed through PianoWorld through the years and finally decided to make an account and become involved in the community. I've been playing since the age of 4, and performing since probably 6 or 7. I'm 30 years old and reside on the East Coast of Canada. I can't read a note to save my life (maybe a bit of an exaggeration laugh) and play only by ear. I had a few years of conservatory training from about the age of 5 until 8-9, but I didn't have the attention span to stick with that. I was more interested in learning the next Elton song!

My goal now is to begin anew on the theory and reading side of music with the long term plan of returning to university where I would like to study composition and arrangement. I have fond memories of being a young chorister in our local boys honor choir. To this day, I still get chills down my neck when I hear the harmonies and solos of almost any professional group. It would be a dream come true to arrange and compose for a choral group sometime in the near future. smile

I've rambled enough, and I believe that one's music can reveal much more about one's self than words. Here's a quickie I shot last night for fun. (Go easy, it was spontaneous and I in no way claim to be classically trained or symphony grade!!) laugh

Kreisler #2976056 05/07/20 03:55 AM
K
K
Hi all, just in case it's bad form to not introduce oneself.....

I did two years of a piano performance degree at Auckland University back in the mid '80s. Finally accepted the reality that I wasn't as good as I needed to be, dropped out and didn't touch a piano for the next 30 years. Bought myself a Yamaha C3 a couple of years ago and am absolutely loving getting back into playing.

Kreisler #2976300 05/07/20 03:18 PM
M
M
I'm a newbie here, though I think I may have looked at discussions here over the last few years. Here's a short version of my story.

I took piano lessons as a child, from around 10 to 13 years old, back in the mid-60s. I got to the point of working on the Mozart Concerto in F, K.459. I hated the piece and the pressure from my mom and my teacher. I quit and didn't take up the piano again for another 20 years. By that time I knew what kind of music I wanted to play: lots of Brahms as a start. I found a great teacher who encouraged me with my Brahms obsession, and also got me to play other music that I came to love: things by Schubert, Chopin, Debussy, and more.

The lessons lasted for a couple of years until I had to move for work-related reasons. Then I didn't have a teacher for another 25 years, though I did attend a few piano camps in Bennington, Vermont, where the teaching was great. I ended up moving to Vermont (from California) as a result of those camps.

I finally found another teacher a couple of years ago and started making progress again. This spurred me to stretch my abilities by taking on music that was much harder than anything I'd played before, like Debussy's "Reflets dans l'eau", which I love passionately but still cannot (and may never) play as well as I would like. Clearly this is going to be a life-long process.

I had to leave an abusive marriage back in January, move to an apartment, and leave behind my M&H BB. So I've been using an old Yamaha P-95, which isn't very inspiring and my playing has suffered. I'm trying out a Yamaha NX1 on Monday and I hope this will be something I can use in my apartment with headphones and won't make miss my M&H too much.

1994 M&H BB; Yamaha N1X
Debussy: Images Bk.1 #1-2, Préludes Bk.2 #1,#6; Brahms: Op. 119 #3,#4; Ravel: Le Tombeau de Couperin, Prélude; Bolcom: Graceful Ghost Rag
Mark Alexander #2976317 05/07/20 04:13 PM
Mark,
Welcome and glad you got out of a bad situation and also glad you kept up the piano. I’ve had good and bad times and sometimes it’s hard to play when things aren’t .... stable... but at other times playing the piano was the only thing keeping me going, kept me sane. smile

If you’ve looked at the forums you know there is a wealth of knowledge here. I know some digi pianos actually sound better with a decent pair of head phones. I’m not sure what ones would give you that real feel, but anyway. Glad your here.

Odd

The piano ain’t got no wrong notes.
~ Thelonious Monk
Page 49 of 50 1 2 47 48 49 50

Moderated by  Brendan, Kreisler 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
100,000!
---------------------
NEW! Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
N3X Lid Pin Sticking Out?
by tierce_de_picardie - 01/15/21 07:45 PM
Polyester finish Yammy
by bill miller - 01/15/21 07:29 PM
Stack of Thirds Temperament
by Seeker - 01/15/21 07:07 PM
debussy Suite Bergamasque 2
by dolce sfogato - 01/15/21 06:44 PM
playing by ear or by notes
by hast66 - 01/15/21 05:51 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics204,277
Posts3,047,101
Members100,069
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission