2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, 13 invisible), 1,972 guests, and 321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Is your new piano nicely placed in a room worthy of photos? I ask because it's not often we get to see a grand-look digital piano.

J
J
I was specifically speaking about the N3x. as it is comparable in size. My dealer quoted me $13000-14000 for that piano. I suppose there are other options in the Avantgrand series, but for someone who is keen on the baby grand look, those were my 2 options. I could not see how someone could justify spending the extra on the N3x unless money was not an issue to them. The CLP 695 is Real Real Real close to the N3x. The added functions of the CLP make it a wash in terms of small quality difference. I would say you get way more value out of you dollar with the clavinova series, but again I paid only $ 5000 for the CLP 695. I suppose if I had to pay the MSRP $8500 for the Clp, it could be a bit tempting to get the N3x. IMO- still not worth the price difference though.

J
J
Originally Posted by johnstaf
Originally Posted by johnfred
I would love to help you out. I would also be able to post a video if anyone was interested in seeing or hearing the piano in action.

Yes please!

Would you prefer direct feed sound or basic live camera sound.

BTW ... I will need a few days to get something posted.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
So you got your CLP 695 for about $5,000? Don't forget to update the prices paid thread too, please.

If you could do the down weight and up weight measurements like David B did of his N1X at middle "C", I would appreciate that! I am in the market right now for a practice piano and will need to know those two measurements for my hand's benefit.

Yes, please post pics and/or a video! Would love to see the shinning wood on top.

Nord Grand, Kawai MP11 (v1), iMac 2017, Yamaha HS8's, Sennheiser 650, Focusrite 2i4, Pianoteq 6.4.0, Steinway Model A, Mason and Hamlin Model AA, Piano Marvel: 3C
J
J
Originally Posted by HwyStar
So you got your CLP 695 for about $5,000? Don't forget to update the prices paid thread too, please.

If you could do the down weight and up weight measurements like David B did of his N1X at middle "C", I would appreciate that! I am in the market right now for a practice piano and will need to know those two measurements for my hand's benefit.

Yes, please post pics and/or a video! Would love to see the shinning wood on top.

Yes . $4800 plus tax.

I’m pretty sure Pianoguy Swe already posted some down weight/ up weight measurements in an above post.

I am new to the forum and was unaware of a “price paid”. forum. I will look into that.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks JohnFred. I will scope that out.

The prices paid is at the top of the DP forum thread as a stickey.

Nord Grand, Kawai MP11 (v1), iMac 2017, Yamaha HS8's, Sennheiser 650, Focusrite 2i4, Pianoteq 6.4.0, Steinway Model A, Mason and Hamlin Model AA, Piano Marvel: 3C
V
V

Yes . $4800 plus tax.

I’m pretty sure Pianoguy Swe already posted some down weight/ up weight measurements in an above post.

I am new to the forum and was unaware of a “price paid”. forum. I will look into that.

Woah! That is the cheapest price I’ve seen by far. I was negotiating for a friend and they wouldn’t go lower than $6400 for the CLP695GP, but they gave me pretty good deals on two other pianos I’d bought from them. Weird.

Congrats on a steal of a price, though! Yes, pictures and video would be awesome. Anything you can share would be appreciated.

Yamaha AvantGrand N3X
Yamaha MOX8
Roland FP-10
J
J
Here is a video of a quick review I put together last night. I really only had an hour before my kids got home so please don’t criticize me for not being more prepared in my presentation. If I had more time I could put something a little more informative together, but this at least puts something out there for people to review.

https://youtu.be/UzrbV2Xu8Ng

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Thanks John for that. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Here is a video of a quick review I put together last night. I really only had an hour before my kids got home so please don’t criticize me for not being more prepared in my presentation. If I had more time I could put something a little more informative together, but this at least puts something out there for people to review.

https://youtu.be/UzrbV2Xu8Ng

Very nice review, John! thumb

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
P
P
...and very good pianist, too! Congrats John, particularly for a very well played Debussy. Because a nice piano does not play on its own!

Nice video John!

Congrats on the new piano!

James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
P
OP Offline
P
It’s nice to hear that you are happy with it, Johnfred. Nice review!

It’s a little daring to buy an instrument when you haven’t had a chance to try it properly, but I’m glad it turned out well for you.
I think you will be happy with it; I adapted to the action completely in less than a week, and if you come from another Yamaha piano, you shouldn’t have any problems with it.

BTW, I felt I had to pick up the glove you threw at me before, so I’ve just started practising a new piece I really like:

https://music.apple.com/se/album/en...wv-807-1-prelude/1452167957?i=1452168164

I’m thinking I should make this a challenge for the next few months: learn this and make a passable YouTube performance of it. No guarantees that I will succed in playing this well enough to be published, but I will try my best. I just hope I will get enough time for it. =)

Yamaha CLP-695GP at home.

Composers: Bach, Chopin, Liszt, Rachmaninoff, Mendelssohn.

Performers: David Fray, Jean Rondeau, Glenn Gould, Evgeny Kissin, Daniel Barenboim
J
J
Originally Posted by Pianoguy_SWE
It’s nice to hear that you are happy with it, Johnfred. Nice review!

It’s a little daring to buy an instrument when you haven’t had a chance to try it properly, but I’m glad it turned out well for you.
I think you will be happy with it; I adapted to the action completely in less than a week, and if you come from another Yamaha piano, you shouldn’t have any problems with it.

BTW, I felt I had to pick up the glove you threw at me before, so I’ve just started practising a new piece I really like:

https://music.apple.com/se/album/en...wv-807-1-prelude/1452167957?i=1452168164

I’m thinking I should make this a challenge for the next few months: learn this and make a passable YouTube performance of it. No guarantees that I will succed in playing this well enough to be published, but I will try my best. I just hope I will get enough time for it. =)

I’ve found that I really have to Love the piece if I am going to spend 50+ hours learning to play it.
There is no doubt in my mind that you can learn that Bach piece with enough practice.

I think I have 60+ hours learning Claire De lune, and at times I certainly wanted to give up. I mentioned this before, but I learn with the aid of decreasing tempo, and separating the left/ right parts which allows me to learn by ear. I think it may take me a bit longer this way, but I have no interest in learning to read music , and feel it may be a step backwards at this point in my life. Super thankful for technology!

I firmly believe you can do anything you put your mind to, so I will be looking forward to hearing the English Suite after you have mastered it!

J
J
Originally Posted by Pianofortissimo
...and very good pianist, too! Congrats John, particularly for a very well played Debussy. Because a nice piano does not play on its own!

Much Appreciated.

Thank you

P
OP Offline
P
You again MacMacMac? And I thought the internet trolls preferred Twitter? Imagine my surprise....

Yamaha CLP-695GP at home.

Composers: Bach, Chopin, Liszt, Rachmaninoff, Mendelssohn.

Performers: David Fray, Jean Rondeau, Glenn Gould, Evgeny Kissin, Daniel Barenboim
I've never ever used Twitter. I'm not qualified.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission