2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
26 members (clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., David B, Fried Chicken, 9 invisible), 1,173 guests, and 284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 42 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 41 42
OP Offline
Originally Posted by JoeT

From my own headphones showroom testing of the CLP-645 I can tell that both action and tone generator are identical to the P-515. Obviously amplification and speakers aren't the same for a slab, but they provide more than enough punch for my needs.

It comes at a cost: making it a pretty heavy beast unlike lightweight previous entries in Yamaha's P series. Nothing special though, its competitors Kawai ES8 and Roland FP-90 are in the same weight class. And the Kawai VPC1 is much heavier.

I might be wrong but IMHO the heavier the better (less wobble)...I have no intention to gig, just home practice.

Last edited by Chopin Acolyte; 06/18/19 02:50 AM.
J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
The P515 is a good piano but I've been reading reports of it having issues when playing with VSTs in general in fact the gentleman who suggested in this thread said with Pianoteq the notes were all over the place or something to that effect. Just make sure you try it WITH Pianoteq if you wish go in that direction. Do a google search also P515 and Pianoteq or VPC-1 and Pianoteq for that matter. The more information you get the better.

Here's one opposing thread regarding the P515 but in general most find the piano acceptable for the money they paid for it. http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2808499/1.html

Here's a positive one from an owner: http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2775221/yamaha-p515-first-impression.html

Here's a negative post: http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2793530/yamaha-p-515-sound-problem.html

Here's a positive post https://www.reddit.com/r/piano/comments/a9rh3j/just_got_my_yamaha_p515/

Last edited by Jethro; 06/18/19 08:45 AM.
J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
And here's another one, notice how someone mentions if using Pianoteq why doesn't one just buy the VPC-1 https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...this-sound-from-the-speakers-normal.html

More issues with the sound: https://www.reddit.com/r/piano/comments/awd7w7/p515_audio_problem_with_headphones/

Please also spend the time to look at the negative things about the VPC 1 including the poor quality pedals that affected the earlier models and some people find the action kind of heavy.

http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2695555/5.html Here's one.

and another one https://www.forum-pianoteq.com/viewtopic.php?id=3207

Last edited by Jethro; 06/18/19 09:03 AM.
J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
One on the pedal issues on the VPC-1 but Kawai James said recent shipments in the past few years have rectified quality control issues with the Fatar pedals https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2542895/Re:_VPC1_F30_Pedal_functioning.html

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jamiecw
Wow this thread is starting to give me the creeps....

Hiya, pianist! Aren't you gonna say hello?
[pianist shakes his head]

Ohhh. Come on, bucko. Don't you want a... VPC-1?

Ohhh... You want it, don't you? Oh, of course you do... and there's VSTs, and Pianoteq, and all sorts of surprises down here... and VPC-1 pianos too... All colors.

smile

Brexit's drove me mad, too . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Brexit? Oh--a quick pretext for some more political madness...the most BENT politician in the country is about become its leader! Now that's enough to drive anyone mad...
Except maybe his (just as BENT) cronies. [/illegal]

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Jethro
The P515 is a good piano but I've been reading reports of it having issues when playing with VSTs in general in fact the gentleman who suggested in this thread said with Pianoteq the notes were all over the place or something to that effect.

The built-in touch curves fit the built-in sounds, which are far superior to Pianoteq.

Here's one opposing thread regarding the P515 but in general most find the piano acceptable for the money they paid for it.

I'm happy with it overall - the headphone amplifier could use a little more punch. Took me a while to get used to the "heavy" action, but after a few weeks it turned out being perfect and my practice results were reproduceable on some semi-concert grand. I have nothing more to ask for at that price level.

Yamaha P-515
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by thickfingers
Brexit? Oh--a quick pretext for some more political madness...the most BENT politician in the country is about become its leader! Now that's enough to drive anyone mad...
Except maybe his (just as BENT) cronies. [/illegal]

Lovely. It seems it is OK to talk politics here, as long as it isn't American politics or involve people with names that begin with 'T' or their family members. :rolleyes:

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
"T" ? As in Teddy Roosevelt? Or Thomas Jefferson? Or Thom Tillis? I really don't know who you mean. smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Well, I for one am a sucker for political debates. But I have to admit that in all my internet experience, politics is the second most divisive topic ever - second only to Pianoteq.

Physical instruments: Roland FP-30, and E-28
Virtual instruments: "The Experience" piano collection, NI "The Maverick", Galaxy II Grand piano collection, Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.5.2
Focus: 1850±100 years
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Why doesn't that rolleyes smiley work? Been looking for one of those. I need it. :rolleyes:
Originally Posted by QuasiUnaFantasia
Well, I for one am a sucker for political debates. But I have to admit that in all my internet experience, politics is the second most divisive topic ever - second only to Pianoteq.

Debates? Can't argue with them--something wrong with their brains. You just [b]can't stop them changing the subject or foisting subject-change smokescreen rubbish on top of your lucid, undeniable argument. Can't tell 'em. But, can't stop trying to tell 'em.

Last edited by thickfingers; 06/18/19 11:42 AM.
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Let's merge the two topics (Pianoteq and politics) and draw some conclusions. Pianoteq guys are the marxists/communists of the VST-s, there's no pluralism allowed and any opinion that questions the greatness of the party would be ruthlessly crushed laugh As funny as that may sound, I've actually started receiving abuse on YouTube from a triggered anonymous Pianoteq leftist.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
And rightly so. And that's "Party" if you don't mind--"parties" are somewhere to go for a kneesup.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by CyberGene
Let's merge the two topics (Pianoteq and politics) and draw some conclusions. Pianoteq guys are the marxists/communists of the VST-s, there's no pluralism allowed and any opinion that questions the greatness of the party would be ruthlessly crushed laugh

This is only right as Pianoteq is the solution to world hunger, climate change, poverty, social justice, and a myriad of other ills.

Pianoteq Users of the World, Unite!

EDIT: Oops... that doesn't really include me, any more, does it? blush I've used Pianoteq about 10 mins total in the 25 days since I got my N1X, mostly for just testing! blush

As funny as that may sound, I've actually started receiving abuse on YouTube from a triggered anonymous Pianoteq leftist.

Some people just can't handle other people's (incorrect) opinions and as a consequence act out. Be careful not to spoil your child! wink

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Pianoteq guys are the marxists/communists of the VST-s, there's no pluralism allowed and any opinion that questions the greatness of the party would be ruthlessly crushed laugh

No, the Pianoteq creators would clearly be some form of libertarians, since they are all about safeguarding the freedom to change anything about the sound using a huge array of parameters. Opposed to this would be the nanny-state sample libraries, who clearly think that having the freedom to change the sound is not what people need, because everyone really need only the same old and proven sound that everyone else is also getting. smile

Last edited by QuasiUnaFantasia; 06/18/19 12:09 PM.

Virtual instruments: "The Experience" piano collection, NI "The Maverick", Galaxy II Grand piano collection, Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.5.2
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Pianoteq guys are the marxists/communists of the VST-s, there's no pluralism allowed and any opinion that questions the greatness of the party would be ruthlessly crushed laugh

No, the Pianoteq creators would ...

No, no, no! I was not talking about the creators, they are cool guys, I've communicated with Philippe many times, he's probably even nicer than Kawai James who's already inhumanely nice laugh I meant the Pianoteq aficionados/zealots/partisans... They are ready to blow off people for not accepting Pianoteq as the only solution to hunger and poverty wink

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

No, no, no! I was not talking about the creators, they are cool guys, I've communicated with Philippe many times, he's probably even nicer than Kawai James who's already inhumanely nice laugh I meant the Pianoteq aficionados/zealots/partisans... They are ready to blow off people for not accepting Pianoteq as the only solution to hunger and poverty wink

Oh, yeah, I get it now! You were referring to what you possibly perceive as PJW's (Pianoteq Justice Warriors). smile

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member

Oh, yeah, I get it now! You were referring to what you possibly perceive as PJW's (Pianoteq Justice Warriors). smile

Haha, thanks, was wondering in what way to use the "SJW" term and PJW is the proper analogy indeed laugh

J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by JoeT
Originally Posted by Jethro
The P515 is a good piano but I've been reading reports of it having issues when playing with VSTs in general in fact the gentleman who suggested in this thread said with Pianoteq the notes were all over the place or something to that effect.

The built-in touch curves fit the built-in sounds, which are far superior to Pianoteq.

Here's one opposing thread regarding the P515 but in general most find the piano acceptable for the money they paid for it.

I'm happy with it overall - the headphone amplifier could use a little more punch. Took me a while to get used to the "heavy" action, but after a few weeks it turned out being perfect and my practice results were reproduceable on some semi-concert grand. I have nothing more to ask for at that price level.

That's all good.

OP Offline
Just a reminder guys, the more you rant on forums online, the less time you spend practicing.

Page 17 of 42 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission