2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
34 members (busa, benkeys, Burkhard, fullerphoto, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, 4 invisible), 1,288 guests, and 287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by pianoloverus
Originally Posted by trandinhnamanh
My God! Pianos are not for that! Please regulate, tune and put them in a good acoustic showroom. They’re musical instruments!
What makes you assume the pianos in the vault aren't tuned and regulated or that the vault is not a good acoustic showroom?

Just because a vault is a vault. Pianos are not like money to be hide in vaults.

Hamburg Steinway & Sons C-227
Yamaha Stagea Electone ELS-02X
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
My God! Pianos are not for that! Please regulate, tune and put them in a good acoustic showroom. They’re musical instruments!
What makes you assume the pianos in the vault aren't tuned and regulated or that the vault is not a good acoustic showroom?

Just because a vault is a vault. Pianos are not like money to be hide in vaults.
A vault is just a room like a room in a showroom. No different than the room at the Steinway factory where one can select Bs or Ds but one cannot just walk into without permission and an appointment. The "vault" part is just a gimmick.

Online Content
I think the vault is a clever if silly idea. It would be even better if they expanded the idea something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC1ikwQ5Zgc

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

A vault is just a room like a room in a showroom. No different than the room at the Steinway factory where one can select Bs or Ds but one cannot just walk into without permission and an appointment. The "vault" part is just a gimmick.

Just another american marketing trick for stupid rich. Pianos should better be treated well in showroom to be selected and purchased, and after, in home or musical venues for making music

Online Content

Just another american marketing trick for stupid rich. Pianos should better be treated well in showroom to be selected and purchased, and after, in home or musical venues for making music
The art case designs like those in the vault are meant for people who want pianos at least in part for their furniture appeal. That is a perfectly valid reason to buy a piano, and I think it's arrogant to criticize those who buy pianos for that reason.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
The art case designs like those in the vault are meant for people who want pianos at least in part for their furniture appeal. That is a perfectly valid reason to buy a piano, and I think it's arrogant to criticize those who buy pianos for that reason.

True art is priceless, and for sharing, not to sell/buy. A piano with a "real" art case outfit should better be shown and heard in public than keeping at home, or even worst, in a vault.

Last edited by trandinhnamanh; 06/15/19 07:28 PM.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

[/quote]
Just another american marketing trick for stupid rich. Pianos should better be treated well in showroom to be selected and purchased, and after, in home or musical venues for making music [/quote]The art case designs like those in the vault are meant for people who want pianos at least in part for their furniture appeal. That is a perfectly valid reason to buy a piano, and I think it's arrogant to criticize those who buy pianos for that reason. [/quote]

Buying any piano for any reason is valid, imo.

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by NobleHouse

Indeed. Any reason is valid. This, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpKT_eeCVNI

sleep

Last edited by trandinhnamanh; 06/15/19 07:52 PM.

S
PW Gold Subscriber
PW Gold Subscriber
S

sleep

You know that this video is not an equivalent. The pianos in the secret vault are, indeed, treated well. They are just reserved for those that can afford them. If this were in Steinway Hamburg, I doubt you would be making any negative comments. Your negative remarks about NY Steinway are like a broken record,

Online Content

True art is priceless, and for sharing, not to sell/buy. A piano with a "real" art case outfit should better be shown and heard in public than keeping at home, or even worst, in a vault.
The pianos are not permanently in a vault. The vault is just a showroom with a twist.

Someone buying a piano can certainly keep it in their home and has zero obligation to show it in public. I'd guess that 99% of art cases purchased by individuals are in the buyers' home.The idea that these pianos should be in some public space is frankly ludicrous. Should those who buy a work of visual art by a great artist be criticized for having it in their home? Should Steinway, Boesendorfer, Fazioli, and other makers of great art case pianos not be allowed to sell these pianos to people who will not display the pianos in a public space?

i have no idea what you could mean by a "real" art case.

If you think true art is priceless and not to sell/buy that would mean that art case pianos should not be sold/bought. If you don't think art case pianos are true art, then your comment is not relevant to this thread.

Platinum Supporter until December 31, 2022
9000 Post Club Member

9000 Post Club Member

Just another american marketing trick for stupid rich.

Why quantify this as American?

Search US techs by Zip Code
“If it sounds good, it IS good.” ― Duke Ellington!

B
BDB Offline
B

Semipro Tech
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by dogperson

sleep

You know that this video is not an equivalent. The pianos in the secret vault are, indeed, treated well. They are just reserved for those that can afford them. If this were in Steinway Hamburg, I doubt you would be making any negative comments. Your negative remarks about NY Steinway are like a broken record,

Ooups! I do forget, again, that here's a sensible U.S. piano forum...

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Retsacnal

Just because German Steinway don't do this kind of things!
(sorry to all NY Steinway fanboys!)

9000 Post Club Member

9000 Post Club Member
I lived in Germany for 4 years, as well as other parts of Europe, and have visited regularly ever since. There are certainly businesses in Europe that cater specifically and directly to wealthy clientele.

Search US techs by Zip Code
“If it sounds good, it IS good.” ― Duke Ellington!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

The pianos are not permanently in a vault. The vault is just a showroom with a twist.

Someone buying a piano can certainly keep it in their home and has zero obligation to show it in public. I'd guess that 99% of art cases purchased by individuals are in the buyers' home.The idea that these pianos should be in some public space is frankly ludicrous. Should those who buy a work of visual art by a great artist be criticized for having it in their home? Should Steinway, Boesendorfer, Fazioli, and other makers of great art case pianos not be allowed to sell these pianos to people who will not display the pianos in a public space?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Online Content

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Seems like since you have no reasonable response to my comments you resort to insults.

Online Content

Seems like since you have no reasonable response to my comments you resort to insults.
Originally Posted by Retsacnal

Just because German Steinway don't do this kind of things!
(sorry to all NY Steinway fanboys!)
But Hamburg Steinway makes or has made art case pianos, so your statement is false.The only difference is the NY Steinway has called their latest showroom the vault which is an insignificant difference.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
But Hamburg Steinway makes or has made art case pianos, so your statement is false.The only difference is the NY Steinway has called their latest showroom the vault which is an insignificant difference.

German Steinway actually made more art case pianos than US Steinway. I think everybody (well, I mean everybody in the world, not only here) know that. And in some asians countries, brand new art case Spirio Steinways are sold like cup cakes to rich peoples! Even that, no need to have such a stupid "secret" (yeah, the word they put ridiculously on medias) vault with thick door and biologic lock etc. to expose pianos.

If, personally, somebody like this idea, how lucky they are!
Not me, that's all!

Last edited by trandinhnamanh; 06/15/19 11:21 PM.

Sorry, but to me this is the perhaps most ridiculous looking piano I ever saw.
IMHO, it certainly does not do justice to the name Steinway. 😌
Norbert

Last edited by Norbert; 06/15/19 11:45 PM.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission