2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Adam Reynolds, AJMurphy, Barry_Braksick, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, 7 invisible), 1,590 guests, and 218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MrKaramba
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Originally Posted by MrKaramba
As depicted in the recent Chernobyl miniseries, sometimes/often it is individuals that rise to the occasion - not governments - and when these individuals do, sometimes it is despite their governments.
Believe me, not in Soviet Union. They were one of the most cruel governments that ever existed on this planet. Their only goal was to show that communism is great and that they have no problems. Unfortunately, today's Russia has not changed much and as long as Putin is living, no change will be visible on the horizon. People life means nothing to them, and if they have to sacrify few of them just to stay with good propaganda, they will do it.
My wife and I have a flat in Moscow. We know something about it.
Didn't know it. I live in South part of Poland

Well it's good you now know something about the Russian and their leaders, past and present, even though you live in South part of Poland! wink

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
K
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K
Great now I play this:

A long long time ago, I can still remember
How that music used to make me smile....
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
So if Tyrone disappears suddenly one day, we can narrow the field of likely perpetrators to:

1. Yamaha action technician protection crew.
2. FSB
3. Cable management racketeering gangs

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Gombessa
So if Tyrone disappears suddenly one day, we can narrow the field of likely perpetrators to:

1. Yamaha action technician protection crew.
2. FSB

FSB is the name of my favorite Bulgarian progressive rock band I was crazy about in my youth smile

Last edited by CyberGene; 06/10/19 03:41 PM.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
2. FSB

Well, at least not the SVR smile

Didn't mention the so-called "professional" audio engineer that came over Saturday.

So many things are now futz'ed up. It was a fail cry

Can't believe I paid the dude. I know some of you would have booted him out on his @ss. But I was weak. frown LOL. Now looking for another one to fix what Saturday's broke...

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Now looking for another one to fix what Saturday's broke...

What about divide and conquer? Start simple and add one piece at a time? Start with the one that is giving you trouble.

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
T
T
So what is broken?

I may be new to this piano stuff but have worked as audio installer ( home audio ) full time since 1983

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by tesladan
So what is broken?

I may be new to this piano stuff but have worked as audio installer ( home audio ) full time since 1983

The mini-PC that was driving everything was working before and with Reaper as the DAW. It was huffing and puffing, sure, but it was working. Now running Zoom.us, and he even deleted Reaper, it seriously lags. Affected my piano lesson this morning. Whatever that guy did to my PC and Windows 10 Pro was not good. Furthermore, my mono mic is not longer in both L and R channels. It is only in the L channel. That sucks. What was that guy thinking? Sure, it's not a stereo mic, but even a mono-mic should be heard in both ear pieces! I guess he equated mono-mic for ears = monocle for eyes.

[Linked Image]

There's other stuff broken, but I'm too depressed to think much about it.

He's offered to build me a faster Windows 10 PC that will work with all the bits I have, but isn't this just giving the fox the keys to the henhouse? I'll end up with an i9-9900 that slower than the PC I had before he came Saturday. cry

EDIT: For a mono mic that has an XLR cable/connector w/ phantom power, is there any way to just get some sort of XLR splitter, so that I can plug the single mic, split into both L and R channel? Or would the 48V phantom power make this impossible? I'm trying to just fix this with the least effort possible without futzing with this entire configuration (at least if I don't give up and hire someone else to fix it a 2nd time).

[Linked Image]

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Simple fix: Plug piano power cord into outlet. Press power switch on piano. Apply fingers to keys. Done. smile
When you have a top-level piano ... what more do you need?

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
EDIT: For a mono mic that has an XLR cable/connector w/ phantom power, is there any way to just get some sort of XLR splitter, so that I can plug the single mic, split into both L and R channel? Or would the 48V phantom power make this impossible? I'm trying to just fix this with the least effort possible without futzing with this entire configuration (at least if I don't give up and hire someone else to fix it a 2nd time).

I just thought of something funny... My path of least resistance on the mono mic issue might be.... to buy a 2nd mic!!!! shocked Sadly, not joking... mad

[Linked Image]

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Simple fix: Plug piano power cord into outlet. Press power switch on piano. Apply fingers to keys. Done. smile
When you have a top-level piano ... what more do you need?

Discussed before. Because of my desires to be able to record videos (for piano lessons), have live video/audio for piano lessons, have the couple upstairs that freely make "squeaky bed noises" but can't tolerate my piano to stop pounding on my ceiling (their floor), etc., my set up is a bit complex.

[Linked Image]

T
T
Before switching back to Mac computer's, I used to build pc for audio applications emphasized for audio as music server. Fanless power supply , ultra quiet system fans, NVMe M2 ssd on Windows 10 Pro etc.

Whoever did changes to your PC should have backed everything up or at least create restore point. I know Cockos Reaper has gotten good reviews for pc based ( DAW ) and it is a complex program compared to GarageBand.

You need a expert in DAW software and someone who knows Reaper inside out to sort out hardware issues. Definitely do not have this guy go near your pc or setup again.

I have a lot to learn, understanding GarageBand before even considering Logic Pro X.

Can imagine how frustrated you must be, when system is worse after hiring someone to help you.

Dan

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by tesladan
Can imagine how frustrated you must be, when system is worse after hiring someone to help you.

Yeah, this weekend's audio engineer says he knows what is wrong and is asking to remote in to my PC using VNC to fix it. I'm thinking of letting him. Can't be worse than it is now. frown

[Linked Image]

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Interview with Chernobyl Piano engineer Vlad. Interesting city videos and images.

L
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
L
Cool Video thanks for posting.

When you play, never mind who listens to you. R.Schumann.

Casio GP-400

2006 August Förster 215
I'm having a hard time understanding the motivation for this.

The explosion was a disaster.
It is a horror that so many were killed or injured by the accident.
It's a shame that so many people had to be evacuated, and then lost their homes and belongings.

But old crappy pianos are to be found every day, everywhere ... often for sale, or for give-away, or for firewood.
That these crap pianos became crap as a result of a nuclear accident affords them no special status, IMO.
They're even less worth having or hearing given that risk had to be taken to fetch them.

This piano recovery isn't a wonder. It's a fools errand.
Just my two cents.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
After that Chernobyl TV show, the “Chernobyl” tag is a milky cow. Expect more of this silliness.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
There are many ways to help victims, displaced families, and society in general deal with the widespread suffering of a disaster.

Society uses thinks like memorials, stories, art, and music to provide some level of support, closure and a long-term memory for people. The Pripyat Pianos are this type of vehicle.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Radioactive flash sale on Pripyat piano, 70% off, now $59.99

https://audioplugin.deals/

V
V
Originally Posted by newer player
There are many ways to help victims, displaced families, and society in general deal with the widespread suffering of a disaster.

Society uses thinks like memorials, stories, art, and music to provide some level of support, closure and a long-term memory for people. The Pripyat Pianos are this type of vehicle.

So... what percentage of the sales proceeds is going to a fund helping the victims' families?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission