2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
34 members (Erinmarriott, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, busa, 4 invisible), 1,316 guests, and 275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
OP Offline
O
I mainly write for piano as a pianist, hence being a part of this wonderful community. But I am occasionally pushed to write outside my comfort zone and I managed to write a string quartet that was recently recorded due to a competition I won. I know you guys listen to more than just piano so I wanted to put it out there to share it with you guys since you all know where I'm coming from smile

Cheers, Oscar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd7HFhXGseY

H
6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
H
Congratulations !
I enjoyed listening to it.
Thanks for sharing.

I
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I
I enjoyed it, too. Thank you!

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Bravo!

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

I
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I
Good one, Oscar! Outside the comfort zone is a good place to live for a composer. Have you tried recording a flat out piano improvisation and then writing it down as a piano or string piece? You have the skills to do such a thing. As you probably know all my tracks are made this way. The difference being I could never write it down, so I arrange and orchestrate directly on the iPad.

Here is a piece in return for your excellent work...

https://soundcloud.com/michael-levy-387395070/66-part-f-use

Jazz at www.newartistsrecords.com. Search Michael Levy. Use Safari for free tracks.
https://soundcloud.com/michael-levy-387395070 for jazz, classical, world, rock tracks Albums on Bandcamp: https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/music
Kawai ES8, Casio PXS3000
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Here's another listener who quite enjoyed the quartet.

Thank you for sharing.

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Wow, Oscar that was wonderful!

"Playing the piano is my greatest joy...period."......JP
O
OP Offline
O
Thanks so much glad you liked it smile

O
OP Offline
O
Your welcome laugh

O
OP Offline
O
Thanks so much!

O
OP Offline
O
Thanks for listening Bruce smile

O
OP Offline
O
Thanks Jazzy laugh

O
OP Offline
O
I should definitely try that! Thanks for listening and by the way, I loved what you sent me––it's got a really great vibe to it laugh

C
C
I am a composer too and I have posted for feedback in the composer subforum multiple times and most of the time, I get no response at all, not the constructive feedback that I am aiming for. And it doesn't even matter whether or not it is for piano. I recorded myself improvising a waltz and then wrote it down little by little, 1 harmonic area at a time. I guess I should post it here in the Pianist Corner subforum since it is for piano. It certainly would seem to get a faster response and overall more responses.

S
PW Gold Subscriber
PW Gold Subscriber
S
Originally Posted by caters
I am a composer too and I have posted for feedback in the composer subforum multiple times and most of the time, I get no response at all, not the constructive feedback that I am aiming for. And it doesn't even matter whether or not it is for piano. I recorded myself improvising a waltz and then wrote it down little by little, 1 harmonic area at a time. I guess I should post it here in the Pianist Corner subforum since it is for piano. It certainly would seem to get a faster response and overall more responses.

Hi.Caters
From looking at your postings in the composer’x Lounge, you received very thoughtful feedback from a very experienced composer for your nocturne, trio and sonata. I have not checked all of your postings, but for these three there was no reply from you, not even ‘thanks’. You did receive constructive feedback which took thought and time. I’m sure the poster would appreciate some acknowledgement. Not to reply does not encourage others to post their thoughts.

From your replies to the ‘walrz’ Composition, you did not agree with any of them. It is not as if your composition was ignored.

Have you thought about finding a composition instructor? You seem quite passionate about pursuing composing. 😊

I
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I
Keep up the good work, Oscar!

Caters, in my experience neither this forum, nor others, is a hotbed of response to posted work. Nothing wrong with that, just the ay it is. You have to accept that. Have you tried SoundCloud?

Jazz at www.newartistsrecords.com. Search Michael Levy. Use Safari for free tracks.
https://soundcloud.com/michael-levy-387395070 for jazz, classical, world, rock tracks Albums on Bandcamp: https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/music
Kawai ES8, Casio PXS3000
L
L
Nice work Oscar. Do you know anything about the production side of this recording? The composition itself is great, but the recording quality is awesome as well.

C
C
Originally Posted by IosPlayer
Keep up the good work, Oscar!

Caters, in my experience neither this forum, nor others, is a hotbed of response to posted work. Nothing wrong with that, just the ay it is. You have to accept that. Have you tried SoundCloud?

No. Isn't that just for sharing the audio of your music? Audio doesn't tell the full story. Visual is just as important. That is partly why I upload my scores onto the Musescore site first before posting about it anywhere else(and also because Musescore is the only notation software that I have since most other notation software, especially Sibelius, is absurdly expensive and Musescore from my experience is just as good as Sibelius without the price)

O
OP Offline
O
Thanks so much! Unfortunately I was not involved in the recording process since it was a recording provided by the national Young Composer's Challenge competition. Thanks for listening smile

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission