2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
47 members (accordeur, anotherscott, chopinetto, Abdol, David B, 20/20 Vision, bwv872, Anna B., 12 invisible), 405 guests, and 442 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21
Re: Pianist magazine
Pianoperformance #2853418 05/29/19 05:55 AM
P
P
Our next issue is now available to pre-order! It includes an interview with the legendary Menahem Pressler -> http://bit.ly/Pianist108

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Pianoperformance #2854181 05/31/19 09:37 AM
P
P
I purchased Pianist Magazine through Pocketmags when they had a sale back in March. Found the info here ( unfortunately can’t remember who posted it) but thank you! It was an early birthday gift and I’m really enjoying the magazine but usually read it on my iPad and can’t get any of the recordings to work. Those that connect to YouTube will run, but I can’t hear the audio. The others look like they’re running, but again, I can’t hear any audio. The volume is turned on with my iPad and turned up loudly enough to hear. I can hear other recordings from other websites like YouTube or Netflix, Amazon movies/tv etc. Any ideas or tips/tricks so I can hear the audio versions of the scores? I can hear the Pianist scores on my computer, but use my iPad more than computer so would like to figure out what I’m doing wrong and fix it for iPad.

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Kathy

PianoCats #2854191 05/31/19 10:19 AM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by PianoCats
I purchased Pianist Magazine through Pocketmags when they had a sale back in March. Found the info here ( unfortunately can’t remember who posted it) but thank you! It was an early birthday gift and I’m really enjoying the magazine but usually read it on my iPad and can’t get any of the recordings to work. Those that connect to YouTube will run, but I can’t hear the audio. The others look like they’re running, but again, I can’t hear any audio. The volume is turned on with my iPad and turned up loudly enough to hear. I can hear other recordings from other websites like YouTube or Netflix, Amazon movies/tv etc. Any ideas or tips/tricks so I can hear the audio versions of the scores? I can hear the Pianist scores on my computer, but use my iPad more than computer so would like to figure out what I’m doing wrong and fix it for iPad.

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Kathy

That's odd, Kathy. Are you accessing the digital subscription using the "PocketMags Digital Newstand" app or the separate, dedicated "Pianist Magazine" app?

I just tried the Pianist Magazine app with the issue #108 June-July 2019 on my iPad Pro. I'm on Pachelbel Fugue in C, P.144, I hit the "Play Track" in the upper left of the page, and out comes the audio of a piano playing the score. This isn't working for you? If you're in the PocketMags Digital Newstand app, can you download the separate Pianist Magazine app and try with that instead? See if Pachelbel Fugue in C, P.144 makes any sound for you in the Pianist Magazine app.

If you already are using the Pianist Magazine app, there there must be some sort of configuration problem either in your iPad's IOS settings or in the Pianist Magazine app itself. (I'm assuming it isn't iPad hardware issues - that you've tried iTunes or some other music on your iPad and that does work for you.) I'm less familiar with how to solve problems with IOS, but one thing quick to try is to delete the Pianist Magazine app entirely and then re-download and re-install it from the App Store.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Pianoperformance #2854208 05/31/19 10:51 AM
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
I agree with Tyrone. Try the Pianist App. I have no issues using the Pianist App. I found the pocketmags app didn't work as well for me. If that's not the issue, then sorry, I have no idea.

Kawai K-500
Casio PX-735 (in retirement)
Pianoperformance #2854351 05/31/19 05:29 PM
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
I spoke too soon. *Sigh*

In issue #107, in the Pianist App, I would be on the page of a certain song, and when I press play, it would play that particular song.

In issue #108, I would be on the page of a certain song (first beginner song), and when I press play, it would play a completely different song! I could fix it by opening the dialogue box (top right corner) and searching through the list of songs in the issue, and finding the song I had intended to play, but that’s just a little annoying.

Then on the page of the second beginner song, when I press play, nothing happens. Didn’t bother checking the remaining songs.

Is something wrong with issue #108 or the Pianist App? Maybe I should re-install.

Kawai K-500
Pianoperformance #2854356 05/31/19 05:38 PM
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Yes, something is wrong with this issue, I’m having the same problem.

It’s never too late to be what you might have been. -George Eliot
Pianoperformance #2854359 05/31/19 05:44 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
You're right, WeakLeftHand. And I was wrong about Pachelbel. All of the pieces I tried in #108 (up through the Schumann flower to me piece), have either played the wrong music, or are linked to something other than music. Pachelbel plays music, but not the right music.

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Pianoperformance #2854361 05/31/19 05:47 PM
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Thanks for confirming, John and Tyrone. I wonder how to get in touch with Pianist Magazine to let them know?

Kawai K-500
WeakLeftHand #2854362 05/31/19 05:50 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by WeakLeftHand
Thanks for confirming, John and Tyrone. I wonder how to get in touch with Pianist Magazine to let them know?

This page has their contact info (click the appropriate "contact us" link). Are you going to jot them a quick note?

[Linked Image]

Tyrone Slothrop #2854367 05/31/19 05:57 PM
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

This page has their contact info (click the appropriate "contact us" link). Are you going to jot them a quick note?

I could, but if you would like to, I will defer to you, as you are more technologically advanced than I am lol!

Last edited by WeakLeftHand; 05/31/19 05:57 PM.

Kawai K-500
Pianoperformance #2854384 05/31/19 06:35 PM
P
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
P
Yup, I noticed 108 is creating a glitch. I can play the score when I hit the top right music note icon, drop down list , and then hit the piece. Weird glitch. Never seen this one before and I have been a long time digital subscriber.

Dream came true : playing the piano
Kawai CS11/Yamaha Arius 161
lessons: 150 hours + counting
Pianoperformance #2854423 05/31/19 09:21 PM
P
P
Thanks guys! My issue seems to be different as I can’t get any music to play, wrong song or otherwise. It was also doing this with the previous issue. I was using the Pocketmags app so have added the Pianist app and am updating the iOS on my iPad. I’ll keep you posted!

Thanks again for your help, Kathy

WeakLeftHand #2854426 05/31/19 09:40 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
I could, but if you would like to, I will defer to you, as you are more technologically advanced than I am lol!

OK. I submitted bug reports both to the Web Help contact and the Online Editor.

[Linked Image]

PianoCats #2854427 05/31/19 09:41 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Thanks guys! My issue seems to be different as I can’t get any music to play, wrong song or otherwise. It was also doing this with the previous issue. I was using the Pocketmags app so have added the Pianist app and am updating the iOS on my iPad. I’ll keep you posted!

Thanks again for your help, Kathy

You can test it with Issues #106 and #107 in the Pianist Magazine app and it should work for you. It works for me. As you see above, Issue #108 is broken though.

[Linked Image]

Tyrone Slothrop #2854430 05/31/19 09:45 PM
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W

OK. I submitted bug reports both to the Web Help contact and the Online Editor.

Thanks Tyrone!

Kawai K-500
Pianoperformance #2854439 05/31/19 10:31 PM
P
P
Thanks Tyrone! I have tested it with issue #107 in Pianist app and still no sound. Getting ready to restart my iPad. Not sure why it doesn’t work since others like you are using iPads with no problems.

Thanks, Kathy

Pianoperformance #2854442 05/31/19 10:52 PM
P
P
Unfortunately turning iPad off didn’t turn the sound on. Past my bedtime so will try more tomorrow. At least I can read the articles and print out the scores to play! Thanks again to those trying to help.

Kathy

Pianoperformance #2854577 06/01/19 10:49 AM
P
P
So, we installed the Pianist app on my husband’s iPad and it plays the scores without any problems. Mine, still no sound. We’re going to try comparing how his is set up and mimicking the set up with mine. If that doesn’t work, I’m going to take it to a Mac store to see if they can figure it out.

I bought my iPad in August of 2014 so it’s not quite 5 years old, but wondering if it’s too old to handle the Pianist score playing technology. I guess worst case, I spring for a new iPad, but in the meantime will probably borrow my husband’s iPad or listen on my computer. We’re closing on a house Monday and moving this summer so now not the best time to buy a new iPad, especially since I was considering going with the iPad Pro when this one finally conks out.

Thanks again to all for your suggestions!

Kathy

PianoCats #2854580 06/01/19 11:00 AM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
So, we installed the Pianist app on my husband’s iPad and it plays the scores without any problems. Mine, still no sound. We’re going to try comparing how his is set up and mimicking the set up with mine. If that doesn’t work, I’m going to take it to a Mac store to see if they can figure it out.

Before you take it to the Mac store, you might back up your iPad to the iCloud, and then restore it to factory settings, and restore the iPad from iCloud. In fact, if I were you, after restoring factory settings but before restoring from iCloud, I would try to install only the Pianist Magazine app and see if it works properly on your iPad with factory settings.

I bought my iPad in August of 2014 so it’s not quite 5 years old, but wondering if it’s too old to handle the Pianist score playing technology. I guess worst case, I spring for a new iPad, but in the meantime will probably borrow my husband’s iPad or listen on my computer. We’re closing on a house Monday and moving this summer so now not the best time to buy a new iPad, especially since I was considering going with the iPad Pro when this one finally conks out.

Thanks again to all for your suggestions!

Kathy

Before I upgraded myself to an iPad Pro a week ago, my last iPad was over 5 years old, already was not getting new iOS updates (Apple stops updating iOS on older iPads/iPhones after a few years), but the Pianist Magazine app was working fine. As I said, as long as you are able to play music out of your iPad, I really think this app should work if you restore it to factory settings.

[Linked Image]

Pianoperformance #2854620 06/01/19 12:41 PM
P
P
Thanks Tyrone! I’m going to a local symphony concert this evening, but will definitely try your suggestions this weekend. My iPad is still getting new iOS updates and plays music just fine from other sources, so agree with you that it should work.

OT: How are you liking the iPad Pro? Did you get it for the ability to handle music scores? Even if for another reason, have you tried it with music scores? And if so, how do you like it?

Thanks, Kathy

Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Our October 2020 Free Piano Newsletter is Here!
---------------------
3,000,000+!
------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is Vermeer the most 'musical' of the great artists?
by bennevis - 11/24/20 07:23 PM
New DP under 3000 euros
by Pullman12 - 11/24/20 03:21 PM
Recording device - Recommendations
by Kinimod - 11/24/20 02:52 PM
Your opinions on my digital mixer setup
by Abdol - 11/24/20 02:37 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics203,024
Posts3,026,807
Members99,363
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission