2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
48 members (Bostonmoores, 20/20 Vision, Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 5 invisible), 1,301 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
OP Offline
T
Hi Everyone,

I am looking forward to buy Korg G1 air. I am wondering fi anyone has this piano and are there any complaints? I heard about some problem with clicking keys. Is this a serious problem?

If you don't like this model, can some one recommend something else in same price range? I am getting it for $1500.

This will be my first DP. basically buying it for family and would like a model which emulates acoustic action pretty well and lasts a long time.

Thanks

K
K
Originally Posted by tiger015
can some one recommend something else in same price range?Thanks

Not a recommendation.

You will find a lot of nice DPs in the $1200-1800 price range:

* Korg C1 Air (same RH3 action as the G1 Air)
* Kawai ES8
* Roland FP60
* Yamaha P515
* Kawai MP7SE
* Roland FP90
* Yamaha YDP 163/164

Ideally, you should visit some stores and do some playtesting before you buy something like a DP.

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks. But what are the issues against G1 air?

Are you recommending C1 air and not G1 air? I have read that G1 air is superior in tech.

Last edited by tiger015; 05/21/19 09:54 AM.
K
K
I have read that G1 air is superior in tech.

I have looked at the specs. There are some differences. It sure is more expensive.

Are you recommending C1 air and not G1 air?

I don't do recommendations. I simply listed various options in a certain price range that you could also consider, if you haven't already done that. If you feel the G1 air is what you like, then go for it.

But what are the issues against G1 air?

I don't know. I am in the process of choosing a DP myself. Based on availability, warranty and other issues in my country/city, I cannot consider Roland and Korg and have to choose between select models by Casio, Kawai and Yamaha.

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D

Are you recommending C1 air and not G1 air? I have read that G1 air is superior in tech.

You will read a lot of things.

There will be no end to the good and bad points for each one.

I will tell you to go for the ES8 and I could give you some reasons.

Someone else will recommend a different one for some reasons.

All that matters is what you think when you play one.

You should play them and then decide for yourself which one you prefer.

Good Luck

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Someone here mentioned the C1 or G1 having terrible dynamic response - I would probably stead clear.

M
M
You tried one Morten?

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Indeed I have - I chose a Roland F140 after comparing it with a C1 for half an hour or so. This was when I was a complete beginner so I didn’t have much to go on but the feel, sound and build quality seemed better on the Roland.
I recall another user on this forum being quite clear on the issues with the dynamics issues - I believe he actually gave the thing away to be rid of it.

R
R
Hello
I own the Korg G1 Air and I completely love it. The action is very nice and the piano tones are also pleasing especially the Austrian
Grand for classical music. That Austrian Grand and the fact that it has 4 speakers ( two tweeters
up top in addition to the larger speakers down below) are the differences between it and the C1Air
There are no issues so far and I have had it for more than 6 months playing at least 2 hours per day
For the price it is pretty amazing
See Tim Praskins Arizona Piano Reviews on line-- he give a very in depth review and he was very
much recommending it

D
D
Hi Everyone,

I am looking forward to buy Korg G1 air. I am wondering fi anyone has this piano and are there any complaints? I heard about some problem with clicking keys. Is this a serious problem?

If you don't like this model, can some one recommend something else in same price range? I am getting it for $1500.

This will be my first DP. basically buying it for family and would like a model which emulates acoustic action pretty well and lasts a long time.

Thanks

Please read my post "Korg G1 Air Hiss". The piano has been returned to the supplier and i am awaiting their feedback. I will keep you posted.

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks! I have narrowed down on G1 air because of Tim Praskin's reviews and Youtube videos.

B
B
I have one, and it is a very good DP. We can tend to sink into “analysis paralysis”, based on what somebody else says on a forum, or what someone reports that someone else said. Before you know it, something is “not recommended”, so beware of herd mentality. The G1 Air has a great warranty, to boot. No clicking or any other problems on mine. I do wish that it had an audio-in port, but most DPs in this price range don’t. I use mine with and without a couple of VST’s, on both my iPhone and iPad. I have no use for anything except for the acoustic piano sounds, and am happy with those on the G1 Air. It works fine with and without headphones, too. No complaints here.

Beardog
1903 Steinway A
1975 Yamaha Studio Upright
Korg G1 Air
Kawai KDP110
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

The RH3 in the G1 Air is graded but only has 4 zones.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
The korg RH3 is very well made and very solid. I have my Korg Kronos with a 88-key RH3 action since 2,5 years, play advanced classical repertoire about 3 hours daily on it and everything works perfectly. Fast repeats are easy for me and the feel is just right. I sold my previous digital instrument with a Fatar action because the keys started to give up after less than a year with similar practice.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by Morten Olsson
I recall another user on this forum being quite clear on the issues with the dynamics issues - I believe he actually gave the thing away to be rid of it.

Good memory! That was me. Yes, I gave it away due to the dynamics and jarring velocity layer switching. But in fact two or three keys had also started abnormal clicking within a couple of weeks of ownership, which was a further annoyance.

I couldn't possibly recommend the G1 Air I'm afraid.

References to Tim Praskins reviews should also be tempered by the fact he is a salesman, not, (as he purports to be) an independent reviewer.

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Thanks for chiming in EssBrace - I had started to think that I might have gotten things mixed up in my admittedly fuzzy memory and I couldn't fine your post through search.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission