2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (bcalvanese, 1957, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 36251, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, 8 invisible), 1,401 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
OP Offline
P
Does anyone of you know ScanScore? Is it worth the money? I just received a $20 voucher for it, but I don't know if it's a good deal. The product demo looks nice and it seems to do the job. But in the demo you can't export, so I don't know if it would work with things like musescore. https://scan-score.com/en/?gclid=Cj...RLTm_eBspFs7_ZLSJgxhwDAGOoxoC6rEQAvD_BwE

P
OP Offline
P
Turns out, it does export! I tried it out and it's really nice. FYI they have a free trial too so you can play around

I would be curious to give it a shot. I haven’t tried software like this in over 10 years. Something tells me the more complex the score the more editing will be required but I guess that’s obvious.

I just remember so many errors from when I tried it. But I’m keeping a positive attitude! Right now, if I have something I want to ‘hear’ I copy the score into Notion (I’m pretty quick with notion) but scanning and listening would be pretty cool.

[Linked Image]
P
OP Offline
P
Hi Terry!

So you're right that the more complicated the score is, the more editing needs to be done. I feel like a lot of that comes from the fact that more complex scores are also more squished (like the staves are shorter to fit more on a page). With scanscore, there are also some limitations to how many lines you can scan in though, which I feel helps.

Definitely errors, but I've found that it works for me. It speeds up the process over typing in everything from scratch. If you can find a good deal, I would definitely give it a shot!

Thanks pianowillbebach! I should give it a new look over. I think I do remember one thing I did was to white out any blemishes on the score to be scanned. Wrinkles, scratches, etc are all read and those are interpreted on by the software.

[Linked Image]
F
F
How do you get discounts? I'd love to try, but right now my budget is pretty limited for new software. Not sure I want to dole out money

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for the tip on white-out! If you try it again, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts

P
OP Offline
P
Just go to the website and there will be coupon for 10% off. They also have a free trial I believe

A
A
Try PlayScore 2 for iPhone and iPad. It is more accurate than any of the desktop programs. Free to try for piano music with a photo. payscore.co.

Anthony wilkes
T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
It's 2 AM ... and I just tried PlayScore 2 on my Ipad. I'm completely gobsmacked. I do not believe this technology which is nothing short of miraculous. I remember days when I had to save money to buy manuscript paper and carefully ink in each note. Now I have multiple computer programs to help me produce beautiful clean scores. But this little gadget is a sheer joy. You even get a try at a huge list of various instruments. I'll never go to bed tonight. Thank you and thank you again! laugh wow

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission