Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
134 registered members (bearbate, Animisha, AlphaBravoCharlie, anotherscott, A441, 36251, anamnesis, 40 invisible), 1,582 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Totally beginner - where should I start? #2844456
05/02/19 10:45 AM
05/02/19 10:45 AM
S
sherrycherrysc Online content OP
sherrycherrysc  Online Content OP
S

Hello everyone, I am a totally newbie to Piano.
Here is me:
My parents sent me to private violin classes since I was 4. And I was forced by my parents to practice for the violin exams for about 10 years. My teacher is a wonderful performer and emphasizes on every detail. So, I was kept being told that I was playing out of tune almost every second. Finally, I developed a facial expression decoding skill (don't laugh T_T) to guess when and how much I should pitch lower or higher instead of listening to the music. I totally have no confidence in my pitch, and I don't know how badly I am. I don't have absolute pitch, but I have relative pitch. I don't know whether my relative pitch is good enough to play violin just for fun. When I played violin for my parents or friends, nobody ever said that I was out of tune, but I don't know whether they were just trying to be polite because I DID notice some faults and the frequency of making mistake is non-consistent. I gave up violin completely since high school and I thought I would hate violin forever. Strangely, I started to miss it in the past 5 years and I even signed up a 10 private lessons at University. This time the teacher was super nice, and she said I was picking up quickly and making good progress, but I just can't believe in myself. I can't get out of the thought that she WAS just BEING NICE and NOT STRICT enough.

I always wish I could learn piano instead of violin thus don't need to care about the pitch. And I love music and love the sound of piano. Now I have a 5-year-old boy who loves singing and music. He wants to take an instrument class as all his classmates and friends already started. I hold him back on purpose. I say to myself that I will never let my child start with strings first. I will never push or force him or compare him with other kids. I will never scoff at him if he is not making progress which is "wasting money". I will never send the kid to an instrument class without any knowledge of that instrument. I will learn piano first and let him decide whether he want to join in the journey after one year. If I cannot make it, why should I expect a little boy do>!

So here is my plan: I will start to learn piano for one year first. I have ordered Yamaha p515 and will hopefully get it by the end of the month. I will try to enroll in the piano class in fall (no available spots left in spring or summer now) in the nearest community center.
My question is, will it hurt if I start learning position and finger techniques at YouTube now? If yes, whose channel is/are the best? What can I do before I get my keyboard and before I get a teacher? I have no problem with music reading.

And most important thing. I do love piano even though I also love (oh such a mixed feeling, I hope I can pick it up after years of practicing of piano) violin. I want to learn piano because I love it, not because I can’t play violin.

Thank you!

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: sherrycherrysc] #2844459
05/02/19 10:58 AM
05/02/19 10:58 AM
Tyrone Slothrop Online content
Tyrone Slothrop  Online Content

Originally Posted by sherrycherrysc
Here is me:
My parents sent me to private violin classes since I was 4. And I was forced by my parents to practice for the violin exams for about 10 years. My teacher is a wonderful performer and emphasizes on every detail. So, I was kept being told that I was playing out of tune almost every second. Finally, I developed a facial expression decoding skill (don't laugh T_T) to guess when and how much I should pitch lower or higher instead of listening to the music. I totally have no confidence in my pitch, and I don't know how badly I am. I don't have absolute pitch, but I have relative pitch. I don't know whether my relative pitch is good enough to play violin just for fun. When I played violin for my parents or friends, nobody ever said that I was out of tune, but I don't know whether they were just trying to be polite because I DID notice some faults and the frequency of making mistake is non-consistent. I gave up violin completely since high school and I thought I would hate violin forever. Strangely, I started to miss it in the past 5 years and I even signed up a 10 private lessons at University. This time the teacher was super nice, and she said I was picking up quickly and making good progress, but I just can't believe in myself. I can't get out of the thought that she WAS just BEING NICE and NOT STRICT enough.

I always wish I could learn piano instead of violin thus don't need to care about the pitch. And I love music and love the sound of piano. Now I have a 5-year-old boy who loves singing and music. He wants to take an instrument class as all his classmates and friends already started. I hold him back on purpose. I say to myself that I will never let my child start with strings first. I will never push or force him or compare him with other kids. I will never scoff at him if he is not making progress which is "wasting money". I will never send the kid to an instrument class without any knowledge of that instrument. I will learn piano first and let him decide whether he want to join in the journey after one year. If I cannot make it, why should I expect a little boy do>!

So here is my plan: I will start to learn piano for one year first. I have ordered Yamaha p515 and will hopefully get it by the end of the month. I will try to enroll in the piano class in fall (no available spots left in spring or summer now) in the nearest community center.
My question is, will it hurt if I start learning position and finger techniques at YouTube now? If yes, whose channel is/are the best? What can I do before I get my keyboard and before I get a teacher? I have no problem with music reading.

And most important thing. I do love piano even though I also love (oh such a mixed feeling, I hope I can pick it up after years of practicing of piano) violin. I want to learn piano because I love it, not because I can’t play violin.

Thank you!

Welcome to PW Sherry!

You haven't told us what sort of music you want to play on the piano, which would definitely affect any recommendations. Going to assume for the moment it is classical piano. Please let us know if you want pop, contemporary, jazz, or something else.

If you are going to learn from Youtube, the best, nearly comprehensive instruction (classical piano) is that offered by Allysia Van Betuw on her pianoTV channel. There are other wonderful teachers on Youtube, but none offer a close to comprehensive program of instruction. Allysia also offers some course material one pays for if desired.

IMO, the best comprehensive online video course for classical piano on a fee-basis (about $40 or so a month or thereabouts) is this one, encompassing about 3 typical years of classical piano instruction. There is a thread dedicated to PCA on this forum, although it hasn't been updated recently.

If you are interested in different sorts of music, then there would be different resources. For pop, gospel, praise, for example, learning chord piano might be the easiest approach.

across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: sherrycherrysc] #2844461
05/02/19 11:12 AM
05/02/19 11:12 AM
L
LarryK Online content
500 Post Club Member
LarryK  Online Content
500 Post Club Member
L

Welcome!

I played the violin for about ten years, in my twenties, and can say that I think everybody has problems playing in tune on the violin, it's not just you. I saw an advanced player on YouTube who posted her daily practice sessions, and there were obvious intonation problems in her playing. I think it is very difficult to play well on the violin because it is so sensitive to where you place your fingers, and, the whole steps and half steps are very close together when you play high on the fretboard.

I've since switched to the classical guitar, about nine years ago, and study with a wonderful teacher. I don't have the same problems as on the violin, I have frets, of course, but I still have all sorts of problems. ;-)

I have just started learning to play the piano and also bought a Yamaha P-515. I like it but I like my teacher's Steinway better. I started working through Bartok's Mikrokosmos but my teacher is not happy about teaching from that book so she is showing me her own way. She had me get Schaum's Fingerpower Level Two and The Joy of First Classics. I have to say that the first lesson with my teacher was a revelation in terms of moving on the keyboard and I am sorry that I even tried to teach myself. My teacher is Russian, and very hands on, like my old Russian violin teacher. I will move or she will move me, lol. I was stuck to the keyboard like a bug before I started taking lessons but now, I am learning how to fly above the keys.

Good luck!

Last edited by LarryK; 05/02/19 11:13 AM.

Yamaha P-515, Pianoteq Standard 6
Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2844477
05/02/19 01:01 PM
05/02/19 01:01 PM
S
S

Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Here is me:

Thank you!

Welcome to PW Sherry!

You haven't told us what sort of music you want to play on the piano, which would definitely affect any recommendations. Going to assume for the moment it is classical piano. Please let us know if you want pop, contemporary, jazz, or something else.

If you are going to learn from Youtube, the best, nearly comprehensive instruction (classical piano) is that offered by Allysia Van Betuw on her pianoTV channel. There are other wonderful teachers on Youtube, but none offer a close to comprehensive program of instruction. Allysia also offers some course material one pays for if desired.

IMO, the best comprehensive online video course for classical piano on a fee-basis (about $40 or so a month or thereabouts) is this one, encompassing about 3 typical years of classical piano instruction. There is a thread dedicated to PCA on this forum, although it hasn't been updated recently.

If you are interested in different sorts of music, then there would be different resources. For pop, gospel, praise, for example, learning chord piano might be the easiest approach.

Thank you so much for such detailed information!
Yes, I want to learn classical piano, and I totally understand and am prepared for the daily practice. I don't have specific songs want to play or goals want to get. I just want to learn for myself, and be a model to my son. Oh, I want to play some disney songs, but I can already play it by using handbells or just typing on keyboard already ---- that's enough for my little one at this time.

I will check the channels and online course today. I am sooooooo excited!!!!

Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: sherrycherrysc] #2844480
05/02/19 01:13 PM
05/02/19 01:13 PM
S
S

Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Here is me:

Thank you!

Welcome to PW Sherry!

Thank you so much for such detailed information!
Yes, I want to learn classical piano, and I totally understand and am prepared for the daily practice. I don't have specific songs want to play or goals want to get. I just want to learn for myself, and be a model to my son. Oh, I want to play some disney songs, but I can already play it by using handbells or just typing on keyboard already ---- that's enough for my little one at this time.

I will check the channels and online course today. I am sooooooo excited!!!!
Originally Posted by LarryK
Welcome!

I played the violin for about ten years, in my twenties, and can say that I think everybody has problems playing in tune on the violin, it's not just you. I saw an advanced player on YouTube who posted her daily practice sessions, and there were obvious intonation problems in her playing. I think it is very difficult to play well on the violin because it is so sensitive to where you place your fingers, and, the whole steps and half steps are very close together when you play high on the fretboard.

I've since switched to the classical guitar, about nine years ago, and study with a wonderful teacher. I don't have the same problems as on the violin, I have frets, of course, but I still have all sorts of problems. ;-)

I have just started learning to play the piano and also bought a Yamaha P-515. I like it but I like my teacher's Steinway better. I started working through Bartok's Mikrokosmos but my teacher is not happy about teaching from that book so she is showing me her own way. She had me get Schaum's Fingerpower Level Two and The Joy of First Classics. I have to say that the first lesson with my teacher was a revelation in terms of moving on the keyboard and I am sorry that I even tried to teach myself. My teacher is Russian, and very hands on, like my old Russian violin teacher. I will move or she will move me, lol. I was stuck to the keyboard like a bug before I started taking lessons but now, I am learning how to fly above the keys.

Good luck!

Thank you! We have so much in common!
Actually your words just made me to sign up a free first piano class at a local music school in June... If they have spots to fit my time slit, I may can have teachers from the beginning! But I don't know what kind of teacher I will get, or whether I can have a teacher, finger crossing...
I do prefer Russian teachers, or Chinese teachers. It sounds like I have Stockholm syndrome (You know what kind of violin teacher I used have now)...>_<

Last edited by sherrycherrysc; 05/02/19 01:13 PM.
Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: sherrycherrysc] #2844483
05/02/19 01:31 PM
05/02/19 01:31 PM
Sweden
Animisha Online content
500 Post Club Member
Animisha  Online Content
500 Post Club Member

Sweden
I do prefer Russian teachers, or Chinese teachers. It sounds like I have Stockholm syndrome (You know what kind of violin teacher I used have now)...>_<

Hi sherrycherrysc, welcome to the forum! The teacher Ilinca Vartic of PCA (the website for the online video course for classical piano that Tyrone recommended you), is from Moldova, speaks with a Russian accent (well, to my ears) and she teaches using the book and the methods of Nikolaev's Russian School of Piano Playing. I fully agree with this recommendation, it is the best you can get. And Ilinca is very sweet, nothing lite a too strict piano teacher.

I will learn piano first and let him decide whether he want to join in the journey after one year. If I cannot make it, why should I expect a little boy do>!

I am sure that you will make it, being so motivated as you are. But really, why let your son wait for a year? Once your piano arrives, he probably will very much want to play on it. And if that is the case, why don't you try to find a friendly piano teacher who enjoys working with young children, and start him on lessons?

Last edited by Animisha; 05/02/19 01:32 PM.

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: Animisha] #2844488
05/02/19 01:44 PM
05/02/19 01:44 PM
S
S

Originally Posted by Animisha

Hi sherrycherrysc, welcome to the forum! The teacher Ilinca Vartic of PCA (the website for the online video course for classical piano that Tyrone recommended you), is from Moldova, speaks with a Russian accent (well, to my ears) and she teaches using the book and the methods of Nikolaev's Russian School of Piano Playing. I fully agree with this recommendation, it is the best you can get. And Ilinca is very sweet, nothing lite a too strict piano teacher.

I will learn piano first and let him decide whether he want to join in the journey after one year. If I cannot make it, why should I expect a little boy do>!

I am sure that you will make it, being so motivated as you are. But really, why let your son wait for a year? Once your piano arrives, he probably will very much want to play on it. And if that is the case, why don't you try to find a friendly piano teacher who enjoys working with young children, and start him on lessons?

Why I want my son to wait is because:
1) we may move in one year.
2) He is very strong-willed and hates to be told to do something (like me). He likes to say why you don't ask me first, or that's not my interest, just because you told me balabala...I want to play the trick that making him begging me to let him start :P He always keep his words.
3) He is a hyperactive boy. I think maybe it will be better for all of us: him, the teacher, and me to wait for one more year. At that time he will sit still for a longer time, and follow directions better.
After all, if I can start piano at 30, why should I worry about him? He is just 5 and have plenty of time.

Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: sherrycherrysc] #2844558
05/02/19 04:57 PM
05/02/19 04:57 PM
Toronto, Canada
T
thepianoplayer416 Online content
500 Post Club Member
thepianoplayer416  Online Content
500 Post Club Member
T

Toronto, Canada
The Y-T channel that I go to for info is <b>Piano Lessons on the Web</b> with Tim.

I have a few beginner books like Alfred's Piano Course level 1 & 2 for warm-up. And then there is the Hanon & Czerny exercise books to get the fingers to play accurately.

Based on your comments I don't think a teacher who is stricter is better or worst than one who has a friendly attitude. I started violin in high school and didn't think I would get into piano because I didn't think I have the hands coordination and read 2 staffs simultaneously. I just finished a group piano class at a conservatory and taking a summer break before the next session resumes in September. We had a nice teacher who would go online to find interesting arrangement of pieces for us to try.

Unless you wish to become a concert pianist, don't take your mistakes too seriously. After all, music is a pastime and there is a lot of learning & experimentation along the way. I take my mistakes in tuning & techniques as part of the learning experience. When I'm playing violin, I have an electronic metronome with a tuner handy. Every few notes I can check if my tuning is accurate.

I don't feel I need to compare myself to other people. Coming from a non-music family nobody around is a pro musician. A few people in my family took piano lessons as a child but quit years ago. The one who still plays was enrolled in a Suzuki program. His parents think he has the talent for music and the Suzuki people promoted their unique approach to teaching that nurtures talent in music. Suzuki encourages students to start early. Whether you start early or late is a matter of personal preference. Music is a personal thing so don't feel learning an instrument needs to be competitive or you need to measure yourself against your peers. I've never played in a recital or entered any music competition. The fact that I'm still playing piano & violin close to my retirement years after everyone else in the family stopped is already an accomplishment. I'm still better known as a violin player in my family even when my piano piano is already at an intermediate level.

Good luck...

Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: thepianoplayer416] #2844742
05/03/19 10:09 AM
05/03/19 10:09 AM
S
S

Thank you thepianoplayer416! Thank you for sharing experience and encouraging me!

I know I should not take my mistakes too seriously but I just can't.... I struggled a lot (in most aspects of my life) and finally I have to accept it as a trait of me. It gives me frustration often but whenever I obstacle it, I feel such great achievement and maybe I am addicted to that great feeling...

Your idea of having an electronic metronome with a tuner handy is so clever! I just placed an order on amazon... But I think I will stick to PIANO first. I want to make some progress on piano and gain my confidence in music back. Also I don't want to make noise... I am saving money for my piano classes not for another electric violin plus amp or speaker (I am not a tech person, the electric terms kill me when I researched the digital pianos T_T)

I will not use the Suzuki method because, actually sight reading is one of my strength, while listening is not. I hope I can play piano & violin like you one day. Picking them up and not stop (till my death) is an accomplishment to me.

Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: sherrycherrysc] #2845290
05/05/19 01:08 AM
05/05/19 01:08 AM
M
meaculpa Offline
meaculpa  Offline
M

Best of luck Sherry Cherry, don't give up!
Can you find a tutor for maybe twice a week or 3 weeks? It would probably keep the cost down if that is a problem.

I don't know which country you are in, but this site is excellent for advice.

https://www.abrsm.org/forum/index.php?act=idx

Last edited by meaculpa; 05/05/19 01:11 AM.
Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: sherrycherrysc] #2845297
05/05/19 01:50 AM
05/05/19 01:50 AM
G
girflush Offline
girflush  Offline
G

Unless the instruction is teaching you something really unorthodox like a 1-2 right hand fingering for scales or thumbs free playing (both of which were orthodox at one time!), then for the most part learning a bit on your own should only enhance your upcoming lessons in the fall. Welcome to the piano and good luck!

Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: sherrycherrysc] #2845757
05/06/19 12:30 PM
05/06/19 12:30 PM
W
wouter79 Offline
5000 Post Club Member
wouter79  Offline
5000 Post Club Member
W

I would suggest to get a teacher before you start playing. Once you learn wrong habits, you will have a very hard time to unlearn those. Youtube will not help you finding what you are doing wrong. RSI and the liike (we have seen self learners ending up there) will give you warningsigns but they are a very hard and may take years to recover.

I can't get out of the thought that she WAS just BEING NICE and NOT STRICT enough.

Yes this is hard to make out. Also teachers want to encourage you and therefore they can't start working at all problems at once.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: sherrycherrysc] #2845883
05/06/19 08:26 PM
05/06/19 08:26 PM
Quebec city, QC
CadenzaVvi Offline
CadenzaVvi  Offline

Quebec city, QC
I have nothing relevant to say, but the title of the thread made me think of that: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/9c/dc/aa/9cdcaa470b2ed9aeef660eda20eb8836.jpg grin

A good way to start seems to be pressing keys. laugh

My piano journey from day 1
Started piano on February 2016.
Pieces I'm working on :
- Rameau, Les Sauvages
- Mozart, K545, 1st mov
- Chopin, nocturne op. posth. in C# minor
- Debussy, Golliwog's cakewalk
- Pozzoli, E.R. 427, etude no. 6
Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: CadenzaVvi] #2845897
05/06/19 09:08 PM
05/06/19 09:08 PM
Canada
Serge88 Offline

Silver Subscriber
Serge88  Offline

Silver Subscriber

Canada
crazy

Originally Posted by CadenzaVvi
I have nothing relevant to say, but the title of the thread made me think of that: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/9c/dc/aa/9cdcaa470b2ed9aeef660eda20eb8836.jpg grin

"The piano keys are black and white but they sound like a million colors in your mind.”
– Maria Cristina

Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: CadenzaVvi] #2845995
05/07/19 07:11 AM
05/07/19 07:11 AM
W
Whizbang Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Whizbang  Offline
2000 Post Club Member
W

Originally Posted by CadenzaVvi

I have been looking but I can't find the <Any> key anywhere.

Whizbang [Linked Image]
amateur ragtime pianist
https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeschala
Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: sherrycherrysc] #2846049
05/07/19 10:26 AM
05/07/19 10:26 AM
S
S

Thank you all! I am still waiting for my p515 (back stock on music friend). But I have taught myself the bass clef ^_^.
I think the sight-reading is not an issue for me now (at the beginning level). And I also contact a local music school and may attend weekly class for about 2 months(8-10 class), then I will switch to the cheaper community class...

I am just so excited... But I still need to wait for about 3 weeks to get my p515!!!!

Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: sherrycherrysc] #2846053
05/07/19 11:04 AM
05/07/19 11:04 AM
Pennsylvania
D
dmd Offline
4000 Post Club Member
dmd  Offline
4000 Post Club Member
D

Pennsylvania
Thank you all! I am still waiting for my p515 (back stock on music friend). But I have taught myself the bass clef ^_^.
I think the sight-reading is not an issue for me now (at the beginning level). And I also contact a local music school and may attend weekly class for about 2 months(8-10 class), then I will switch to the cheaper community class...

Good Plan

Don

Kawai MP11SE, Edifier R1850DB Active Bookshelf Speakers, Yamaha HS8S Powered Subwoofer, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones, Pianoteq and numerous other VSTs
Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: sherrycherrysc] #2846055
05/07/19 11:10 AM
05/07/19 11:10 AM
C
chongjasmine Offline
chongjasmine  Offline
C

Glad your piano journey has started.

Re: Totally beginner - where should I start? [Re: sherrycherrysc] #2847732
05/13/19 11:01 AM
05/13/19 11:01 AM
Just outside London UK
akc42 Offline
akc42  Offline

Just outside London UK

I know I should not take my mistakes too seriously but I just can't.... I struggled a lot (in most aspects of my life) and finally I have to accept it as a trait of me. It gives me frustration often but whenever I obstacle it, I feel such great achievement and maybe I am addicted to that great feeling....

I just post this in another thread, but its applicable here too. Read "The Perfect Wrong Note" by William Westney. I was getting very frustrated about making mistakes in practice before I ready this book. Now I don't (you'll have to read the book to find out why).

Moderated by  BB Player 

Shop Our Online Store!
Shop Our Store Online
Shop PianoSupplies.com

Did you know Piano World has an online store, and that it's loaded with goodies pianists and music lovers want?
Check it out and place your order.

Special Purchase!
Keyboard and Roses Piano Bench Cushion Keyboard & Roses 14"x30" piano bench cushions Regularly sold for $79 to $100, now only $39. (while supplies last)

(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways
New Topics - Multiple Forums
the amazing thumb
by Manne janne. 06/24/19 12:13 PM
Warner Bros intro
by Lachawiec. 06/24/19 08:39 AM
The only way to read Metronome Markings
by acortot. 06/24/19 07:40 AM
Help Me Decide Between CA78 and VPC1
by xhivo. 06/23/19 08:49 PM
What's Hot!!
PIANO TEACHERS Please read this!
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics192,680
Posts2,841,520
Members93,693
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission