2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
75 members (anotherscott, 36251, accordeur, Bruce In Philly, astrotoy, adamcz, brdwyguy, adamjh, 13 invisible), 886 guests, and 493 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by lorez
So, about the speakers...I’ve determined the main issue causing the lack of crispness in the sound is that the samples of the 515 kind of suck. I own the American D on the Korg Module on my iPad and it sounds better to my ears. I even tried listening to the Synchron and Garritan CFXs demos and they sound really good through the 515 speakers. Not amazing, but good enough. So my next purchase will be a laptop capable of running either CFX. Read the new thread on the Synchron and it received a lot of praises so I may end up buying that. In the meantime I’ll play the Steinway model D. I thought the quest for a piano was finished, but it’s just begun.

Have you tried changing the eq, and also, tried the sound boost on setting one?

The one thing i' m also trying to figuire out, if it is possible to change individual note volume, as it shows in the smart pianist app, only problem is i haven't been able to connect to the smart pianist app yet.

Yamaha P155, Yamaha P515
L
lorez Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Nope. After testing the Garritan I’m even more convinced the samples used by Yamaha are not that great.

S
sh1 Offline
S
Having lived with my P515 for a few weeks now I'm really surprised by those who say the action is even remotely heavy. I find it lighter than the CP4 and actually have a few concerns that it might not be heavy enough to facilitate good strength training. My hands whizz up and down on scales/arpeggios with very little resistance. I'd be keen to hear the thoughts of other owners on this.

As on overall package it's still impressive, though. The speakers do the job for me and the CFX sample is great...I almost never use the Bosendorfer, which sounds artificially soft and woody to me. The EPs are also really good if that's your thing.

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
If you think p515 action is light , the fp90 and es8 actions are even lighter, not sure which actions are heavier in this class of pianos or if there even is

Yamaha P155, Yamaha P515
Originally Posted by sh1
Having lived with my P515 for a few weeks now I'm really surprised by those who say the action is even remotely heavy. I find it lighter than the CP4 and actually have a few concerns that it might not be heavy enough to facilitate good strength training. My hands whizz up and down on scales/arpeggios with very little resistance. I'd be keen to hear the thoughts of other owners on this.

As on overall package it's still impressive, though. The speakers do the job for me and the CFX sample is great...I almost never use the Bosendorfer, which sounds artificially soft and woody to me. The EPs are also really good if that's your thing.

I was surprised by the heavy action comments as well.
Anything lighter, would be too light for me.

.... Jeff ▫️ Yamaha P515 ▫️ Roll Tide
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by jeffscot
Originally Posted by sh1

have you tried actions that are heavier if so which ones?

Yamaha P155, Yamaha P515
M
M
Originally Posted by jeffscot
Originally Posted by sh1

+1
(though somedays I do like the Bosendorfer...)

P-515
A
A
I've been playing a over a year, and am wondering whether to get an FP30 with stand and pedal (£500) or stump up more (£1500) for the p515.

Is the p515 worth the extra cash in terms of value?

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
I
Originally Posted by ahumdrumoflife
I've been playing a over a year, and am wondering whether to get an FP30 with stand and pedal (£500) or stump up more (£1500) for the p515.

Is the p515 worth the extra cash in terms of value?

I have played both, they are in a different class of pianos, p515 definitely sounds better.

Interms of action, though p515 comes back up faster, but not sure if it heavier/lighter, its been a while. Also, p515 is easier to play into though keyboard, i.e if you are playing closer to fall board on a real piano...

Last edited by Jitin; 12/14/18 04:44 PM.

Yamaha P155, Yamaha P515
L
lorez Offline OP
OP Offline
L
It’s heavier than the Roland FP-90 for sure, I played them side by side at a local music store. And the action of the FP-90 seems to be highly praised. I personally found it heavy in the beginning because I came from a non weighted synth action midi keyboard (the Korg Microkey Air 49, which also has mini keys). Now, after not even a month of two hours daily practice, it’s completely fine to me.

P515 - made in japan? made in china?

Yamaha 155, Yamaha Motif Rack XS(with mLan), Roland Fantom XR, Alesis Vi61, Behringer UMC404HD, Yamaha HS7, Cubase 7.5.4
M
M
Originally Posted by Hitry Plan

„The product wears a YAMAHA brand and is made in a YAMAHA factory. The quality meets YAMAHA standards and carries a YAMAHA warranty.“
Bad Mister(as seen on the yamahasynth forum)

😂

Yamaha C3 | CP88 | CP4 | P-121 | Sauter Upright
L
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by Hitry Plan

Mine says Made in Indonesia. The label is under the keyboard so I had to crawl under the stand.

I'm loving mine, don't much care where it's made. Now, I'm jonesin' for the backordered furniture stand so I can use my triple pedal assembly.

L
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
L

Originally Posted by Bobby Simons
I'm loving mine, don't much care where it's made. Now, I'm jonesin' for the backordered furniture stand so I can use my triple pedal assembly.

You can use a couple of bungee cords to attach it to your existing stand. That’s how I attached it to my Z stand. I have the furniture stand but need to rearrange my apartment to put the piano in its final place so I haven’t set it up yet.

Last edited by LarryK; 05/02/19 04:10 PM.

Where did you order from? I recently ordered from Kraft Music and they originally projected the stand would ship in June, but I just found out it should be here Monday. My original order was around 4/19

Excited to get this thing on the furniture stand, though it was really nice of the store to ship a free x-stand so I could start playing right away.

It has been taking me a bit to adjust to the different sound of the P515 coming from a px150, but overall I have been very happy with it. Trying to focus on getting back to practicing instead of fumbling with settings, but its a struggle smile

Originally Posted by Pennaith

Where did you order from? I recently ordered from Kraft Music and they originally projected the stand would ship in June, but I just found out it should be here Monday. My original order was around 4/19

Excited to get this thing on the furniture stand, though it was really nice of the store to ship a free x-stand so I could start playing right away.

It has been taking me a bit to adjust to the different sound of the P515 coming from a px150, but overall I have been very happy with it. Trying to focus on getting back to practicing instead of fumbling with settings, but its a struggle smile

Also from Kraft, on 4/25. I will send a hopeful email to Jake, my salesman.
Any new instrument is an adjustment - still acclimating my fingers to the feel of the new action, but I'm loving it! In my case, I have deliberately left everything else turned off in my music room and play only the Yamaha through it's own speakers.
[Linked Image]

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
@Bobby Simons only: Was that picture taken in a showroom? Or is that your own equipment? It the latter ... why so many keyboards?

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
why so many keyboard?

Guitar Acquisition Syndrome. wink

Yamaha P-515
L
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by JoeT
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
why so many keyboard?

Guitar Acquisition Syndrome. wink

You mean Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

Can you give us a tour of the keyboards?

Last edited by LarryK; 05/04/19 08:47 AM.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sustain/Sostenuto Pedal issues
by Lance Jensen - 09/17/21 04:49 PM
Upgrade to Used Upright or Advanced Digital Piano?
by Connor5522 - 09/17/21 03:44 PM
Bronzing Powder Mixing Turning Yellow Gold into Deep Gold
by Chernobieff Piano - 09/17/21 03:18 PM
Kawai NV5 Or NV10?
by Tenor1 - 09/17/21 02:53 PM
Mic + subwoofer for an acoustic piano?
by WinstonSmith - 09/17/21 02:25 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,160
Posts3,133,098
Members102,761
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission