2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
74 members (20/20 Vision, brdwyguy, AlkansBookcase, 36251, benkeys, bcalvanese, booms, Bruce Sato, Carey, 10 invisible), 1,925 guests, and 267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
iLogic Offline OP
OP Offline
I
.. before making a new purchase?

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Nope. I'm waiting for retirement.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by iLogic

No new purchases planned so far.

Yamaha P-515
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MacMacMac

I find it nearly impossible to wait for anything, so kudos to you on your patience. In two years, I could be dead. Or not. I think the 5+ months I've been working on upgrading my FP30 is a new personal record for me.

Possibly though, I'm just an honorary member of the instant gratification culture. No wonder my wife wants to take my cards away from me. blush

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
I
iLogic Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I’m most likely gonna hold off my 645/685 purchase until I’ve seen what Yamaha brings.

Buying one now and returning it because of a new model being on the horizon would be the last drop for my fiancé. I could barely get away with returning the CA98, having owned it for 3 weeks or something, haha.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Yamaha might release a new line of Clavinova CLP next year. That's considering how they have been releasing this line of DPs once every 3 years since 2005, and the last was in 2017.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

I find it nearly impossible to wait for anything, so kudos to you on your patience. In two years, I could be dead. Or not. I think the 5+ months I've been working on upgrading my FP30 is a new personal record for me.

Possibly though, I'm just an honorary member of the instant gratification culture. No wonder my wife wants to take my cards away from me. blush

I’m exactly the same. I can take decisions in a heartbeat and I can’t wait for more than a few seconds smile

Last edited by CyberGene; 05/01/19 10:57 AM.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Summer NAMM is usual uneventful, but I do agree on a new Clavinova line perhaps as soon as winter (January) NAMM.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Pete14
Summer NAMM is usual uneventful,

Good! (for me that is!) When I go to pull the trigger on my piano upgrade, I don't want to have any last minute misgivings about not waiting to see if there is an N2X despite what my local Yamaha dealer told me about the N2 line! laugh

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Your dealer, I speculate, might be telling the truth about the N2 being discontinued (no N2X).

P
P
Well, I believe that Yamaha could update Clavinova CVP line before CLP. Actual CVPs was released in 2015, 4 years ago, actual CLP in 2017. Some light rumours suggest that CVP line could be updated during this 2019, but obviously no one knows exactly when (and if....) it will be. When Summer NAMM will be held?

Last edited by Pianofortissimo; 05/01/19 01:59 PM.
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Pianofortissimo
When Summer NAMM will be held?

July 18-20, 2019

[Linked Image]

P
P
Thanks!

E
E
Nope... I'm on the cusp of a purchase. I'd really like to try the N1X before buying the CA78 I'm about to buy, but I really shouldn't spend $7500 on piano at this point in my life, so I don't think I will. My only issue with the Kawai is that I've only gotten my dealer down to $3450+tax, which is a little high based on the prices paid thread. I feel like I could find it a little cheaper elsewhere, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.

If NAMM is in July, don't expect to see the new pianos in the shops until October.

I
iLogic Offline OP
OP Offline
I
The p-515 was revealed at summer NAMM 2018, and that one is pretty popular.

O
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by iLogic

No, all done purchasing last year. But, I am always looking forward to NAMM to see what's new in DP world!

Osho

Mason & Hamlin BB
Kawai Novus NV10 + VST + Genelec 8050B monitors.
Current VST favorites (in the order of preference): Pianoteq 7/VSL Synchron Concert D//Garritan CFX/Embertone Walker D Full

[Linked Image]
B
B

Don't feel too bad. I just dropped $92,700 for the acoustic piano. Although, to be honest, I spent about 3 years looking, so I guess it doesn't really fall into the instant gratification dept. My wife is very patient, so long as I play sweet nothings for her on it.

I
iLogic Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted by BigIslandGuy

Don't feel too bad. I just dropped $92,700 for the acoustic piano. Although, to be honest, I spent about 3 years looking, so I guess it doesn't really fall into the instant gratification dept. My wife is very patient, so long as I play sweet nothings for her on it.

shocked shocked shocked

Last edited by iLogic; 05/02/19 02:56 AM.
L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by BigIslandGuy

You win. That puts it in perspective.

I like how buying an acoustic piano gets you off of the treadmill of upgrading, something which happens when a piano is tied to technology. The same principle applies even for acoustic pianos that don’t cost as much. Plus, you never have to upgrade the firmware on an acoustic piano.

I don’t think I’ll be happy until I own an acoustic piano. My teacher’s Steinway has ruined my keyboard for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission