Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
64 registered members (Cudo, brendon, CyberGene, 22 invisible), 1,181 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Summer Camp this year? [Re: Sam S] #2843878
04/30/19 06:37 PM
04/30/19 06:37 PM
Northern VA, U.S.
ClsscLib Offline

Unobtanium Supporter until Jun 020 2020
ClsscLib  Offline

Unobtanium Supporter until Jun 020 2020

3000 Post Club Member

Northern VA, U.S.
Headed off to the Music Institute of Chicago’s Adult Piano Camp in June, and very excited about it.

Have been to Summerkeys twice and VCM in Victoria once — both were great, but they’re quite different from each other.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing."

-- Florence Foster Jenkins
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Summer Camp this year? [Re: ClsscLib] #2843889
04/30/19 07:15 PM
04/30/19 07:15 PM
Long Island, NY
A
AssociateX Offline
AssociateX  Offline
A

Long Island, NY
Originally Posted by ClsscLib
Headed off to the Music Institute of Chicago’s Adult Piano Camp in June, and very excited about it.

Have been to Summerkeys twice and VCM in Victoria once — both were great, but they’re quite different from each other.

Can you elaborate- I love reviews and it helps to know the pros and cons of each before I choose/commit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Completed:
1. Schubert -MM 3 and Impromptu 90/1
2. Bach- Prelude & Fugue (F min - WTC 2)
Working on:
1. Brahms Intermezzo Op 118 #2
2. Beethoven Sonata Op 2 # 1
My YouTube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNj0Yha5exOWuJMTezV3t8Q
Re: Summer Camp this year? [Re: Sam S] #2843897
04/30/19 07:37 PM
04/30/19 07:37 PM
Maine, USA
R
Rick_Parks Offline
Rick_Parks  Offline
R

Maine, USA
Hi Sam.
Don't know if you remember, we met I think two times now at SK in passing... I've been servicing the pianos for Summerkeys-- this will be my 3rd year working for them. Will be there again this year, perhaps we'll meet up at some point again. Enjoy your visit again this year!

Parks and Sons Piano Service
www.parksandsonspiano.com
Re: Summer Camp this year? [Re: Rick_Parks] #2843901
04/30/19 07:57 PM
04/30/19 07:57 PM
Georgia, USA
Sam S Offline OP

3000 Post Club Member
Sam S  Offline OP

3000 Post Club Member

Georgia, USA
Originally Posted by Rick_Parks
Hi Sam.
Don't know if you remember, we met I think two times now at SK in passing... I've been servicing the pianos for Summerkeys-- this will be my 3rd year working for them. Will be there again this year, perhaps we'll meet up at some point again. Enjoy your visit again this year!

Sure, I remember. Pianos sounded great last year! Especially the Steinway in the church - it's playing and sounding much better.

San

Re: Summer Camp this year? [Re: ClsscLib] #2843903
04/30/19 07:59 PM
04/30/19 07:59 PM
D
dumka1 Offline
dumka1  Offline
D

Originally Posted by ClsscLib

I was hoping to participate this year for the first time but various family-related trips made my June completely packed. Hopefully next year ...

Re: Summer Camp this year? [Re: Rick_Parks] #2843930
04/30/19 11:02 PM
04/30/19 11:02 PM
Rocky Mountains, USA
EP Offline
500 Post Club Member
EP  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Rocky Mountains, USA
Hi Rick,
I remember you also - I met you last summer - I stay at Carol Dennison's house on School Street and you tuned her piano while I was there.
Best it's ever sounded (and you touched up the regulation a bit, as well.)
Ditto what Sam said as well - especially the church Steinway, which used to be a beast.
Bill

Re: Summer Camp this year? [Re: AssociateX] #2843947
05/01/19 12:52 AM
05/01/19 12:52 AM
Midwest US
E
ElaineAllegro Offline

Silver Subscriber
ElaineAllegro  Offline

Silver Subscriber
E

Midwest US
Looking forward to meeting ClsscLib @ Music Institute of Chicago's (MIC) Adult Piano Camp. (I've also been to Sonata in VT; Curtis' adult chamber music long weekend program; and local chamber music intensives.) This will be my third time at the MIC program. I was going to add a ton of detail about the program, but will err on the side of minimalism unless anyone wants more info. Very interested to hear ClsscLib's perceptions after camp.

(For those who remember that I said I'd post a link to the registration, my apologies. The program accommodates 24 pianists, and fills up within hours or days after registration opens. If you're interested in Piano Duo Camp in July, I think that is still open for registration.)

Last edited by ElaineAllegro; 05/01/19 12:54 AM. Reason: Hit Enter before removing typos.

Couperin, La Lugubre & La Ténébreuse; Mendelssohn, 3 Fantaisies, Op16; Mozart, Fantasia in C minor, K 475; Ravel, Menuet from Le Tombeau de Couperin
Re: Summer Camp this year? [Re: Sam S] #2844274
05/01/19 07:15 PM
05/01/19 07:15 PM
Maine, USA
R
Rick_Parks Offline
Rick_Parks  Offline
R

Maine, USA
Thanks to both of you for the compliments...
Hope you all enjoy this year again.
Will be going out there in two weeks or so to start getting the pianos ready for you all.

Parks and Sons Piano Service
www.parksandsonspiano.com
Re: Summer Camp this year? [Re: ElaineAllegro] #2844432
05/02/19 08:44 AM
05/02/19 08:44 AM
D
dumka1 Offline
dumka1  Offline
D

Originally Posted by ElaineAllegro

(For those who remember that I said I'd post a link to the registration, my apologies. The program accommodates 24 pianists, and fills up within hours or days after registration opens. If you're interested in Piano Duo Camp in July, I think that is still open for registration.)

No problem, I was obsessively checking their website at the end of last year but by the time they opened the registration, I knew the dates wouldn't work for me. Do they always open the registration basically right in the beginning of the year?

The duo festival sounds tempting but, given that I'll be traveling most of June, I wouldn't have time to prepare properly. Also, looking at their daily schedule, it's not clear to me what happens during the day--they only list evening classes for the adults. I think a camp format would work better for me, it's just so hard to get away from family/work (even though my summers are pretty flexible)...

Re: Summer Camp this year? [Re: EP] #2844761
05/03/19 11:07 AM
05/03/19 11:07 AM
Georgia, USA
Sam S Offline OP

3000 Post Club Member
Sam S  Offline OP

3000 Post Club Member

Georgia, USA
Originally Posted by EP
I’ll be there both weeks! Your place or mine.

Hi Bill! I think I missed seeing you last year - will be good to see you again...

Sam

Re: Summer Camp this year? [Re: Sam S] #2844827
05/03/19 02:31 PM
05/03/19 02:31 PM
Rocky Mountains, USA
EP Offline
500 Post Club Member
EP  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Rocky Mountains, USA
Hi Sam,
I was on an abbreviated schedule last year, but am back to my usual schedule this year. I'm doing a sort of "piano privilege lite" this year, working on pieces to accompany some of the teachers. Should be interesting!

Re: Summer Camp this year? [Re: dumka1] #2844879
05/03/19 06:13 PM
05/03/19 06:13 PM
Midwest US
E
ElaineAllegro Offline

Silver Subscriber
ElaineAllegro  Offline

Silver Subscriber
E

Midwest US
Originally Posted by dumka1

No problem, I was obsessively checking their website at the end of last year but by the time they opened the registration, I knew the dates wouldn't work for me. Do they always open the registration basically right in the beginning of the year?

The duo festival sounds tempting but, given that I'll be traveling most of June, I wouldn't have time to prepare properly. Also, looking at their daily schedule, it's not clear to me what happens during the day--they only list evening classes for the adults. I think a camp format would work better for me, it's just so hard to get away from family/work (even though my summers are pretty flexible)...

I'm sorry we won't get a chance to meet. Registration for adult piano camp used to start later, but somehow the link got placed online in Feb. this year without any announcement. I found it one night in Feb. just browsing around. I'd say, check out the Summer Camp section every few days starting Feb. 1 to see if the link is live. MIC's adult piano camp is always scheduled over Father's Day weekend, so probably June 18-21 in 2020.

The duo program does work better for locals, since it's mostly evenings and weekends. There was a more intensive duo long weekend last year, in which I took part, but that's not offered this year. I'd like to check out some of the other camp programs in the future; thinking about Estes Park (CO) especially.

Couperin, La Lugubre & La Ténébreuse; Mendelssohn, 3 Fantaisies, Op16; Mozart, Fantasia in C minor, K 475; Ravel, Menuet from Le Tombeau de Couperin
Re: Summer Camp this year? [Re: ElaineAllegro] #2844897
05/03/19 07:03 PM
05/03/19 07:03 PM
D
dumka1 Offline
dumka1  Offline
D

Originally Posted by ElaineAllegro
Originally Posted by dumka1

I'm sorry we won't get a chance to meet. Registration for adult piano camp used to start later, but somehow the link got placed online in Feb. this year without any announcement. I found it one night in Feb. just browsing around. I'd say, check out the Summer Camp section every few days starting Feb. 1 to see if the link is live. MIC's adult piano camp is always scheduled over Father's Day weekend, so probably June 18-21 in 2020.

The duo program does work better for locals, since it's mostly evenings and weekends. There was a more intensive duo long weekend last year, in which I took part, but that's not offered this year. I'd like to check out some of the other camp programs in the future; thinking about Estes Park (CO) especially.

I'm sorry, too. And thanks for the info. I got the impression the duo program might be better suited for locals. I live in Illinois, but not close enough to Chicago to make evening trips.

Re: Summer Camp this year? [Re: Sam S] #2858944
06/15/19 09:29 PM
06/15/19 09:29 PM
Rehoboth Beach De. USA
Rich D. Offline

Gold Subscriber
Rich D.  Offline

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member

Rehoboth Beach De. USA
Just noticed this thread. Will be at Summerkeys for two weeks beginning July 29th. Started going there in 2005 so I guess I am an old timer in more ways than one.

Rich

Retired at the beach

Anton Rubinstein said about the piano: "You think it is one instrument? It is a hundred instruments!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  BB Player 

(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What Piano is that?
by Jonky Ponky. 07/22/19 01:40 AM
Yamaha C1X SH2 (Silent) vs Yamaha N3X
by PianoStartsAt33. 07/22/19 12:36 AM
Isolating the left hand..
by Pianoperformance. 07/21/19 08:23 PM
How not to press with my 4th finger
by Veve87. 07/21/19 03:41 PM
What's Hot!!
PIANO TEACHERS Please read this!
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics193,112
Posts2,850,520
Members93,934
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission