2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.9 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

Who's Online Now
63 registered members (Catlady, Digitalguy, BethRH, Burkie, cmb13, butchkoch, 13 invisible), 397 guests, and 513 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 65 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 64 65
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2842696 04/26/19 02:33 PM
NobleHouse Offline
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sarah65
Originally Posted by bennevis
Anyway, that's all OT.....

Finally, that's the first sensible word you say here in this thread of simple gamers. laugh

laugh

[Linked Image]
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2842700 04/26/19 02:41 PM
Tyrone Slothrop Offline
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by WeakLeftHand
To change the subject...

I’ve read somewhere that Piano Marvel’s user interface is old looking and unmodern. I kind of agree. What do you guys think?

Do you think it needs a facelift to be more attractive to today’s savvy tech users? I personally do judge a book by its cover and appreciate a nice user interface.

For me personally it is perfect as it is, clear and uncluttered. I think what you've read was from earlier, when they had in PM an ugly wallpaper background. For me, the interface doesn't matter much, rather a program that works perfectly, than a flashy interface and lots of bugs and errors. Finally, most of the time you just look at a white sheet with notes, the rest is no longer important. wink

In fact, since I started with PM in Feb 2018, I think the UI has improved. For example, the library interface is so much better now, than it was back then.

I compare the PM interface with Playground Sessions which looks prettier. But actually I think the functionality in PM is so much better, so sometimes a more attractive interface doesn't mean that much.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2843812 04/30/19 01:52 PM
Chrispy Offline
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member

Thats why...
Hello PM users! Last night we did a HUGE update to our servers(snip)

Hey Sarah65, where did you see this? Is there an update blog or something I'm not aware of?

Now learning: Chopin C# minor Nocturne (posth) and C minor Prelude (big chords), Mozart Sonata in C K. 545
Instruments: Yamaha N1X, Kawai ES110, Roland GO:PIANO
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2843849 04/30/19 03:20 PM
GidgetKeys Offline
Chrispy:

It was on their Facebook page.

[Linked Image]

Alfred's Adult All-in-One, Book 1/2
Piano Marvel 4D

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2843868 04/30/19 05:06 PM
Chrispy Offline
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Oh that explains it, I deleted my Facebook account a few years ago and never looked back.

Now learning: Chopin C# minor Nocturne (posth) and C minor Prelude (big chords), Mozart Sonata in C K. 545
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2843870 04/30/19 05:14 PM
GidgetKeys Offline
Chrispy:

Those of us who are in the Piano for Beginners Facebook group (for Piano Marvel users) can try to remember to post here if anything important is posted by them over there that way you won't miss out on important news and announcements.

[Linked Image]

Alfred's Adult All-in-One, Book 1/2
Piano Marvel 4D

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: GidgetKeys] #2843982 05/01/19 03:31 AM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by GidgetKeys
Chrispy:

Those of us who are in the Piano for Beginners Facebook group (for Piano Marvel users) can try to remember to post here if anything important is posted by them over there that way you won't miss out on important news and announcements.

Good idea !

Piano Marvel level 4B and everything I like smile
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2844144 05/01/19 10:43 AM
Chrispy Offline
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
That would be appreciated, thanks!

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2844422 05/02/19 07:07 AM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Will you accept the challenge...to be the leader of your life and accomplish a 7 day streak? 1 minute a day for 7 days. If so...please indicate with a message below so the World can hold you accountable.
https://youtu.be/PvJJ2_Spk0g

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2846137 05/07/19 02:56 PM
M
Music&Lyrics Offline
M
I'm new here, just want to say hello to all PM users. I was looking (just a curiosity) on the Internet for someone, who completed 100% of PM and I have found this forum as well.
So, hello everyone smile

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Music&Lyrics] #2846166 05/07/19 03:55 PM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Music&Lyrics
I'm new here, just want to say hello to all PM users. I was looking (just a curiosity) on the Internet for someone, who completed 100% of PM and I have found this forum as well.
So, hello everyone smile

Hello and welcome. Have you found someone with 100% on everything? I do wonder what level you are in now. wink

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2846175 05/07/19 04:15 PM
M
Music&Lyrics Offline
M
So, hello everyone smile

Hello and welcome. Have you found someone with 100% on everything? I do wonder what level you are in now. wink

Nice to meet you Sarah. No, I haven't found. It looks that one of us maybe the first smile
I'm in the middle of 4E level BTW

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Music&Lyrics] #2846180 05/07/19 04:34 PM
Tyrone Slothrop Offline
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
So, hello everyone smile

Nice to meet you Sarah. No, I haven't found. It looks that one of us maybe the first smile

Of the ones posting regularly on PW, I think akc42 might be furthest along. He stopped somewhere in Level 6.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2846184 05/07/19 04:47 PM
M
Music&Lyrics Offline
M
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
So, hello everyone smile

Of the ones posting regularly on PW, I think akc42 might be furthest along. He stopped somewhere in Level 6.

Hi, I was just wondering what is the real effectiveness of PM. The perfect example would be someone with no skills, who completed 100% PM. As I said it's just a curiosity, cause at the end of the day I'm testing it on myself.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2846237 05/07/19 07:59 PM
S
Sielbear Offline
S
I’ve been using piano marvel on the iPad and the beta app is MUCH improved. I really like the form of the iPad as it is much more like sheet music than a laptop or pc monitor.

Secondly, how much time did it take you to complete the 4-2 technique exercise - 2 octaves with both hands simultaneously?!? I can do individual hands without issue. As soon as I try both together, my head explodes. Is it just me? Any tips besides building up muscle memory? Am I approaching it wrong? It’s balancing the different fingering patterns across both hands. 1 octave was pretty doable. The second octave with the 3/4/3/5 crossover pattern is making me crazy.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Music&Lyrics] #2846311 05/08/19 04:46 AM
TomInCinci Offline
So, hello everyone smile

My Skype teacher said his father completed everything with 100%. I think he said his father was 70.

I have 8 years until I'm 70 but some mornings it seems overly ambitious...

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sielbear] #2846437 05/08/19 11:24 AM
M
Music&Lyrics Offline
M
Originally Posted by Sielbear
I’ve been using piano marvel on the iPad and the beta app is MUCH improved. I really like the form of the iPad as it is much more like sheet music than a laptop or pc monitor.

Secondly, how much time did it take you to complete the 4-2 technique exercise - 2 octaves with both hands simultaneously?!? I can do individual hands without issue. As soon as I try both together, my head explodes. Is it just me? Any tips besides building up muscle memory? Am I approaching it wrong? It’s balancing the different fingering patterns across both hands. 1 octave was pretty doable. The second octave with the 3/4/3/5 crossover pattern is making me crazy.

I'm not sure which Technique exercise you are talking about. But so far the most difficult scale for me was the Bb scale.
It's the Technique: 4E level, 1st exercise. The challenge is that you have to start with different fingers of both hands, so coordination is the key.
It took me few weeks (up to 30 mins. a day) to complete Bb technique 1-4 (up to half combo) and Bb Method songs ("Turkey in the straw" was the last one).
So far my general and the most important conclusion about learning to play piano is: if you can't do it right 3 times in a row, you have to SLOW DOWN.
PM is teaching me patience. The further I go, the more I like to practice, and that is my second advice: learn to enjoy practice.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2846440 05/08/19 11:37 AM
W
WeakLeftHand Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
W
Sometimes I find that if I'm "stuck" on one exercise, I will get very frustrated and want to bang hard on my piano in anger. I realize that in such circumstances, I really have to just leave it, move on to the next exercise or work on other pieces, then come back on another day. When I do this, that piece I got stuck on somehow "unsticks" itself. And life is much better.

I particularly do not like the ear training exercises in Technique, nor the Flash Cards. They frustrate me to no end. But no pain, no gain I guess.

Or maybe I just need anger management lessons LOL.

Kawai K-500
Casio PX-735 (in retirement)
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: TomInCinci] #2846442 05/08/19 11:42 AM
M
Music&Lyrics Offline
M
Originally Posted by TomInCinci
So, hello everyone smile

My Skype teacher said his father completed everything with 100%. I think he said his father was 70.

I have 8 years until I'm 70 but some mornings it seems overly ambitious...

That's all right. Does your skype teacher like Piano Marvel? Can you recommend a lessons provided through the skype? Are they effective?

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: WeakLeftHand] #2846448 05/08/19 11:54 AM
M
Music&Lyrics Offline
M
Originally Posted by WeakLeftHand
Sometimes I find that if I'm "stuck" on one exercise, I will get very frustrated and want to bang hard on my piano in anger. I realize that in such circumstances, I really have to just leave it, move on to the next exercise or work on other pieces, then come back on another day. When I do this, that piece I got stuck on somehow "unsticks" itself. And life is much better.

I particularly do not like the ear training exercises in Technique, nor the Flash Cards. They frustrate me to no end. But no pain, no gain I guess.

Or maybe I just need anger management lessons LOL.

Don't let me start talking about my anger smile But as I said, I'm learning not only to play piano but also a little bit about myself, my limitations, lack of patience. I like the 'computer game' style of PM with all the rewards and percents.
The satisfaction after completing a difficult piece is very much real and proves that I'm stronger than my demons laugh

Page 34 of 65 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 64 65

Moderated by  BB Player 

What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Our January 2020 Newsletter Available Online Now...
Free Piano Newsletter
----------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Free Trial
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway fallboard lettering
by Lushey1 - 02/21/20 04:30 AM
How do you deal with sweaty hands?
by PracticingPianist - 02/21/20 01:34 AM
FP 90 Question...
by GWILLY - 02/21/20 12:27 AM
I am inspired to write some music
by MichaelJK - 02/20/20 10:51 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics197,098
Posts2,928,220
Members96,057
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission