2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Advanced Piano Tricks
Advanced Piano Tricks
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
109 members (almo82, apianostudent, An Old Square, 36251, anotherscott, accordeur, Animisha, Bach On Lock, 20 invisible), 1,016 guests, and 479 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted by CyberGene
All of them are interesting to me except for the organ one, I guess I’ve never been so keen on Hammond and stuff. My needs are for a tiny keyboard that has speakers so that it can be used as a toy piano by my daughter but can also double as a synth that I can use in an occasional jam (as a second board to a stage piano) or for travel. The CS (analog modeling) is also very tempting.

Check this video

Schimmel 130T / Viscount Cantorum Trio / Viscount Legend '70 Artist W / Dexibell VIVO P3 / Behringer 2600 / AKAI MPC Live II
J
J
P.S. Well, just checked. Neither of the two Casio pianos has MIDI out. Only USB to host, which won’t work between two instruments.

If you have an iphone, even an older one, this is no issue at all.
The iphone can act as a compact but fast usb host.

Iphone -> camera kit -> usb 2.0 hub (there are tiny 2 port ones). Connect both casio and reface cp via usb cable.

audiobus app - route midi channels. Done, very low latency midi control on tje go.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P.S. Well, just checked. Neither of the two Casio pianos has MIDI out. Only USB to host, which won’t work between two instruments.

Wouldn't a cable like this solve this issue?

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
J
J
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

No. See my response above

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E

More like this:
[Linked Image]

or this:
[Linked Image]

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Thanks, I assumed an intermediate host devices were available. The iPhone solution is also a good one.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
J
J
Thanks, I assumed an intermediate host devices were available. The iPhone solution is also a good one.

I have used both solutions and my experiences with the dedicated usb host boxes have been not so great. Apart from being pricey, they tend to have a noticeable latency versus an iphone where you can set the latency to ultra low. The iphone approach also allows you to connect and route multiple usb midi devices whereas host boxes typically only support 1 device.

Nice example orco! By the way, OT I know, but how do you like that Schimmel and Montage?

Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra

whitepianos.blogspot.com
F
F
Played that hidden acoustic grand on my Reface CP for the first time today. Great sound indeed.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I'm a big fan of the Reface CP. I played one at a trade show a few years ago, only expecting to tinker with it for five minutes or so - an hour later, I was still playing it. wink

I wasn't aware of the Easter Egg piano sound at that time, but recall seeing a tutorial on YouTube from a guy who had modded his Reface CP to add a hardware toggle switch to access that sound.

It's certainly a cool little unit, and with a Bluetooth MIDI adaptor would pair nicely with an iOS device for additional sounds.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Cheshire Chris, still loving the CP? laugh It’s in my Thomann cart. After every YouTube video I see of it I go and almost push the checkout button smile

OP Offline
Absolutely, yes. It’s a great little keyboard, and I can play all my practice pieces on it absolutely fine now. Push that button!

I found a video which shows a simple hardware mod for accessing the acoustic piano more easily:

https://vimeo.com/232734752

It looks easy enough, so I think I’ll try it.

Chris

Yamaha P-515, Yamaha Reface CP.
R
R
I like my Reface CP too but I am not travelling too much to keep them longer and mini keys are a bit frustrating for me. Anyway as a sounds and effects on the board Reface CP is fantastic. I am already selling with gig bag on e...y wink

Kawai VPC1 | Arturia Minilab Mk2
Pianoteq 6 Pro | Synthogy Ivory II | Production Voices | Arturia Analog Lab Lite | Korg Collection
Roland Quad Capture | Neumann KH120 | Grado SR225i
trumpet Getzen, cornet Olds Ambassador
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
A question to Cheshire Chris. I just bought a Reface CP, seems lovable but I'm at the office, so will play more with it in the next days. However there's some confusion with the firmware version. I'll repost my question from the Yamahasynth forum:

..I decided to see if it has the latest firmware installed and so I followed the update manual. According to it, in order to check the version I should press and hold the lowest C# key while turning on and observe that the "Wr" LED lights up which would confirm I have 1.30. When I did that, something entirely different happened: the Wr, Clv, Tremolo, Delay and Reverb LED-s are steadily on and the Chorus blinks for a moment. After that it goes into normal mode. So, I decided I didn't have 1.30 and downloaded the updater and installed 1.30 according to the instructions and all went well with all type LED-s finally ON to confirm the update has finished successfully. Well, guess what, when I re-checked the firmware version I still don't have the Wr LED ON to confirm 1.30 but I have the same situation with Wr and Clv ON, effect LED-s on and Chorus blinking. I tested some of the new features such as master transpose, etc. and they work correctly so I guess I have 1.30 already but Yamaha need to fix the update manual because it's misleading. Hopefully I haven't downgraded the firmware from some supposedly higher version (e.g. 1.40 shipped from the factory) to the official 1.30 one. Can someone from Yamaha confirm what's the actual status of the firmware version on CP and why the status LED-s differ compared to what manual has?

Can you confirm you see the same behavior with yours?

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A

USB to MIDI hosts are very expensive. You can use one of these boards:

USB host to MIDI

Kawai MP7SE, Yamaha MOTF XF6, Yamaha WX5, Yamaha Pacifica 112v
4000 Post Club Member
Online Crying
4000 Post Club Member
I had never heard of it until a few days ago when I saw a reference to it by CyberGene. I've been slightly obsessed with it for the last couple of days... I have to get this, and the two synths.

How is the build quality of knobs etc.?

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
OK. I climbed onboard too. I just bought a Reface CP with a Yamaha FC2A foot pedal. Should be arriving on Monday. I hope it will fit in my carry-on luggage. I should have ordered it earlier as I already have to go on a 3-day trip tomorrow and it would have been a good test.

As it is, the place I'm going tomorrow has a piano so I won't be breaking my unbroken 6 month piano practice streak yet smile

Originally Posted by johnstaf
I had never heard of it until a few days ago when I saw a reference to it by CyberGene. I've been slightly obsessed with it for the last couple of days... I have to get this, and the two synths.

How is the build quality of knobs etc.?

If you haven't already gotten your own before then, I'll likely be bringing mine to PhilipInChina's piano party in Bulgaria next month, and you can see it there. (Hey, CyberGene, are you going to bring yours along too on your vaca?) Of course, this is assuming I'll have gotten the upper hand with the Luggage-Packing Police (i.e., my wife laugh laugh ). Luggage-Packing Police will of course immediately deem this to be "non-essential" gear shocked and attempt to immediately jettison it. mad In fact, I'll have to stay vigilant to prevent it from being "accidentally" left behind! shocked

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Welcome on board smile Yes, I might bring mine! (From the phone, sorry for being too laconic).

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Are there any discussions that anyone has found about workable hacks to turn the super secret acoustical piano sound 'Easter egg' into the main instrument patch?

[Linked Image]

4000 Post Club Member
Online Crying
4000 Post Club Member

If you haven't already gotten your own before then, I'll likely be bringing mine to PhilipInChina's piano party in Bulgaria next month, and you can see it there. (Hey, CyberGene, are you going to bring yours along too on your vaca?) Of course, this is assuming I'll have gotten the upper hand with the Luggage-Packing Police (i.e., my wife laugh laugh ). Luggage-Packing Police will of course immediately deem this to be "non-essential" gear shocked and attempt to immediately jettison it. mad In fact, I'll have to stay vigilant to prevent it from being "accidentally" left behind! shocked

Great! I look forward to seeing it! Everyone seems to love it, and it's so affordable.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
High end speaker v.s. a real sound board
by NavH - 01/20/22 10:33 AM
VST? Get an external DAC.
by Bruce In Philly - 01/20/22 10:19 AM
Vertigo, Pianos, and Earbud Speakers
by ClsscLib - 01/20/22 10:07 AM
Welcome New Members!
by Piano World - 01/20/22 09:53 AM
Memorization: Corea vs. Zhdanov
by Emery Wang - 01/20/22 09:03 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!

Free Piano Lovers Newsletter is out now!
Piano News 2021 - 2022!
---------------------
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics211,259
Posts3,162,473
Members104,096
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission