2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.9 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Petrof Pianos
Petrof Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Karsten Collection
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Who's Online Now
62 members (David Lai, Bill McKaig,RPT, David B, Cudo, CyberGene, 14 invisible), 574 guests, and 259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Native Instruments Noire Piano
Alex C #2833429 03/31/19 03:19 PM
P
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
P
I don’t know about samples, but more bacon is always better!

Alex C #2833443 03/31/19 03:59 PM
P
P
hope to hear the same work on a Bosendorfer and a Fazioli. I like the cfx as well, dont get me wrong.

Alex C #2833447 03/31/19 04:13 PM
G
G
I'm not too emotionally invested in this piano but I just wanted to say that these noisy upper notes in the recording do sound as if the samples are faulty. I don't think those are "resonances" or something like that building up. Not comparable to the noise floor in the Garritan CFX either. Here you have the same noise in exactly the same key. The noise floor in the Garritan CFX was building up the more notes you play.
Anyway in order to really judge this I'd have to buy it, and I'll wait until some sale for it. I've wasted too much money on buying piano VSTs on release day. Perhaps I've reached the point where I'm beginning to feel jaded considering the many VSTs I've bought and that I basically discarded after the first use.

pold #2833471 03/31/19 05:10 PM
R
R
Originally Posted by pold
hope to hear the same work on a Bosendorfer and a Fazioli. I like the cfx as well, dont get me wrong.

Ha, those are actually the two models that i don't have in any way or form in my libraries. I'm working on a video shootout between 3 of my favorite libraries at the moment: NOIRE, Ravenscroft and Keyscape. I played each one separately instead of getting lazy and applying the same midi file on all, so it's not going to be the same improvisation on all. I let each one guide me and i just played.

Last edited by RobR; 03/31/19 05:10 PM.
RobR #2833497 03/31/19 06:12 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by RobR

Ha, those are actually the two models that i don't have in any way or form in my libraries. I'm working on a video shootout between 3 of my favorite libraries at the moment: NOIRE, Ravenscroft and Keyscape. I played each one separately instead of getting lazy and applying the same midi file on all, so it's not going to be the same improvisation on all. I let each one guide me and i just played.

yes, and I liked your setting choice on the Noire with that bell-like sound. A bell-like sound is what I liked the most when I played Bosendorfer and Fazioli, I think they should sample them, especially the latest Bosies, they are pure tonal bliss.

Alex C #2833558 03/31/19 08:51 PM
R
R
NOIRE vs Ravenscroft vs Keyscape.

I did not use the same midi file, instead, i wanted to improvise on each one separately and let it guide me as i play.

- NOIRE default preset: 0:00
- Ravenscroft: 4:16
- Keyscape: 8:31
- NOIRE custom preset: 12:23

Alex C #2833563 03/31/19 09:06 PM
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
That is some great improv RobR.

The Ravenscroft has a powerful low end!

RobR #2833694 04/01/19 06:03 AM
P
P
Originally Posted by RobR
NOIRE vs Ravenscroft vs Keyscape.

I did not use the same midi file, instead, i wanted to improvise on each one separately and let it guide me as i play.

- NOIRE default preset: 0:00
- Ravenscroft: 4:16
- Keyscape: 8:31
- NOIRE custom preset: 12:23

fantastic, I liked all of them, but the best was deffo the Noire custom, second place keyscape, 3rd Noire default, 4th Ravenscroft.
Noire custom was like a different piano from Noire default, it sounds like NI did a great job on this vst.

pold #2833697 04/01/19 06:14 AM
R
R
Originally Posted by newer player
That is some great improv RobR.

The Ravenscroft has a powerful low end!

Thanks. So Ravenscroft is your favorite?

fantastic, I liked all of them, but the best was deffo the Noire custom, second place keyscape, 3rd Noire default, 4th Ravenscroft.
Noire custom was like a different piano from Noire default, it sounds like NI did a great job on this vst.

Thank you. Yes Noire can go as deep as you want. Very moldable and customizable.

Last edited by RobR; 04/01/19 06:14 AM.
Alex C #2833997 04/01/19 08:09 PM
Noire is really fine piano but NI is getting a bit crowded in the piano section now, I have Komplete and that already includes bunch like 4 or 6. There are also many pianos that somehow disappeared from NI site like the Vienna and Berlin concert grand. If you count all those we can talk about 10 pianos.
Still my favorite Kontakt pianos are cinesamples piano in blue and abbey road uprights. They do have real character....

Last edited by oscar1; 04/01/19 08:13 PM.

Casio PX-860, Roland Fantom G, Kurzweil PC1X, Korg Micro X
oscar1 #2834100 04/02/19 03:38 AM
N
N
Originally Posted by oscar1
Noire is really fine piano but NI is getting a bit crowded in the piano section now, I have Komplete and that already includes bunch like 4 or 6. There are also many pianos that somehow disappeared from NI site like the Vienna and Berlin concert grand. If you count all those we can talk about 10 pianos.
Still my favorite Kontakt pianos are cinesamples piano in blue and abbey road uprights. They do have real character....

But the cinesamples are clearly not for practice, rather for production. Because they were optimized for movie usage. I don't know about the others mentioned.

nicknameTaken #2834130 04/02/19 05:13 AM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by nicknameTaken
Originally Posted by oscar1

But the cinesamples are clearly not for practice, rather for production. Because they were optimized for movie usage. I don't know about the others mentioned.

What is done with samples that optimizes them for movie production? Does anyone know?

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Alex C #2834150 04/02/19 06:23 AM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Regarding Piano in Blue ...
Someone posted on gear slutz that it "sounds intimate and smoky, and I can see how this would work great for film noir stuff."
That's one man's opinion. I don't see how that leads to "the cinesamples are clearly not for practice, rather for production. Because they were optimized for movie usage".

MacMacMac #2834152 04/02/19 06:33 AM
N
N
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Regarding Piano in Blue ...
Someone posted on gear slutz that it "sounds intimate and smoky, and I can see how this would work great for film noir stuff."
That's one man's opinion. I don't see how that leads to "the cinesamples are clearly not for practice, rather for production. Because they were optimized for movie usage".

For my understanding, the name implies 'cinema' -> 'cinematic' ... pianos usually come with long reverbs and stuffs.
It also implies, there is a lots of effects going on, since it's not nailed down to either a real existing instrument, or a name users don't connect with.
Noire is also a name, which is also pretty neutral.

With Piano in Blue i connect 'blues'.

Last edited by nicknameTaken; 04/02/19 06:33 AM.
Smaug #2838131 04/11/19 04:48 PM
T
T
Originally Posted by Smaug
Pulled the plug and bought it based on the videos.
It's easily as playable as the Garritan CFX, but without the annoying hiss in the low velocity layers.

Hi Smaug...by far, of all my virtual pianos, the Garritan Abbey Road CFX is top of the heap. It's evokes So much more satisfaction with it's rich bottom end, etc. It really makes me feel as though I am sitting at the real thing. Now that you've had it for a while, would you still say this Noire is as good or better?

Tonio #2838625 04/13/19 06:11 AM
S
S
Originally Posted by Tonio
Hi Smaug...by far, of all my virtual pianos, the Garritan Abbey Road CFX is top of the heap. It's evokes So much more satisfaction with it's rich bottom end, etc. It really makes me feel as though I am sitting at the real thing. Now that you've had it for a while, would you still say this Noire is as good or better?

I'm still very much enamoured by the Noire. Although the same piano model as the Garritan, it is much more softly voiced and hence produces a more intimate sound. My favourite perspective on the Garritan was the player, as this produced the most focussed sound for me, but the Noire takes this to another level. I find its tone simply beautiful and makes the Garritan seem harsh in comparison. I had to put notch filters around 3.5kHz to tame some of the zings in the Garritan, but do not touch the Noire EQ. If your preference is for a harder brighter sound, then the Garritan might be of preferred, but for me the Noire is in another class.

Alex C #2838628 04/13/19 06:23 AM
N
N
The most important improvement from NOIRE is that it doesn't have this annoying noise. And if someone wants to convert me to a Garritan user - >NO<, I won't. I don't like Garritan CFX at all.

Alex C #2838634 04/13/19 07:35 AM
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Yes Noire is very interesting product, I use it more than I ever use Garritan despite the fact that Garritan is a good piano but Noire is just different, more customizable, size friendly (with time this condition is growing more and more in me), sound is more to my taste and many options are simply working. Noise free, he replace my Garritan and VSL CFX (I will probably sell it) and It is easy to make Noire to have similar sound signature as Keyscape C7. All in one relatively small package and I like that. I don`t use particles engine nor felt piano, for me this particle engine is just a software toy add but maybe someone find usage for that. Couple with Pianoteq it is probably more than anyone need from both worlds and Embertone also with most realistic sound once they (if) make update for this piano. With all that pianos, finally I don`t have any wish to go for another piano vst products (now thats a miracle).

slobajudge #2838636 04/13/19 07:40 AM
N
N
Originally Posted by slobajudge
Yes Noire is very interesting product, I use it more than I ever use Garritan despite the fact that Garritan is a good piano but Noire is just different, more customizable, size friendly (with time this condition is growing more and more in me), sound is more to my taste and many options are simply working. Noise free, he replace my Garritan and VSL CFX (I will probably sell it) and It is easy to make Noire to have similar sound signature as Keyscape C7. All in one relatively small package and I like that. I don`t use particles engine nor felt piano, for me this particle engine is just a software toy add but maybe someone find usage for that. Couple with Pianoteq it is probably more than anyone need from both worlds and Embertone also with most realistic sound once they (if) make update for this piano. With all that pianos, finally I don`t have any wish to go for another piano vst products (now thats a miracle).

So you would play Noire and Pianoteq at the same time?

nicknameTaken #2838637 04/13/19 07:47 AM
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by nicknameTaken

So you would play Noire and Pianoteq at the same time?

No, I just love Pianoteq and I find him a good sample brother that is fully working to play and enjoy in both.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Where Did The Buttons Go?!
----------------------
Our April 2020 Newsletter Available Online Now...
The Piano World During the Pandemic!
----------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Casio CDP-S350 / 150 now available in USA
by PianoManChuck - 07/12/20 11:46 AM
Brodmann vs Boston vs Yamaha?
by sdag - 07/12/20 10:12 AM
Warning for second hand sellers
by KevinM - 07/12/20 09:36 AM
Key weight setting
by CajunJ - 07/12/20 09:10 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics200,218
Posts2,979,843
Members97,750
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission